• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think it's time to discuss something serious:

Riot has the ugliest and most embarrassing logo in the gaming industry. It looks like a 12 year old white boy scribbled it on a notebook while listening to linkin park.

It makes sense, sure. I just find it kind of weird.

Like ARAM to me is a fun side mode that I'll play with friends every now and again for a bit of a laugh.

Min/maxing it just seems strange to me.
Yeah. It's supposed to be a fun, crazy mode, but people just want to max it out like they're playing ranked.

Sofo

i think it's time to discuss something serious:

Riot has the ugliest and most embarrassing logo in the gaming industry. It looks like a 12 year old white boy scribbled it on a notebook while listening to linkin park.

I couldn't agree more lol.

Also I checked and most of these people only had ARAM matches and mostly with champs that are decently good on ARAM so idk, maybe I'm paranoid but it seemed like that!

ARAM is just boring for me because it's basically like brawling, no thinking/strategy really (I'm sure someone could argue that though).

Idk about Doran Shield > Coin. I don't fully understand when that would work and when not, sorry, but if anyone is willing to explain, I'd love to know!

I tried installing the game again, and it's consistently frozen my computer every time I open the patcher.

I opened up a ticket to Riot, maybe they know what's happening ._. It might be my windows firewall but....it's silly that I'd have to disable that.

Edit-Yup, it was my windows firewall ._. well thats awkward.

Man. I had a cannon creep with Baron buff, further boosted by Banner of Command and Blood Boil, merrily splitpushing along with the Krug Execute buff, fending off Syndra and Soraka like best buds due to magic damage immunity...

Then the enemy Nunu just walked up and ate it. High spirits crushed.

BlazinAm

Man. I had a cannon creep with Baron buff, further boosted by Banner of Command and Blood Boil, merrily splitpushing along with the Krug Execute buff, fending off Syndra and Soraka like best buds due to magic damage immunity...

Then the enemy Nunu just walked up and ate it. High spirits crushed.
He was hungry man.

bidguy

Banned
so how do you get better at this game ? i played around 20 matches now, i win some i lose some but it seems like i get matched with extremely good players from time to time

i only bought ashe and tryndamere. tried veigar and ezreal but didnt like them very much. ashe is very fun to play if i can farm properly. still havent nailed last hitting yet

any tips for a beginner ?? been playing for a few days now

Mandoric

Banned
ARAM is just boring for me because it's basically like brawling, no thinking/strategy really (I'm sure someone could argue that though).

Honestly, that's kind of the draw for me. It's a sort of teamfight Hyperbolic Time Chamber where you get ten or fifteen big brawls at at least plausibly-winnable levels of fed, rather than experimenting on the Rift where you can easily be irrelevant by the time people start to converge.

so how do you get better at this game ? i played around 20 matches now, i win some i lose some but it seems like i get matched with extremely good players from time to time

i only bought ashe and tryndamere. tried veigar and ezreal but didnt like them very much. ashe is very fun to play if i can farm properly. still havent nailed last hitting yet

Play, play more, play even more, but stop playing for the day when you lose two in a row. Start to specialize when you find someone or something you like; follow the meta enough to know if it's strong or weak, and consider trying similar things that are stronger, but remember that up through low Diamond or so (so the bottom 97.5% of the playerbase) experience and intuition are around as good as minmaxing.

DeadNames

Banned
Azir's late game is broken, holy shit

I wish people would let me go top. Literally every time I'm not top I get some elo terrorist who has no idea how to play the lane.

Were those 20 matches in PvP or Co-op vs. AI? Practicing champions and last hitting in Co-op vs. AI isn't a bad idea.

Just played against a Sion who built Warmog first. He became so tanky so fast, and everyone kept focusing on him. He would imitate, my team would focus, and the rest of his team would tear us down. Super frustrating.

Why did I just cough up $35 dollars for this game.....Damn you, Riot Points! Enticing my laziness.

I'm banning. The following occurs in chat, in order:
2nd pick: jungle
3rd: ADC
4th: mid
5th: top

I main support. So everyone gets their role.

...And their last pick dodges.

SeigO

Banned
I just got my first ranked 4v5 win... so that's about a 1% winrate in 4v5's for me, not too shabby. Since I've never won one before in ranked I was pretty tilted and wanted to ff20 initially when my support rage quit the game. The enemy team pretty much had the worst team comp I've ever seen.

O07d7P1.jpg

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Played against a soraka mid today as swain. She can still shoot meteors all day and it hurts. It didn't help that I was ganked twice by nautilus. Still won the game, as annie dc'ed against a zed in top and bot was hyper fed.

Nev

Banned
That's what happens when you give the victorious skin to someone that is in the top 5 most awful models in need of a visual upgrade. Someone who has a lot of (good) skins on top of that.

Riot logic.

Musician

Ok! I think I'm finally starting to get Ahri! Took quite a few games to learn but she's real fun and powerful now.

I have a question about CDR, though. Usually I start DFG into Rabadabadoo,Void Staff or Zhonias depending on how it's going and who my opposing laner is. I consider these items my Core. However even with blue buff I'm only at 25% cdr.

It feels fine, as bursting someone down in a single combo is what it's all about, but during prolonged tf's I really feel that extra half second or so that 15% more cdr would save could be the difference between winning and losing.

I've seen some people build morellonomomo on her. Against regen teams, I guess?

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I always build morellicon on my mage/assassins as that is pretty much all you need for mana regen and to stop bullshit healings. I only stack mana for Ryze and Swain as they're the he ones that really need it.

Sofo

You know, at first I was sceptical when Zky mentioned Zed couldn't win games, but half the times you guys post pictures of Defeats in Ranked, there's a Zed with double-digit deaths.

I guess it doesn't help that some LCS streamers recommend him to carry games.. except you know, they have actual knowledge of the game. ;x

When I mid, which is rarely I just build Morello if no "relevant" APs or if there's Mundo or like you said, bullshit healings stuff. I really like the icon though!

Edit: Anyone else cringe when reading "what is the most op champ atm?" umph.

zkylon

zkylewd
Ok! I think I'm finally starting to get Ahri! Took quite a few games to learn but she's real fun and powerful now.

I have a question about CDR, though. Usually I start DFG into Rabadabadoo,Void Staff or Zhonias depending on how it's going and who my opposing laner is. I consider these items my Core. However even with blue buff I'm only at 25% cdr.

It feels fine, as bursting someone down in a single combo is what it's all about, but during prolonged tf's I really feel that extra half second or so that 15% more cdr would save could be the difference between winning and losing.

I've seen some people build morellonomomo on her. Against regen teams, I guess?
tbh i generally go for the athenes route as a rush item. ahri isn't the most mana hungry mid but i feel like rushing morellos is suboptimal. like you don't get the assassination potential of dfg or the unlimited waveclear of athenes, so it's not really that strong of an item on ahri. i recommend it better on someone like ori or syndra that can do a tear rush but on ahri i'd rather just get athenes if i'm needing the regen

if you want cdr the choice is really easy tho, stop being a silly dumbo and get yourself a blue pot

You know, at first I was sceptical when Zky mentioned Zed couldn't win games, but half the times you guys post pictures of Defeats in Ranked, there's a Zed with double-digit deaths.

I guess it doesn't help that some LCS streamers recommend him to carry games.. except you know, they have actual knowledge of the game. ;x

When I mid, which is rarely I just build Morello if no "relevant" APs or if there's Mundo or like you said, bullshit healings stuff. I really like the icon though!
zed is just too hard to pull off in yolo queue

stay away if you like winning

Her skirt needs a rework it really looks like its part of her skin
morg in general could use a rework, she looks dumb with like the bra and ziggy stardust makeup

like fallen angel has so much potential to be badass and we just get a goth chick with her top off

Bacon

I feel like the lol gods are smiling down upon me today. I've played three ranked games, one was a cake walk and the other two had afk's on the other team. I'll have to remember this when I have afk's and such on my team like I always seem to.

Now the question is do I keep playing, will karma turn around and get me back for all my good fortune. I know I said that I would be getting gold by tomorrow which is obviously ridiculous but I may be able to at least get to silver IV tonight.

Sofo

I feel like the lol gods are smiling down upon me today. I've played three ranked games, one was a cake walk and the other two had afk's on the other team. I'll have to remember this when I have afk's and such on my team like I always seem to.

Now the question is do I keep playing, will karma turn around and get me back for all my good fortune. I know I said that I would be getting gold by tomorrow which is obviously ridiculous but I may be able to at least get to silver IV tonight.

Wait until tomorrow so your daily luck resets! It's important to remember when enemy team gets an AFK or something. Like yesterday on normals for me, first we got an AFK, lost, next one enemy team was doing ultimate bravery shit, won.

And they said I lacked balance, HA!

Morg is just super ugly and dorky. Like her walking animation looks so terrible in that dress...

sleepykyo

Edit: Anyone else cringe when reading "what is the most op champ atm?" umph.

Hasn't Zed been fairly popular at worlds? The difference being coordinated teams are much better at split pushing than solo queue tams and they can normally switch in an ap top to diversify damage.

Sofo

Hasn't Zed been fairly popular at worlds? The difference being coordinated teams are much better at split pushing than solo queue tams and they can normally switch in an ap top to diversify damage.

Well obviously Zed works on a team of fully coordinated and mechanically expert people... What makes Zed lose isn't the champion itself, its the people that play it. I wouldn't trust anyone below Diamond (read as high Diamond) when they say "I'm a god at Zed".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom