• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leezard

Question for the vets,

How do you beat teemo?

I know this question has been asked before, but I'm interested in how you guys deal with him, because in my mind the best counter, is a counter champ. Yorick for example.

You want someone that can use spells, as his Blind is way too strong if you rely only on autohits. Many of the common toplaners such as Ryze or Renekton can deal with him just fine.

New question/observation.

In the last three weeks I have moved up from Silver 4 to Silver 2. It seems to me that playing the counter champs and just good map awareness can really carry you far in this game. I know for a fact that I am not the best CS'er, but map awareness and counter playing works so well for me.

What do you guys think?

Edwardo

I like Jayce vs Teemo. Ask your jungler to gank before 6. It's much easier. And buy a sweeper.

After lane phase just push mid or bot. He'll most likely have a huge minefield top so it won't even be worth bringing your team up there.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Good god yet again, our mid feeds like hell and rage quits. Another loss on for the history. Why has this not been happening to my opponents?

Bungie's

In the last three weeks I have moved up from Silver 4 to Silver 2. It seems to me that playing the counter champs and just good map awareness can really carry you far in this game. I know for a fact that I am not the best CS'er, but map awareness and counter playing works so well for me.

What do you guys think?
Yup. Map awareness is pretty big. have been playing a lot of jungle and support on my second account since I'm also pretty bad at csing. CC champs also do well in solo queue

Edwardo

EU LCS Summer Split - Week 9 - Day 2

t1405699200z1.png

Copenhagen Wolves vs SK Gaming
Millenium vs Roccat
Supa Hot Crew vs Alliance
Gambit Gaming vs Fnatic

Please use the LCS thread for further discussion. Let's keep this thread spoiler free.

BlazinAm

And I'm still awful/learning. I'm actually reading a guide right now on placing wards...I generally play nothing but Dominion, so I'm not that great at regular Summoner's Rift, and knowing where to place wards/what wards to place.

You played well that wasn't the issue, Velkoz was bad for the lane we were in and we all learned the hard way of how Karthus can disembody himself.

garath

4 days to decay. This is not the way to keep my rank. Playing one game every month lol. I'd just let it decay if it didn't start a decay every 7 days cycle. At that point, taking a single loss is better than the downward spiral.

Bacon

I love using teambuilder to practice my jungling with champs i'm not familiar with because I always get picked up quickly regardless of how out of meta the champion is. I find it odd that more people don't jungle with teambuilder because in my experience its usually the first or second role to get filled in draft.

Jeff-DSA

Oh, the jungle timers were pretty awesome. Helps so much in Silver when it's not very common to have your jungler calling out the jungle times very often. I found that my teams were warding more to try and pick up the info on those timers, so it's already encouraging better play.

jost

Neo Member

What do you guys think?

I don't actually believe that counter champs actually exist. There are plenty of times that I have played against someone that should be a "Counter Champion" to Katrina that I just crush, on the other hand there are champions that I normally have an easy time with that I've lost to. I believe it has more to do with how well you know the champions limitations and damage output along with the ever present map awareness.

christmas sona so pretty

silentnight.jpg
It's the only skin out of the wholesale texture update that looks like a step back. Lost details (even if her previous model was busy), colors are flat and the Christmas decorations look like they're missing any kind of lighting. Only her music instrument is an improvement.

Achtius

It's the only skin out of the wholesale texture update that looks like a step back. Lost details (even if her previous model was busy), colors are flat and the Christmas decorations look like they're missing any kind of lighting. Only her music instrument is an improvement.

i like it more actually, wish i got it.

Edwardo

I don't actually believe that counter champs actually exist. There are plenty of times that I have played against someone that should be a "Counter Champion" to Katrina that I just crush, on the other hand there are champions that I normally have an easy time with that I've lost to. I believe it has more to do with how well you know the champions limitations and damage output along with the ever present map awareness.

I feel like there are counters, but ppl also don't realize when talking about counters that a lot of players aren't playing champs in a 100% optimal way 100% of the time. Things play out differently and ppl don't consider that. Like you said, you can face a supposed counter and just flat out beat them because you're a better player or 1000 other reasons.

The rumor supposedly is from a guy that leaked some other stuff.

The splash art speculation is just people trying to make sense out of shit, ignore that crap.

Yea, slow day at work. Spending time on the LoL reddit -__________________-

hard counters exist but that assumes that you're playing on a level playing field. if someone picks riven and you pick a garen to counter it but you do the retarded thing and skill e first, you're going to have your butt puckered in pretty quickly.

Sure if you don't mind waiting forever till you can actually play.

Mid
Mid
No I mid wtf
*locks in Katarina*
"You have been put back in queue because a player has left the lobby"
Mid
No I top wtf
(...)

Yep.

And I'm often too nice to someone else who says they can't do anything besides ADC, and play support instead. Sometimes it's great, but occasionally you get that carry that seems to e playing the role for the first time.

Jeff-DSA

I took heat for picking Katarina into a team with Gragas and Ryze last night. They were telling me that I'd never get my resets and that it wouldn't work. Well, I went 8-1-11 and we won easily.

I think that there are definite counters, and I think that Riot wants the game to have hard and soft counter champions for strategy purposes, but I also believe that if you're just simply that much better than the other guy, his counter pick won't matter much.

Specifically with Katarina though, a few champions can be tough to deal with in lane. Anybody with a stun or knock up will ruin your ult, but they have to make sure they know how to use it properly.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
It's so funny how idiots on Reddit were like:

"Omg Lucian is dead, riot doesn't know to balance herp derp."

When will they learn...

christmas sona so pretty

silentnight.jpg

So glad I unlocked this skin when I had the chance.

scy

Probably a bit too early to say that he'll still be long-term viable in competitive. Which will probably be where he'll lose the most ground (that he was already losing anyway).

Probably a bit too early to say that he'll still be long-term viable in competitive. Which will probably be where he'll lose the most ground (that he was already losing anyway).
Maybe not for games on 4.12, but if Trist/Kog get nerfed in 4.13 I can see him going back to be a priority pick easily.

scy

It depends. He's a lot of added risk as games go on with the new style of play for no gain in his primary job (aka, melting people). Mobility is more of a tool to do his job but he didn't really get any better at it. The change always felt as more of a late-game / competitive focus as a nerf rather than general play.

That said, it's also not like anyone stands out as "well, just pick X instead."

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Sure if you don't mind waiting forever till you can actually play.

Mid
Mid
No I mid wtf
*locks in Katarina*
"You have been put back in queue because a player has left the lobby"
Mid
No I top wtf
(...)

There is a trick to this, I played 16 ranked games this season, I got to mid in 12 out of 16 games, all solo q. Sometime even if I am last pick, if you ask nicely, people will more likely to help since they wanted to have to best team possible.

By calling out "mid", you basically commanding 4 other stranger what they not allow to do, people don't like that, and some will even lock the position you want just to show that you are not their boss

Instead, tell them what you can't do.

"I can't adc or jungle, but I am best at mid", now you increased your chance to get the pick you want from 1/5 to 1/3. Everyone wanted to win, so naturally they will be more willing to give you mid, and you did this without sounding like you boss people around.

If someone asked you to go somewhere you didn't want to go, instead of saying "no", just tell them "yeah i will try, I haven't played xxx for a few months tho". Usually this will freak people out and yield you whatever role you called.

Don't worry about support, for some reason there are more and more support players around, I never been to a ranked game without 1 or 2 people screaming "support only!". So in theory by calling out the 2 roles you can't do, the chance of you getting the role you want is 1/2.

Blizzard

Banned
What champions ARE fun to play against if they're beating you, though?

I'm not sure I ever think "this is fun" if I'm getting beaten in a lane. Even if it's some champion with skillshots that I can dodge, it's annoying to have to dodge them.

There is a trick to this, I played 16 ranked games this season, I got to mid in 12 out of 16 games, all solo q. Sometime even if I am last pick, if you ask nicely, people will more likely to help since they wanted to have to best team possible.

By calling out "mid", you basically commanding 4 other stranger what they not allow to do, people don't like that, and some will even lock the position you want just to show that you are not their boss

Instead, tell them what you can't do.

"I can't adc or jungle, but I am best at mid", now you increased your chance to get the pick you want from 1/5 to 1/3. Everyone wanted to win, so naturally they will be more willing to give you mid, and you did this without sounding like you boss people around.

If someone asked you to go somewhere you didn't want to go, instead of saying "no", just tell them "yeah i will try, I haven't played xxx for a few months tho". Usually this will freak people out and yield you whatever role you called.

Don't worry about support, for some reason there are more and more support players around, I never been to a ranked game without 1 or 2 people screaming "support only!". So in theory by calling out the 2 roles you can't do, the chance of you getting the role you want is 1/2.
That's for ranked though, I was making fun of normal draft where if people don't get what they want they just dodge and try again since there is no penalty besides waiting a few minutes.

People in ranked these days often just let you get your role if you ask nicely. I rarely don't get to ADC by just typing "adc please" the moment I get to the lobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom