• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm Fiora fan #1, but I wouldn't recommend her for someone who is learning and doesn't have the proper runes to run with her. She's not the easiest to lane with right now with all the ranged AP tops running around.
Someone who is learning the game will be playing against others that are also learning the game, what do you expect rookies to do, pick Maokai? Itemize properly? lol

They'll sit there and eat 100+AD autos with 18 armor.

Newt

Yeah, but you're good at the game. I have around a 56%-60% win rate with her in ranked, but it's been harder the last handful of patches than before. I still love to use her, don't get me wrong, but she's in a weird spot in the current meta unless you can get free and start roaming early.
She has the 4th highest winrate in the game. Above her are Amumu/Rammus (who are just unbalanced champions riot likes to ignore) and Sona who has always been a strong pick.

Jeff-DSA

Someone who is learning the game will be playing against others that are also learning the game, what do you expect rookies to do, pick Maokai? Itemize properly? lol

They'll sit there and eat 100+AD autos with 18 armor.

That's actually not a bad point. I just think of a lot of the beginner top laners like Darius and Renekton and those are bad match ups for her. But yeah, you can probably Q, E, R someone down in the scrub leagues.

Leezard

remember when elementz made the tier list everyone used

NA and EU meta was so different at the time. Elementz's tier list was hilarious from an EU perspective. Later on NA switched to the EU meta so I guess it was hilarious from all points of views later on.

Tried Sona in Team Builder. Her early game poke is really good, though to be honest I shouldn't be able to zone a good Leona (she should just go in and wreck me). Ran into mana problems by spamming Q too much and she melts if she gets caught. Also wasn't sure what to build on her after Talisman and Sightstone: I went CDR boots with Chalice into Crucible, but maybe there are tankier options? Despite me maxing Q first I found her damage really tailed off in mid game. Then again the other team was really fed so it wasn't the best indicator of her abilities.

Just want to throw this out there for people who are trying to push hard to get to Gold but feel like they're being held back by teammates. I used to get pretty mad at my teammates, and I blamed them hard for losing because "I won my lane," or "I was 5-0-0 and my team was 5-20." It took lots of harsh (but polite) criticism from GAF to make me shut up about it and fix my play.

There are two types of big games you can personally have. 1. Carrying, and 2. Snowballing. There's a huge difference between the two.

Forgot to comment on this. I agree that I've been in a lot of games where one team snowballs but can't carry. As a support main I haven't had much experience carrying and I find myself too passive in general. I can get the ADC ahead but if they insist on farming instead of going for objectives and have zero impact in team fights, there's nothing I can really do (to be fair, I've been guilty of the same when I'm ADC). To compensate, I've started roaming and shot calling instead of tailing the ADC everywhere. Warding and sweeping is really helpful for pinpointing a teamfight advantage or an open objective.

zkylon

zkylewd
Tried Sona in Team Builder. Her early game poke is really good, though to be honest I shouldn't be able to zone a good Leona (she should just go in and wreck me). Ran into mana problems by spamming Q too much and she melts if she gets caught. Also wasn't sure what to build on her after Talisman and Sightstone: I went CDR boots with Chalice into Crucible, but maybe there are tankier options? Despite me maxing Q first I found her damage really tailed off in mid game. Then again the other team was really fed so it wasn't the best indicator of her abilities.

i would get spellthief with sona rather than talisman. get yourself some fighting power. also boots 5, cdr boots end up being a waste since everything that you'll get gives you cdr (mikaels, your gp10 item, locket, frozen heart)

lately i've been experimenting with low tankiness builds on her but it really didn't work so well, so imma go back to 0 14 16 and building her straight tank

i've been enjoying getting blue pots with supports tho, tried it on sona and thresh and felt like a pretty good investment

his tier list was always kind of wack but it made him so much money
dude fukked up when he sold reign of gaming to crs
It's kind of amusing how Elementz just disappeared after that.

His tier lists would be really important occurences, now all he does is go on reddit every 6 months to post a video to bitch about how solo Q sucks and he can't leave diamond 4.

brian!

he announces his comeback pretty constantly too
i think he's in the extension tournament thing for lcs

oh he's just coaching the new coast team

dude is great
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryH2xZLno3U

i think both clg and crs were on top when he was on the team too haha

oh man remember when he made that video complaining about sainvicious in the backyard of the house at night that was great

brian!

7I0JO.jpg

hellementz meme was great too

need a gold EUW top laner for 3 v 3 today. Need to get working on getting the ranked team ward skin and maybe hit Plat
I'd be tempted if I didn't need, like, a dozen* games to get all the Dominion out of my system, never mind my laners being obscure and not having touched Treeline since last season.

* May or may not be exaggerating.

Has anyone got good OBS settings for recording?
2500 Kbps bitrate should be decent enough picture quality without hoggin' up too much resources, and the nVidia NVENC also ought to have a minimal effect on your framerate. You don't need much further tweaking that strays from the default settings if you're just recording locally.

It took me two days to get from Silver IV to Silver III, and I haven't been able to win once since. I'm pretty terrified of demoting and reversing my progress, haha. I can't really blame anyone, though. I have a lot to improve on.

What's the ideal build for Ezreal? For the longest time, I built Triforce > Berserker's Greaves > BotRK > IE > Last Whisper > Guardian Angel. But then an Ezreal with Muramana and Iceborn Gauntlet wrecked my team. So I've been trying out Manamune > Ionian Boots > Triforce > Bloodthirster > Last Whisper > Defensive Item/IE. I'm pretty sure these build paths are all kinds of crazy, so I am seeking GAF advice.

bidguy

Banned
Poppy's good, but I agree to avoid her if you're still learning. Her laning phase is rough against a lot of champions.

what does learning mean ? i mean im not exactly an amazing player but i can mostly hold my ground in a lane. just asking because skill gaps in this game seem to be huge

sometimes i get matched with extremely bad players, other times i get stomped by players who have 25+ kills at the end of the game

another question. how does the trueskill system in this game work ? are wins more important than getting a lot of kills in a game ?

is it normal that lux cant kill champs with a full combo ? i mean like Q-E-R and an auto attack. i get that it depends on items but i go for full ap most of the time but it still works very inconsistently

been playing for around a week now

appreciate some help

brian!

you should just play the game for a while, the thread is just going to confuse you
play da free champs and buy em with ip after if you like them
after you hit like lvl 20 you can check out some guides

Bacon

Yup when I was leveling to 30 this thread felt like I was reading spanish sometimes.

Just get the basics down like last hitting and warding. Try to do one thing better in your next game then you did in the last game like looking at the mini map more often.

bidguy

Banned
you should just play the game for a while, the thread is just going to confuse you
play da free champs and buy em with ip after if you like them
after you hit like lvl 20 you can check out some guides

yeah but some of them cost an awful lot. i wanted thresh and zed (i think thats the ninja) but they both cost over 6000 ip lol

brian!

yeah but some of them cost an awful lot. i wanted thresh and zed (i think thats the ninja) but they both cost over 6000 ip lol

yeah league has a pretty unfortunate system for ppl who get attached to particular champs early on, like luckily I didn't really care I liked playing different things all the time

why avoid yasuo/zed?
im interpreting avoid as in don't buy

newt doesn't like champs that get spammed a lot but are often played poorly
all those champs are fine if you put time into them tho

AcridMeat

Banned
Yup when I was leveling to 30 this thread felt like I was reading spanish sometimes.

Just get the basics down like last hitting and warding. Try to do one thing better in your next game then you did in the last game like looking at the mini map more often.
This is the next biggest thing once you're comfortable playing in lane. I've gotten a lot better recently about buying wards every single back no matter who I'm playing as, and as a result we've had better vision overall throughout the game. Now it's a lot more noticeable when people have good map awareness or not, because people will get caught when the jungler walked through not just a single ward in a bush, but multiple down the path.

All I'm saying is check it like you do car mirrors when driving, it's hugely beneficial later on for making calls on objectives and stuff.

jerd

Played with a rioter for the first time today so that was cool! He said he was an QA analyst for the skins team so we just bugged him the whole game to tell us what they were working on lol

Nekofrog

Banned
Also as Jayce I'm having trouble building the Muramana. Am I not spamming enough? Should I just be spamming abilities otw to lane or something like that?

probably already stated but, upgrade your tear to the sword item. you will now gain stacks on autoattacks

Nekofrog

Banned
Still going with my old judgements.

Soul Reaver = Good Draven player
Gladiator = Bad Draven

Primetime = ???

Primetime = Draven main who is tired of Draven

EDIT: OH GOD WHY DIDNT ANYONE REPLY AFTER I REPLIED BEFORE THIS AND STARTED READING THE THREAD AGAIN

I TRUSTED YOU PEOPLE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom