• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferrio

Banned
To dead:

So you're arguing she can effectively do the job an ap mage is suppose to do late game? Good? An ad that late in the game could blow her up just as easily.

I can buy the argument that Lissandra shouldn't be primiarly a burst mage (although I think that's the most enjoyable way to play her at present) but the problem which I'm going to reiterate is the she doesn't have the tools to be a DPS mage either unless the passive change comes through.
Which is why it's very likely these changes won't just ship as is.

Rickless did both the Morg and MF reworks and they worked great, trust him a little.

zkylon

zkylewd
I can buy the argument that Lissandra shouldn't be primiarly a burst mage (although I think that's the most enjoyable way to play her at present) but the problem which I'm going to reiterate is the she doesn't have the tools to be a DPS mage either unless the passive change comes through.
unless she keeps her high mana costs shield passive will come at a price tho

price will prolly be damage

so she'll be a top laner/support

scy

So you're arguing she can effectively do the job an ap mage is suppose to do late game?

*with approximately 7 seconds of setup time.

It's also worth noting the relevancy of MR in this discussion as it starts to approach breakpoints actually worth thinking about.

DeadNames

Banned
To dead:

So you're arguing she can effectively do the job an ap mage is suppose to do late game? Good? An ad that late in the game could blow her up just as easily.

I have absolutely no problems with Syndra bar her stun (it's kinda hard to predict IMO). She's a squishy mage with no mobility so she deserves to do a ton of damage. All I'm saying is that bad Syndras can just miss their shit but DFG + R + Ignite someone for an EZ kill.

The DFG nerf just separates the good Syndras from the bad ones.

I have absolutely no problems with Syndra bar her stun (it's kinda hard to predict IMO). She's a squishy mage with no mobility so she deserves to do a ton of damage. All I'm saying is that bad Syndras can just miss their shit but DFG + R + Ignite someone for an EZ kill.
no they cant lol

do u know why almost nobody buys dfg on syndra anymore

because if she gets close enough to blow someone up chances are shes close enough to get fucked even harder than that.

scy

Again, you do know how to get to a 7-shot Syndra ult, right? Because you're talking about "bad Syndras" and "missing skillshots" on a very lenient ability and ignoring that she requires max CDR and a W-held Q orb to keep 4 orbs alive on the field. A more reasonable expectation from Syndra is a 5-shot ult. This Magical Christmas Land of Syndra having 4 live Orbs in play and has the time to walk into range to DFG + Ult is a fairly silly representation of reality.

drawkcaB

unless she keeps her high mana costs shield passive will come at a price tho

price will prolly be damage

so she'll be a top laner/support

Dunno. I don't recall any discussion about lowering her mana costs.

zkylon said:
i have no idea why they're nerfing dfg

Well, 60s cooldown was pretty damn low, but I think a big part of it is to preempt a few champions that are on the edge of being ban worthy OP in competitive play right now (e.g. Fizz).

pigeon

Banned

Yeah, by doing this:

* Q. Wait 4 seconds.
* Q.
* W the first sphere. Wait 4 seconds.
* Q.
* IN THE NEXT TWO SECONDS R. Enemy must be within 675 range unless you're level 16+.

If you get hit by this you were already an EZ kill.

edit: ACTUALLY THIS IS ONLY THREE SPHERES I DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO GET FOUR

scy

Well, 60s cooldown was pretty damn low, but I think a big part of it is to preempt a few champions that are on the edge of being ban worthy OP in competitive play right now (e.g. Fizz).

For the most part, it's to desync the cooldown timers so more of the burst champions that want DFG have their ultimate cooldown up before DFG rather than the opposite. DFG before their burst is up means it effectively has no cooldown. This does mean it hits fringe cases and CDR-focused ones harder.

edit: ACTUALLY THIS IS ONLY THREE SPHERES I DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO GET FOUR

It's basically what you said but with CDR. At 40% CDR, the entire cycle takes ~7.2s which means a timed W juggle.

t = 0, Q [1]
t = 2.4, Q [2]
t = 4.8, Q [3]
t = any time before 6.0, W the first Orb. Probably just best / easiest to do it right before the 3rd Q.
t = 7.2, Q [4], you have ~1.2s before the second Q times out.

The minimum CDR for it is ~30% and you have a under half a second before the second Q vanishes in that case since the last orb forms at 8.4s and times out at 8.8s.

garath

Wow. I thought the Elise nerf was only on the Q and auto. Apparently it goes deeper than that. I'll never play Elise again with these changes.

Base attack range lowered to 500 from 550
Neurotoxin ( Human Q ) range decreased to 500 from 625
Cocoon ( Human E ) missile width decreased to 55 from 70
Rappel ( Spider E ) range decreased to 700 from 925

I'm literally aghast. Just rework her. Reduce her range on everything but then nerf the range of her gap closer? Did they forget Rappel has a pretty big cast time for that range? Crazy.

zkylon

zkylewd
But she DFG/Ulted Draven tho...

For the kill even.
i know was just showing example in which i was clearly pretty fed cos it was fun

but like it's a pretty huge positional misplay on the part of the draven, any mid will blow you up if you walk into their range like an idiot

scy

i know was just showing example in which i was clearly pretty fed cos it was fun

but like it's a pretty huge positional misplay on the part of the draven, any mid will blow you up if you walk into their range like an idiot

you also missed skillshots

so i guess he's right

zkylon

zkylewd
so this season lebonk, grago and now lizzy got nerfed

ori and syndra anyday now

i get mild lux and ahri buffs in return

being an ap mid enthusiast didn't pay off i feel

zkylon

zkylewd
nah

u have ziggs.

this is the entire league roster

isqGlEnFt1aF5.png

i don't see who this ziggs champion is

CRS

so this season lebonk, grago and now lizzy got nerfed

ori and syndra anyday now

i get mild lux and ahri buffs in return

being an ap mid enthusiast didn't pay off i feel
You still have Cho'Gath.

So now Shurelya's is going to become even more uncommon? I don't see the Movement speed being enough to make up for the CDR reduction. And I guess the Spell Thief nerf is an indirect nerf to Nami, Zyra, and Morgana.

I'm curious to know who is the most hated champion here. (not counting teemo) Either because of the people who plays those champions, or the champion itself.

I dislike a lot of champions, lol: Ryze, Katarina, Ezreal, Jax, Morgana, Nidalee, Shaco, Talon, Trynda, Vayne, Warwick, Zed, Ziggs, Xin, Yasuo, Yorick.

Mostly because of the people that plays with these champions tend to be pretty toxic, some because they're boring yet annoying(like Yorick).

But if I had to choose my top 3: Vayne, Ezreal, Shaco. (runners-ups: Ryze, Ziggs, Katarina)
They always find a way to make the match annoying/frustrating/unpleasant, even if we're winning.

DeadNames

Banned

:^)

Oh I got a big list.

Nidalee
Vayne
Udyr
WW
Thresh
Akali
Talon
Fizz
Ryze
Pantheon
Kat
Morg
Tristana
Tryndamere
Lulu
Kayle

Vayne is probably the one people will agree the most.

My particularly hated champion is Udyr. Fuck this useless piece of shit and the people that play him.

Yeah, Udyr players are usually huge assholes. However, the good ones are just so god damn annoying. I was in a game with him once and he was so fed he built an IE. Dude literally 2 shot their Lulu.

Also WTF why riot stop nerfing MR :(

Vayne is probably the one people will agree the most.

My particularly hated champion is Udyr. Fuck this useless piece of shit and the people that play him.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
That gross shit folder piques my interest.

pigeon

Banned
I hate:

* Katarina (just personal distaste with dealing with her)
* Lee Sin (sick of getting junglers who think they're Insec and go in 4v1 to die)

I kind of don't like:

* Garen (no champion has less distinguishing characteristics than Garen)

I guess that's it!

I need to learn to do something besides Support. I used to be able to play all roles with some success with support being the best. But now after my time away I'm too scared to do anything besides support.

Oh and here is my name on League if anyone is interested: SliceSabre

CRS

Re: most annoying, the most annoying champs are the people that AFK farm all game until it's too late. Other than that, so specific champ.

I need to learn to do something besides Support. I used to be able to play all roles with some success with support being the best. But now after my time away I'm too scared to do anything besides support.

Oh and here is my name on League if anyone is interested: SliceSabre

Try playing ADC. It might end up helping you with your Support play as well, I.e. Positioning, communication, determining the kill potential/strength of yourself/the ADC

zkylon

zkylewd
You still have Cho'Gath.

So now Shurelya's is going to become even more uncommon? I don't see the Movement speed being enough to make up for the CDR reduction. And I guess the Spell Thief nerf is an indirect nerf to Nami, Zyra, and Morgana.
yes, shurelyas just got a load of useless stats injected into it

like movement speed in theory sounds nice but outside combat you still get noticeably less ms than boots 5 and you lose the cdr rush that was like the biggest appeal outside of active

i don't get it

:^)

Oh I got a big list.

Nidalee
Vayne
Udyr
WW
Thresh
Akali
Talon
Fizz
Ryze
Pantheon
Kat
Morg
Tristana
Tryndamere
Lulu
Kayle

Yeah, Udyr players are usually huge assholes. However, the good ones are just so god damn annoying. I was in a game with him once and he was so fed he built an IE. Dude literally 2 shot their Lulu.

Also WTF why riot stop nerfing MR :(
will get to this later :3

The grand finals weren't the most hype shit ever and america only got third so naturally the evil racist chinese were pot splitting and dota sucks now.
So from what I gather it was basically like League's Season 3 finals, but with the 2 finalists being chinese teams no one knows and the matches being won in extremely retardedly boring ways after one of these teams having beaten the crowd favorite, am I correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom