• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korten

Banned
Make his W remove all forms of CC and give him 10/20/30/40/50% tenacity for the duration and remove the snare removal from his Q (keep the move speed). Also up the base damage of his spin. Remove some AD scaling if you want, but up the base.

His W would be a "I'm a tank rararara" button.

I feel like his W is useless a lot of the time... :(

Think we might ever get changes like that? D:

Einbroch

Banned
I feel like his W is useless a lot of the time... :(

Think we might ever get changes like that? D:

Maybe. He's not woefully awful, so he's only going to get nudges. His biggest issue is that he's pretty good early in lane, pretty good mid game, then when it's a teamfight game he just does nothing. He's just weird. People agree that his identity is in his spin and his tankiness. Well, you can't be a tank if people can just ignore you. Look at other pure tanks and you can see the issue: he has no CC to keep the enemy on you. No slow, no stun, no taunt, nothing. A silence, but you can just run. I can't think of another pure tank that doesn't have a single once of controlling CC.

Maybe give his Q a .5 second mini stun. But it's targeted, so where's the counter play?

Garen's just funky. He's still one of my top five top laners, though.

Garen's kit is too simple for competitive play. He's fine for most of solo Q but Riot wants him to be the "beginner" character that anyone can just pick and have a good time, so don't expect him to get reworked.

Korten

Banned
Garen's kit is too simple for competitive play. He's fine for most of solo Q but Riot wants him to be the "beginner" character that anyone can just pick and have a good time, so don't expect him to get reworked.

I will cry a river of tears if Garen never gets reworked. :( My favorite champion.

Ferrio

Banned
You guys should play archeage so you can hear my bitching of thieves stealing my trees. Log on this morning to harvest my tree farm, and 2 other assholes are standing there waiting to harvest my trees. This is out in the middle of nowhere in the out of bounds area of the map. Dammit. Swear no matter where I hide this shit someone finds it, hope they get a long jail sentence.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Does Garen really work in solo?
U5eUBhE.jpg

zkylon

zkylewd
i have a policy of never making it past character creation in mmos

something about the ui bombardment just turns me off pretty quick

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
But you know who is getting reworked? Warwick. And his rework seems to make him better and more fun as "hunter" than is old version. His 2.5 second stun ult will be a death sentence to most squishy champs.

Einbroch

Banned
You absolutely can only pick Garen after you know what the other top laner is and you know you'll be okay. Garen is so easy to counter.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
For me he does...

But If I do get to gold, I probably will be blasted for playing him. (Currently in Silver 2)
If he works for you I would say to just keep playing him and don't worry about it. I like Garen sometimes but I find a lot of the match ups to just be really frustrating. You run into Ryze, Riven, Nidalee, the most popular top laners out there, and the game just feels bad to play, and they all outscale you really hard.
He's fine until Diamond
I checked every division and the win rate is low in all of them.

zkylon

zkylewd
47~49% is not bad.

He's doing better than Yasuo.

that's not saying much tho

then again winrates are not that good of a measure of a champion's strength as it relates to you. you just gotta play what works for you. that's kind of why i stopped playing ziggs, no matter how broken he was i just couldn't play him and had like a 30% winrate which is not really worth it. also ziggs is really boring

pigeon

Banned
You know how sometimes you'll play a game and then afterwards you'll be like "Well, I was Vel'koz mid, and we had Jinx/Sona bot, Mundo top, Yi jungle, and the opponents had this, this, this, this, and...what was that other guy? This, this, this, this, and something. Was it...what the hell was it?"

It's Garen.

Korten

Banned
You know how sometimes you'll play a game and then afterwards you'll be like "Well, I was Vel'koz mid, and we had Jinx/Sona bot, Mundo top, Yi jungle, and the opponents had this, this, this, this, and...what was that other guy? This, this, this, this, and something. Was it...what the hell was it?"

It's Garen.

This makes me sad. :(

drawkcaB

comp.jpg

evil sion is now proper evil and doesn't look like he's out a 90s cartoon anymore sorta

And that's why it sucks now. Hell, there should be a whole skin line called "Saturday Morning". Saturday Morning Rengar can be Lion-O. Mum-Ra would be who, Karthus maybe? Hell, just rename that one Pantheon skin to "Saturday Morning Pantheon" and you have your He-Man covered. Which leads inevitably to Saturday Morning Leona (or even Diana?) dressed as She-Ra.

Saturday Morning Ez as Jem.

Negaduck

Koten stop talking about Garen.

Keep it secret, keep it safe.

(I don't think he needed a buff at all)

I play Garen in gold and idgaf.

Best Garen na.

zkylon

zkylewd
Kha is basically becoming the new Lee in solo Q

I wonder if Riot will ever be satisfied with him.
probably not, much like lee sin and elise they're assassin-y versions of the irelia problem, the shit ton of damage, utility, mobility, waveclear and other stuff bundled in their kits is just too hard to proper balance against the more grounded competition like nautilus or whatever

tho maybe in s5 with like fighter/bruiser/jungle changes the generalist thing about the god tier junglers will end up hurting them, who knows

i feel like s5 will be rough for mages cos fighters and tanks are gonna be back in style lol

Those Fiora eyes. <3
<3

Damn. I don't like that Yas nerf
i think they're a pretty reasonable nerfs, the ms nerf brings him to kass-like base ms and the base health nerf gives him assassin-like durability (aka very little)

i feel like at least the health nerf was totally warranted as it fits him as a character to be super frail and compliment it with crazy mobility. the ms nerf also means he'll get his passive less often which again makes him a bit more risky

so more windows of opportunity for his opponents, i'm super for that as his combination of double shields, windwall and insane mobility left you a bit clueless what to do 1v1 against him

i don't think they're being too harsh on him considering how everyone fucking hates yasuo lol

Ferrio

Banned
probably not, much like lee sin and elise they're assassin-y versions of the irelia problem, the shit ton of damage, utility, mobility, waveclear and other stuff bundled in their kits is just too hard to proper balance against the more grounded competition like nautilus or whatever

tho maybe in s5 with like fighter/bruiser/jungle changes the generalist thing about the god tier junglers will end up hurting them, who knows

i feel like s5 will be rough for mages cos fighters and tanks are gonna be back in style lol

<3

Here's hoping.

zkylon

zkylewd
i think idea for them is to do for melees what they did for supports

i'm not 100% happy with how supports ended up in s4 but the trinket changes were overall really positive and i feel like the game's now at the most enjoyable point since i started playing

so yea i think there's reason to be excited for s5 if you're into boring champions

drawkcaB

That MS will barely hit his passive though.

He'll fill his passive like 0.3 seconds later, whoopdeedoo

Doesn't have much to do with his passive. The reduced movement speed will make it easier to put on retaliatory damage after he goes in. Add that to the health nerf and whiffing a heavy engage trade with Yasuo while your opponent doesn't is going to hurt quite a bit more than now.

Ok I am officially stuck in Bronze II, I win 1 of 5 matches because my jungle/mid or ADC want to kill more than he is capable of and got destroyed.

Doesn't have much to do with his passive. The reduced movement speed will make it easier to put on retaliatory damage after he goes in. Add that to the health nerf and whiffing a heavy engage trade with Yasuo while your opponent doesn't is going to hurt quite a bit more than now.
I know, I'm just talking specifically about his passive. His E speed also depends on his movement speed, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom