• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KanameYuuki

So I saw an Anivia for the first time, he died and transformed and I was like "what the hell is that, wait waaaaaaattt why do you have full health"
I have some money, is he fun? should I buy him?

zkylon

zkylewd
So I saw an Anivia for the first time, he died and transformed and I was like "what the hell is that, wait waaaaaaattt why do you have full health"

she's pretty alright but kind of high skill cap and not very in-style right now

If you have some money you're willing to spend on the game, I'd recommend buying one of the bundles.

The Champions Bundle is the one I got when I started the game. There's a good mix of fun champions in there, including Anivia if you really wanted to try it:

Anivia
Ashe
Blitzcrank
Corki
Dr. Mundo
Gangplank
Heimerdinger
Jax
Karthus
Kassadin
Katarina
Master Yi
Shaco
Singed
Sion
Sivir
Soraka
Taric
Twisted Fate
Twitch

You also get the Huntress Sivir skin.

The bundle is 3410 RP. Buying them all individually would cost you 41400 IP or 12450 RP, so it's worth it.

pigeon

Banned
My biggest problem right now top lane is identifying when I should start teleporting into a fight. I keep coming into a fight after it's over and we've lost, which just doesn't work.

How do you use TP effectively for teamfighting in solo q?

Q8D3vil

My biggest problem right now top lane is identifying when I should start teleporting into a fight. I keep coming into a fight after it's over and we've lost, which just doesn't work.

How do you use TP effectively for teamfighting in solo q?
You cant depend on tp in soloq, just go with ignite.

She was my first champ when I started! I loved her, especially her wave clearing post-6. But yeah...a bit too hard of a champ to start with. Now that I'm a year into the game, and had lots of mid practice as a mage with Vel'koz, I really want to go back and try her again. She has a special place in my heart, but I dropped her after my first week or two to try other champs.

zkylon

zkylewd
i think not going tp in solo queue is terrible advice

almost everyone runs tp, you basically set your team back a whole lot and if you somehow get behind in lane (say, enemy jungler camps you while your jungler is dying to golems) then you're basically losing the game pretty hard for your team

there's no need to force yourself to snowball your lane as a toplaner, just look for the back brush/tri ganks in botlane (coordinate with your team) or try and help when your team's outnumbered

unfortunately you can't know if your team's gonna follow up or not until you try in solo queue, but i'd totally say it's worth it to run tp over ignite.

DeadNames

Banned

almost everyone runs tp, you basically set your team back a whole lot and if you somehow get behind in lane (say, enemy jungler camps you while your jungler is dying to golems) then you're basically losing the game pretty hard for your team

there's no need to force yourself to snowball your lane as a toplaner, just look for the back brush/tri ganks in botlane (coordinate with your team) or try and help when your team's outnumbered

unfortunately you can't know if your team's gonna follow up or not until you try in solo queue, but i'd totally say it's worth it to run tp over ignite.

Ignite helps me get fed on Aatrox and Gnar, who I 2/3v1 with constantly.

I can get REALLY fat.

zkylon

zkylewd
only thing that gets fat when running ignite top is your ego

fat egos being arguably the biggest reason that people is incapable of climbing

:>

pigeon

Banned

Thanks, this is helpful. I've been telling my team that I have TP and will come if they ping, with mixed success. Based on this I think I'm just teleporting way too late. I keep trying to wait for the counter engage TP but that assumes a lot of my team. Also focusing on the bush ganks in bot is a good tip.

I play a lot of Mundo/Nasus/Cho so I don't think Ignite is going to get me much. Also I don't fight like a man because fighting like a man is for saps.

zkylon

zkylewd
i'm not sure about this as it's been mostly about my experience running mid tp lizzy (which works similar to ryze, you punish overextension or you countergank thanks to your targetted cc + damage) but i think it's better to waste your tp than to keep it.

you have to know that if you're running tp you're not planning on winning your lane but breaking even and helping out your team.

in my experience the best uses of that are counterganks so always keep an eye out for overextensions. since you're sacrificing your own lane, you might want to give up a bit of cs in exchange for always paying attention for countergank opportunities

i also feel it's pretty crucial that you try to take the kills (unless you're ahead and you're purposely feeding kills to your adc or something) so you don't get set back too hard. and like if you can try and start dragon then base, buy boots or something and try not to get too far behind. only base if you're 100% the other laner isn't gonna tp to drag tho

i don't play much top lane or use tp too much, so just some ideas

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world

This kind of thinking is really misguided. Like most things in League, it's situational. Sometimes running ignite is the better option.

bokn

Banned
Generally I find that at middle-low elo, most people and most soloq teams do not take the benefit of TP other than to return to lane quicker

There usually not enough wards for great TP positioning making TP pretty weak outside of mid-late game split push scenarios

For me it really just depends if I have a scaling top laner or a laner with kill pressure - whether i should take ignite or not

DeadNames

Banned

Except there's no way I can rely on my often retarded bot lane to do well, so I have to man up and carry myself.

But wait, it's a team game.

But I gotta carry myself

;v

U can run ignite on strong laners like riven but people with shit kill potential early have no business running ignite. Its super retarded using ignite on say a ryze because there's no way in hell he's going to beat most tops early on unless his opponent is super overextended and does something stupid.

How can I snowballing as an ADC? I think I can overcome the enemy adc as early levels but in mid or late cames I dont know what to do and get killed in TFs

Sofo

Isn't also pretty bad to rely on Ignite because when you might run TP you might judge poorly your kill potential?

Idk, I hate the top lane but when I need to play it, I always run it. Just pay attention to map/dragon calls and if enemy botlane overextends. Like if you can assist on a kill or two bot and get Dragon I think that's basically best scenario on using TP.

Worst is you go, nothing happens and your turret takes a lot of damage/is destroyed.

You usually keep Janna in the back to disengage/peel for your ADC. Shield is used defensively and offensively so if you have the mana don't be afraid to use it often.

Yeah problem is I was mostly zoning myself ._. I need to assert dominance!

How can I snowballing as an ADC? I think I can overcome the enemy adc as early levels but in mid or late cames I dont know what to do and get killed in TFs

Are you positioning yourself well in TFs? Are they peeling for you? Also consider the powerspikes of some ADCs compared to yours, like if you get a couple of kills on X champion sometimes it doesn't matter as much as when Y champion gets a couple of kills at a point of the game. I'm sure some ADCs main can explain better though!

There's nothing wrong with running Ignite top, specially after TP got nerfed. Some champions benefit from it more than others, but it's not a bad choice unless you're something like Mundo.

zkylon

zkylewd
This kind of thinking is really misguided. Like most things in League, it's situational. Sometimes running ignite is the better option.
of course everything's situational, we all knows that, i didn't think it needed to be said, so ok, my bad for not saying it, w/e

of course you should always consider taking ignite (or even exhaust or something, who knows)

that being said tp's a much better default choice in that it opens up options for your team because it allows you to make plays all over the map

you can turn ganks around, pressure dragon/baron, splitpush, cover up ally mistakes, recover in lane if you fall behind

SeigO

Banned
This new high diamond ranked clamping is a joke. I went on a 7 game win streak on my D2 smurf to get to 91 lp, getting +9-13 a win, first loss -31 forget about it.

Ferga

This new high diamond ranked clamping is a joke. I went on a 7 game win streak on my D2 smurf to get to 91 lp, getting +9-13 a win, first loss -31 forget about it.

It wasn't just high diamond. Whole of diamond experienced it.

Got demoted from D3 promos to D5 0lp in 6-7losses losing 30-35lp per game

Before the intro of master tier, I was earning 23-5 per win and losing 18 per loss.

SeigO

Banned
It wasn't just high diamond. Whole of diamond experienced it.

Got demoted from D3 promos to D5 0lp in 6-7losses losing 30-35lp per game

Before the intro of master tier, I was earning 23-5 per win and losing 18 per loss.
Weird, like 3 or 4 days ago when my smurf was in D3 I was gaining 20-25 a game and losing 15-18 a game. Since then I've gone on two 7/8 game win streaks and now I gain very little, lose a boat load. I'm baffled by it, my MMR has gone up and my gains suffered.

Korten

Banned
Wow... I won a match, was about to get into Silver I.

Nope.

Game decided that I and a bunch of people, NEVER PLAYED A MATCH, therefore I need to play another match to get into Silver I. :/

Cause you know, the game I just spent 30 min playing never happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom