• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
6% spellvamp runes + jungle morg in pbe.

clear a camp, gank at lvl 2 or clear a second camp, back to buy aoe smite trinket, your smite now keeps you sustained.

Sofo

Thanks for the answers! I can defend myself on normals but I am far from experienced in ranked in other roles (or support for that matter).

I am on EUW as well! Most people speak english, you will always find the odd french/spanish/german douche though, who think that nobody can understand when they are shittalking.

Anyone know what the cutoff for receiving rewards for a certain tier is? I was Diamond earlier this year(July 28th was the last game I played), however I've decayed to Plat 2. Is it going to be like last year where you had to be a rank from a certain time from a year? Or is it different this year?

Anyone know what the cutoff for receiving rewards for a certain tier is? I was Diamond earlier this year(July 28th was the last game I played), however I've decayed to Plat 2. Is it going to be like last year where you had to be a rank from a certain time from a year? Or is it different this year?
You'll get the rewards for the tier you are at the moment, not your highest.

So yeah, if you're still Plat 2 by Nov 11th you'll be getting the Plat stuff.

zkylon

zkylewd
interesting worlds picks info

17960-champion_page_infographic001_by_bli08-d82ajvr.jpg

17962-fullchamps1.jpg

17963-fullchamps2.jpg

not surprising zilean, janna and ryze are getting nerfed, and yasuu and alistar already have.

irelia, rengar and twitch also have pretty high numbers

very interesting to see nidalee so low considering how much ppl like montecristo were saying worlds was gonna revolve around her. trist, also.

and you can tell how through worlds ppl realized how to beat rumble and put down his numbers.

sleepykyo

interesting worlds picks info

17960-champion_page_infographic001_by_bli08-d82ajvr.jpg

17962-fullchamps1.jpg

17963-fullchamps2.jpg

not surprising zilean, janna and ryze are getting nerfed, and yasuu and alistar already have.

irelia, rengar and twitch also have pretty high numbers

very interesting to see nidalee so low considering how much ppl like montecristo were saying worlds was gonna revolve around her. trist, also.

and you can tell how through worlds ppl realized how to beat rumble and put down his numbers.

Looks at Rengar and Ali win rates. Who is it that is making everyone afraid of the cow?

You'll get the rewards for the tier you are at the moment, not your highest.

So yeah, if you're still Plat 2 by Nov 11th you'll be getting the Plat stuff.

Here we go again. I just remember, it was Season 2 that had a huge window for tier rewards.....or was it Season 3? Good lord it's been a while. Obviously the first thing I will do is jump in ranked and go in raw!

I finally finished updating PBE. I have no idea what I'm doing in the jungle.

I feel that Poacher's Knife and Ranger's Trailblazer has some kind of overlap with their niche. :/

Nev

Banned
So I'm playing a normal game with bip, he engages on a 1v3 on mid as Vayne, he gets rekt and shortly after I type: "gosu?"

He muted me lol.

le bip

Neo Member
So I'm playing a normal game with bip, he engages on a 1v3 on mid as Vayne, he gets rekt and shortly after I type: "gosu?"

He muted me lol.

The fact that you're reporting such an episode in this thread, on top of the fact that you're giving an half assed truth at best, actually proves me right in thinking that your company is unhealthy.

@costy:

tpOsfvU.png

tZQLZJH.png

Hi im bip

Nev

Banned
I think you might have a problem. The amount of seriousness you apply to negligible and inoffensive things is not quite normal.

le bip

Neo Member
I think you might have a problem. The amount of seriousness you apply to negligible and inoffensive things is not quite normal.

Choosing to keep arguing in a public thread instead of a private chat seems worse to me but hey, I guess everybody here is interested so go on!

Sofo

i think all the alistar losses were on the hands of freddy when sk was playing with a sub jungler

or other low tier teams

I think that on the DP vs SSW (Imp Penta) there was an Alistar there too, but I am unsure if it was support or top!

Hi I'm Sofo. o__o

Nev

Banned
Choosing to keep arguing in a public thread instead of a private chat seems worse to me but hey, I guess everybody here is interested so go on!

There's nothing to argue about, I just posted a funny in-game event, which is indeed funny for anyone who doesn't take a normal sunday game too seriously. Do you know what fun is? I swear you're salty and overly defensive all the time.

sticker,375x360.u3.png

Sofo

I don't know how you guys feel about boxbox, but he's doing a 24hr stream unranked > Diamond. Currently on placement matches. Kinda scary to encounter someone like this while ranking @_@

wtf, match ended and neither of the supports had Sighstone? Around 1370 MMR I'd expect people to rush Sighstone yeah?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I don't know how you guys feel about boxbox, but he's doing a 24hr stream unranked > Diamond. Currently on placement matches. Kinda scary to encounter someone like this while ranking @_@

wtf, match ended and neither of the supports had Sighstone? Around 1370 MMR I'd expect people to rush Sighstone yeah?
He's trying to ban Maokai and nobody on the enemy team owns him.

sleepykyo

Guess it is a timely reminder for anyone that thinks it is all luck. His previous placement match was a two support bot since the adc only owned trist which was banned out.

dimb

Boxbox losing lane in his placement matches makes turning this on very worthwhile.

Sofo

He's trying to ban Maokai and nobody on the enemy team owns him.

Oh so that's what was happening! lol I thought you could ban anything regardless of the people owning them.

Guess it is a timely reminder for anyone that thinks it is all luck. His previous placement match was a two support bot since the adc only owned trist which was banned out.

To be honest he has acknowledged that anyone that is high elo (and even lower than he is) could go 15/0 on that game, but yeah, it sure is scary lol. I really hope I never encounter a smurf such as this @_@

So what's the Alistar top lane build?

E: Just did some google searches... wait a minute, AD Ali "bruiser" top lane is the build? No fuckin' way? Statikk Shiv, Triforce, etc...

So guys.

I don't think I'm going to have time to get to gold in solo queue this season. Being frustratingly busy with work and with less time than I hoped for during the weekend have lead to me only being able to do about 30 ranked matches total this season and I even lost some elo due to inactivity. I'm still getting matched up against high golds, plats and diamonds in normals, but I just haven't had the time to match that in ranked.

Would anyone be willing to help via 3-man TT squad? Last year on the last day (lol) we started a ranked 3's campaign and finished at the Gold qualifier series. I think that was about 4 hours of play total. Certainly if we start now (instead of the last day), we can probably have it knocked out with quite a bit of time to spare.

Any takers? Ya boi would be greatly appreciative.

dimb

So what's the Alistar top lane build?

E: Just did some google searches... wait a minute, AD Ali "bruiser" top lane is the build? No fuckin' way? Statikk Shiv, Triforce, etc...
It doesn't work anymore. He used to be able to auto on his headbutt, so you could push people away and they wouldn't be able to retaliate, but you would get off Sheen/Shiv damage.

So guys.

I don't think I'm going to have time to get to gold in solo queue this season. Being frustratingly busy with work and with less time than I hoped for during the weekend have lead to me only being able to do about 30 ranked matches total this season and I even lost some elo due to inactivity. I'm still getting matched up against high golds, plats and diamonds in normals, but I just haven't had the time to match that in ranked.

Would anyone be willing to help via 3-man TT squad? Last year on the last day (lol) we started a ranked 3's campaign and finished at the Gold qualifier series. I think that was about 4 hours of play total. Certainly if we start now (instead of the last day), we can probably have it knocked out with quite a bit of time to spare.

Any takers? Ya boi would be greatly appreciative.

I'm willing to help out. What's your in-game name?

Bacon

Qualified for silver 4 promos. On a five game ranked win streak. I've played adc, support and jungle during this run. Diversity!

drawkcaB

Guess it may also be a non-issue anyways with how the machete / Smite upgrades have been designed to help compensate for weaknesses or specialize in key strengths.

Pretty much.

Trundle is so beast. 3:00 level 3 clear with nearly full health and a pot leftover.

I'm curious: what runes and masteries are you running on Sejuani exactly?

AS reds, Armor Yellows, 3xMR blues, x6 CDR blues, Flat health quints.

(I know that HP yellows and Armor quints are better, but I ran out of IP in the PBE. I'll have to wait until the Riot gods give me a top up).

Pretty sure runes were my tank set. 9/21/0. CDR and AD masteries in the offensive tree. Typical jungle masteries in the defensive tree.

Crab buff is rather uninteresting, yeah. There should be any kind of counter-play after it's been killed so that there's at least some decision-making involved; have it leave a ghostly after-image that can be targetted for example so that the enemy can snuff it out, which in turn might press members of the opposing team to help defend their 'free' vision. Certain junglers also don't need much time at all to go after it, skewing the risk-reward; all Nunu needs at first is less than a handful of auto-attacks and then Consume it, which Cho'gath can also mimick to some extent post-6. There's no real danger for them being caught off-guard with how beefy the crab is for other junglers. Wolf buff needs something else: it's only alright-ish very early on if you fear the enemy invading you and after that you just ignore it unless there's nothing else to Smite when counter-jungling (just so you have vision on the other jungler). Growing fond of the Chicken buff though: it's pretty good for when you're intending to counter-jungle, fishing for ganks or looking to set up dragons since you'll know for a fact whether a ward would otherwise tip you off and none of the other buffs (save for red) would be particularly compelling to pick up for those situations.

Sort of feel like Wolves and Chickens should be the same buff. Wolf is so useless. Pretty sure the damn thing doesn't even give vision on Blue camp. How does the crab vision field work anyways? Does it only reveal what's immediately inside the circle? If that's the case, then at least gank heavy junglers can back off before becoming visible, or get cheeky and go around it via dashes/blinks.

I'm fine with the AD + lifesteal machete upgrade. Contemplating using it on Trundle since his general build + skill set lends him easy access to attack speed, and I can see it being useful for select junglers as well like possibly Udyr (unless he's going pure tank instead of offense + defense), Shaco and a few other AA-centric champions. I wouldn't really like CDR slapped onto it personally, but I haven't played too many matches yet so I may change my stance on this.

It's not that it's bad, and it's probably some bias on my part considering the junglers I play, but LS isn't as good as CDR on Vi, Xin, Rengar...AD Nautilus...but then again they can make use of the AS on-hit upgrade to varying effectiveness, and new health upgrade is better than dumb ol' SotAG. I'll adapt. I just think CDR benefits a larger swath of champions.

Bob White

OK, finally updated my PBE. What's this I hear about level 6 skarner around the 5 min mark? I can't seem to find it on the previous pages.

Time to flex my muscles again and move to a new role. I play a ton of mid, love me support, and have recently gotten jungle in. Now I'm ready to learn AD Carry. I'd prefer to play an AD Carry that you see the other team has picked and go "Son of a bitch...."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom