• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff-DSA

These players are much, much better than I am, so I don't want to be too critical, but there's lots of instances where people are burning their CC before dealing with her or just not doing anything. She dies so quickly if you just stun her and focus.

I can barely even process how quickly some of those clips have her doing her skills. That's insane.

zkylon

zkylewd
I see. But what I don't see is why people find her annoying. She's so hard to play effectively. I could see it being annoying to have her on your team, I guess. I'm pretty happy when there's a Katarina on the other side, unless I was hoping to play her. Most people who pick her just go glass cannon hyper aggression and end up with bad KDAs. The really good ones are terrifying, sure, but they're so rare.
i don't think she's hard to play at all. her laning is garbage but much like akali or yasuo shutting them down is really hard since they get lucky once and they're back in

kat and akali specially are also very feast or famine which makes them really poorly designed champions. like compare them to leblanc or ahri or even zed who can actually juke or poke or cc or waveclear and do other stuff than just put down damage.

i mean it's not like lebonk is the most healthy champion or anything but i for sure think she's better than katarina

While this is impressive, this stuff is simply impossible on the NA servers for most people. Those moves can't be pulled at 90+ ms.

don't wanna go all annoying mlp poster dude but i didn't think that was super impressive

like super quick ward hops but like kat is not really that mechanically intensive

like know when to get in and just mash all buttons whenever you get a reset

and knowing when to strike is like a thing you should know with any assassin (or adc and even mages to a degree)

Newt

Like sure, you can pull off crazy moves with that are difficult.

But in terms of just playing her effectively? Definitely one of the easiest champions in the game.

zkylon

zkylewd
playing yesterday was weird

i had like 80-90ms ping which is higher than normal (usually 60ish) but the game felt like playing in na

like ori ball was super slow, it was really weird

i didn't like it

Out with next patch (next week), presumably.
o man i sure hope it's next week

although i dunno if i'm ready for even more lucy

Honestly most champions are not hard if you're well practiced with them, even complex mechanical moves on Lee Sin become second nature if you do them 2000 times. It's one thing to be an incredible jungler when you're playing Hecarim because you've played 100s of games with him and know how strong he is in every situation, know all his item builds and play patterns inside out, but it's entirely another to be incredible on Lee, Amumu, Maokai, Shaco, Elise and Hecarim.

Top laners are the most insane though - the gaps in playstyle between Rumble, Nidalee and Alistar (to give three in-meta examples) are huge. Very few people can play teamfighters, engagers and splitpushers strongly in all situations.

Is there a reason why we're not allowed to dodge promo matches w/o losing the series? I just lost a series because our 1st pick insta locked vayne and said that he/she was going to jungle with her. I picked Wukong to jungle with saying F that and then Vayne said "GG guess i'll support". What I dont get is why nobody on my team offered to support while letting Vayne adc since she picked an adc in the first place.

Out of all the types of matches in League, you would think that Riot would allow us to dodge in promo matches. This crap is just unfair.

"Oh, your team is having champion select issues, people are cussing, and there seems to be no sense of cooperation? And you're 1 win away from promoting? Hahahaha too bad. Enjoy the loss!" - Love, Riot.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Top laners are the most insane though - the gaps in playstyle between Rumble, Nidalee and Alistar (to give three in-meta examples) are huge. Very few people can play teamfighters, engagers and splitpushers strongly in all situations.
Alistar is not in the meta.
Is there a reason why we're not allowed to dodge promo matches w/o losing the series? I just lost a series because our 1st pick insta locked vayne and said that he/she was going to jungle with her. I picked Wukong to jungle with saying F that and then Vayne said "GG guess i'll support". What I dont get is why nobody on my team offered to support while letting Vayne adc since she picked an adc in the first place.

Out of all the types of matches in League, you would think that Riot would allow us to dodge in promo matches. This crap is just unfair.

"Oh, your team is having champion select issues, people are cussing, and there seems to be no sense of cooperation? And you're 1 win away from promoting? Hahahaha too bad. Enjoy the loss!" - Love, Riot.
You should have just let Vayne jungle.

Newt

I dodge promo matches all the time. Who cares about, losses, they don't mean anything. MMR is everything.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
He said that he's never won a match as jungle Vayne before but that he's been practicing. Idk if he was lying or not, but that was a red flag.
Picking a role someone else has called, even if it's a pick where they are goofing off, just sets you up for disaster. Either they'll fight you the whole way through and you have two junglers or you just push them into a role that's even worse.

Honestly most champions are not hard if you're well practiced with them, even complex mechanical moves on Lee Sin become second nature if you do them 2000 times. It's one thing to be an incredible jungler when you're playing Hecarim because you've played 100s of games with him and know how strong he is in every situation, know all his item builds and play patterns inside out, but it's entirely another to be incredible on Lee, Amumu, Maokai, Shaco, Elise and Hecarim.

play support and then u can do all 3 ez.

Holy_Chic

Banned
kat isn't complicated by she does have a high skill cap. its just like zed in that most silver/gold player playing zed suck mechanically and you should probably dodge if theyre on your team. whereas at high elo zed can ruin his lane and the game.

also people saying yi is easy, he is, but theres still a difference between a good yi player and some 1500 guy. like if you watch Cowseps stream; he typically knows when to alpha strike, when to TP in for ganks or push lanes and how to not instantly die in certain fights/skirmishes against good players who at least have an idea of how to properly CC a master yi.

Picking a role someone else has called, even if it's a pick where they are goofing off, just sets you up for disaster. Either they'll fight you the whole way through and you have two junglers or you just push them into a role that's even worse.

I had a game where I was 3rd pick, last pick said "support" but I had priority so I locked in Janna. When it was his turn he picked Blitz despite everyone telling him we already had a support. If someone didn't dodge that wouldn't have turned out well.

I believe he was supposed to go mid so in a pinch I could've taken Janna mid, but still.

zkylon

zkylewd
iI42z3tSnOAaZ.png

speaking of kat, my first "ride to plat october" game featured a kat on the other team

she played tons better than me, even if i counterpicked her and shit but yeah she got a few kills and went crazy overdrive

was pretty rough, didn't play that game well at all :/

not the best way to start tho a win is a win

you don't lose the series, you lose the game

so if you were one win from promotion then yea you're fucked

generally you don't want to dodge on a promotion series unless you feel like it's gonna make you go on tilt

Order of the Lotus Karma is out on EU.

For like, the two people who care.
the in-game preview thingie on the right is pretty cool doe: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/ne...e/order-lotus-karma-unleashes-her-inner-flame

Jeff-DSA

iI42z3tSnOAaZ.png

speaking of kat, my first "ride to plat october" game featured a kat on the other team

she played tons better than me, even if i counterpicked her and shit but yeah she got a few kills and went crazy overdrive

was pretty rough, didn't play that game well at all :/

not the best way to start tho a win is a win

you don't lose the series, you lose the game

so if you were one win from promotion then yea you're fucked

generally you don't want to dodge on a promotion series unless you feel like it's gonna make you go on tilt

the in-game preview thingie on the right is pretty cool doe: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/ne...e/order-lotus-karma-unleashes-her-inner-flame

No DFG on the Katarina? What the...? You simply need to build it on her. She fed just has hard as she ate though.

I like that 3D preview thingy. Nice job, Riot.

Fracas

#fuckonami
What's the best way to counter jungle with Nunu? I've been doing basically a figure 8. One side of mine then the opposite of theirs, followed by either a gank or a repeat.

It's amazing how much the other jungler's afraid of me.

garath

Dodge only counts a single game loss, not an insta-loss for the series. Just an fyi :)

btw, you kind of sound like the bad guy here. The guy was first pick and chose jungle but you picked jungle anyways. Probably should have just picked a real strong laner and tried to carry from there.

brian!

What's the best way to counter jungle with Nunu? I've been doing basically a figure 8. One side of mine then the opposite of theirs, followed by either a gank or a repeat.

It's amazing how much the other jungler's afraid of me.

ward their jungle
nunu r3al terror

Musician

Could someone give me some pointers as to how to play Ahri in teamfights? I just seem to get jumped on/cc'd and killed if I go for the adc. What's my role supposed to be?

Sofo

Idk, I never really played Katarina but the first time I touched her was in an ARAM and I absolutely sucked at her. I think the difficulty with Katarina must be to be able to stealth past and be able to snipe (huehue noscope) targets and get away safely like the Korean challenger montage!

I am always curious though, do people apply Q before going in with R? Like what is the usual combo with Kat, Q > E > W > R?

Btw, got to play a match with my nephew and had lots of fun going full on glass cannon. Was really a lot of fun! I also got a replay recording of clutch holding nexus in ARAM vs Nunu and Amumu and will upload as soon as I can. :) (Was more thanks to Amumu ignoring Nexus when he should have just AA'd it and tried to kill me)

Here's the match with my nephew (he's Zed!). Dat support damage doe

hwIRVQa.png

Fun times!

Try playing her a bit more like a carry than an assassin - focus on overall safe dps instead of all-inning one guy if you aren't sure it's the right thing to do. She is great at hurting tanks thanks to her Q's true damage (check your end game damage - my friend, an Ahri main, used to be amazed at what proportion of his damage to champs was through Q's true damage) and her Charm's debuff. The Charm is also really easy to land on anyone who tries to kill one of your squishies. Use your R for safety as much as dps, and to go back in/chase people when it's clear.

Newt

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-history/NA/32299208

Anything I could have done differently? Or better?

We were doing great up until Kha went afk for 5 mins, and it let the other team get back into the game.

I was dropping the hammer on Garen in lane, but eventually they grouped as a team and our teamfighting was lackluster.
First of all, that Sivir build makes me vomit.

As for advice, you can't be letting the other team get dragons when you're so far ahead. Like at 15 minutes Sona gets a kill on you, and they just take dragon and a tower. I do not understand why that was allowed to happen. Remember it's always worth ditching lane for dragon, and you should come around 25s early to dictate map control around the area.

Edwardo

First of all, that Sivir build makes me vomit.

As for advice, you can't be letting the other team get dragons when you're so far ahead. Like at 15 minutes Sona gets a kill on you, and they just take dragon and a tower. I do not understand why that was allowed to happen. Remember it's always worth ditching lane for dragon, and you should come around 25s early to dictate map control around the area.

Thanks.

Yea when I died to Sona it was because I was coming to gank bot and then take drag, but that was right when Kha went afk. I went in and Draven/Janna bailed. It was bad communication. This led them to take drag then the tower.

I feel like I just have to play smarter.

In hindsight, I should've just runn runnnn runn runnn

zkylon

zkylewd
i feel like the time to get multi-kills got shortened this patch or something

last game i got two unofficial quadras that were pretty much ori ult and clean up and feel like should've been pretty easy

No DFG on the Katarina? What the...? You simply need to build it on her. She fed just has hard as she ate though.
yea she struggled early but she was cleaning up pretty hard and she outplayed me pretty hard. she hurt my pride :(

and yea i agree if she had built dfg she would've prolly melted our team much harder, i dunno why she chose that way.

Could someone give me some pointers as to how to play Ahri in teamfights? I just seem to get jumped on/cc'd and killed if I go for the adc. What's my role supposed to be?
depends on what you built

if you have dfg you should be looking for flanks and cute ways to get to their backline and instagib them. generally you want to carry on you red trinket and a pink so they don't see you coming. unfortunately i lost the recording but there was this play (we were blue side) where i red trinketed the brush on the right of mid lane entrance and then pinked the wraiths brush. they were both clean so i stuck around there and waited until my team was pushed into turret, then my team counterpushed and i managed to get a charm from wraiths into their trist, then just flash in, dfg qwrrrrr and get out. she's an assassin so play her that way. in fact i wouldn't generally suggest to teamfight if you're building dfg ahri as her cooldowns are fairly high and her aoe isn't super good (q is awesome but ult and w are hard to predict). just make tons of picks!

if you went for the athene's build with like cdr boots and rylais or void staff or something just play her like a kite mage like ori or syndra. just kite back while spamming charms and protecting your adc. use ult to reposition if you get caught or to clean up. there's not much to playing ahri like this, i usually don't do it unless i'm against pretty heavy waveclear and i'm know i'm gonna play a more supportive role (kinda like syndra, just spam your "you're dead" cc until it hits someone and your team blows em up)

but yea you wanna be a bit creative with her ult and always try to go from the flanks (never the back since they'll just collapse on you), fuck someone up and gtfo.

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-history/NA/32299208

Anything I could have done differently? Or better?

We were doing great up until Kha went afk for 5 mins, and it let the other team get back into the game.

I was dropping the hammer on Garen in lane, but eventually they grouped as a team and our teamfighting was lackluster.
you want either red or blue trinket lategame and i'm not sure about that randuins but i don't really play jayce. you also bought no pinks which is pretty bad (even one is a big improvement).

i also think if you were gonna run ignite on jayce you prolly should've split pushed more or something, you're below in cs against both mal and draven so i'm guessing you grouped a lot when you prolly should've pressed your ignite+shitting on garen in lane advantage.

tho overall i'd just suggest running tp. much easier to play as a team

Tank Soraka keeping pace on damage dealt. Dangerously close to a full match history of Soraka.
you gotta try my sonaraka lane

Edwardo

you want either red or blue trinket lategame and i'm not sure about that randuins but i don't really play jayce. you also bought no pinks which is pretty bad (even one is a big improvement).

i also think if you were gonna run ignite on jayce you prolly should've split pushed more or something, you're below in cs against both mal and draven so i'm guessing you grouped a lot when you prolly should've pressed your ignite+shitting on garen in lane advantage.

tho overall i'd just suggest running tp. much easier to play as a team

Good points, thanks.

The no pink wards was really bad on my part.

I like ignite more than tp because I can usually get a few kills in lane, and ignite helps out a lot with that. I was strictly running tp for the last couple/few months and recently switched back to ignite. I've just been getting more wins from running ignite with Jayce.

Acutally, out of the toplaners that I play, I think jayce is the only one I run ignite with regularly.

I dont really like my build that game. Lategame, I felt like I wasnt doing enough damage with my q-e. My autos were really good tho.

sleepykyo

Something seem ironic about complaining about a lack of cooperation when you ignored pick order.

He said that he's never won a match as jungle Vayne before but that he's been practicing. Idk if he was lying or not, but that was a red flag.

Why lie about never winning? Therefore assuming he was telling the truth you forced him off an unconventional scenario that was he was familiar with to an unconventional scenario that he had even less experience in.

zkylon

zkylewd
i'm no top laner but i feel like it's fine to run ignite if you can make it work i just think it generally reduces your chances of winning cos splitpushing is hard to pull of in solo queue unless you're like tryndamere or something and it doesn't even matter if your whole team gets murdered

Korten

Banned
Damn, I haven't played Annie in well, a while. I decide to go Annie mid in ranked cause we needed AP. Smart choice- I went 12 and 5 and we won.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom