• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
Can they just delete blind pick on favor of team builder instead?
I was thinking this would be a good idea. What advantage does blind pick offer over team builder besides faster queue times? You in theory get to use super strategy to form a proper team composition, but that's sort of laughable in blind pick -- I imagine anyone who wants to do that would use draft or ranked.

As it stands, the fastest way to get a team builder game is probably:
  • Go support, and keep clicking the button for a new lobby until you get one with an ADC.
  • Go ADC, and keep clicking the button for a new lobby until you get one with a support.
  • Go jungle, and keep clicking the button for a new lobby until you get one with a support.

That shouldn't take very long at all in my limited experience.

Edwardo

As it stands, the fastest way to get a team builder game is probably:
  • Go support, and keep clicking the button for a new lobby until you get one with an ADC.
  • Go ADC, and keep clicking the button for a new lobby until you get one with a support.
  • Go jungle, and keep clicking the button for a new lobby until you get one with a support.

Please stop it Summons

Edwardo

Stop what? Do you mean you dislike when people switch lobbies until they find one that will get to play more quickly?

Also, may I please ask your ingame name? *edit* Oh, you're mmmCHOWDAH.

Ya, it's just annoying when queueing with a group and you have to wait 10 years because a jungler/adc/support joins and immediately leaves if the group isn't full.

Actually, a tip for everyone.. Wait for the timer to get closer to 0, that way you can accept more than one person at a time. Less of a chance for them to leave

Blizzard

Banned
Ya, it's just annoying when queueing with a group and you have to wait 10 years because a jungler/adc/support joins and immediately leaves if the group isn't full.

Actually, a tip for everyone.. Wait for the timer to get closer to 0, that way you can accept more than one person at a time. Less of a chance for them to leave
That's the nature of supply and demand though, right? You might want to play mid/top in team builder, but so does everyone else. I don't think it's really reasonable to expect people who do play the rarer roles to artificially punish themselves with extra wait time.

Bacon

That's the nature of supply and demand though, right? You might want to play mid/top in team builder, but so does everyone else. I don't think it's really reasonable to expect people who do play the rarer roles to artificially punish themselves with extra wait time.

Well said. I'm going to get into a game as fast as I can and that's one of the benefits of teambuilder for me since I mainly play jungle.

AcridMeat

Banned
From experience junglers are impossible to find in team builder. I play blind pick because it takes a minute for a game to start, rather than waiting upwards of 10 minutes to set up a game.

Einbroch

Banned
Only if they implement bonus IP for the lesser played roles and let duos queue up in the bottom lane. The fact that you can't duo in TB is a joke.

Oh, and flex role. If you want top or jungle, let you do both.

Newt

From experience junglers are impossible to find in team builder. I play blind pick because it takes a minute for a game to start, rather than waiting upwards of 10 minutes to set up a game.
If you're an ADC or Support main, games take 30s to find.

Edwardo

Ya, that's exactly how it works, I just don't like it. I mostly queue as one of the three most of the time anyways. Tbh, if you queue as mid/top solo then the wait generally isn't too bad. It's just that the problem comes when building the team. At this point it's just complaining for the sake of complaining I guess.

Newt

People getting so mad.

Cait: "Sivir, you're so shit. You lost in lane."

First time I've seen an effective Udyr too.
2f121a00499763a267febbe939a9822d.png

So I just started playing LoL and I liked playing as Malphite and Rammus. What other heroes do you guys recommend?
Vel'Koz. He is all you need. His laser beam makes children run, and grown men cry. But those are two good champions you're playing. Rammus is one of my absolute favorite champions to have on my team, if he is played well. Malphite is damn good too. Tanky, and great at engaging.

clemenx

Banned
Eh. I have to agree with whoever said that it doesn't hurt anybody. Don't promote it and don't watch it if you don't like it.

Though twitch money must be real because she's a camgirl with hardcore vids and everythingl, she just wants to broaden her fanbase.

Sofo

I'm fucking Bronzil, guys. This Twisted Fate destroyed me. Our support is a dota player but he's still getting adjusted. Still...

R9qSAsw.png

I was so zoned due to his cards, at one point he got really low thanks to our poke (my E and Soraka's Q) but it in the end, it doesn't matter. ._.

Had also a really terrible game vs a Diamond 3 Graves. ._. I felt I could have played it a lot better but his damage was so outrageous! I need to play vs Graves a lot more, because most of the time I was trying to out-trade him but it was all for nought since he had shield and his buckshot hurt a fuck ton. My CS was abyssmal too...

But fear not! For I had a really fun game as Tristana today, earlier. A friend of mine (she plays really well all the roles) supported me as Thresh and basicall spoonfed me the entire time. Yum yum yum!

ZgYCcRV.png

Oh well, lost 3 and won 2 today, but got some IPs! WE DID IT BOYS!

it's that AD TF man... unbeatable

---------

I bought Dragon Age Inquisition off Origin Mexico for like half the price it is on the Irish store

I feel dirty

I wish I had a team to play with.....I get annoyed by strangers so much. Doing Ranked Draft. I'm second pick. I say "Hello All!" Once we all say hey, I say "I'd prefer mid, if no one minds". Two others said that was cool and called their spots. The other 2 don't speak. Other team chose first, then it came to the number 1 spot and me on the team. Number 1 spot locks in Lissandra immediately and yells "MID". What. A. Dick.

Newt

I wish I had a team to play with.....I get annoyed by strangers so much. Doing Ranked Draft. I'm second pick. I say "Hello All!" Once we all say hey, I say "I'd prefer mid, if no one minds". Two others said that was cool and called their spots. The other 2 don't speak. Other team chose first, then it came to the number 1 spot and me on the team. Number 1 spot locks in Lissandra immediately and yells "MID". What. A. Dick.
Pick order > call order. He's not being a dick at all. If you don't like it, dodge.

Pick order > call order. He's not being a dick at all. If you don't like it, dodge.
I still call him a dick. This is why. His keyboard is half-an-inch away from his fingertips. All he had to do was reach those little 'ole fingers down and clack-clack out an "I'm going mid. Deal." or even nicer "I'm gonna roll with mid, if you don't mind." Seeing someone else say they'd prefer mid, if able, and ignoring them for no reason is kinda dickish.

I went Sion top and we won. Mid did good. I don't mind not being mid. Just speak up like a normal human being is all I ask.

Newt

I still call him a dick. This is why. His keyboard is half-an-inch away from his fingertips. All he had to do was reach those little 'ole fingers down and clack-clack out an "I'm going mid. Deal." or even nicer "I'm gonna roll with mid, if you don't mind." Seeing someone else say they'd prefer mid, if able, and ignoring them for no reason is kinda dickish.

I went Sion top and we won. Mid did good. I don't mind not being mid. Just speak up like a normal human being is all I ask.
He's not under any obligation to say something. He's first pick, he gets what he wants. Whether he calls a role or not, the outcome in unchanged.

Blizzard

Banned
He's not under any obligation to say something. He's first pick, he gets what he wants. Whether he calls a role or not, the outcome in unchanged.
I don't think Vincent Alexander is arguing that he had an obligation.

I do think Vincent Alexander is arguing that this other person was acting like a jerk, and life would be better if people did that less often.

Newt

theyre both first pick because he's on the purple team.
They may pick at the same time, but one is first pick and the other is second pick.
I don't think Vincent Alexander is arguing that he had an obligation.

I do think Vincent Alexander is arguing that this other person was acting like a jerk, and life would be better if people did that less often.
I'm arguing that the person wasn't a jerk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom