• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newt

Sword of the occult rush feeling so strong.
4897312aab7fa41a5fff828eefaf7e66.png

Ferga

Annie is the definition of a Lol tutorial.

Lol tutorial (l-ol tute-re-al): (noun) Annie. "Omg I played Annie and learnt so much," Barry the beginner exclaimed.

See?

Q teaches you to cs and learning mana costs
Passive gives you a progressive feeling of managing cooldowns and understanding what an engage is
QWR lets you do damage and everyone knows damage=fun for new players

E to not make a tank / giant belt stacking annie build seem completely weird

bokn

Banned

Lol tutorial (l-ol tute-re-al): (noun) Annie. "Omg I played Annie and learnt so much," Barry the beginner exclaimed.

See?

Passive gives you a progressive feeling of managing cooldowns and understanding what an engage is

Amazingly well designed champion

u cud learn a lot from this, valve

See?

I have Reverse Annie skin and it's great. I love Annie

Jesus....2 games in a row where I called mid, then someone else did. The first one a player left the lobby shortly after, and I'm guessing it had to be the other mid guy. Next game, I called mid ahead of someone else, but he locked in immediately. Out of stubbornness, I waited 10-15 seconds, then locked into Vel'Koz. He went "dude. I called mid". I had to point out, with others verifying, that I called it first. I told him that's why you don't immediately lock like a stubborn jackass, then had to abandon the lobby.

Newt

Jesus....2 games in a row where I called mid, then someone else did. The first one a player left the lobby shortly after, and I'm guessing it had to be the other mid guy. Next game, I called mid ahead of someone else, but he locked in immediately. Out of stubbornness, I waited 10-15 seconds, then locked into Vel'Koz. He went "dude. I called mid". I had to point out, with others verifying, that I called it first. I told him that's why you don't immediately lock like a stubborn jackass, then had to abandon the lobby.
This is why you don't play blind, lol.

o shit just read the patch notes
am i reading this right, can I mute other ppls pings
it's all i ever wanted
Wow. I didn't realize this. I have a good friend I play with a lot, but you can be damn sure I'll be muting his pings. Sorry, buddy. I don't need to know to retreat when I'm split pushing a lane and the entire enemy team shows up.

I've never played a draft game. Ever. I'm been trying team builder, but it seems everyone and their cousin wants to be mid? I guess I'll give draft a go now and see how it ends up.
forget about call order

embrace the support

we don't have normals draft in third world countries yo
Support is actually my second favorite role. I love the hell out of Taric, but I've grown tired of him. I recently, stupidly, spent a ton of IP on runes for Thresh because I tried him during free rotation and fell in love. Then the free rotation ended, and my dumbass realized I didn't have the IP to buy him. So now I'm working towards that goal.

zkylon

zkylewd
forget about call order

embrace the support

we don't have normals draft in third world countries yo

it would SEGREGATE our small community

Blizzard

Banned
With ping mutes, now people can truly ignore any sort of communication whatsoever. What could possibly go wrong!

I just played my first PVP Summoner's Rift game in a while. It was a return to a kinder, simpler time. Someone picked Morde mid and said hardly anything but "HUEHUEHUEHUEHUE" and "BR?" in champ select and ingame. They were named General Snowball, and proceeded to dominate their lane and carry with a 16/4/6 score.

It made me happy.

brian!

communication should be a two-way thing and not someone constantly tapping u on your shoulder and you turning around to punch them in the face

Blizzard

Banned
communication should be a two-way thing and not someone constantly tapping u on your shoulder and you turning around to punch them in the face
That is a bit of an excessive comparison.

I would be perfectly happy with one-way communication, if someone pings the river to warn of an incoming enemy, and your teammate does not respond except by not getting caught.

In fact, the less two-way communication the better -- no racial or homophobic slurs because you warned someone about an enemy in the river!

brian!

yeah i feel like you are missing something here
like ppl don't lash out at ppl because you are being perfectly reasonable with how you communicate things u feel me
anyway pings are perfectly visible on the map

Blizzard

Banned
yeah i feel like you are missing something here
like ppl don't lash out at ppl because you are being perfectly reasonable with how you communicate things u feel me
Remember the times when everyone would talk about the insane, official forum-level crazy teammate abuse?

And you would then talk about how you must be living in elo heaven, and you never have any of those players?

I respectfully suggest that this may be a case like that. Everyone being polite and reasonable may lead to fewer crazy ragers, but there still ARE crazy ragers.

brian! said:
anyway pings are perfectly visible on the map
This was the key part I was missing. I'm sorry; I just finished reading the patch notes (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/patch/patch-418-notes) and I now realize you can mute the sound, but the effect is visible. As long as the effect stays visible that seems reasonable, good job Riot!

brian!

no im just talking about communication in general
having an unstoppable audio cue is akin to shouting over someone, which is abusive
it is completely understandable to me to lash out to frequent and unnecessary pinging; it's a defense mechanism

Blizzard

Banned
no im just talking about communication in general
having an unstoppable audio cue is akin to shouting over someone, which is abusive
it is completely understandable to me to lash out to frequent and unnecessary pinging; it's a defense mechanism
It's not unstoppable, though. Pinging repeatedly promptly gets you ping-restricted (which may be something the client logs for reports), and people can report the player for ping spamming after the game. I think there is a "Spamming" category you can use. Hopefully Riot can do something to discourage that behavior, and perhaps the volume slider is part of such an effort.

brian!

It's not unstoppable, though. Pinging repeatedly promptly gets you ping-restricted (which may be something the client logs for reports), and people can report the player for ping spamming after the game. I think there is a "Spamming" category you can use. Hopefully Riot can do something to discourage that behavior, and perhaps the volume slider is part of such an effort.

yeah i feel this, though I def dont think listening to pings should be compulsory, just like i dont think having to listen to voice chat should be compulsory

Ugh. That was a rough one to lose....had a Cat and Leona bottom on my team matched against Trist and....hell, I don't even know. Some big dude. At some point one needs to realize, "OKay, I'm losing bad here. I need to play defensive under my tower and wait for gank." But no, not my team. They put on their super hero pants and kept diving into Trist. Needless to say, Trist was SSJ3 by the end of the game.

Newt

I think jinx is gonna be a beast next patch. I'm really putting myself out there with this prediction, I know.
I really don't think much will change with Jinx...Trist is getting nerfed... that's basically it.
Anything that isnt ashe that works well with janna will be beast after lucian gets balanced
Adding a 40 mana cost to his E isn't going to balance him though.

Nekofrog

Banned
i don't hate lucian because i think he's overpowered

he's overtuned yeah

i hate lucian because he is in almost every goddamn game i play unless i ban it because i want to see some variety in my games

its the same as lee sin except he's even more overtuned

Blizzard

Banned
i don't hate lucian because i think he's overpowered

he's overtuned yeah

i hate lucian because he is in almost every goddamn game i play unless i ban it because i want to see some variety in my games

its the same as lee sin except he's even more overtuned
Were you around for the days of Ezreal? I think stats were literally 50-60% pick rate for him in ranked games, at least in lower levels.

Just downloaded and tried this game for the idk 5th time. I have like 5 games played since 2012. How did I do, I was Clockwerk. Game sucks, btw. League destroys it.

55GXMhI.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom