• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leezard

Seems that way, although it's difficult say with any certainty. Chickens alone really fucks up the paths because they're way too strong. But it does seem that depending on what you want to accomplish (clear to 6, early gank, early counterjungle) the path does change. I still think all camps are overtuned right now.

Yeah, we'll have to see how the stats on the camps change until release.

V_Arnold

I just had the funniest game ever. It started off bad. We all called lanes, every member. Then the ADC decided he wanted top. I was top, called, locked, etc. Everyone else did too.

We get in game, Tristana goes top. I ping her, ask her what she's doing, and she just taunt spams. I give her a bit, then she starts creeping and pings me back.

I say "Sorry guys, I don't want to reward this player. I'm just gonna AFK. I know it sucks for you, but this isn't fun." Was I in the wrong? Probably. But I hate that shit. Instalocking is one thing. I can dodge or adjust. But thinking you're doing one thing, then switching to something else and laughing about it, that's just annoying.

Anyway, the Sona (mid Sona) goes off, calling me a cunt, a whiner, a baby, etc. I just calmly respond that I don't want to reward the Tristana. She says we can win, I say I understand that but this isn't fun for me, and that I'm sorry for ruining your game, but you should blame Tristana as well.

All game, literally non-stop, she's spamming all chat about me, never mentioning Trist. I say that if they want to report me, they can. The other team's ADC wonders what's going on, then realizes that he blocked the Sona a few weeks ago. He said she's obnoxious. We spend the rest of the game making fun of the Sona who is clearly a kid and throwing a tantrum. Yes, I'm an ass, but that was so fucking funny. Everyone reported the Sona.

Good times.

You was in the wrong.
Your ability to help the team when one player is freaky helps 4 people.
You going AFK hurts people that did nothing wrong to you.

So yeah.

sleepykyo

The jungle was much worse for gold in season 2, which was when the tanks reigned supreme (building GP10 items). Junglers were essentially glorified supports unless they got a ton of kills (but season 2 supports were glorified minions). Season 3 made bruiser junglers extremely strong at the start with the Spirit items and buffs to single target jungling at the expense of AoE clearers, like most tanks, but ended up leaving them in a not too dissimilar place to season 2 after a ton of nerfs to items and champions.

That jives.

http://www.pcgamesn.com/leagueoflegends/league-legends-season-3-will-bring-big-changes-junglers

"Overall junglers severely lack in gold unless they successfully gank and snowball the game from the get-go and/or opt for a GP10 strategy."

So S2 was straight awful. S3 was relatively generous at the start.

You sound like the bad guy here.

Not going to lie, I feel like being a bad guy for the remainder of the season. In normals though, so anyone trying to grind out of silver into gold isn't really effected.

Looking over my first season of LoL.

~29% of my games as sup. A role that I generally hate after Leona got (I concede justifiably) nerfed and later upstaged by Braum as the tanky support.

~25% as jungler. Another role that I've kind of grown tired of, though I still like J4 and Vi.

b3 placement-b5-s5 over the course of hundreds of games. Like I guess it is an improvement, but I'm still awful and I got stuck in the poverty roles for over half the games. Might as well just stick to normals for the rest of the season and playing J4/Vi/Irelia regardless of the lanes left open. Support Irelia and ADC Vi it is if it comes to that. Tired of buying sightstones and upgraded sweepers while others can't be arsed to even drop their trinket or pick up a stealth/vision ward then they have a little leftover.

Venting aside, what tips do people have in choosing their primary/secondary roles and so forth?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
~29% of my games as sup. A role that I generally hate after Leona got (I concede justifiably) nerfed and later upstaged by Braum as the tanky support.
Leona hasn't really been touched since April, and even then it wasn't anything major. As it is Leona is still one of the best supports in the game. There is nothing that should have stopped you from playing her, and her matchup against Braum isn't even that bad.

zkylon

zkylewd
btw i just copy and paste "mid pls" on blind pick normals and if i get to call first it's 90% of the times respected. if someone picks mid after i said it and hasn't locked it i nicely ask him if i could go cos i called it first and they usually comply

if they lock mid anyways then it's cool i'll just go somewhere else

copy paste thing is kind of annoying but there's no need to be the "bad guy", just play the calling game like everyone else

usually works in ranked too tho i say "mid pref" there lol

zkylon

zkylewd
Rumble_Splash_0.jpg

Shaco_Splash_0.jpg

rito never sleeps

Bacon

I always fill unless i'm the first or second pick like the pushover I am.

Edit: Holy shit those splashes are fantastic!

Sofo

That jives.

http://www.pcgamesn.com/leagueoflegends/league-legends-season-3-will-bring-big-changes-junglers

"Overall junglers severely lack in gold unless they successfully gank and snowball the game from the get-go and/or opt for a GP10 strategy."

So S2 was straight awful. S3 was relatively generous at the start.

Not going to lie, I feel like being a bad guy for the remainder of the season. In normals though, so anyone trying to grind out of silver into gold isn't really effected.

Looking over my first season of LoL.

~25% as jungler. Another role that I've kind of grown tired of, though I still like J4 and Vi.

b3 placement-b5-s5 over the course of hundreds of games. Like I guess it is an improvement, but I'm still awful and I got stuck in the poverty roles for over half the games. Might as well just stick to normals for the rest of the season and playing J4/Vi/Irelia regardless of the lanes left open. Support Irelia and ADC Vi it is if it comes to that. Tired of buying sightstones and upgraded sweepers while others can't be arsed to even drop their trinket or pick up a stealth/vision ward then they have a little leftover.

Venting aside, what tips do people have in choosing their primary/secondary roles and so forth?

Leona might not be in the best of the spots but is still a very respectable pick as far as support goes imo. As far as buying sighstones and sweepers idk, that's actually my favorite part of supporting. Vision is so important atm and it helps so much for getting picks/roaming...

I don't understand your problem though. ;x

HOW CAN PEOPLE BE SO DUMB

I am hard carrying this game. Legendary out of lane. Just destroying everything

All I need is for Vi to engage. And maybe a Kayle ult. But no. They run away scared. No matter how many times I say to engage. It just doesn't matter.

I can ping 1000 times to go in. But it doesn't matter.

We won every fight. EVERY FIGHT. And yet they played too scared. It's fucking incredible. These people are the worst kind of players.

Just let yourself get carried. Let me tell you what to do. That's all we need.

but no.

This kind of game makes me feel like shit, because no matter what I do I can't make people physically press their R key when they need to.

I even gave up ADC to our last pick for this shit. And he was awful. How can you play that badly as Caitlyn when everyone ignores you?

Now I need 3 wins in a row for promos. The game was won. urgh.

drawkcaB

btw i just copy and paste "mid pls" on blind pick normals and if i get to call first it's 90% of the times respected. if someone picks mid after i said it and hasn't locked it i nicely ask him if i could go cos i called it first and they usually comply

That's been my experience with blinds too (I also use that trick, but most people apparently have better connections that I do)

zkylon

zkylewd
i guess the splash sprint is over lol

so that leaves us with anivia, blitz, galio, grago, irelia, kennen, mao, poppy (well poppy getting full rework), rammus, shen, swain, talon, taric (rework), trist (rework), veigar, warwick (rework), xin, yorick and zilean for desperately needing new splashes

still lots of work ahead

That's been my experience with blinds too (I also use that trick, but most people apparently have better connections that I do)
yea i generally have pretty positive pick phases if you're just respectful of the other ppl

like sometimes i'll ask them if i can mid cos i haven't been able to get to play ori for a bunch of games and they'll be like sure

i also wait a bit of a sec so it's not like as soon as i connect so i don't feel like rushing like an insane person

i'm generally fine with filling tho, but since i usually play with friends i get mid most of the times (according to lsi 80% of my games lol)

I'm still fuming. That's the worst game of LoL I've ever played.

-They had more towers and placed more wards. So they probably had better vision.
-Jayce was fed. His poke likely did quite a bit of damage. No one really wants to engage on that and unless he's focused he could probably wreck your whole team.
-If you won every fight, you might have pushed more objectives or gotten a Baron.

sleepykyo

pick the ones with the most champions you like?

hm.

Irelia, Shy, Ali, Mao
J4, Vi
Ahri
Cait
Leona, Sona, Morg

Hm, not sure I like where this is going.

As for the Braum - Leona matchup, I can't say I've played/seen enough of it to have an opinion one way or the other. I just don't see how Leona is in the same league when Braum has a ranged slow and unbreakable. I'll consider Solar Flare and Braum's Ult is the same league. Like Leona is pretty much deadweight if behind while Braum is still slightly useful.

Fuzzery

I just had the funniest game ever. It started off bad. We all called lanes, every member. Then the ADC decided he wanted top. I was top, called, locked, etc. Everyone else did too.

We get in game, Tristana goes top. I ping her, ask her what she's doing, and she just taunt spams. I give her a bit, then she starts creeping and pings me back.

I say "Sorry guys, I don't want to reward this player. I'm just gonna AFK. I know it sucks for you, but this isn't fun." Was I in the wrong? Probably. But I hate that shit. Instalocking is one thing. I can dodge or adjust. But thinking you're doing one thing, then switching to something else and laughing about it, that's just annoying.

Anyway, the Sona (mid Sona) goes off, calling me a cunt, a whiner, a baby, etc. I just calmly respond that I don't want to reward the Tristana. She says we can win, I say I understand that but this isn't fun for me, and that I'm sorry for ruining your game, but you should blame Tristana as well.

All game, literally non-stop, she's spamming all chat about me, never mentioning Trist. I say that if they want to report me, they can. The other team's ADC wonders what's going on, then realizes that he blocked the Sona a few weeks ago. He said she's obnoxious. We spend the rest of the game making fun of the Sona who is clearly a kid and throwing a tantrum. Yes, I'm an ass, but that was so fucking funny. Everyone reported the Sona.

Good times.

You were the one in the wrong.

From that NYT article, there are 67M monthly players worldwide, and 80% of LoL's playerbase is in Asia. Therefore, there are ~13.4M monthly players in Europe, North America, South America and other territories. Another couple of interest statements were made within the article, including that there will be an online merchandise shop opening in 2015, and that League of Legends will be one of the few games to bring in $1 billion in revenue in 2014.

Edit: I want to throw more numbers around. Riot have (according to the article) also said that 90% of the playerbase is men aged 15-25. Therefore, ~12M men in that group in the western world are playing League of Legends monthly. Riot have also said that ~60% of the playerbase attend or have graduated from college/university (from their poll samplings), so the proportion of men, aged 18-25, in the western world who are attending/have attended college who play League will be higher than for all men aged 18-25.

sleepykyo

From that NYT article, there are 67M monthly players worldwide, and 80% of LoL's playerbase is in Asia. Therefore, there are ~13.4M monthly players in Europe, North America, South America and other territories. Another couple of interest statements were made within the article, including that there will be an online merchandise shop opening in 2015, and that League of Legends will be one of the few games to bring in $1 billion in revenue in 2014.

Clearly time to invest in body pillows.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
As for the Braum - Leona matchup, I can't say I've played/seen enough of it to have an opinion one way or the other. I just don't see how Leona is in the same league when Braum has a ranged slow and unbreakable. I'll consider Solar Flare and Braum's Ult is the same league. Like Leona is pretty much deadweight if behind while Braum is still slightly useful.
Solar Flare > > > Braum's ultimate. Longer range, harder to avoid, no CC fall off when multiple targets are hit, and a significantly lower cooldown. They have different strengths. Leona's still one of the best initiators in the game, and she probably has more hard CC than any other support in the game. Key to the matchup is using Leona's kit to just bypass Braum.

If anything makes it harder to play Leona right now it's the prevalence of Janna.

-They had more towers and placed more wards. So they probably had better vision.
-Jayce was fed. His poke likely did quite a bit of damage. No one really wants to engage on that and unless he's focused he could probably wreck your whole team.
-If you won every fight, you might have pushed more objectives or gotten a Baron.

Jayce was fodder to me in a fight.

The fights we won were in situations where we had full vision on them but waited way too long to engage, despite my protests. We lost 2 nexus turrets to minions because of them hesitating.

You can ask Sofo (who was spectating) or Dob (the Karma). It was a won game. Just needed people to not be dumb and listen. To work to the strengths of our comp. to just fucking press R.

Please don't try to tell me things we could have done in a game I played in and you didn't see. It really doesn't help in any way.

drawkcaB

hi guys. I hear the jungle is changing. I haven't been paying attention. Will I be shocked and amazed next time I play?

Amazingly shocked, assuming things don't drastically change.

...man I really hope they give the +AD item CDR instead of lifesteal.

Jayce was fodder to me in a fight.

The fights we won were in situations where we had full vision on them but waited way too long to engage, despite my protests. We lost 2 nexus turrets to minions because of them hesitating.

You can ask Sofo (who was spectating) or Dob (the Karma). It was a won game. Just needed people to not be dumb and listen. To work to the strengths of our comp. to just fucking press R.

Please don't try to tell me things we could have done in a game I played in and you didn't see. It really doesn't help in any way.

Sorry, wasn't trying to be critical. Was just offering suggestions based on the match stats.

Sorry, wasn't trying to be critical. Was just offering suggestions based on the match stats.

it's no worries. Sorry for snapping at you, that wasn't fair of me.

It really was just a simple issue of picking a fight.

Their comp was really terrible. They had a short ranged ADC and mage and a bad jungler. Jayce was fed, but Fiora has all the tools to murder Jayce.

They weren't even a poke comp, so the easiest way to beat them was just to hard engage on the Jayce. We had an amazing team for team fighting. We just needed our jungler to respond and out Kayle to ult the right target.

Ranked brings out the worst in me. I'm far too competitive to enjoy ranked. I get really pissed off with myself when I do something wrong and hate when people don't listen to me, because while mechanically I might not be the best I tend to be far better than most, especially in my elo, at understanding how the game works.

That game was a prime example of that.

I hate how they tie a skin to it. If it was just borders or whatever, I wouldn't care. But if there's a skin on the line for reaching a rank I can't do that. My competitive nature doesn't allow me.

Sofo

it's no worries. Sorry for snapping at you, that wasn't fair of me.

It really was just a simple issue of picking a fight.

Their comp was really terrible. They had a short ranged ADC and mage and a bad jungler. Jayce was fed, but Fiora has all the tools to murder Jayce.

They weren't even a poke comp, so the easiest way to beat them was just to hard engage on the Jayce. We had an amazing team for team fighting. We just needed our jungler to respond and out Kayle to ult the right target.

Ranked brings out the worst in me. I'm far too competitive to enjoy ranked. I get really pissed off with myself when I do something wrong and hate when people don't listen to me, because while mechanically I might not be the best I tend to be far better than most, especially in my elo, at understanding how the game works.

That game was a prime example of that.

I hate how they tie a skin to it. If it was just borders or whatever, I wouldn't care. But if there's a skin on the line for reaching a rank I can't do that. My competitive nature doesn't allow me.

I still loved when Caitlyn stood RIGHT NEXT to Ryze just doing autoattacks. Didn't even bother to E away from him lol. Was talking with Dobe about it and we concluded Cait was just a bot (obv joking).

Vi was something else tbh. Like, as far as engages, you will likely not find a champ with an easier engage kit than Vi. This one forgot her kit at home.

Hey at least it's not like the Gangplank jungle we had on our normal, who facechecked an invade, fed another kill and double buffs and left the game. And the Sion top that went 1/7/0. Shit was surreal yo. Thankfully next game we had 3 people on enemy team doing Ultimate Bravery, so yay free first win of the day. ;o

Tizoc

Ever had a game where BOTH your bot lanes went AFK?
Cuz that just happened to me in a recent game. Happened cuz of a fallout with our jungler, and them losing their lane badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom