• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
Wierd that my MMR is so low, I've been winning a lot recently.
i think the system might be suspecting that your ranking is a bit over where you should belong so it's matching you with lower elo ppl and that's why you're earning so little

it's not how many wins you have but the quality of those wins. if you're s1 and you're constantly playing against s3s and s4s it doesn't matter how many times you win, you're not gonna climb too much.

One match from my promos and our kog feeds their lucian who ends up going 24/0/3

Power of rammus couldn't even save that shit.

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1566513962/38876759
don't take credit from the sona!

bokn

Banned
Wierd that my MMR is so low, I've been winning a lot recently.
It depends where you started
MMR cant explode easily
i think the system might be suspecting that your ranking is a bit over where you should belong so it's matching you with lower elo ppl and that's why you're earning so little
bit misleading

the system always (tries) to match you with people of equal elo
you earn little because your current elo is below what the system expects somebody in your division to have

that having said, Korten is gaining the same for wins and losses, so all that means is that the system thinks he belongs in silver 1

ur not gaining little at all

Korten

Banned

it's not how many wins you have but the quality of those wins. if you're s1 and you're constantly playing against s3s and s4s it doesn't matter how many times you win, you're not gonna climb too much.

don't take credit from the sona!

I've been playing with Silvers and Golds (even Gold III's) every game.

zkylon

zkylewd

yea the problem is that those ppl might've had s3/s4 corresponding elo

like since elo and ranking are separate now, you can be silver 1, have silver 3 elo and be facing against gold 3s that also have silver 3 elo

it's kind of confusing but the gist of it is that if you win as much lp as you lose then your ranking is officially considered by rito to be accurate

i dunno what you do to climb at that moment, probably just play games to get better and you'll naturally climb if you get better, that's all i can think of

DeadNames

Banned
Warding the enemy red/blue has warranted me so many kills. Nothing more satisfying than sneaking up on them when they're low HP and stealing a kill and a buff, lol.

pigeon

Banned

When you hit the top of a division, you'll start seeing a lot of people from the bottom of the next division. Part of this is that you're doing well and part of it is that, because Riot doesn't demote you divisions until your MMR drops to the middle of the lower division, people who got to Gold but aren't actually good enough to be gold will clump in Gold 5 for a long time before getting demoted. So those low Golds may not have more MMR than you.

That said, like zky said, getting the same reward for a win and a loss just means your MMR matches your division. Keep winning, get more MMR, and you'll start getting more LP again.

Nekofrog

Banned
ZWt1HR7.png

wat do guys

save up more for an expensive champion of buy one i can afford now

and who

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1566323563/215026839

Daniel-Bryan-Yes-Cheer.gif

Totally needed this to get my confidence back up a bit. Graves bullied us all early but Fizz helped me stay alive enough to get enough gold for my power spike. It also helped that even though we were losing team fights, we had control over both dragon and Baron throughout the entire game.

And then I straight up took over the game. Went from 5-6-4 at about 25 minutes to 18-7-7 at 45 minutes.

darius was pure garbage and that nunu build is pretty silver lol

lol, he was definitely in position a few times to wreck me but I managed to turn the tables a few times on him.

Nunu didn't have the best game but he was making some very good calls on going for dragon and Baron. He and Irelia took the first Baron while the other three of us were defending the Inhib Turret on bottom lane. It really should not have worked and I was about to yell at them to recall and come help, but they got it and we pushed the other team back a bit.

I think from there on, we kind of had momentum swing to our side.

zkylon

zkylewd
i have 20 runepages already

see this is why i don't spend $$$ on champions

you lose the pokemon thing when you have access to all champions

and you're left with dota

see what you did

Maybe on the future revamp.
i wish

actually i was pretty surprised they use key animation instead of doing motion capture, that's actually pretty awesome

and i really hope they add more stuff on tech, would be awesome to have like wavey hair, and fur and hair that actually moves and more distinct materials for texture shaders like they're doing with ori and leona

mostly the fluffiness for ahri's tails tho

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1566323563/215026839

Daniel-Bryan-Yes-Cheer.gif

Totally needed this to get my confidence back up a bit. Graves bullied us all early but Fizz helped me stay alive enough to get enough gold for my power spike. It also helped that even though we were losing team fights, we had control over both dragon and Baron throughout the entire game.

And then I straight up took over the game. Went from 5-6-4 at about 25 minutes to 18-7-7 at 45 minutes.
ppl underrate dragons tremendously

dragons are the best

zkylon

zkylewd
no black outline is next patch

spellvamp is hard to say, like giving more power to like akali and vlad or even morde is not such a good idea, and there aren't many other champions that would benefit from it

like cass and maybe ryze or kennen? i don't even know who could build spellvamp anymore

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
no black outline is next patch

spellvamp is hard to say, like giving more power to like akali and vlad or even morde is not such a good idea, and there aren't many other champions that would benefit from it

like cass and maybe ryze or kennen? i don't even know who could build spellvamp anymore
*gets excited*

Well Riot did say the new spellvamp item was for damage heavy supports like Morgana and Zyra so who knows if it will be broken or really good.

Blizzard

Banned
I got to play Azir for the first time in an ARAM, free week I guess. Some of the stuff seems kind of fun, but it was confusing for me to know exactly how long the range was for stuff.

For example, I put a sand soldier up. If I right click an enemy, Azir doesn't move and the soldier attacks. But, there doesn't seem to be any description, reference, indicator, etc. telling you HOW FAR the soldiers can attack. If you right click someone who's a little too far, Azir moves instead, and you potentially kill yourself.

For another thing, the self-dash confuses me...I think it only works to a soldier, but you seem to go PAST the soldier, so I guess that takes practice.

Lastly, the soldiers can dash really far, but only if they're behind you, but that makes sense if the dash target has to be within a certain distance of Azir.

Mothman91

lmao

got ganked 3 times in a row as cait. lucian is a bit ahead, 1v1 while supports are gone. have pickaxe/cloak of agility. I get a lucky crit, he backs off. thing is, he doesn't know I have all 3 of my traps set up in a row in the lane bush. He sets off all 3, I got my first kill like that.

rest of the team snowballs somehow, we come back after a rough start.

love solo q.

pigeon

Banned
lmao

got ganked 3 times in a row as cait. lucian is a bit ahead, 1v1 while supports are gone. have pickaxe/cloak of agility. I get a lucky crit, he backs off. thing is, he doesn't know I have all 3 of my traps set up in a row in the lane bush. He sets off all 3, I got my first kill like that.

love solo q.

#caitmechanics

nbraun80

I got to play Azir for the first time in an ARAM, free week I guess. Some of the stuff seems kind of fun, but it was confusing for me to know exactly how long the range was for stuff.

For example, I put a sand soldier up. If I right click an enemy, Azir doesn't move and the soldier attacks. But, there doesn't seem to be any description, reference, indicator, etc. telling you HOW FAR the soldiers can attack. If you right click someone who's a little too far, Azir moves instead, and you potentially kill yourself.

For another thing, the self-dash confuses me...I think it only works to a soldier, but you seem to go PAST the soldier, so I guess that takes practice.

Lastly, the soldiers can dash really far, but only if they're behind you, but that makes sense if the dash target has to be within a certain distance of Azir.

fairly certain there's a blue outline circle around your soldier telling you the attack range, maybe it's hard to see on the ARAM map?

lmao

love solo q.

Almost as fun as throwing Chompers behind folks after Thresh hooks them, since their initial reaction is to try and run backwards.

pigeon

Banned
Had a game where one of the players starts off by saying "nobody troll this game please."

Then they decide that their support is trolling, so they give up and start trolling the entire game and berating us because it's our fault for not stopping her support from trolling.

Her support starts coming to teamfights and trying to play, although pretty badly, but she keeps splitpushing as the ADC the entire game.

Shit is unbelievable.

drawkcaB

Well, I had a fun moment today in my Skarner match. Ult'ed an Azir who ult'ed me at the same time, but my cast is instant while his wall has a slight delay. Long story short, Azir went for a helluva ride.

Also, my first match with the updated Skarner. Soooo much better now. Couldn't find any lanes to gank before 6 so I amused myself finding Lee Sin in his jungle and roughing him up a few times. Around level 12 I was covering mid and he came at me with Q. Evidently he didn't play much vs. Skarner because he tried to brawl with me after he engaged. Roughed him up good - again - and he ran away. Rest of the match I just had to look at him and he'd turn around.

Fuck that ward hopping blind bitch.

Jeff-DSA

Well, I had a fun moment today in my Skarner match. Ult'ed an Azir who ult'ed me at the same time, but my cast is instant while his wall has a slight delay. Long story short, Azir went for a helluva ride.

Also, my first match with the updated Skarner. Soooo much better now. Couldn't find any lanes to gank before 6 so I amused myself finding Lee Sin in his jungle and roughing him up a few times. Around level 12 I was covering mid and he came at me with Q. Evidently he didn't play much vs. Skarner because he tried to brawl with me after he engaged. Roughed him up good - again - and he ran away. Rest of the match I just had to look at him and he'd turn around.

Fuck that ward hopping blind bitch.

I use Skarner quite a bit. He's really underrated. His ult is awesome too. You have to get close to pull it off, but dragging someone to your turret or into your team is hilarious.

Gaaraz

Fiora is like Yi but instead of getting to Alpha Strike every 5 seconds you get to do it every 2 minutes.
:) Thank you! I've tried Fiora before and really struggled for some reason, but I'll try using her again if my friend starts using Yi.

You can spectate your friend's game (as long as he's on your friends list) by right clicking his name when he's in a game and clicking "Spectate Game"

If you like Yi, you might like Fiora, Yasuo and Tryndamere.

As for a good new character, Garen is a pretty good choice I think. Also Annie like you suggested and Ashe.
Thanks, that's very useful and surprisingly simple - how have I not seen that feature before! Will try Yasuo, Garen and Trynd too, thanks again!

Sofo

First skin from Leblanc besides classic that doesn't look like a clown!

I am all for the new splash arts/skins, they look so crisp and updated. Love it!

Nekofrog

Banned
he has a really really rough laning phase. there's a reason a lot of pro teams lane swap him

if you can escape laning phase unscathed you can be a terror on the field

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom