• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sofo

jjJeUYE.png

http://matchhistory.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/EUW1/1717900574/206655443

This has to be one of my worst recent matches. I didn't feel I did as poorly as I probably will when I watch the replay, but tbh Lucian said it was first time Lucian... I kept telling him to just poke, to not engage. Everytime I roamed he died under tower..

Team had no synergy whatsoever. At one point Warwick flashed through the wall between bush in river... to gank. Because I told him river was warded. Like why would you even do that. He didn't end up ganking too, because surprise surprise Lucian died.

It was a really frustrating game. I'm glad they blamed it on me (I think) "you need to protect the carries". OK, I used Targon's, now can we please have a frontline?

Also at one point Vi ulted someone, and she was completely zoned from the rest of the team, what did Azir do? Push her away, giving time enough for the rest of their team to follow up on the engage. She managed to survive too.

Ugh.

Bacon

Last night I was doing teambuilder as Lucian to try and improve my ADC skills. I had a Nocurne Jungler who came to gank for us and we got both their adc and support low so me and nami backed off while Nocturne "disrespected" in front of their adc and support as they were trying to back at their tower. He proceeded to die and then flame me and my support the rest of the game.

Fun times.

Sofo

Last night I was doing teambuilder as Lucian to try and improve my ADC skills. I had a Nocurne Jungler who came to gank for us and we got both their adc and support low so me and nami backed off while Nocturne "disrespected" in front of their adc and support as they were trying to back at their tower. He proceeded to die and then flame me and my support the rest of the game.

Fun times.

That's hilarious lol. If I was the enemy support or ADC I would have enjoyed so much getting him killed!

Did another Team Builder game after the one I just posted and we won. It felt good because my Tristana was like level 25 versus a Plat 1 Vayne. I told her to play safe and just go on safe trades and she did! Leblanc (Silver 1) mid got fed on her Twisted Fate and our Yi jungle kept getting fed as well. Our Azir top wasn't doing too hot but you know, it's Azir on free week.

wmsWoDO.png

Basically the only threat in their team was Vayne and as long as I had a pink ward with me she was np. Problem is both Tristana and Yi tried to 1v1 her numerous times so she got a bit fed from it.

Was really glad to have this team though, everyone was super cooperative and listened (even though I had to keep asking to take focus mid but whatever). To be honest, most pre-30 players are such a pleasure to play with. So strange that the matchmaking grouped us like this though.

This level 25 Tristana was way better than the Gold Lucian I had on the previous match, too. (And actually took lantern when needed)

fucking broken champ

comes jetting at your ass at 10000 movement speed and locks you for 5 years

built in fidd ult with 0 cooldown and nigh unkillable

needs rework along with riven tristana etc

:deadnames?

Riot needs to make significant changes to Rammus/Fiddle/Amumu/Warwick.

We know there's a WW rework in the works and has been for a while

I think DanielZKlein shared the kit not too long ago too. Guess that'll be the next major visual + kit rework out.

Ferga

Rammus is THE most boring champion to play for me.

There are no mechanics involved in his kit and it takes no skill to play him. No matter how you build him, he still plays the same.

Standard tank? Powerball, taunt, W, ult, auto
Full armour? Power, taunt, W, ult, auto
Full ap? Power, taunt, W, ult, auto (DFG????)

You can play him for 2000 games and you'll still play the same as a guy who played him for 5 games.

Newt

Rammus is THE most boring champion to play for me.

There are no mechanics involved in his kit and it takes no skill to play him. No matter how you build him, he still plays the same.

Standard tank? Powerball, taunt, W, ult, auto
Full armour? Power, taunt, W, ult, auto
Full ap? Power, taunt, W, ult, auto (DFG????)

You can play him for 2000 games and you'll still play the same as a guy who played him for 5 games.
Then it should be no surprise to you why he has a high a winrate. He's the Trist of tank junglers.

Ferga

I can't think of another champ which is as repetitive and locked down as rammus

Every other champ has clear strengths and weaknesses which can be mastered. No matter how subtle they are, you can usually tell when a person has a hefty amount of games on a champ.

Even ryze has different combos of mutton mashing to optimise his ult in team fights.
E-Q-W-Q for AOE in a clump of enemies or
Q-E-W-Q to use his passive to deal as much single target damage as possible to a carry

Rammus is just kind of; HERE I AM!.. DOING THINGS in one specific routine that never changes no matter the circumstance!

zkylon

zkylewd

oh i gotta see this

shushei <3

What are some good kpop songs?

i dunno about good but i like most girls generation and hyuna stuff and this is like my favorite song lol

i like the ones that have catchy non-words i can sing along to lol

also i know my music playlist is super weird

Riot needs to make significant changes to Rammus/Fiddle/Amumu/Warwick.
what about heimer tho

Ocho

It's entertaining to see almost all my diamond 2-3 friends drop to diamond 5 in the last fortnight.

Only two out of 14 of them has stayed in their tier or haven't demoted to diamond 5 yet. One of them is siegX

Diamond 5 for life.

drawkcaB

Also at one point Vi ulted someone, and she was completely zoned from the rest of the team, what did Azir do? Push her away, giving time enough for the rest of their team to follow up on the engage. She managed to survive too.

Ugh.

I've been noticing a pattern when I have an Azir in my match. All them have have been doing decently well during the laning phase, but each and every single one has misused the ult at least once during the match. Yesterday I had an Azir on the other team who pushed us back three times after our team made a questionable engage and the teamfight became a draw because that let us back-off and regroup.

zkylon said:
what about heimer tho

Heimer is just overtuned, the kit isn't inherently unhealthy as is the case for the others mentioned.

zkylon

zkylewd
Heimer is just overtuned, the kit isn't inherently unhealthy as is the case for the others mentioned.
you think amumu's kit is unhealthy?

I've been noticing a pattern when I have an Azir in my match. All them have have been doing decently well during the laning phase, but each and every single one has misused the ult at least once during the match. Yesterday I had an Azir on the other team who pushed us back three times after our team made a questionable engage and the teamfight became a draw because that let us back-off and regroup.
i dunno if you played him but i find it's harder to just miss your ult altogether than cast it at the wrong time

you kinda have to think it as an inverse flay or something cos i think it hits ppl right on top of him too but it's also about the same range. it's happened to me that i wanted to cast if for the damage but had the other guy flash out of range or just miscalculated, it's pretty weird

two scenarios where i've used it and felt like i did it right was once where i insec'd a draven into a turret i made (that shit felt so dope lol) and one time a nasus was tp'ing into a ward behind dragon pit and i placed my wall right between the ward and my team so the guy got butchered by our kog and my damage while being unable to do anything

but yea it's generally an easy ult to whiff

i know i've missed more than one per game at least

pigeon

Banned
I am sad when my team flames me for letting Nasus farm when we actually killed him in team fights every time because he built Last Whisper. We had a fine kiting comp and we were generally winning fights. But we never grouped to take objectives and the other team did. When you don't take objectives and the other team does take objectives, you will probably lose, because the object of the game is to take objectives (hence the name).

Jeff-DSA

I am sad when my team flames me for letting Nasus farm when we actually killed him in team fights every time because he built Last Whisper. We had a fine kiting comp and we were generally winning fights. But we never grouped to take objectives and the other team did. When you don't take objectives and the other team does take objectives, you will probably lose, because the object of the game is to take objectives (hence the name).

Objectives don't bring in the groupies, high KDAs do. Come on man, we're doing this for glory.

Sofo

Yeah! Like, I am not expecting some Azir-insec shit, but there's absolutely no need to use it all the time. It's pretty egregious when it allows someone to escape. Like oh wait, Vayne is out of position? Instead of letting me hook how about we send her back a bit to safety? ._.

I guess because that's their "oshit" button and instead of fixing their position (first Azir kept on doing the W > Q > E combo and getting in the middle of team fights) they just press that.

Jeff-DSA

The best Azir ults split a team in a team fight and you can 5v3 then 5v2 (if they're not smart enough to just run away). I saw an Azir push a team out of Janna's heal, which was pretty nice.

zkylon

zkylewd
i think he's just new so you can't really expect ppl to be pros at him

i feel like his best ults, tho, are the less exciting ones

just blocking off a path or peeling for adc, nothing too fancy

same for e, going for the knockup in my experience is not worth it 9/10 times

tho i've been building him glass cannon so that might be it. i just hate roa rush

drawkcaB

you think amumu's kit is unhealthy?

Not really. I just didn't feel like writing out champion names so I just said "the others blah blah blah". Toning down Amumu compared to the other three is pretty simple. The kit has a bit too much power relative to how easy it is to land everything, particularly his ult.

Doing something like removing the AA stop on his ult and replace with a strong attack speed reduction for the duration would go a long way. Early jungle is a bit too safe considering how easily he hits his stride.

If I'm being honest with you I'm not 100% convinced Rammus/Warwick/Fiddlesticks full reworks are absolutely necessary. I'm more interested in seeing those champions being more enjoyable to play (e.g. proposed Warwick rework). I think doing things like reevaluating Cleanse, QSS and its upgrade line, and minor changes to champ abilities (e.g. Fiddle only silences the first target hit) would go a long way.

i dunno if you played him but i find it's harder to just miss your ult altogether than cast it at the wrong time

you kinda have to think it as an inverse flay or something cos i think it hits ppl right on top of him too but it's also about the same range. it's happened to me that i wanted to cast if for the damage but had the other guy flash out of range or just miscalculated, it's pretty weird

two scenarios where i've used it and felt like i did it right was once where i insec'd a draven into a turret i made (that shit felt so dope lol) and one time a nasus was tp'ing into a ward behind dragon pit and i placed my wall right between the ward and my team so the guy got butchered by our kog and my damage while being unable to do anything

but yea it's generally an easy ult to whiff

i know i've missed more than one per game at least

No, haven't played him yet in an actual game. I've seen way too many bugs in my customs to bother with him just yet (and having no time to invest in a pretty difficult champ doesn't help). It reminds of Janna ult personally, with the exception that Azir players are more likely to fuck it up because they see it as another damage spell in the rotation whereas a Janna, as a support, gets to take things in during the fight and use it properly...in theory.

I imagine one thing that will distinguish "the good Azir's from the great Azir's" is proper ult usage. Things like pushing the back line away against a dive comp. etc. Everyone seem hot to pull an Insec with the knock-back but that's really a marginal use of the ability.

What I keep seeing over an over again is W->Q->E->Ult, except the Azir's tend to forget that the knock-up on E occurs at the first target hit, which I generally the tank, so he ends up pushing the entire enemy team away, which might be good, might be bad, but generally not intentional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom