• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
TF goes oom so fast but I like him.

Also, lol @ having skins from season 2 on champs you don't play. High Noon Twisted Fate says sup.

Ferga

Solo queue draft timer is so bad...

approximate waiting times of 8 minutes and actual queue times of 10-15 minutes. God damn nightmare.

In regard to TF, go double dorans or athenes depending on what you can and can't buy on your first back.

You don't need both. Delaying your large rod is not ideal on TF

Newt

b80af7a80cd5792177e2a17663174575.png

f297edb9b48a7da28adf53d3a3d0feea.png

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Had fun with Fizz mid against a Swain. He had a bit more roam pressure due to our bot lane playing really far up but I took his tower early. He kind of bullied me from a range but I managed to keep even with him in CS (though it was still horrid). I went on him full burst at 6 once but he scraped by with about 100 hp. Did notice he threw out his E often for harass so I figure the ideal time for an all in would be when that's on CD but Rengar jungle scares me.

I think I have a pretty good grasp on teamfighting as an assassin but my CSing, itemization and lane matchup knowledge has a lot of room for improvement.

drawkcaB

This fucking S5 jungle testing. You know you've jumped the shark once you've made a spreadsheet to organize your findings.

Finally tried out Sej...and it's not actually bad at all.

drawkcaB

Holy hell, after a few more tests the boar bitch is back! S4 jungle beats her up so much I didn't have much hope of her being good. But she's ace. Keeps up with every other tank jungler.

An interesting aspect that I found out tonight is that tank junglers want tank runes. This isn't S4 where even tanks cleared faster with damage oriented marks and quints. If you're a tank now, HP, armor, etc. quints are the runes to get.

I take back what I said on first impressions. I love the new jungle (although chicken, wolf and crab buffs still seem odd). Only major complaint is that I really, really feel the +AD it should be +CDR and not lifesteal. Different champions want different paths. Red-small camp-Blue-gank is dead a doorknob. Try that shit on certain champions and you'll die once you poke your head out in lane.

drawkcaB

Mine just randomly decides to do nothing for a good five minutes.

That happened to me for like, 5 patches in a row and went away since 4.17. Disabling/enabling my internet connection would jump start it up again.

I don't play Pantheon jungle, but I know a few of you guys do so I tested him out. Level 3 gank path ending at Red Buff (Toad->Wolves->Red Buff) had him at almost 100% hp remaining, but my mana was nearly exhausted. I don't really know how much mana Panth needs to gank, but I will say that I think I used Aegis too often in clearing. Probably could end up with 75% health and more than enough left over mana for a gank. If the gank isn't open at mid or bot he can clear Chickens->Krugs and hit level 4 comfortably before backing. Level 3 gank panth ending at Blue Buff (Toad->Wolves->Blue) put's him at about 75% health left after using both pots. Didn't really try him much beyond that. I have a feeling Panth players will have to resort to picking up the Destruction smite upgrade in order conserve mana when clearing.

heytred

Neo Member
Also, the plan right now is to main Kennen but if anyone has suggestions for effective but low pick/ban rate I'd be happy.

As a self proclaimed "Kennen Main" (I don't get to play him much because he's really weak right now... but I still do insanely well when I do) I'm here to tell you... don't play him mid. He's alright Top but only in certain matchups and a laner with TP will be the bane of existence, so... feel free to take that with a grain of salt, but I'd advise against playing him in the mid lane.

Edit: I do love Diana jungle. I'm gonna try her out in mid for sure.

Another member of the Diana jungle cult. It's going to be op as fuck next season. Really strong clears, better ganks with the new smite, should have a couple of build options too.

I'd really love for riot to rework her mobility a bit, but she's still awesome.

zkylon

zkylewd
Gonna learn mid lane. Been climbing lately (gold III now) and I don't trust myself to ADC or jungle anymore. Top is ok with Jax and Janna is still my ace in the hole but I just want to step up my game a bit. 2 soul crushing losses today after our last pick was forced into mid and didn't understand his lane/let enemy mid roam and control the map.

Been studying up on lane control, warding and pulling jungler aggro and watching the LoL lecture mid lane videos. Anyone got any suggestions for other theorycrafting stuff?

Also, the plan right now is to main Kennen but if anyone has suggestions for effective but low pick/ban rate I'd be happy.
i'd say kennen is not that great, really bad waveclear and just a weird champion for mid lane right now

i'd say a good champion to learn mid lane right now would be lulu, she's not the best but she's fairly easy to play so you can concentrate on learning how to lane, matchups, roaming, 2v2s, itemization, etc.

tf is nice to learn for mid
if you are learning mid, having good waveclear will make the process a lot easier

rather than thinking about particular champs, think about champs who do particular things
but all of them will want to have some sort of waveclear, some way of being effective in a roam (to lane, to jungle), some way to get/contest dragons, etc.
i think tf is kinda bad cos he's pretty hard to be effective with since his laning is so dependent on like player experience.

it's kinda like karthus where really good karthus players can shit on you like they were syndra or something but if you play him for the first time you're probably gonna have it rough

Ok I think support is the best way to climb. If you're a dominant support even the worst adcs can get ahead.
i agree, i think support's the best way to climb by far

I gotta say, ranked is all about luck.

Won my promos back to Silver IV: I only spent a day in Silver 5. After that long 70 minute game I lost, my next game was a total stomp: as MF I got a really good Nami and we all won our lanes.

This was the final one: http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1579335658/85040

I was glad the other ADC was Vayne, though I was a bit weary at laning Kog. Riven fed Irelia early game which wasn't great, but their Vayne kept running into range of my E and Kog was really good. We win our fights despite Irelia jumping Kog all the time. Then Vayne AFK's after we get an inhib but they hold us off at their nexus. If we lost after that I probably would've uninstalled, but Vayne didn't come back and we just pushed and won.

Felt bad for the other Irelia and Morg though: they played well but got stuck with a bad Vayne that let Kog spiral out of control. The Riven flaming the other team as we won in spite of her didn't help.

EDIT: Also leaning back towards Leona over Morgana as my preferred support. If the other lane hugs minions I can't land any snares. Then again Leona's E isn't that hard to juke either.

Sofo

How often can you guys get support on ranked? Because I would love to main it but I am still brushing up and expanding the other roles, don't want to be the sole cause of a loss because I can't play other roles. ;x

Newt

How often can you guys get support on ranked? Because I would love to main it but I am still brushing up and expanding the other roles, don't want to be the sole cause of a loss because I can't play other roles. ;x
You can get support in like 80% of your games if you want it.

heytred

Neo Member
I gotta say, ranked is all about luck.

Won my promos back to Silver IV: I only spent a day in Silver 5. After that long 70 minute game I lost, my next game was a total stomp: as MF I got a really good Nami and we all won our lanes.

This was the final one: http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1579335658/85040

I was glad the other ADC was Vayne, though I was a bit weary at laning Kog. Riven fed Irelia early game which wasn't great, but their Vayne kept running into range of my E and Kog was really good. We win our fights despite Irelia jumping Kog all the time. Then Vayne AFK's after we get an inhib but they hold us off at their nexus. If we lost after that I probably would've uninstalled, but Vayne didn't come back and we just pushed and won.

Felt bad for the other Irelia and Morg though: they played well but got stuck with a bad Vayne that let Kog spiral out of control. The Riven flaming the other team as we won in spite of her didn't help.

Congrats! My best friend had this exact thing happen to him a few days ago... he finally broke through the Bronze wall and made it into Silver V... he didn't drop a game in Silver V, went immediately into promos and made it into Silver IV the very next day.

But I disagree, I don't think it's all luck...

Leezard

You can get support in like 80% of your games if you want it.

In higher ranks, only if you queue as a premade. If not, you are going to get other premade bot lanes that cannot play anything other than those roles, and they probably cannot play bot either.

zkylon

zkylewd
you can get it easy almost every time

just dodge if you get a lane you know you'll 100% lose or something (like me against tryndamere)

sleepykyo

Maybe at higher elos it is contested, down here it is easily least popular.

Leezard

I'm thinking of switching from EUNE and i have few questions:
1- Is it stable ?
2- Everyone speak english ingame ?

In my experience it is very stable ever since the Amsterdam servers; server problems are rare now.

Most people speak English in my experience. I can't remember the last time I had obvious non-English speakers at least.

I used to think that single target damage was better when I first started because I had better luck with the likes of Nocturne, Trundle, etc. but after getting used to it I'd say this about as close to AoE = single target clear as Riot's gotten.

I did my Udyr run with Phoenix but throughout the whole thing I kept feeling that Tiger would have been just as fast. I'm finding less reasons to go Phoenix on Udyr than before, but I'd have to try it out.
Fair enough. Was just wondering since unlike previous pre-seasons, Riot hadn't really commented on the balance between single target and AoE damage. Guess it may also be a non-issue anyways with how the machete / Smite upgrades have been designed to help compensate for weaknesses or specialize in key strengths.

Am I the only one that hates playing from the top-right base instead of bottom-left? The little bit of HUD on the bottom (and I've lowered size to minimum) makes me feel like I can't see shit coming at me. I know I'm probably just being paranoid.
Scale down your HUD in the Options menu if you haven't already? That said, Riot does know the camera perspective is a little iffy on Live and it's something they've fixed with the new Summoner's Rift, so soon™.

Holy hell, after a few more tests the boar bitch is back! S4 jungle beats her up so much I didn't have much hope of her being good. But she's ace. Keeps up with every other tank jungler.

An interesting aspect that I found out tonight is that tank junglers want tank runes. This isn't S4 where even tanks cleared faster with damage oriented marks and quints. If you're a tank now, HP, armor, etc. quints are the runes to get.

I take back what I said on first impressions. I love the new jungle (although chicken, wolf and crab buffs still seem odd). Only major complaint is that I really, really feel the +AD it should be +CDR and not lifesteal. Different champions want different paths. Red-small camp-Blue-gank is dead a doorknob. Try that shit on certain champions and you'll die once you poke your head out in lane.
I'm curious: what runes and masteries are you running on Sejuani exactly?

Crab buff is rather uninteresting, yeah. There should be any kind of counter-play after it's been killed so that there's at least some decision-making involved; have it leave a ghostly after-image that can be targetted for example so that the enemy can snuff it out, which in turn might press members of the opposing team to help defend their 'free' vision. Certain junglers also don't need much time at all to go after it, skewing the risk-reward; all Nunu needs at first is less than a handful of auto-attacks and then Consume it, which Cho'gath can also mimick to some extent post-6. There's no real danger for them being caught off-guard with how beefy the crab is for other junglers. Wolf buff needs something else: it's only alright-ish very early on if you fear the enemy invading you and after that you just ignore it unless there's nothing else to Smite when counter-jungling (just so you have vision on the other jungler). Growing fond of the Chicken buff though: it's pretty good for when you're intending to counter-jungle, fishing for ganks or looking to set up dragons since you'll know for a fact whether a ward would otherwise tip you off and none of the other buffs (save for red) would be particularly compelling to pick up for those situations.

I'm fine with the AD + lifesteal machete upgrade. Contemplating using it on Trundle since his general build + skill set lends him easy access to attack speed, and I can see it being useful for select junglers as well like possibly Udyr (unless he's going pure tank instead of offense + defense), Shaco and a few other AA-centric champions. I wouldn't really like CDR slapped onto it personally, but I haven't played too many matches yet so I may change my stance on this.

Tizoc

Getting used to Vlad is gonna take a while...I don't like that his main build is Spell Vamp item+Rylai+Linadry+Spirit Visage+Hourglass/tank much too.

Poppy needs a rework already.

i really don't like the zilean nerf

like i appreciate the reasoning behind them but unlike twisted fate in that he had a weird support-like passive for a mid laner, i really like zilean being someone you pick partly because of the experience advantage

like it makes laning a bit more interesting knowing the other mid needs one less minion to reach 2 than me

wouldn't say it's a perfect or particularly healthy passive but i like it. same with old janna passive, tho janna's thing is i think made more interesting since it rewards her for roaming and for sticking with the team. new zilean passive is kinda wasted a lot now i feel

i dunno, i really think they should give him a proper w spell and change the way his bombs work a bit (bomb on ally is really cool, targeted bomb on enemy is not fun for zilean or his enemies)

You make a good point, his passive hardly is a game changer or game breaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom