• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korten

Banned
Had a Lucian basically tell me I was stupid cause I picked Darius against Sion... (to which Sion only won lane cause of Warwick ganks... and I never got a single gank in the match.) Which you know, telling someone to not pick a champ against another champ can be valid.

But then this was Team Builder... How the fuck could I have known I was going to go up against a Sion. Can't tell the future dude. XD

The Lucian didn't ruin my dead, but did make me sort of annoyed. He was also one of those people who says. "I'm done." Anytime they or someone else messes up. Like for example, he was moving through the top enemy jungle to top lane, I was heading to him but then I saw on the map that their Janna, Cait, and Yasuo where following him. As he gets to top lane, Warwick squishes him and kills him.

Lucian then proceeds to bitch me out saying I need to pay attention to the map. But if I had gone in, then it wouldn't have just been Warwick...

But w/e.

I'm going to go make some Gnocchi and watch Blacklist.

Bacon

Wait until tomorrow so your daily luck resets! It's important to remember when enemy team gets an AFK or something. Like yesterday on normals for me, first we got an AFK, lost, next one enemy team was doing ultimate bravery shit, won.

And they said I lacked balance, HA!

Morg is just super ugly and dorky. Like her walking animation looks so terrible in that dress...

Just got a fourth win today. Another fairly easy game although we almost threw. I think I'm done pushing my luck.

Sofo

Had a Lucian basically tell me I was stupid cause I picked Darius against Sion... (to which Sion only won lane cause of Warwick ganks... and I never got a single gank in the match.) Which you know, telling someone to not pick a champ against another champ can be valid.

But then this was Team Builder... How the fuck could I have known I was going to go up against a Sion. Can't tell the future dude. XD

The Lucian didn't ruin my dead, but did make me sort of annoyed. He was also one of those people who says. "I'm done." Anytime they or someone else messes up. Like for example, he was moving through the top enemy jungle to top lane, I was heading to him but then I saw on the map that their Janna, Cait, and Yasuo where following him. As he gets to top lane, Warwick squishes him and kills him.

Lucian then proceeds to bitch me out saying I need to pay attention to the map. But if I had gone in, then it wouldn't have just been Warwick...

But w/e.

I'm going to go make some Gnocchi and watch Blacklist.

Lucian is the new Vayne in term of entitled players. Everyone that takes the time during a game to type out about someone else's mistakes while not dead is usually wasting time/farm or both, which is pretty bad. Just ignore and move on!

Just got a fourth win today. Another fairly easy game although we almost threw. I think I'm done pushing my luck.

Tbh, day already changed for me so maybe I am bringing you luck! ;o If else, can always just play until one loss. After all, 4-1 would still be really good imo!

2 wins in a row with my mainstay Leona. Already back to promos.

One of the rare times when going for Baron actually worked out. Got it uncontested and had vision of them nearby, so jumped on them with numbers and pushed to victory since we already had an inhib down.

Bacon

It's amazing how much wards can help your team. I was playing jungle and was having a hard time securing kills so I just started putting wards at the enemy jungle entrances and the other jungler wasn't able to get anything going either.

The important thing is to ping your team when you do this though because no one looks at the map in silver.

drawkcaB

Before Ap/tank Maokai was a thing, people ran cdr and attack speed on Maokai jungle to heal and dps

You been using the old school runes or magic ones?

After I wrote my other post I went back in and went old school, same thinking as you. AS marks and AP quints. Started on chickens and put down 2x saplings before the camps spawned then threw my last sapling (threw two sapling at base to get my heal off after taking the first round of AAs from the camp). Maokai pretty annihilates that camp with that setup. From there I go wolves->Red(smite) or Blue (smite). Maokai's level 3 clear is pretty solid to setup a gank. He still gets roughed up when doing a double buff clear, but it's not so bad now.

What is interesting is the consequence of to that chicken camp annihilation. Level 2 at 2:01 and I'm full health, 50% mana, and right next to mid lane. Remember the terror of Maokai level 2 ganks in S2? Well, they're potentially back. An early level 2 isn't a big deal now that it's given by Chickens, Krugs, and Froggie, but what's exceptional about Maokai is that he's full health after it and a strong early ganker. Other champions are either a bit too low to try a level 2 gank or are full health after that first camp but aren't good level 2 gankers.

Kind of expecting chickens nerf w/ reduced XP from the camp before S5 officially kicks off.

I know both stances are good for different purposes when jungling, but do you think the single target damage from Tiger may be more valuable in the pre-season jungle or is there no real penalty/drawback for AoE clearing?

I used to think that single target damage was better when I first started because I had better luck with the likes of Nocturne, Trundle, etc. but after getting used to it I'd say this about as close to AoE = single target clear as Riot's gotten.

I did my Udyr run with Phoenix but throughout the whole thing I kept feeling that Tiger would have been just as fast. I'm finding less reasons to go Phoenix on Udyr than before, but I'd have to try it out.

zkylon

zkylewd
i really don't like the zilean nerf

like i appreciate the reasoning behind them but unlike twisted fate in that he had a weird support-like passive for a mid laner, i really like zilean being someone you pick partly because of the experience advantage

like it makes laning a bit more interesting knowing the other mid needs one less minion to reach 2 than me

wouldn't say it's a perfect or particularly healthy passive but i like it. same with old janna passive, tho janna's thing is i think made more interesting since it rewards her for roaming and for sticking with the team. new zilean passive is kinda wasted a lot now i feel

i dunno, i really think they should give him a proper w spell and change the way his bombs work a bit (bomb on ally is really cool, targeted bomb on enemy is not fun for zilean or his enemies)

I fucking can't stand smurfs. Just had an Udyr go 16-6-14 vs us. TF and I did fine of course, 14-8-forgottheassists, but he dominated the game. I asked him afterward and he said "sorry I had to, it's my friends bday"... please... fuck off you cunt.

Protip#1: You know how to tell if you're about to have a real fun, kick-asstastic game? When your Udyr fails a gank up top with Pantheon, they both die, and Udyr shouts "WHAT THE FUCK MATT?!" in the chat. Yeah. It was a good time.

Of course I had to support the next game, which is automatic loss. Actually about a 25% win rate last time I checked. Picked shitty Taric for some reason, lost.

Their support was a Zilean and did great. Taric does nothing except a crappy heal that's worthless except in early game, and then a little stun. That's it. He does no damage at all, no real utility, just shitty tiny passive bonuses for allies that are barely noticeable. They nerfed him into oblivion.

Newt

Of course I had to support the next game, which is automatic loss. Actually about a 25% win rate last time I checked. Picked shitty Taric for some reason, lost.

Their support was a Zilean and did great. Taric does nothing except a crappy heal that's worthless except in early game, and then a little stun. That's it. He does no damage at all, no real utility, just shitty tiny passive bonuses for allies that are barely noticeable. They nerfed him into oblivion.
4ed94df0762174b8422e8decae2ab616.png

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Look into a friend's game to see how he was doing in getting to silver.
Saw this:
So this is what bronze 1 is like.
Sion trying to dive for a kill like he's invincible.
Still failed afterwards with his passive on.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world

Their support was a Zilean and did great. Taric does nothing except a crappy heal that's worthless except in early game, and then a little stun.
Taric's heal actually scales exceptionally well, outside of the long cooldown (which gets reduced in combat of course). Maybe you prioritized abilities in an inefficient order. W > Q >E on ability leveling.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
It does nothing, just some crappy little passive bonus

Code:
PASSIVE: Taric reinforces his armor with gemstones, increasing his armor while Shatter is off cooldown. He also gains a 500-range aura, increasing his armor and allied champions' armor by 12% of his total armor.
ARMOR: 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 / 30
[U][B]ACTIVE: Taric shatters his gemstones, dealing magic damage to nearby enemies within 200-range and reducing their armor for 4 seconds.[/B][/U]
MAGIC DAMAGE: 40 / 80 / 120 / 160 / 200 (+ 20% armor)
ARMOR REDUCTION: 5 / 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 (+ 5% armor)

kFXavTP.png

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Maxing W provides defensive and offensive bonuses that allow Taric to function. It helps to diminish how much damage you take in lane, and is the best ability suited to Taric's burst potential. You are shredding most of a target's armor around level 9-10.

Code:
PASSIVE: Taric reinforces his armor with gemstones, increasing his armor while Shatter is off cooldown. He also gains a 500-range aura, increasing his armor and allied champions' armor by 12% of his total armor.
ARMOR: 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 / 30
[U][B]ACTIVE: Taric shatters his gemstones, dealing magic damage to nearby enemies within 200-range and reducing their armor for 4 seconds.[/B][/U]
MAGIC DAMAGE: 40 / 80 / 120 / 160 / 200 (+ 20% armor)
ARMOR REDUCTION: 5 / 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 (+ 5% armor)

kFXavTP.png

Maxing W provides defensive and offensive bonuses that allow Taric to function. It helps to diminish how much damage you take in lane, and is the best ability suited to Taric's burst potential. You are shredding most of a target's armor around level 9-10.
It really takes away that much armor? I didn't know.

Another problem is he's out of mana so fast.

lol @ that pic btw

Am I the only one that hates playing from the top-right base instead of bottom-left? The little bit of HUD on the bottom (and I've lowered size to minimum) makes me feel like I can't see shit coming at me. I know I'm probably just being paranoid.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Gonna learn mid lane. Been climbing lately (gold III now) and I don't trust myself to ADC or jungle anymore. Top is ok with Jax and Janna is still my ace in the hole but I just want to step up my game a bit. 2 soul crushing losses today after our last pick was forced into mid and didn't understand his lane/let enemy mid roam and control the map.

Been studying up on lane control, warding and pulling jungler aggro and watching the LoL lecture mid lane videos. Anyone got any suggestions for other theorycrafting stuff?

Also, the plan right now is to main Kennen but if anyone has suggestions for effective but low pick/ban rate I'd be happy.

Gonna learn mid lane. Been climbing lately (gold III now) and I don't trust myself to ADC or jungle anymore. Top is ok with Jax and Janna is still my ace in the hole but I just want to step up my game a bit. 2 soul crushing losses today after our last pick was forced into mid and didn't understand his lane/let enemy mid roam and control the map.

Been studying up on lane control, warding and pulling jungler aggro and watching the LoL lecture mid lane videos. Anyone got any suggestions for other theorycrafting stuff?

Also, the plan right now is to main Kennen but if anyone has suggestions for effective but low pick/ban rate I'd be happy.
Kennen? I haven't seen him in ages down here in Silver.

Newt

I'm pretty sure that guy just really doesn't know how to play support.
Didn't seem like either player in their bot knew what they were doing. Corki didn't abuse his early levels as much as he could have. He gave us way too much space.

Fracas

#fuckonami

Gotta go with the bird god, man. A good 85% of my games are Swain mid games. Build him bulky (RoA, Zhonyas, Rylai's). Be aggressive early; a full combo will do >50% of the other laner's health. Post-six, you can just all in basically whenever. His ult and passive can keep him in lane pretty much forever. You can easily 100-0 at level 6, if you have ignite. He can roam decently, and you'll definitely want to do that as he's pretty bad at taking towers.

He's my favorite champion and an absolute monster if you get any kind of lead. I'd say his mid game is one of the best in league. He's great to snowball with, too; a fed Swain can easily 1v2 or even 1v3. Tanky enough to initiate with more than enough burst to melt the other team's carry.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
No Kennen? Is he really that bad?

Definitely gonna look at Swain. I like Leblanc too but she seems too much feast or famine.

Malzahar looks enticing. Can push for days and trap opponent mid to prevent from roaming without the threat of losing turret.

Twisted Fate for lots of map pressure? Get that scrubby bot nice and fat?

Mid seems the most varied in terms of matchups. I have dozens of power differences to learn and to understand.

Edit: I do love Diana jungle. I'm gonna try her out in mid for sure.

brian!

tf is nice to learn for mid
if you are learning mid, having good waveclear will make the process a lot easier

rather than thinking about particular champs, think about champs who do particular things
but all of them will want to have some sort of waveclear, some way of being effective in a roam (to lane, to jungle), some way to get/contest dragons, etc.

Wow. Just played a game with an awful Lux up top, who built a spellthief's edge. We jokingly said "Are you a bot?" to which Morgana bottom said "Yeah. Sorry. Running a new app." What the fuck? We called her out on shitting on 20-30 minutes of our lives to test her shit. She, in return, called us a bunch of ni***rs. So....yeah. Reported her ass for the bot and the language. What a piece of shite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom