• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh this is like the play around and experiment stuff right

not what theyre actually planning on doing

a permanent team buff like that could be really hard to actually pull off right

Leezard

New Dragon will make it difficult for teams to turtle inside their base, even more than before with Baron.
oh this is like the play around and experiment stuff right

not what theyre actually planning on doing

a permanent team buff like that could be really hard to actually pull off right

all of the below are rough examples and very subject to change / may not even ship!:

Good stuff.

* Killing the Dragon gives a permanent "Dragon Blooded" buff to your team that stacks with itself and gets stronger/buffs more things. So instead of the power spike from Baron it's a pressure objective that makes you incrementally stronger each time you get it.
* Create more distinction between different tiers of turrets (outer, inner, inhibitor, nexus) so that different strategies are better at taking down different turrets. Split pushing might be great on outer turrets but less good on base turrets.
* And more!
* New item called Radiant Glory that provides an initiation ability for tanks without one. "Focused design" so it won't be a generic "speed boost" item for everybody to build.
* New item called Zz'rot Portal designed for tanks to splitpush. Summons turret-pushing minions.
* Triple the out-of-combat regeneration on Warmog's and reduce its max health, so that it is a more useful item to build for skirmishing and sieging than for generic "lots of health."

I guess I gotta stay away from ranked

drawkcaB

The other team?

I think that's actually the point. They're trying to offer a meaningful choice between Baron and Dragon instead of just "Dragon early, Baron late".

Well, S4 was supposed to change Baron so that it gave improved stats vs. turrets but that ended up not happening. So maybe they'll revisit that idea. Baron gives improved siege/anti-siege power while Dragon gives more PvP power. Just throwing that out there.

I hope Riot throws this on the PBE already just so I can read all the changes while I work.

pigeon

Banned
Well, S4 was supposed to change Baron so that it gave improved stats vs. turrets but that ended up not happening. So maybe they'll revisit that idea. Baron gives improved siege/anti-siege power while Dragon gives more PvP power. Just throwing that out there.

I hope Riot throws this on the PBE already just so I can read all the changes while I work.

They probably can't touch the PBE at all until the patch goes live because it's staging the build.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Nobody asked for out of combat regen on Warmog's. Honestly that will just make people that use it weaker.

They probably can't touch the PBE at all until the patch goes live because it's staging the build.

PBE updates the day/a few hours before the patch goes live.

Should be today when PBE updates.

Although, I said that yesterday.

What would be exciting for me is heavy Trist/Lucian nerfs in addition to essence reaver buffs and IE nerfs.

trist and Lucian both have nerfs coming in the patch that will probably be out tomorrow on Live.

Trist nerfs are pretty big, Lucian nerf will reduce his laning power a lot.

drawkcaB

After some thought, I don't like any of these item changes. Maybe Radiant Dawn, but it being built of a catalyst doesn't fill me up with hope.

Ferrio

Banned
I don't understand the point of the portal one. We've gone down this road with promote, relying on minions to do your shit isn't a good look.

Newt

PBE updates the day/a few hours before the patch goes live.

Should be today when PBE updates.

Although, I said that yesterday.

trist and Lucian both have nerfs coming in the patch that will probably be out tomorrow on Live.

Trist nerfs are pretty big, Lucian nerf will reduce his laning power a lot.
40 mana on E isn't good enough for me.

I was thinking more like this.
VUR2nrD.png

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I don't understand the point of the portal one. We've gone down this road... promote type stuff is just crap.
There are lots of abilities in Heroes of the Storm that spawn minions down lane. If you are consistently grouping for objectives I guess they help to pressure lanes and break standoffs.

Ferrio

Banned
There are lots of abilities in Heroes of the Storm that spawn minions down lane. If you are consistently grouping for objectives I guess they help to pressure lanes and break standoffs.

But that doesn't seem what the item is intended for. Sounds like the minions just do a lot of damage to towers so a tank can actually push a tower down instead of banging on it forever. I doubt they're built to tank waveclear.

Bungie's

Fnatic Janna. Championship Thresh is higher quality, but it's really boring. Boring colors, weird design.

Fnatic Janna looks better.

I bought Championship Thresh and love it! I tend to only buy skins on sale but made an exception for it and never looked back. I don't regret it one bit. :)

I also have the Deep Terror one, which tbh is really inferior in comparison.

I agree as well, more items variet with different passives as well as actives. Not asking for Ohmwrecker but idk, something definitely useful and maybe more tailored to particular champs.
I guess I can buy both skins -_-

Newt

it's a good thing you aren't allowed to balance things.

His E taking more than 10% of his mana pool to use at early levels as opposed to 0 is a pretty huge nerf.
I don't want him to be balanced. I want him to be nerfed to the ground. Champions like Lucian/Graves should never be considered strong picks. They don't effectively trade strength/skill cap.

drawkcaB

I don't understand the point of the portal one. We've gone down this road with promote, relying on minions to do your shit isn't a good look.

The best part, is that once again Riot misses the forest for the trees (pun intended):

There is some amount of space for an item that helps a non-split-pushy champ split push that an innately split-pushy champ wouldn't want. I would imagine that a Tryndamere would opt into just hitting faster and harder, rather than getting little helpers via the Portal. But a Maokai who's going full tanky would be more likely to want some company.

This item, per their own description, is made for tanks to split push. A split pusher needs either excellent escape/mobility and/or very good dueling. This item doesn't change shit for Maokai and friends.

Jeff-DSA

I don't want him to be balanced. I want him to be nerfed to the ground. Champions like Lucian/Graves should never be considered strong picks. They don't effectively trade strength/skill cap.

Something like adding a .2 second channel to Lucian's dash would do wonders. He's bouncing around like an anime character and dealing huge damage in lane to champs and minions with low risk.

I like their idea for dragon. If you want gold advantage, you push towers. If you want to build up your teamfighting strength with bonus stats, you take dragons, plural. This limits the huge spike that tends to occur in most games currently, where, in a roughly even game, if one team can take tower + couple of kills + dragon, they zoom out to a large lead in all respects of the game (even top lane will probably be titled from the gold injection). But it also says to the team that falls behind that they have to continue to contest subsequent dragons or they will fall very far behind (rather than saying, "Hey, we're behind, but we got Ziggs and Tristana, let's just farm till 40 mins and give up everything except Baron and our base towers."

The best part, is that once again Riot misses the forest for the trees (pun intended):

This item, per their own description, is made for tanks to split push. A split pusher needs either excellent escape/mobility and/or very good dueling. This item doesn't change shit for Maokai and friends.

Maokai is a pretty bad example, but champions like Shen, Shyvana, Zac and Mundo have escapability (with speedboosts, dashes and Stand United) and should be natural splitpushers. The truth is though, that they suck at it compared to the likes of Zed and Tryndamere, who can simply build serious pressure much faster than they can (give Zed 15 secs on your bottom inhib tower after 30 mins and you're inhib will be gone, same can't be said for Shyvana), who also have much greater 1v1 kill pressure than tanks normally have.

Bacon

Anyone get an invite to take a lol survey in their email? Looks like they are trying to find ways to add progression outside of ranked games (and 1-30 of course).

"Please read the description of the hypothetical champion progression system carefully before answering any questions!

The champion progression system would reward players for playing (and winning!) multiple games with individual champions. Winning a game with a given champion (for example, Jinx), would earn you points towards your level with that champion. If you play a game with that champion and lose the game, you gain a much smaller number of points towards your champion level. However, even if you lose, you can never lose champion level progress. You would have a separate champion level for each champion in the game. Reaching certain champion levels would allow you to earn small rewards.

Champion levels do not affect your stats or power within game. They only show your progress with each champion. Your champion levels could be shown in your summoner profile"

I think this could be cool if they gave out skins for hitting certain milestones but it seems kind of meaningless otherwise.

Edit:

Here are the potential rewards -

could be a way of giving champion summoner icons that people have been asking for for ages

i.e. I win a lot of Fiora games and I get a Fiora summoner icon

could be cool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom