• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
I liked that! I sure love me those wombo combos. I still feel Braum was a bit too slow and could have caught Blitz with ult (maybe?) but it didn't matter in the end! GJ!

i think this was the best wombo combo i've ever gotten. it's a bit layered but that's actually kind o fbetter

That sounds like a nightmare to program
depends on how projectiles are originally programmed

i thinking that with the windwall work they did it shouldn't be that difficult

So wait.. why did they nerf Cassiopeia?
too oppressive in lane, wasn't doing so hot in yolo q + competitive

rework is meant to update to a point she should be balanceable by rito's current standards

she'll get gradually buffed until she's in a right spot

I have arrived, Gold V. Time to not play ranked again until after the season ends. Just call me Normal Jeff.

congrats baby

some people don't give a shit

you can be 5k gold ahead at 20 minutes but because some shithead on your team lost his lane while everyone else won theirs all he wants to do is surrender for some dumb reason
this is very sadly true

ppl have this I MUST CARRY thing ingrained in their minds thanks to all the trick2g and nighblue and whatnot nonsense and now if you lose the lane it doesn't matter cos your whole team's full of retards that are gonna throw anyways

instead of, u know, looking at the scoreboard, seeing how everyone but you played well and maybe you should assist the ppl that are actually carrying you

zkylon

zkylewd
So why is Blitz seeing such a surge in popularity?

just a theory but maybe rise of mages top and assassins mid and generally squishy junglers being played means there are no wrong targets to grab?

like early on the season you could grab like mundo and be like fml

ed: not like grabbing ryze is much better than grabbing shyvanna or jax but you know. also i don't know how low blitz' playrates were before. maybe he was always half popular, and now that they nerfed the big ones he just showed up a bit. also the ahq support has played blitz a lot during worlds so maybe that too

Sofo

Well, almost everything is squishy, and also that basically the only thing you have to do is to land hook(s) and then the next fight should be 4v5. Qtpie said so in the stream and explained that Blitz would most likely keep on being relevant (at least in SoloQ) for a while.

I still think other supports are better, but Blitz is a really safe bet if you actually can land hooks. I honestly don't have 90+% accuracy so I have to rely on other parts of the kit of my supports. (Watching a replay of a game I had yesterday I felt like Xpecial missing everything on Thresh. So bad.)

i think this was the best wombo combo i've ever gotten. it's a bit layered but that's actually kind o fbetter

I must admit I'm a stoka-chan and I saw that vid last time when you linked another one. o_o Same with most GAF vids! I am such a lurker... *fixes inexistent glasses*

I have arrived, Gold V. Time to not play ranked again until after the season ends. Just call me Normal Jeff.

Woo! That's so cool! Grats!! You should show the screen of the game that won you Gold though, and tell us a bit ;c I am always here for a good and epic story!

zkylon

zkylewd
IHB8cq5.jpg

lol

Jeff-DSA

I think with the ADC item evolution we've had that it's super important to win lane early and get that IE first, or if you're playing Kog/Trist to get over your mid-game lull first, that one of Blitz's hook/flash to tower combos can really go a long way towards deciding things. Plus, he definitely has the best hook in the game as it's always followed with a stun and big damage.

I don't worry about going up against him, but I do worry when he's on bottom and I'm not down there. Far too often he gets his ADC an easy kill or two early and it just snowballs.

Sofo

Problem with Blitz is that it's more of a psychological warfare. People are terrified by it and allow it to bully them. You have to make Blitz prove to you that you should be scared.

I have a friend that tends to play ADC and Support mostly, Gold V, and whenever we are against a Blitzcrank it's like he just can't, and ends up cowering in the back. I'm talking about normals here, no matter how bad the Blitzcrank is. We had a bit of an argument last time we played together because he insisted I was playing too aggressively, when in fact, I was just poking when my E passive (Thresh) was up, and punishing Blitz everytime he got close or he missed a hook. Yet he kept getting caught by hooks several times (as Ezreal) and blaming me.

We ended up losing lane and match but tbh, even if I did mistakes, I am fairly sure the match was lost from the start by his attitude towards Blitz.

Problem with Blitz is that it's more of a psychological warfare. People are terrified by it and allow it to bully them. You have to make Blitz prove to you that you should be scared.

I have a friend that tends to play ADC and Support mostly, Gold V, and whenever we are against a Blitzcrank it's like he just can't, and ends up cowering in the back. I'm talking about normals here, no matter how bad the Blitzcrank is. We had a bit of an argument last time we played together because he insisted I was playing too aggressively, when in fact, I was just poking when my E passive (Thresh) was up, and punishing Blitz everytime he got close or he missed a hook. Yet he kept getting caught by hooks several times (as Ezreal) and blaming me.

We ended up losing lane and match but tbh, even if I did mistakes, I am fairly sure the match was lost from the start by his attitude towards Blitz.
How the fuck does a Gold Ez get caught by hooks lol

Sofo

I saw the receipts, and the claims made that higher ELO players know how to deal with Blitzcrank was not verified.

Well I wouldn't call Gold V "high ELO", but then again, I'm still unranked lol. Anyway, it's completely psychological in his case, as it used to be mine, too. He groaned and was like "Blitzcrank..." on TeamSpeak, so by then it was kinda GG.

I tried today Sivir and god, it sure is satisfying to use E lol. I can understand why Newt likes playing her, considering the CC of most supports is their way into engages.

zkylon

zkylewd
i never understood sfw as a concept in general

like back when i worked at a company if i would get fired all the same if i was watching risky stuff or pictures of rain forests and mountains

let it be said that i care for you ppl keeping your jobs and edited my post even tho i don't think it was too bad

Blitz against immobile ADC's I can understand. But against Trist she just jumps away every time. I laned with a Blitz against a Trist and despite him landing so many hooks we couldn't follow up because of the jump.

It's also funny seeing Ezrael E away from a Blitz hook and seeing the hook stick to him.

Jeff-DSA

Well I wouldn't call Gold V "high ELO", but then again, I'm still unranked lol. Anyway, it's completely psychological in his case, as it used to be mine, too. He groaned and was like "Blitzcrank..." on TeamSpeak, so by then it was kinda GG.

I tried today Sivir and god, it sure is satisfying to use E lol. I can understand why Newt likes playing her, considering the CC of most supports is their way into engages.

Blitz is still successful at high elos. I'm not talking about my own experience.

zkylon

zkylewd
sometimes you just have really bad games against blitz like you can't for the life of you avoid the damned hook

it's happened to me once with koggy and i never played koggy again

damn bug is too fat

Can you not do the mystery skins for yourself anymore?

Got some at the weekend but can't get them anymore.
generally mystery skin self-gifting is time limited

i dunno when this one ended but i guess so

nbraun80

I liked that! I sure love me those wombo combos. I still feel Braum was a bit too slow and could have caught Blitz with ult (maybe?) but it didn't matter in the end! GJ!

ha thanks, and yeah he's a bit new, and slow. ha

also on the blitz thing, I think the resurgence of janna, and squishier supps, sona, soraka, nami, have a lot to do with him seeing more play. And like someone else said, half of using him is W'ing in the brush and making the flee from the threat.

Jeff-DSA

I forgot to screenshot my Gold V congrats screen, but here's the story.

I got sick of losing with champs I liked, so I started spam picking Lucian whenever I could. In Silver 1 alone, I've gone 13-2 with him. He's a monster. When I couldn't get Lucian/ADC, I would try a carry jungler or one of my old standby favorites (Katarina, Fiora, Miss Fortune).

Eventually spamming Lucian and Pantheon got me to my promo series. Won the first two, and then ran into a rough third match. Lost that one, and made it to game 4. Due to how picks/bans worked out, I ended up with Fizz in the mid (can't take Katarina into Annie), but I wasn't super happy about the match up. I did fairly well in laning, and came out pretty strong, but I was always the person who they would focus on immediately in every fight.

In the bot lane our Jinx got ahead, which took a lot of pressure of me, and we built a good lead. The gold gap got huge, but they were simply better at team fights and we were trading evenly, or sometimes losing because our Blitz was determined to throw fights. He freakin' grabbed Tibbers into us at one point. Other than that, he just refused to back when low, and often times got picked off after the disengage.

We got aced late, and it looked real bad, but they couldn't quite finish us off. On the next big fight, I got my ult down, and Kha'Zix and Warwick did some nice work cleaning up and chasing down those who ran away. The game ended with me watching my death timer count down, but we aced them in the team fight and I knew I had made promos.

I was terrified that the series would go to game 5. I hate when promos get there and a lot of it comes down to luck whether or not you get an AFK/DC teammate or just someone generally toxic.

Oh yeah, it's crazy how good Annie can be when evening the playing field in team fights when her team is behind. If you're out of position for even a second, it's bad, bad news.

Jeff-DSA

mobis are ok

sunfire on support is terrible

That's when you know they're trying to be a carry support. I hate that crap so much. All it does is put your ADC behind and out of position a lot.

But yeah, mobi boots are good. I like them on Nami and Janna.

mobis are ok

sunfire on support is terrible

i think mobis on the top kayle is mroe troubling tho
no, it's not mobi boots themselves. im fine with that.

but if u use sunfire with mobi boots, u cancel out mobi boots passive, which is why it becomes a retarded buy.

Negaduck

Maybe I'm alone and probably mentioned this before but I hate all the extra indicators they keep adding to the game for every single skill. I understand wanting people to know the place a skill affects but you start to understand that after using a skill a couple times its not that hard.

The anivia thing is the part that bugs me a bit. I don't mind when its for an aoe on the ground as particle effects can make the area that you get hit sometimes hard to see but when they first added it to gragas' barrel was when it started to bug me.

Might as well just turn on debug mode and show all the hitboxes at this point

/rant.

Edit: one sunfire is never enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom