• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadNames

Banned
Literally cannot stand Riven/Zed/Yasuo/Vayne players who say outplayed.

Like I'm sorry I'm not playing a champion with retarded damage and like 3000 gapclosers lol.

drawkcaB

The best part about Trundle in the new jungle is how flexible his build options have become, comparatively speaking. Right now on Season 4 he only really has the Madreds line; less than stellar on its own due to all the nerfs, but in spite of that still a better choice than Elder Lizard and Ancient Golem overall. Compare that to pre-season 5: three out of the four Machete upgrades as well as three out of the four Enchantments can be put to good use depending on how you want to level your skills (rune finetuning included), whether counter-jungling is realistic and what role you need to fill on the team. There's a lot for him to work with right now on the current PBE build on top of him still being really self-sustainable (barring mana).

Yup, gonna be beast. Hard to believe he's my current fastest to level 3.

Also kind of surprised at Sejuani, with your set-up. Still has it a little rough initially (albeit without a leash), but after the first back she's fine.

Dunno if you're doing this already, but try this route:

Gromp->Wolves->Blue Buff (Back)
Krug->Red Buff

Despite the back, you'll still reach level 4 faster than a straight level 4 run with no back (4:05 for me) and with nearly full health. I really love that route because if a gank opportunity isn't open after Red Buff, you can continue on to Chickens->Blue Buff->Gromp for level 5 and another gank opportunity.

Crab vision is weird. Its radius expands a little beyond the movement speed circle and the circle itself doesn't even stay there for the entire duration either. You could be passing through the river and being none the wiser that the crab reward is still active, beyond no longer seeing its icon on the minimap. It's very haphazardly put together and needs further iterations.

As dimb pointed out, crab seems like a possible nail in the coffin for tank junglers. 'Cause if I'm someone like Lee Sin or Nunu (as you pointed out) if going to nab it to royally fuck them. What are they going to do? Duel you for it? You come out of the jungle with more health on top of being a straight up better duelist anyways.

I'll say it again, maybe after two years and two kicks at the can Riot will finally just buff jungle tanks' early game.

Jeff-DSA

Just want to throw this out there for people who are trying to push hard to get to Gold but feel like they're being held back by teammates. I used to get pretty mad at my teammates, and I blamed them hard for losing because "I won my lane," or "I was 5-0-0 and my team was 5-20." It took lots of harsh (but polite) criticism from GAF to make me shut up about it and fix my play.

There are two types of big games you can personally have. 1. Carrying, and 2. Snowballing. There's a huge difference between the two.

Snowballing

First, let's talk snowballing. Snowballing is when you get an advantage in lane and you push that advantage to the point where you're essentially an unstoppable killing machine. Nobody can handle you 1v1, and most of the time they'll be afraid of a 2v1 fight as well. You have a full item or two advantage over anybody, and your damage/tankiness level is unmatched. Basically you're a terror on the battlefield, but it doesn't mean that you're going to win the game, because you're just one lane that got an advantage.

You can snowball, but your team might either suffer because you've hogged kills, have ignored objectives to increase your snowball potential, or you've failed to do anything constructive with your lead. When you do make something great out of your advantage, you start...

Carrying.

Carrying is where you're playing so well that you make up for the deficiencies in your team so well that you essentially carry them across the finish line to victory. You might have terrible teammates, but it doesn't matter because you're that much better in this match than anybody else playing. People might snowball, but to carry, they need to use that advantage to push their teammates to an advantage as well or make it easy for the team to take objectives while thwarting the enemy team's efforts.

If you lost, you didn't carry, you snowballed.

If you want to start carrying, start using your advantage to benefit the team, not just to rack up kills. Kills are fun, and you can have an awesome KDA, but that's no good if you're going let your team lose. Buy more wards, frustrate the enemy jungler, roam, push lanes to force the other team to defend in more than one area, position correctly in team fights, and again, BUY MORE WARDS. Even if your team is bad, the extra vision will keep them out of trouble when you're not around. It's hard, but do it.

Given that, sometimes it's not possible to carry a team because they're simply that terrible or you get an AFK teammate or something. That happens. Even if you're truly much better than everybody in the game, you can't always carry.

Also, be wary of high snowball potential champions that suck late game unless you're confident that you can end the game quickly based on the strength of you getting ahead. I play a lot of Katarina, and I know that the longer the match goes the harder it gets. Feel free to play those champs, but you gotta start pushing objectives as soon as it's safe to roam from your lane.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Ezreal looks like he's about to sit in a chair

And yes, permaban Trist and Lucian if you can, if nothing else to pull out some Corki/Cait/Jinx/Kog picks.

Bacon

I'm having a hard enough time identifying portraits in game at this point and they just keep changing more! You can't do this to me Rito this is hard on my brain.

Nekofrog

Banned
jinx_master_race-91532.gif

literally my most favorite thing of eveything ever

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Played Lissandra 7 games now on the mid lane in team builder. Averaging 10/5/10. I got laning down (minus getting better at CS) and roaming to an extent but I think I have trouble positioning because I've still only won 3 of those 7 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom