• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferga

I'm on the other side of the fence. Sion is one of the easiest junglers to play for me.

You practically lose 0 health in clearing the jungle with blue cdr, R is an awesome skill especially when you hit it head on into a fully charged Q, W early game does a tonne of damage to champions and E is easy as hell to hit if you use the minions to perma slow a target along with red.

His pre-6 ganking is not the best but it isn't bad at all with the whole perma slow built into his kit.

Then his late game tankiness and damage.

ERGHHHHHHH

I'm speechless.

I get first pick Morg. We're stomping all our lanes so our Cait goes "you guys don't even need me lol" and starts SPLIT PUSHING. She dies a bunch of times and they start grouping.

We start losing team fights because Cait does her own thing and is just generally being toxic. We end up losing because she sits in fountain as they're battering our nexus.

I lose 19 effin LP because of this.

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1577562075/85040

I even outfarmed her.

Achtius

I'm on the other side of the fence. Sion is one of the easiest junglers to play for me.

You practically lose 0 health in clearing the jungle with blue cdr, R is an awesome skill especially when you hit it head on into a fully charged Q, W early game does a tonne of damage to champions and E is easy as hell to hit if you use the minions to perma slow a target along with red.

His pre-6 ganking is not the best but it isn't bad at all with the whole perma slow built into his kit.

Then his late game tankiness and damage.

ERGHHHHHHH

does enemy hear the ult? or only ur team

brian!

yah sion seems pretty good if he gets some help
which is usually what a jungler gets

that's not rex mimicking sion ult.....

Newt

I'm speechless.

I get first pick Morg. We're stomping all our lanes so our Cait goes "you guys don't even need me lol" and starts SPLIT PUSHING. She dies a bunch of times and they start grouping.

We start losing team fights because Cait does her own thing and is just generally being toxic. We end up losing because she sits in fountain as they're battering our nexus.

I lose 19 effin LP because of this.

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1577562075/85040

I even outfarmed her.
If you wanna split push on ADC... just go Sivir or Ez. Dunno why she went Cait, lol.

drawkcaB

Holy shit. 5:57 to level 6 with Skarner in the new jungle.

dimb said:
I tried Malphite in the new jungle and was surprised to find that the first clear was easier than on live. Toad -》Wolves -》Red left me with full HP, and I was able to keep jungling with no pressure to back long afterwards. I found myself easily capable of securing both of my buffs, and I don't see the early buffless backs I see videos of to be very viable.

Most champions can secure double buffs easily enough. The issue is that path required to do it messes up the spawn timers because they're now on 110s CD. The buffless backs are all about reaching level 6 ASAP because the path takes into account the new spawn timers. In match-ups where one jungler wants to either farm to 6 or just power farm in general while the other poses little to no threat of counterjungling, buffless backs are perfectly fine.

I'm still deciding if I want to make a run for Gold before the season ends. I'm currently in Silver 3 promo, to get into Silver 2.

It's not a matter of "if" I can do it. My TF will carry me no problem, but it's a big time investment. I'd have to play multiple games per night. My TF has 60% win rate so it's probably 2-3 games per night. That's a lot of time. Maybe I'm overestimating how long it would take to get to Gold from Silver 3 promo?

God I love TF so much. I could play every single game as my AD TF mid for the next 5 years and never get bored. He's that fun to play. No other champ in the game is so fun and satisfying to play and I've played all of em and own like 115 of them and played for all 4 seasons and then 1-2 years before there was seasons, so a long time. Despite all this, TF is still #1. He's so great he deserved a double post.

Going to bed... good night my sweet prince TF

brian!

lmao did I really just get demoted from losing one game at 0 LP despite just being in promos to the next tier x.x

lebronMVP.gif

What's everyone's opinion on playing ranked during weekends vs weekdays? I've always have better luck playing around 9AM-1PM Mon-Thurs than I do on Fri/Sat/Sun.

What's everyone's opinion on playing ranked during weekends vs weekdays? I've always have better luck playing around 9AM-1PM Mon-Thurs than I do on Fri/Sat/Sun.

My best results for ranked came from playing during the school year, during the week days, before school let out.

Yeah, my mentality has been to get in as many ranked games as I can before rugrats infiltrate the Rift after school. I just got to Silver 1 so I need to resist the urge to gain LP and wait a few days.

lmao did I really just get demoted from losing one game at 0 LP despite just being in promos to the next tier x.x

Maybe you were on a losing streak?

At 0 LP in Silver IV now. I don't even know anymore. When I'm not support I'm thinking about how much better I'd do as support.

drawkcaB

The AoE smite upgrade is probably going to get changed to only work on monsters because I imagine seeing an entire wave of creeps disappear when the jungler taxes the lane isn't going to make the laners very happy.

(but still hilarious if they keep it as-is)

pigeon

Banned
E first on Sion is amazing for laning. I think the person who said Brut into tank and finish Brut later is probably right. I wish Randuin's was easier to buy in chunks. Unfortunately I find the shield not as effective as I was hoping until you get pretty scaled up, so you probably go R-Q-E-W. The 10% max health damage is enough to use the shield offensively.

Ferga

I swear if Sion can't jungle well when the pre-season comes, I'm going to be mad.

I'm on the brink of playing nothing but Sion for at least a month right now.

Sofo

I swear if Sion can't jungle well when the pre-season comes, I'm going to be mad.

Yesterday our 1/7/0 Sion confirmed me that we should not accept Sions in Team Builder unless it's people I know. D;

It does look a fun champ to play but man, the failed ults are far too hilarious. ;E

heytred

Neo Member
Not a huge accomplishment, but this was my very first season playing League (or any MOBA for that matter) and I just hit Gold V yesterday in SoloQ! My MMR is actually a little higher than Gold V according to op.gg, but still! I'm proud. <3

Sofo

Not a huge accomplishment, but this was my very first season playing League (or any MOBA for that matter) and I just hit Gold V yesterday in SoloQ! My MMR is actually a little higher than Gold V according to op.gg, but still! I'm proud. <3

That's actually really good I think! I'm on the same boat but still feel too anxious to queue solo on Ranked! And I still need to improve on versatility/not tunneling sometimes. GJ!

drawkcaB

He's good. I didn't to terribly well but I'm pretty sure my runes and overall play was bad.

Only jungler I've had an issue with so far is Maokai. He can do the buffless back clear, but I haven't found a path that let's him do a good level 4 clear w/o backing yet. He's always way too low.

heytred

Neo Member
That's actually really good I think! I'm on the same boat but still feel too anxious to queue solo on Ranked! And I still need to improve on versatility/not tunneling sometimes. GJ!

Thanks man! I'd be lying to say I haven't been there before (as far as nerves), but once I internalized the idea that I'm going to lose Ranked games no matter what... I started to climb. Ranked games weren't as stressful and I just focused on me... the wins came pouring in, even when being forced to play roles I hate. I'm a mid/top main, but a HUGE majority of my games have been played as ADC.

pigeon

Banned
Hydra on Sion is a bad idea, confirmed.

I was 8/1/2 at one point that game after pushing Darius around in lane. Unfortunately we had an afk and a lot of bad decision making :(

Sofo

Thanks man! I'd be lying to say I haven't been there before (as far as nerves), but once I internalized the idea that I'm going to lose Ranked games no matter what... I started to climb. Ranked games weren't as stressful and I just focused on me... the wins came pouring in, even when being forced to play roles I hate. I'm a mid/top main, but a HUGE majority of my games have been played as ADC.

Yeah that's kinda what I'm transitioning into, like I don't care that much about losing anymore... but still haha. My problem is the small champ pool I have for ADC/top/Jungle and I should really stop playing roles I am comfortable with in TB/Normals, to practice. ;x

I really enjoy support but sometimes even if we manage to get our ADC fed, then they do silly things like trying to 1v2+ >_> and it's like, c'mon man.

Tizoc

Udyr is fine. Level 6 clear in 6:13 for me. Fastest so far. He just gets very low on mana before level 3.

Route taken:
Chickens(smite)->Wolves->Froggie(smite)->B
Krugs->Red Buff(smite)->Chickens->Wolves->Froggie->Blue Buff(smite)->B
Krugs->Chickens(smite)

Phoenix Udyr R->W->R->E->R

The heck are the chickens and krugs?

heytred

Neo Member
Yeah that's kinda what I'm transitioning into, like I don't care that much about losing anymore... but still haha. My problem is the small champ pool I have for ADC/top/Jungle and I should really stop playing roles I am comfortable with in TB/Normals, to practice. ;x

I really enjoy support but sometimes even if we manage to get our ADC fed, then they do silly things like trying to 1v2+ >_> and it's like, c'mon man.

Yeah... that's the hardest part about playing really well as a support... doing your job, getting your carry strong and then watching him collapse into predictable patters of "fed syndrome"...

"Oh, 2v1? I got dis."

Sofo

Yeah... that's the hardest part about playing really well as a support... doing your job, getting your carry strong and then watching him collapse into predictable patters of "fed syndrome"...

"Oh, 2v1? I got dis."

Haha yeah, exactly! ;o

Nev

Banned
I'm still deciding if I want to make a run for Gold before the season ends. I'm currently in Silver 3 promo, to get into Silver 2.

It's not a matter of "if" I can do it. My TF will carry me no problem, but it's a big time investment. I'd have to play multiple games per night. My TF has 60% win rate so it's probably 2-3 games per night. That's a lot of time. Maybe I'm overestimating how long it would take to get to Gold from Silver 3 promo?

God I love TF so much. I could play every single game as my AD TF mid for the next 5 years and never get bored. He's that fun to play. No other champ in the game is so fun and satisfying to play and I've played all of em and own like 115 of them and played for all 4 seasons and then 1-2 years before there was seasons, so a long time. Despite all this, TF is still #1. He's so great he deserved a double post.

Going to bed... good night my sweet prince TF

10/10.

I can't imagine a more boring ADC than someone with one useful active spell tho. You must like Dota.

Ferga

He's good. I didn't to terribly well but I'm pretty sure my runes and overall play was bad.

Only jungler I've had an issue with so far is Maokai. He can do the buffless back clear, but I haven't found a path that let's him do a good level 4 clear w/o backing yet. He's always way too low.

Before Ap/tank Maokai was a thing, people ran cdr and attack speed on Maokai jungle to heal and dps

You been using the old school runes or magic ones?

while playing last night i felt like the fast smite was pretty useless as it only took 10 seconds off an already very long smite cooldown

maybe im doing it wrong
Quick Smite is actually pretty good. 10 base cooldown reduction + 10 second reduction on a correctly timed Smite + seemingly another 10 seconds off with the final enchantment. I whittled my Smite cooldown down to 25 seconds, which is not something you want to encounter on control junglers like Nunu or Trundle and then there's the high extra gold gains for succesful counter-jungling. At one point I got close to 150 - 200 total gold a piece from the enemy's camps when fully cleared (with red and blue buff being the highest of course) if I recall correctly, so I quite like Quick Smite for an objective-driven playstyle.

Udyr is fine. Level 6 clear in 6:13 for me. Fastest so far. He just gets very low on mana before level 3.

Route taken:
Chickens(smite)->Wolves->Froggie(smite)->B
Krugs->Red Buff(smite)->Chickens->Wolves->Froggie->Blue Buff(smite)->B
Krugs->Chickens(smite)

Phoenix Udyr R->W->R->E->R
I know both stances are good for different purposes when jungling, but do you think the single target damage from Tiger may be more valuable in the pre-season jungle or is there no real penalty/drawback for AoE clearing?

Also Desolating Smite is already "monsters only" according to the tooltip description, so crisis averted.

Sofo

Pretty sure I just ran into a premade of ARAM-only accounts ._. man fuck that. I managed a quadrakill though, as Ashe! Too bad Katarina and Ryze were so useless.

Enemy Sona got a pentakill. >_>;

Edwardo

Congrats!

I don't think it's "sad". It's optimisation, which is an essential feature of League of Legends, and most video games, just that due to the poor design of the ARAM queue it's possible to optimise before champion select by limiting your potential pool of champions. You can say that no one should take ARAMs seriously, but there's always going to be a group of people who will try to play as seriously as possible (just as there's also always going to be a group who'll take champions they've never played into ranked).

Most ARAM only accounts tend to rise to very high ARAM MMR, for obvious reasons, and so don't interact much with the average player.

Edwardo

Lost two Leona games yesterday. Kinda sad seeing how she has been my go-to support this season. It's too bad too, my team had some great engage the second loss. My ult, J4, Ashe arrow, then Ryze + Kat AoE. Too bad everyone got bit by the passive bug and didn't want to engage at all :(

IDK why I trusted this dude who picked Ashe. I shouldve dodged when he freaked out that he couldnt get top since he was last pick. Getting the team to group together shouldn't be a pain in the ass. No Ashe, you shouldn't be split pushing right now.

What are people's thoughts on targons right now? I've been thinking of just going back to getting a doran's shield and getting a coin on my first back or something. I feel like someone mentioned something like that recently.

Anyways.. I feel like I can definitely get to gold if I keep getting top lane. Jayce is absolutely dominant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom