• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
Ahri_Splash_0.jpg

ZKYLON ALARM

tons more splashes here: http://www.surrenderat20.net/2014/10/1013-pbe-update.html

but who gives a fuck

edit: a couple more here too: http://www.reignofgaming.net/news/29887-unofficial-pbe-patch-notes-for-10-13-2014-11-new

Ocho

Flash on F because I'm a superior normal human being with full control of his fingers aka my index finger rests on F and the other 3 are used for QWE. Also F FOR FLASH c'mon guys #logic.

pigeon

Banned
That huge grin is actually going to be amazing next to the Triple Kill banner. Although I feel like the saluting hand is going to clip in a weird way.

That huge grin is actually going to be amazing next to the Triple Kill banner. Although I feel like the saluting hand is going to clip in a weird way.
They'll probably just do a different art with no background for the face icon like other champions instead of just cropping it.

pigeon

Banned
I do feel like they're pushing a little hard on the "make the champion look like they are about to murder somebody" art direction. Teemo is going to be difficult to draw in a menacing fashion.

Nev

Banned
Wow, these splash are incredibly awesome. My only complaint is that they're all a bit too blueish, but I love how they decided (or looks like they did) to make the females faces slighty distinct (Janna and Championship Shyvana don't have the generic LoL face), let's hope they keep them. That, and that half these champions totally need a VU and they will now look so terrible ingame compared to their new splashes.

Ezreal splash is impressive, the best by far. Wukong kinda sucks tho.

Einbroch

Banned
New fonts, new map, new splash, new launcher, new 975 skins.

Riot has REALLY, REALLY stepped up their production value. Look at the overlays for Worlds and then look at the UI/overlays/etc for the PBE. The difference is absolutely massive and makes it look really professional.

I'm super impressed with Riot lately. Earlier this year I was on the verge of quitting, but damn, they're really trying.

Wow they are getting so good at this.

I like the new Wukong splash, it has so much character... I guess taken directly from Sun Wukong.

I wonder why they decided Shen is evil.

I forgot who voiced concern about it earlier in this thread, but Sion is fine in the PBE jungle right now. Only has to worry about mana.

Oh my god, how did I take so long to realize which kit Riot ripped off this time? And I've playing that specific plagiarized god for some time... I dissapointed myself.

Today, in Extremely Original Riot Games Work we feature Sion, the champion with the exact same aspect as Garrosh from World of Warcraft and the exact same kit as Kumbhakarna, the Smite god released months ago!

Never change Riot.
You're being ironic, right? Garrosh is not only an already common archetype / design (even prior to World of Warcraft's existence), but Blizzard themselves are even more blatant at shamelessly copying designs from another source. It's their entire fuckin' business.

zkylon

zkylewd
http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/features/upcoming-changes-refer-friend

now if you referred more than 5 ppl you don't get anything extra

but if you referred a couple friends like most ppl you get a bit of ip (1k per friend isn't so bad) and you can get ww skin at 3 friends and twitch skins at 5

i hope i didn't refer more than 2 friends, i don't want warwick in my account

Wow, these splash are incredibly awesome. My only complaint is that they're all a bit too blueish, but I love how they decided (or looks like they did) to make the females faces slighty distinct (Janna and Championship Shyvana don't have the generic LoL face), let's hope they keep them.
agreed, which is why i think they should've pushed ahri's korean flair a bit more

zkylon

zkylewd
I do feel like they're pushing a little hard on the "make the champion look like they are about to murder somebody" art direction. Teemo is going to be difficult to draw in a menacing fashion.

ahri sure looks whatever she's gonna do isn't murder :x

zky reddit thinks the rainbow thingy about Lux in the Darius video is a clue to something

There enjoy the false hope

yah that totes gave me nosebleeds

The splashes are really in your face, it seems. Kind of reminds me when 3D was taking off in theatres and some movies were really intent in throwing things towards the viewer.

drawkcaB

It will have a huge impact on playstyle. In terms of champion picks...Lee Sin will obviously be a god. Invasion and wall hopping will be king, and stuff like the crab vision buff will only make it harder on limited mobility junglers.

Yeah, I was mostly thinking of picks. If Riot's goal was to diversify picks then it's failure. At some point Riot is going to have to come to grips with the fact that certain champions just need buffs, that not everything wrong with the jungle is down to some high level system not working as intended. FFS they nerfed Naut's and Sej's W in S3 for no reason and Skarner's 2nd rework was nerfed within a patch while the usual suspects went untouched.

It's frustrating.

Have you tried out zac? Love his kit but he is quite weak right now. Would love to see him get played in season 5.

No, not yet. He's probably no different than most other tank junglers.

Musician

I have no idea what Ahri's expression is supposed to be. My only guess is she has the blank-faced stare of someone who just ulted into a blitz hook.

Oh wait! Those red things are Zyra plants. Close enough.

Trundle is so beast. 3:00 level 3 clear with nearly full health and a pot leftover.

AS reds, Armor Yellows, 3xMR blues, x6 CDR blues, Flat health quints.

(I know that HP yellows and Armor quints are better, but I ran out of IP in the PBE. I'll have to wait until the Riot gods give me a top up).

Pretty sure runes were my tank set. 9/21/0. CDR and AD masteries in the offensive tree. Typical jungle masteries in the defensive tree.

Sort of feel like Wolves and Chickens should be the same buff. Wolf is so useless. Pretty sure the damn thing doesn't even give vision on Blue camp. How does the crab vision field work anyways? Does it only reveal what's immediately inside the circle? If that's the case, then at least gank heavy junglers can back off before becoming visible, or get cheeky and go around it via dashes/blinks.

It's not that it's bad, and it's probably some bias on my part considering the junglers I play, but LS isn't as good as CDR on Vi, Xin, Rengar...AD Nautilus...but then again they can make use of the AS on-hit upgrade to varying effectiveness, and new health upgrade is better than dumb ol' SotAG. I'll adapt. I just think CDR benefits a larger swath of champions.
The best part about Trundle in the new jungle is how flexible his build options have become, comparatively speaking. Right now on Season 4 he only really has the Madreds line; less than stellar on its own due to all the nerfs, but in spite of that still a better choice than Elder Lizard and Ancient Golem overall. Compare that to pre-season 5: three out of the four Machete upgrades as well as three out of the four Enchantments can be put to good use depending on how you want to level your skills (rune finetuning included), whether counter-jungling is realistic and what role you need to fill on the team. There's a lot for him to work with right now on the current PBE build on top of him still being really self-sustainable (barring mana).

Also kind of surprised at Sejuani, with your set-up. Still has it a little rough initially (albeit without a leash), but after the first back she's fine.

Crab vision is weird. Its radius expands a little beyond the movement speed circle and the circle itself doesn't even stay there for the entire duration either. You could be passing through the river and being none the wiser that the crab reward is still active, beyond no longer seeing its icon on the minimap. It's very haphazardly put together and needs further iterations.

Vi and Rengar are more skill-oriented than pure auto-attackers though, but Xin's kind of between so it may be situational on him. Nocturne would've been a better example for a jungler that might like the AD + lifesteal enchantment in the right situation, but like I said there's only a select few that come to mind right now relative to the other enchantments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom