• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Ock

Hey guys I need to start playing jungle. I literally never played it, and I think I have a decent feeling for all the other roles. Can you recommend some fun&easy junglers to start with? I only have Yi and Trundle.... I like Vi though. Thanks!

Bacon

Hey guys I need to start playing jungle. I literally never played it, and I think I have a decent feeling for all the other roles. Can you recommend some fun&easy junglers to start with? I only have Yi and Trundle.... I like Vi though. Thanks!

Amumu, Rammus, Warwick are all easy junglers to use with high winrates. I would start there.

Plus they are all cheap.

JesseZao

I would need to see a video but sometimes if you put a lantern close to the souls and it disappears before the souls are collected, they will still fly to you?

I do know what you mean though, it might be just some delay with the animation maybe.

I could record it next time, but the best example I have is when I roamed mid and sat in the bot midline bush. Midlaner killed some minions in the middle of the lane and out popped some souls. I sat waiting just a few more seconds to get the perfect opening...then the souls traveled over to me, giving away my position.

garath

Amumu, Rammus, Warwick are all easy junglers to use with high winrates. I would start there.

Plus they are all cheap.

Bacon covered it pretty well. Of all of those I'd call Warwick the easiest and Amumu the most fun.

Rammus sits in the middle.

Fiddle is another real fun jungler. He's a bit harder to play (right) though.

Bacon

Bacon covered it pretty well. Of all of those I'd call Warwick the easiest and Amumu the most fun.

Rammus sits in the middle.

Fiddle is another real fun jungler. He's a bit harder to play (right) though.

I considered adding fiddle in there but I think he's at least one step up in difficulty from those three I mentioned. Definitely a lot of fun to use if you do it right. I usually end up ulting a minion wave or nothing at all though which is NOT the right way to play him.

garath

I considered adding fiddle in there but I think he's at least one step up in difficulty from those three I mentioned. Definitely a lot of fun to use if you do it right. I usually end up ulting a minion wave or nothing at all though which is NOT the right way to play him.

Yeah. He's simple and strong but not necessarily EASY.

I think someone here had said that fidd has the best 2v1 set ups in the game, I think I agree.

Though I played supp as him last night against a leo/draven lane....hoofa.

Thats because fiddle has this super high damage aoe ult that you cant run away from if you dont see it. To add insult to injury, he can also fear you for the next ten years and heal himself while you're getting reamed up the butt with Drain and then silence your entire team with Dark Winds retarded rng.

If you cant tell i have a slight dislike of the champion.

Burt

What makes Warwick a good support? Sustain and an AS buff? Doesn't sound that different from Nunu. Their ults both get ruined by pretty much anything and everything.

Still championing my Galio support over it. Better poke, similar sustain, more OP stat buff, multi-target ult, and a tankier late game.

WW plz

Newt

What makes Warwick a good support? Sustain and an AS buff? Doesn't sound that different from Nunu. Their ults both get ruined by pretty much anything and everything.

Still championing my Galio support over it. Better poke, similar sustain, more OP stat buff, multi-target ult, and a tankier late game.

WW plz
Wrong. Just looking at Warwick himself (not in support), his ult is insanely powerful. It can easily be brought down to a 60 second CD, and it's a 2 second targeted suppress with 700 spell range. It's easily one of the best ults in the game, and it can't even be compared to Nunu's ult.

Burt

Theyre both troll supports lol.
Pff you just can't handle the power of the rock bat, meta sheep.

Wrong. Just looking at Warwick himself (not in support), his ult is insanely powerful. It can easily be brought down to a 60 second CD, and it's a 2 second suppress with 700 range. It's easily one of the best ults in the game, and it can't even be compared to Nunu's ult.
Sure, 'not as support' being the caveat there. When you have the numbers when you're ganking/counter ganking after CC has been blown, it's great. But in a more stationary situation like lane, I would imagine that it's not nearly as good considering the number of options most lanes have to counter it.

Newt

Pff you just can't handle the power of the rock bat, meta sheep.

Sure, 'not as support' being the caveat there. When you have the numbers when you're ganking/counter ganking after CC has been blown, it's great. But in a more stationary situation like lane, I would imagine that it's not nearly as good considering the number of options most lanes have to counter it.
There's not much you can do to counter Warwick ult. Like I'm not saying Warwick support is meta, but you're bringing up all the wrong reasons as to why he has issues. He doesn't do anything before level 6, but his ult is extremely potent no matter where he is put.

Burt

There's not much you can do to counter Warwick ult. Like I'm not saying Warwick support is meta, but you're bringing up all the wrong reasons as to why he has issues. He doesn't do anything before level 6, but his ult is extremely potent no matter where he is put.
Bringing up the fact that a ton of supports have the ability to negate his ult with their basic abilities is all the wrong reasons? Okay.

Newt

WW is a bad support, but his ult being too weak is a horrible reason to justify that claim. Like, of course his ult can be interrupted by every support in the game. So can Kat's ult. This doesn't make these champion's ults nonviable. The majority of the time their ults will get good value.

Jeff-DSA

WW is a bad support, but his ult being too weak is a horrible reason to justify that claim. Like, of course his ult can be interrupted by every support in the game. So can Kat's ult. This doesn't make these champion's ults nonviable.

In Gold and lower, they're super powerful. I think they get a little fuzzy in higher ELOs, and nonviable in LCS play. But yes, if you know how and when to use their ults properly, you can make it a bad day for the other team.

Newt

In Gold and lower, they're super powerful. I think they get a little fuzzy in higher ELOs, and nonviable in LCS play. But yes, if you know how and when to use their ults properly, you can make it a bad day for the other team.
Yeah, Warwick is strong in high elo. Most champions that are good in low elo tend to also be good in high elo. Some exceptions are stuff like Yi.
I dunno, I saw someone say WW support is legit so good and just wanted to know why.
HIS ULT IS GOOD. Anyways, I changed my mind. I'm not gonna write him off yet.

Only had time for my first win yesterday so I went to my mainstay of Dominion bots. Should've played the new SR instead.

Regarding the laptop talk, pretty much anything can run League. I'd aim for an i3 or i5 at around $500-600, or a little more for an ultrabook. The new Intel integrated graphics won't run the newest games but they can handle everything else. If you want a gaming machine build a desktop for around $800.

Jeff-DSA

I have a Dell XPS 14z i7. I've had it for about 18 months or so, and it handles League perfectly. The only issue is that it's lower resolution than playing on a desktop, so you have to get used to that, but it runs the game extremely well.

Bacon

Gonna be honest, I don't even know what Galio's abilities do. They seem like they do negative damage so I just ignore them and have never looked them up.

drawkcaB

Foxdrop is saying that Maokai jungle is strong in the S5 jungle, but that hasn't been my experience with him. Anyone tried him out? He seemed like he sustained poorly, but then again I haven't tried him since they reverted the buff timers back to 1:55.

Mr.Ock

Hmm thanks guys! Hmm they are all ugly... yeah it's stupid but I care about that lol. Guess I'll unlock Amumu though... brb gonna get my ass handed to me in Teambuilder

Bacon

Hmm thanks guys! Hmm they are all ugly... yeah it's stupid but I care about that lol. Guess I'll unlock Amumu though... brb gonna get my ass handed to me in Teambuilder

You'll do fine. Even a subpar amumu can hit a game changing ult.

Gonna be honest, I don't even know what Galio's abilities do. They seem like they do negative damage so I just ignore them and have never looked them up.

You max the AoE ball he throws out first. That actually does really good damage early on. GG harass. Overall, a boring, situational champ not nearly worth the IP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom