• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know from other online games I've played down the years that this sort of personalised "I've done this thing a ton" reward has a big appeal to certain sections of the playerbase. I imagine in LoL, where many players identify themselves as "x" mains or fans of particular characters, there'd be a lot of games played with the intention of unlocking the relevant bauble which they can show off.

Umm

That's not even counting the extra stats she gets out of her passive and the active which is a big fucking deal, not a single stat is wasted and she makes so much out of the reset passive on the item's active. Gunblade gives her a massive power spike in damage thanks to the extra burst she gets from all the stats and active, dueling power thanks to all the sustain she gets and lets her postpone or ignore completely Rylai's thanks to the active. There's hardly anything inefficient about it, specially when the item has an amazing build path for Akali with components that range from 360 to 1400 gold and help her laning a fuckton, and once she gets nerfed next patch she'll need the lifesteal/spell vamp more than ever.

Also I find it hilarious that you use diamond players as an argument but completely diss challenger players building her in solo Q because of some bizarre competitive prejudice.
Key word being "mains." Challenger players in the earlier list like Alex Ich or Voyboy use her on a whim barring Westrice, so I wouldn't give two shits about what they had to say about a champion they're not that comfortable with. Gunblade "massive" power spike isn't as high as some of the other damage-oriented items she could be getting, the active slow (even with her ability to refresh it quickly) is more or less accomplished through Rylai's with other more worthwhile benefits, Hextech Revolver is all the additional spellvamp she needs (with matching runes / masteries) to surpass the sustain of most champions... Including Warwick and Yorick, funnily enough. 128% gold efficiency might be alright in its and the game's current state, but that's still a huge deduction compared to its previous iteration (where it offered ridiculous bang for buck) without really providing a noteworthy edge over other available options in her build path.

There's also something to be said about every other hybrid champion ditching it in favor of alternatives and functioning perfectly fine (if not better), despite having more skills that could utilize Gunblade's mixed statistics or with a higher % AD bonus than Akali. Do you really want an assassin like Akali to be spending a 1600 fucking gold on AD for one skill and her passive, as opposed to melting people more rapidly and cutting down the time she spends on an important target before moving on to the next with more AP?

I just checked nearly all the diamond akali players. All have gunblade in their games.

If you want even more proof, here's a EUW Master tier player who has 800 games this season on akali. All of his games, he went gunblade.

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/euw/21605738#matches

Are you seriously going to argue you have more game knowledge than a master player?
Everyone has their bad habits. I'm pigheaded, that guy buys Gunblade. I take issue with a bad habit seizing to be a bad habit because it happens to be popular, especially in a MOBA game (with rampant sheep mentality) where there's always room for improvement regardless of one's skill level.

zkylon

zkylewd
yea writing a million paragraphs in why you were vocally ignorant about a country is pretty dumb, who's gonna even bother reading that shit

i don't know why he even brings this issue up again, the reason people hate him or richard lewis or whatever is cos they don't ever actually learn, they just do inflammatory shit, say they're sorry if they feel any consequences for it and then play victims

if he had stopped being "thoorin" and just wrote articles and had interviews and not spend two hours out of every summoner insight shitting on nintendudex or whatever maybe ppl would actually stop hating on him

New Jarvan splash:

JarvanIV_Splash_0.jpg
I want this one back.

That's all I'm saying. Crab was dismissing outright, and I don't agree with that. Steve was saying basically exactly what I'm saying. You can't say X is better than Y for everyone.
I think you can, and whether it's Rylai's or GB, someone is right. That doesn't mean you should (necessarily) stop what you're doing. I don't know, I don't play Akali, the difference might not be dramatic compared to like someone who doesn't buy wards. That person also needs to change their play style (if they want to get better) to allow for warding... which is objectively better than not warding.

Wait, so no skins then?

I'm confused, this skin is gonna stay only a day on the PBE or are they going to deploy it much later?

this is the next PBE cycle... the new PBE cycle always starts the day before a patch is released.

Also

PATCH NOTES

Also of note within 4.18 is a whole pile of bugfixes for Azir (sorry!), a GANGPLANK BUFF!?, the removal of Pando Media Booster, a Smart Ping volume slider (look at this new audio technology we can implement!), and phase 2 of our mass champion texture rebalance!

there's only two other real "hybrid" champions in the game; jax and kayle.

jax wants attack speed and tankiness, which he buffers with the triforce procs to become a monstrous duelist and kayle wants cdr, attack speed and flat ap because her ad scalings are shit.

besides which, sitting on revolver and then building into another ap item is going to delay both builds, by which you'd probably already have enough gold for revolver and you could utilize it's greater stats and active for more kills to build towards other items. just buying the 2 most expensive components for rylais gives you enough gold to finish a revolver, which would give you the rylais slow and better damage on her e.

zkylon

zkylewd
the problem with the victorious line is always the same, it's just a terrible color palette that i guess it's meant to be a mix of the challenger-gold tiers colors but it just looks muddy and unappealing

like if it was just gold and black and silver but they add that teal and purple and it just looks like kog puke

the models themselves are ok (well that morg dress skirt thing is awful but it's so in all her skins), it's just a color issue

sleepykyo

That dragon change seems to favor snowballs, which something I thought Riot was trying to reduce.

In regards to the whole jungle possibly getting tougher, I hope Vi and J4 become good in the top lane, I want out of the jungle. Regardless of whether it is at my bronze/low silver level or on the worlds stage, it seems like the jungler is frequently last to reach full build. ie. The nurturer bullet point is considerably less satisfying in the jungler role.

Einbroch

Banned
the problem with the victorious line is always the same, it's just a terrible color palette that i guess it's meant to be a mix of the challenger-gold tiers colors but it just looks muddy and unappealing

like if it was just gold and black and silver but they add that teal and purple and it just looks like kog puke

the models themselves are ok (well that morg dress skirt thing is awful but it's so in all her skins), it's just a color issue

At least it's not this:

Isisgoldenmodel.png

Ferrio

Banned
That dragon change seems to favor snowballs, which something I thought Riot was trying to reduce.

In regards to the whole jungle possibly getting tougher, I hope Vi and J4 become good in the top lane, I want out of the jungle. Regardless of whether it is at my bronze/low silver level or on the worlds stage, it seems like the jungler is frequently last to reach full build. ie. The nurturer bullet point is considerably less satisfying in the jungler role.

J4 is good toplane, unless something has changed?

zkylon

zkylewd
love the cautious approach for buffing azir, hope rito keeps that stance for new champions, just give them some time to acclimatize

also doesn't say but i hope that they fixed the bug where using red trinket near a destroyed tower when azir's on the enemy team shows as its denying vision from the tower -_-

love the cautious approach for buffing azir, hope rito keeps that stance for new champions, just give them some time to acclimatize

also doesn't say but i hope that they fixed the bug where using red trinket near a destroyed tower when azir's on the enemy team shows as its denying vision from the tower -_-
He's being given a billion bugfixes, it should be huge for him

Also " If Azir uses Shifting Sands on a soldier currently moving via Conquering Sands, he'll now join the soldier on a combined magical journey" lol

Not that I'm at all complaining since they're two of my favourite champions, but I'm a bit surprised Ryze and Corki didn't see nerfs this patch. Corki seems like the obvious candidate to take over bot lane if Lucian becomes less of a lane bully and was already a good pick into Tristana. I doubt Ezreal will shoot back to prominence with the passive buff. Ryze is a monster top laner, and would appear to be everything Riot dislike - reliable, strong laning phase against most opponents while having an excellent late game, no skillshots involved. I suppose they think his gank vulnerability and Corki's weak late game are sufficient trade-offs for their strengths.

You know what really grinds my gears? Those ADCs who do that attack-move-attack-move-attack-move thing over and over. You're in Bronze/Silver fool, stop acting cool. Anytime I see them doing that attack-move thing I make it a point to completely obliterate them. A lot of times if they're doing it really fast it's a smurf, which gives me even more incentive. I'll come up to them and they'll immediately start doing it... "oh yeah this idiot is fucked, I'm a plat smurf" is what they're thinking. All of a sudden they get hit with a yellow and then get eviscerated by a machine gun of playing cards in two seconds while I'm standing 100% still. Next you thing you see...

Smurf69 (All): wtf?
Smurf69 (All): this tf

You're goddamn right "this tf".

zkylon

zkylewd
Wow that's some horrible art.
i don't think the art's too bad, just not very syndraesque

i appreciate the zed charm thingie and general feetness

i mean it's not syndra with glasses for sure

You know what really grinds my gears? Those ADCs who do that attack-move-attack-move-attack-move thing over and over. You're in Bronze/Silver fool, stop acting cool. Anytime I see them doing that attack-move thing I make it a point to completely obliterate them. A lot of times if they're doing it really fast it's a smurf, which gives me even more incentive. I'll come up to them and they'll immediately start doing it... "oh yeah this idiot is fucked, I'm a plat smurf" is what they're thinking. All of a sudden they get hit with a yellow and then get eviscerated by a machine gun of playing cards in two seconds while I'm standing 100% still. Next you thing you see...

wat

It reminds me of in Starcraft 2 how some pros and wannabe-pros would constantly press keys on their keyboard just to artificially inflate their APM.

ADC attacking a turret with no one else in sight and is doing it... same thing.

Nev

Banned

Lol umad tho? That's what you're supposed to do. Otherwise you're a trash adc and might as well let the role to someone who can play. Or play Dota 2.

ADC attacking a turret with no one else in sight and is doing it... same thing.

I do it even for inhibs, and even as a mage. It's good for practice and helps you being active and aware of possible unexpected danger.

Lol umad tho? That's what you're supposed to do. Otherwise you're a trash adc and might as well let the role to someone who can play. Or play Dota 2.
I realize it has gameplay benefits, but it looks fucking stupid and try-hard, especially when you're just attacking some random turret or inhib with no one around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom