• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I'm alone and probably mentioned this before but I hate all the extra indicators they keep adding to the game for every single skill. I understand wanting people to know the place a skill affects but you start to understand that after using a skill a couple times its not that hard.

The anivia thing is the part that bugs me a bit. I don't mind when its for an aoe on the ground as particle effects can make the area that you get hit sometimes hard to see but when they first added it to gragas' barrel was when it started to bug me.

Might as well just turn on debug mode and show all the hitboxes at this point

/rant.
The indicator isn't meant for the person using it, it's meant for the person trying to dodge. Would you rather they nerfed the hitbox of said skills so they would match the visuals like Nidalee's Q?

Getting hit by invisible things isn't skillfull. It's just dumb.

Negaduck

The indicator isn't meant for the person using it, it's meant for the person trying to dodge. Would you rather they nerfed the hitbox of said skills so they would match the visuals like Nidalee's Q?

Getting hit by invisible things isn't skillfull. It's just dumb.

It doesn't take much to not get hit by stuff. Just a little common sense. Gragas' throws a barrel? Don't stand near it. Fighting nidalee/thresh/blitz? Make sure something is between you and them and if not predict where they are going to throw and dodge accordingly.

To me the aoe indicators are fine but stuff like the barrel don't need to show what area they are affecting. Good particle affects should be all the indication you need (imo of course)

It doesn't take much to not get hit by stuff. Just a little common sense. Gragas' throws a barrel? Don't stand near it. Fighting nidalee/thresh/blitz? Make sure something is between you and them and if not predict where they are going to throw and dodge accordingly.

To me the aoe indicators are fine but stuff like the barrel don't need to show what area they are affecting. Good particle affects should be all the indication you need (imo of course)
But that's my point, only skills with shitty particles that are getting these indicators. Gragas Barrel has a horrible particle that only lasts a split second, before the change it was very easy to think you were safe only to take damage anyways. "Don't stand near it" is an obvious answer but knowing how close you can stand near it is a big deal, specially if you're melee.

Skills being visually clear from particles or indicators allows them to be more powerful balance wise because if you got hit that's your fault and not because you were one pixel too close to the invisible AoE.

zkylon

zkylewd

the problem with this is that the particle effects only show up after the thing exploded

so you either end up with a giant barrel or you can't know the explosion size at all like before

i'll concede it can be a bit too much information but it's necessary for things that have different projectile and explosion sizes

Blizzard

Banned
Sivir negating Blitzcrank grab with shield sounds like a good idea in theory, but it seems like it would require good ping and good reaction times, neither of which I have, haha.

Mothman91

Sivir negating Blitzcrank grab with shield sounds like a good idea in theory, but it seems like it would require good ping and good reaction times, neither of which I have, haha.
What's "good ping"? I play on around ~100.
Reaction times are definitely a must, but once you play her enough, it's second nature.

Bacon

Granted he's just playing with randoms, but Sion rework looks great in the jungle. Nightblue3 is playing it right now.

Nightblue can make anyone look good in the jungle. He played the Soraka rework in the jungle and came out ahead in KDA. Although Sion does indeed look like he will be a good jungler.

Did they ever fix Nunu's ult being invisible if he's in the brush and you're not?

subtles

Question for anyone who has been playing in S3;

Why was Blue build (Ezreal/Jayce specifically) nerfed? T_T

(I find it interesting that it's still built quite a bit on the Korean Solo Q)

zkylon

zkylewd
Did they ever fix Nunu's ult being invisible if he's in the brush and you're not?

(talking about new sion's q)
"Currently it will act in the same way as Nunu's ult. If the enemy can't see Sion they wont see the Q charge. Brushes OP"

Question for anyone who has been playing in S3;

Why was Blue build (Ezreal/Jayce specifically) nerfed? T_T

(I find it interesting that it's still built quite a bit on the Korean Solo Q)
cos it was just an annoying build that it was like s4 nidalee thing of 9 ppl being miserable while only one's having fun

i still see it from time to time and it may be a good idea if you have tons of damage coming from other lanes and your team lacks cc/disengage/kite but generally i think it's pretty shit since it's very low damage

drawkcaB

Nightblue can make anyone look good in the jungle. He played the Soraka rework in the jungle and came out ahead in KDA. Although Sion does indeed look like he will be a good jungler.

Sion jungle will be legit, guaranteed. He looks frankly amazing. I had concerns about his Q particularly in team fights, but when it's cancelled it goes on a super low CD anyways.

SotEL, Bruta into tank. Could even go SotAG first, but...meh.

Most interesting aspect is gank initiation. His lane ganks barrelling down the lane are hilarious to watch. If the laner can land a strong, well times CC, it's a kill.

Bacon

Sion jungle will be legit, guaranteed. He looks frankly amazing. I had concerns about his Q particularly in team fights, but when it's cancelled it goes on a super low CD anyways.

Oh I agree, I didn't mean to make it seem like I thought he would be a bad jungler. I was more making a comment on Nightblue's abilities.

Blue Ez, played correctly, was essentially invincible against most melee champions and could chase anyone for days. He's still strong if you can get 10-14k gold, but because his straight dps is low and his laning is even weaker than usual that rarely happens (unless you're a Korean AD carry, I guess).

Jayce was a bit different. With post-buff Tear Jayce was becoming an unstoppable monster 10-15 minutes into games thanks to the combination of relentless poke (no mana gate with stacked Tear) and Manamune's extreme all-in power on him which made him oppressive and snowbally. He's still pretty good with the same style of play - he's a strong laner even when building Tear - but he comes online later in the game.

sunfire is terrible

Uh there's nothing to fix, that's how it's suppose to work.
Riot mentioned that they viewed Nunu's ult not being visible when in a bush as a bug many months ago. Then they presumably had a meeting or whatever to decide when they'd get around to "fixing" this "problem" and then just laughed at the miserable state he's currently in, postponing yet another swift kick to the balls he's bound to get since they don't like Nunu.

zkylon

zkylewd

wouldn't ancient golem be super good with his stacking hp passive?

Most interesting aspect is gank initiation. His lane ganks barrelling down the lane are hilarious to watch. If the laner can land a strong, well times CC, it's a kill.
i was just thinking yesterday that new sion's ideal gank setup laner would be old sion lol

Riot mentioned that they viewed Nunu's ult not being visible when in a bush as a bug many months ago. Then they presumably had a meeting or whatever to decide when they'd get around to "fixing" this "problem" and then just laughed at the miserable state he's currently in, postponing yet another swift kick to the balls he's bound to get since they don't like Nunu.
it's not uncommon in game development that a bugged interaction is more interested than the intended interaction so it's left in

stealth nunu ults are fun gameplay for everyone, so it's not a problem

Hi LeagueGAF, I am back from my self-imposed vacation because of the champ rotation this week, so thought I would ask a few questions:

* I plan on using this week to get a lot of playtime in with Thresh and Leona, but I have never played with either. Any tips? Build help is also acceptable beyond "Get Sightstone and Targon's Brace" because that is already my plan for both. These two will be my next two support purchases, so I am hoping to get comfy with them both to go with Braum and Morgan in my support pool.

* I am also giving Tristana another look while I save up my IP for Lucian and Caitlyn (yep, mostly for ranked). I have played a few games with her, so I am familiar with her basics and I am using the same item builds for her I do with Ashe and Jinx. Anything I ought to be careful about when laning with her?

Bacon

Hi LeagueGAF, I am back from my self-imposed vacation because of the champ rotation this week, so thought I would ask a few questions:

* I plan on using this week to get a lot of playtime in with Thresh and Leona, but I have never played with either. Any tips? Build help is also acceptable beyond "Get Sightstone and Targon's Brace" because that is already my plan for both. These two will be my next two support purchases, so I am hoping to get comfy with them both to go with Braum and Morgan in my support pool.

* I am also giving Tristana another look while I save up my IP for Lucian and Caitlyn (yep, mostly for ranked). I have played a few games with her, so I am familiar with her basics and I am using the same item builds for her I do with Ashe and Jinx. Anything I ought to be careful about when laning with her?

I'm not sure I would go targon's brace with Thresh, although a more experienced thresh player may correct me on that. Mikaels is an important item on most supports. I usually go Locket too.

brian!

targons is good, you have to actually last hit though
standard support atm is
sightstone/red trink -> upgrade money item situationally -> mobi boots (depending, but usually) -> michaels

pigeon

Banned

Thresh is great because he's a generalist -- he has a hook, a zoning tool which improves his hook, an AoE knock that also passively buffs his autoattack trades, and a shield that's also a mobility tool. He even has hyperscaling in his kit! So the most difficult part about Thresh is probably just remembering all your pieces and how they fit together. Definitely don't forget that your first autoattack after a period of time does a lot of extra damage, and remember that you control the direction people get Flayed in.

Targon's is the conventional support item for Thresh, but you have to be able to last hit enemies for realsies, because you don't get the free execute with your ranged autoattacks.

Leona is an all-in support. She has no power to ranged trade, so her strategy to prevent harass is just to hook in and force hard trades. It is a difficult playstyle! There are some ADCs that are better at dealing with this than others. You should angle for the level 2-3 kill and the level 6 kill.

With Trist I really recommend going SS->IE->LW->something, usually BT. As a general rule, just never jump in unless you are 100% sure you'll get the reset or you'd die running away anyway. Skill order is E-W-Q-E-E-R then max Q, then E.

Coin is decent on Thresh if you need the speed boost of Talisman but I don't think he really has mana problems. Targon's is probably better.

For Leona, get Targon's. Sightstone and Locket are good on her as are armour items like FH and Randuin's. She doesn't really need the mana from Crucible but its active is helpful for your ADC.

Start Q, then E, then max R>W>Q>E. Your level 1 is weak but your level 2 is good. Use W when you E, not before (otherwise you're telegraphing the E). Your ult is excellent initiation but it has a cast time. You have no escape so if you're all-in you're all-in. Q is an AA reset so you could technically kill a placed ward if you're fast. You can also Q towers.

She works best in an aggressive lane since she can't sustain/shield the ADC. If your ADC is jumped on, go in on their ADC.

brian!

you dont need locket unless you are grouping against multiple ap comps
like if you get it before a dragon fight against said comp it's great
if you get it for lane sham on u

brian!

and you should probably get some ad on trist before going for statikk unless ur team can manage u just farming for a while (they cant)

Newt

Shyvana_Splash_5.jpg

zkylon

zkylewd

on threshie i prefer to start dorans shield, pots and get coin later on. i don't like targon last hitting with him or just wasting my e charge just to get the last hit. it's just not ezpz like with leona or braum or smthing

overall not much tips for thresh, he just takes practice as all his spells have some "operational nuisance" to em but he's not really that hard to learn

i generally go for e at lvl 1 so i can trade better and then depending on the game i'll max e>q>w or q>e>w. sometimes i do like e>w>q but it's less common. flay in general is your strongest spell so like try to hit as many ppl as possible and don't forget to get autos off. also to hook ppl try flaying them first so they're slowed and then just hooking them right in the face so you can stun em for a lil bit. or like hook, ult and flay em into ult. flay is the best <3

i play him with 9 ad reds, 3 armor quints, 4 hp yellows, 5 armor yellows, and 9 mr blues and generally 0/9/21 or 0/16/14.

like with most supports i like to rush mobi boots, a couple greens, a pink and just go ward shit and try to gank mid while my adc gets 2v1 killed but u know ymmv. generally focus on defenses and cdr for your build, so things like locket, randuins, banshees, etc. are ideal. try and get a mikaels almost every game simply cos that item is godly

---

leona is pretty similar but even more defense oriented. there's not much to her, she's pretty easy. just like blow your ult every chance you get as it's really low cd and try and wait a bit in between spell casts so you let your allies proc your passive.

i think i have a runepage with like armor reds for her and i'm generally 0/16/14. pretty much same build as threshie

zkylon

zkylewd
8ariarf.jpg

lol

also i like how koggy just ate helmet bro

also i appreciate everything about shyvanna except maybe that her face looks like the blonde rapist brother dude from game of thrones

Ferrio

Banned
That's not much an improvement, he still doesn't look anything like the lee sin in game or in any artwork previously made.

Jeff-DSA

That Tristana nerf is welcome, but it's probably just a bit too far. I want her to be balanced, not awful. And yeah, figures as soon as I start killing it with Lucian (13-2 in ranked) that he would become the next in line to get banned every game. He's still too strong. It's that passive of his.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom