• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT7| She Ezreal To Me, Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's not even like in the NFL when a playoff team rests their starters in the last couple games because its not like the starters get to go practice. they just sit on the sideline.

Edit: this move actually makes a ton of sense. Seraph had to go back to Korea anyway right? Competing with four members would do as much good as not competing probably. Might as well send the whole team to Korea.

Yet he essentially turns into a different champ when his ult his up so people will then have to adapt to his new playstyle with obvious weaknesses and advantages.
I'm not seeing any weaknesses in it, though. he wants to leap on you anyway, so he does. he gets off 3 autos and you're cc'd (hard stun) for 1.25 seconds. meanwhile all of his attacks are dealing much more damage. oh and he still has his aoe slow he can throw out just in case you were hoping to simply walk away from the autos.

CRS

while it's a smart move and technically within LCS rules, I think it's bullshit that they can choose to skip a week and get a head start in practice over the other teams.

I hope Riot closes the loophole and doesn't allow them to do it again.

it's not even like in the NFL when a playoff team rests their starters in the last couple games because its not like the starters get to go practice. they just sit on the sideline.

It's just like NBA/NFL coaches resting their starters when they've already clinched their playoff spot. I don't see this to be any different. They have the leisure and capacity to do it, so more power to them.

It will make them losing that much sweeter.

You think fans want to see CLG after last week?

Bring Hotshot and Chaox

That's a non-issue. I would still like to go see Dig even if they did poorly the previous week.

Imagine how the people that travel to LA to see them during super week feel? It's a minor issue but I would still be a bit peeved if this happened to the team/players I wanted to see.

I'm not seeing any weaknesses in it, though. he wants to leap on you anyway, so he does. he gets off 3 autos and you're cc'd (hard stun) for 1.25 seconds. meanwhile all of his attacks are dealing much more damage. oh and he still has his aoe slow he can throw out just in case you were hoping to simply walk away from the autos.

he's slower and loses his range. He has to live in the fight rather than skirt around it.

CRS

thank god I already pretty much won the GAF fantasy League otherwise I'd be pretty mad about Seraph being in my lineup and not being able to change it

Oh man, the people heavily invested in Fantasy are going to be pist. Hahahahahaha.

That's what they get for choosing douchebag players.

CRS

What's with the Shyvana nerfs? :/

And Kayle getting more AP ratio on her E ://

The Lulu nerfs are nice. :/

Yasuo nerfs :///

Worthless Ziggs nerf :////

Thresh R nerf ://///

RIP Talisman ://///

"Toasters rejoice!" lmao

Kayle skin is amazing.

Explain to me how 3 autos = 1.25s CC then because that's not how his kit works.

Oh shit, can he simply activate the 1.25 second disable? If so, even better! The way it's written on the tooltip seemed to suggest it's an upgraded version of the small Gnar passive. If you can just activate it for a 1.25 second disable...lol...fantastic.

edit: AND he has 3 slow options. lmao.

Oh shit, can he simply activate the 1.25 second disable? If so, even better! The way it's written on the tooltip seemed to suggest it's an upgraded version of the small Gnar passive. If you can just activate it for a 1.25 second disable...lol...fantastic.
It has a lenghty cast time though, it can be dodged. Also his Q slow is pretty weak - 35% at max rank - and his E only slows if you hit people at the center - and the range on it is pretty short. Mega Gnar also has the slowest movement speed in the game. His only real slow is on his ult.

I'm just saying you're overreacting a bit lol

Next patch, I think. Unless I am mistaken it was in the next to latest PBE patch notes.

edit: Yes, it is this patch.
PATCH NOTES:
http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/patch/patch-413-notes

*heavy breathing*

What's with the Shyvana nerfs? :/

And Kayle getting more AP ratio on her E ://

The Lulu nerfs are nice. :/

Yasuo nerfs :///

Worthless Ziggs nerf :////

Thresh R nerf ://///

RIP Talisman ://///

"Toasters rejoice!" lmao

Skin incoming I guess. she is kinda worthless now unless the jungle stay there to help you

It has a lenghty cast time though, it can be dodged. Also his Q slow is pretty weak - 35% at max rank - and his E only slows if you hit people at the center - and the range on it is pretty short. Mega Gnar also has the slowest movement speed in the game. His only real slow is on his ult.

I'm just saying you're overreacting a bit lol

Oh I know. It's all hyperbole. His leap has an extremely long cooldown. I do think having 3 slows AND a stun when in Big Gnar mode is excessive. He can slow with his ult, leap, and Q. And stun with his W for 1.25 seconds. All of which are AOE.

His range (including leap range) when big is also very limited, so he'll have to set up his big form when he's close to it triggering, I think. But that's a lot of cc options for any one character to have, IMO.

ALN1031

Anyone on the NA PBE want to play a custom with Gnar? Games need 3 people, so I would need two more. That means one person can't play Gnar =[

zkylon

zkylewd
btw my opinions on the patch:

bruiser and jungle stuff:
* yay on lee nerfs
* don't care abouy anything else

mages and assassins
* kayle shouldn't have been buffed :/
* lebonk buff is nice but it should've been 70 at lvl 1 imo
* lizzy buff/nerfs/whatever i don't like so much but ok. i'm really interested about her ult now
* lulu top ded
* lux:
iSvX0YDKtAyGi.gif

* yasuo nerfs yay
* ziggs nerf might be too much but i can't complain
* hope xerath gets his q hitbox fixed someday

adc
* really like jinx "buff", actually is a lot less minor than it sounds
* interested about graves but i bet he's still shit
* 70s varus lategame ult is really nice. very excited
* trist nerfs yay

support
* sona rework has a bit of questionable stuff in it but snuggle zones and texture update bought me over
* yay janna buffs. she's still shit tho
* nami getting nerfed makes very little sense but it's no biggie
* totally against giving thresh even more nerfs. could've fixed flay bug as compensation or something
* morgana still untouched. whoop-dee-doo

items
* blue gp10 nerf is ok. hurts cool supports like nami tho when just morgana should be nerfed for abusing it
* i like the idea of shurelya changes but i think it's gonna be pretty bad. tho blue gp10 being nerfed will kinda make this a little more enticing, specially in pro play where supports actually roam
* dfg nerf makes no sense.
* rylais change is really cool, i like it. i wonder if doing like liandrys+rylais will be fun on ori lol
* yay for banshees nerf
* who cares about even more chalice nerfs by now

---

overall decent patch, lee sin nerfs are always appreciated and i'm excited about sona rework

not pleased at all with dfg and lissandra changes tho.

The Jinx change is pretty big IMO. Being able to do risky inhibitors because you can bail the fuck out is not something most ADCs can do.
Oh I know. It's all hyperbole. His leap has an extremely long cooldown. I do think having 3 slows AND a stun when in Big Gnar mode is excessive. He can slow with his ult, leap, and Q. And stun with his W for 1.25 seconds. All of which are AOE.

His range (including leap range) when big is also very limited, so he'll have to set up his big form when he's close to it triggering, I think. But that's a lot of cc options for any one character to have, IMO.
Eh, I think it'll be fine since he can't exactly control his Mega form. He needs to build it, once he builds it he only has some leeway before he transforms, when he transforms he stops for a second and you have a timer before you go back to normal.

I think he's the type of champion that people will think is shit on release because they don't know how to play him but eventually they do and he becomes a monster. Fitting.

jerd

Anyone else catch this at the bottom of the Sona rework page?

That’s about it for this update! Give the new Sona a spin and let us know your thoughts below! We’ll be back with more news from the champion update team soon. It’ll be bananas.

Raka rework is next

Nekofrog

Banned
while it's a smart move and technically within LCS rules, I think it's bullshit that they can choose to skip a week and get a head start in practice over the other teams.

I hope Riot closes the loophole and doesn't allow them to do it again.

super week in and of itself is a dumb idea that riot should never have implemented. boot camping in the strongest region in the world is something all teams should be doing (with enough time to do it to make it actually mean something)

go monte

ALN1031

super week in and of itself is a dumb idea that riot should never have implemented. boot camping in the strongest region in the world is something all teams should be doing (with enough time to do it to make it actually mean something)

go monte

Monte and HSGG probably felt they had to do something drastic since CLG was getting roflstomped by everybody. There was no way they could send them to playoffs in the state they were in. This is definitely a good move by CLG, whether it pays off will be another thing.

Apparently Chaox was asking all the EG guys what they were planning on playing and offering to watch their scrims, and then got offended when they thought he was being shady

wow

I hope CLG get fucked this week

garath

Apparently Chaox was asking all the EG guys what they were planning on playing and offering to watch their scrims, and then got offended when they thought he was being shady

wow

I hope CLG get fucked this week

Why does that not surprise me in the slightest. The guy is really immature. Hasn't learned a damn thing since getting booted from tsm.

Nah, I like it how it is now. I think it lets you focus on catching the boomerang rather than throwing it so that it deals maximum damage.

It's just strange that it's like "Hey all our boomerang skills deal damage on the way in and the way out, except the one that's a boomerang."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom