• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
They may pick at the same time, but one is first pick and the other is second pick.

I'm arguing that the person wasn't a jerk.
Well, he was definitely something. Maybe not a dick. Or a jerk. But something. And when I think of the perfect word for it, I'll come back and share. And you'll all look like fools. Fools, I say!

That was a fun game. Shaco goes to red, asks us to cover blue....then DCs at 1:30. Two minutes later, our Yas follows suite. Then we have to sit there for 17 more minutes fuckin' around until we can surrender. How on Earth have they not adjusted it so you can surrender early when people DC?

Blizzard

Banned
That was a fun game. Shaco goes to red, asks us to cover blue....then DCs at 1:30. Two minutes later, our Yas follows suite. Then we have to sit there for 17 more minutes fuckin' around until we can surrender. How on Earth have they not adjusted it so you can surrender early when people DC?
Both because someone might come back (you might argue they should have a 5- or 10-minute rule after someone has become AFK), and because you can sometimes win 4v5. 3v5 no, but Riot is supposedly looking at tougher measures on AFK people.

Blizzard

Banned
I love when cheese lanes don't work, fuck em!
I got destroyed by a Thresh + Blitzcrank bot lane with Nautilus jungle. Too much rude grabbing, and I don't think I could 1v1 AD Thresh with something like Draven because I'm so bad. Fortunately they still lost in the end.

Tonight seems to be an unlucky one for ARAM. 3 games in a row the enemy team has had 5, and my team has had an AFK almost the entire game, e.g. after 1 death.

Blizzard

Banned
Oh, and I think I had a much more successful game against cheese when someone tried to do J4 + some other non-ADC champion bot lane and they did VERY badly.

I -think- they nearly came back mid game but hopefully we still won in the end.

On one hand it's fun to beat one but on the other hand it would probably be nice if the game had more variety in champion locations.

Sofo

Oh, and I think I had a much more successful game against cheese when someone tried to do J4 + some other non-ADC champion bot lane and they did VERY badly.

I -think- they nearly came back mid game but hopefully we still won in the end.

On one hand it's fun to beat one but on the other hand it would probably be nice if the game had more variety in champion locations.

Idk! I actually like the meta and enjoy it more when people stick to it. I feel yesterday when I had the AD TF and Thresh against us I was on tilt.. but it might have more to be with having a support that knows nothing how these champions work lol. >_>;

One time we won vs an Ahri/Blitz botlane despite my support getting hooked 34321435 times. Felt good but damn, was that a stressful game if anything.

Blizzard

Banned
Tonight seems to be an unlucky one for ARAM. 3 games in a row the enemy team has had 5, and my team has had an AFK almost the entire game, e.g. after 1 death.

Fourth ARAM in a row, AFK for 10 minutes...but this one was on the other team, because of diarrhea. However the other team (even with 4 AD, even while the 4v5 was happening) completely destroyed my poke + CC team. So I lost -anyway-.

Sofo

Fourth ARAM in a row, AFK for 10 minutes...but this one was on the other team, because of diarrhea. However the other team (even with 4 AD, even while the 4v5 was happening) completely destroyed my poke + CC team. So I lost -anyway-.

I can't endure more than 2-3 games of ARAM a week... Idk, it's just such a random game, and unless you have 5 people "with brains", even with the best comp it won't go so well!

Also who the fuck explains they have diarrhea on the game lol. That's hilarious haha

Blizzard

Banned

Fifth ARAM in a row, no AFK at last! Nice people, everyone's joking and laughing in allchat, close game.

Then at a key moment about 20 minutes in, one of our most fed players completely disconnects. We won, but still, no escape from the AFK streak. I'm going to stop for the night on that note.

Well, he was definitely something. Maybe not a dick. Or a jerk. But something. And when I think of the perfect word for it, I'll come back and share. And you'll all look like fools. Fools, I say!
One day you'll ask for mid, someone will lock in an ambiguous champion that can go top or mid like Lissandra, say absolutely nothing, not take "lane meta" spells like TP that give you an idea of where they'll go, then come back at the end of pick phase, see that someone picked a mid laner and go "wtf I'm mid, I was peeing".

Then you'll see what a real dick is

Opiate

He's not under any obligation to say something. He's first pick, he gets what he wants. Whether he calls a role or not, the outcome in unchanged.

I want to point out the distinction between "obligation" and "courtesy." It is courteous to not call you an ugly jerk, even if I think that; however I am not under any obligation to refrain. There are no legal ramifications, for instance. I won't get banned.

Generally, jerks fall back on the argument that they aren't obligated to be nice.

subtles

My attempt at learning the adc role as been going well for the most part. The biggest issue I have is that my somewhat intuitive understanding of Tristana's kit, spikes and limits (currently 24-7) hasn't carried over to any other adc (they feel somewhat clunky).

Is it just a matter of playing enough games on them, or should I be watching more footage?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
I want to point out the distinction between "obligation" and "courtesy." It is courteous to not call you an ugly jerk, even if I think that; however I am not under any obligation to refrain. There are no legal ramifications, for instance. I won't get banned.

Generally, jerks fall back on the argument that they aren't obligated to be nice.
You are obligated to respect pick order though, and it would certainly be courteous to not pitch a fit over being first loser if you have to take a secondary role.

people need to come to terms with the idea that whatever nonsense they type in the banning phase means nothing.

There is a simple method everyone should practice when they are second in a paired pick phase, wait until 15 seconds are left on the clock and then softlock, then wait for the other guy to lock and adjust accordingly.
--

Actually come to think of it, you probably can get banned for misbehaving over pick order. i seem to recall it happening before, and i've certainly emailed a few screenshots to riot support as manual reports.

You'll have to play more games with other ADCs because like Cait, Tristana gives you a huge safety net that most ADCs don't get to have, so you'll need to figure out positioning.

subtles

You'll have to play more games with other ADCs because like Cait, Tristana gives you a huge safety net that most ADCs don't get to have, so you'll need to figure out positioning.

So I should ride the Sivir train? Get the Bandit skin to boot?!

Please welcome me with open arms, Newt.

garath

My attempt at learning the adc role as been going well for the most part. The biggest issue I have is that my somewhat intuitive understanding of Tristana's kit, spikes and limits (currently 24-7) hasn't carried over to any other adc (they feel somewhat clunky).

Is it just a matter of playing enough games on them, or should I be watching more footage?

Play Ashe. That will teach you the ways of the ADC. If you can succeed with Ashe, ADCs with an escape are a walk in the park.

subtles

Thanks for the input. Let's see what comes of this dangerous no dash game.

On another note, we were terrorized by a Top lane Nunu last game. He got Thornmail (along with Rammus) and would just laugh all game. I always forget how strong the Yeti is. We were 32-23 at one point, but barely backdoored for the win at 44-50.

It amazes me how litte vision and objectives mean in Silver. The team would run to a lane with three opp. members killing one of ours on the other side of the map rather than take an inhib.

Running to defend a tower about to fall is another weird occurrence. I thought trading objectives was supposed to be a thing...

Bacon

The best is when you are sieging their middle inhib turret and then you hear the dreaded back ping because one player of theirs is attacking the inner top turret, then four people go back and you lose the turret anyway while not getting theirs. Good job boys.

Newt

So I should ride the Sivir train? Get the Bandit skin to boot?!

Please welcome me with open arms, Newt.
Sivir is definitely not a bad champion to pick up. Honestly though, I wouldn‘t recommend Ashe. She‘s actually one of the most difficult ADCs in the game.

I recommend Draven. If you master this guy you‘ll be a god when it comes to silver or gold.

that was the point of recommending Ashe, Newt.

She's difficult to play because she's all about positioning. If Subtles can get Ashe down, other ADCs will be much easier to pick up.

Recommending Draven isn't really great for someone wanting to learn the role because he plays so differently to other ADCs.

garath

Sivir is definitely not a bad champion to pick up. Honestly though, I wouldn‘t recommend Ashe. She‘s actually one of the most difficult ADCs in the game.

I recommend Draven. If you master this guy you‘ll be a god when it comes to silver or gold.

She's difficult to play because she's all about positioning. If Subtles can get Ashe down, other ADCs will be much easier to pick up.

Recommending Draven isn't really great for someone wanting to learn the role because he plays so differently to other ADCs.

Yeah. Ashe is tough. Her and Varus are so position based that if you can play them competently then other ADCs should be a piece of cake.

I really like Ashe. I get stomped in laning phase usually but turn it around in teamfights. I love her ult. So much fun.

Newt

I just think she's way too difficult to play if you're just learning. Even I struggle with her.

Though, I don't think her laning is too bad.

garath

I just think she's way too difficult to play if you're just learning. Even I struggle with her.

Though, I don't think her laning is too bad.

That I'd agree with. Not a good ADC for someone starting out. Even though she's one of the cheapest lol.

Her laning is ok imo. I personally struggle with it but that's more because I'm not as good at laning with ADC in general than Ashe.

Newt

That I'd agree with. Not a good ADC for someone starting out. Even though she's one of the cheapest lol.

Her laning is ok imo. I personally struggle with it but that's more because I'm not as good at laning with ADC in general than Ashe.
The main thing is taking advantage of her cozy 600 range.

I think her laning is fine, she has a rough mid game though until she gets her items.

I think she's pretty good for someone starting out. There's no better ADC to show you the ropes than Ashe. She really shows the upsides and downsides to the role. Super unforgiving but very rewarding when you play her well.

She was one of the first ADs I played and I think to this day, even though I only play her in normals, I'm pretty sure my win rate with her is pretty crazy. Can't remember the last time I lost a game as Ashe.

Low skill floor because of her simple kit but high skill ceiling due to how you play her. Great for really getting to grips with ADC imo.

Newt

I think her laning is fine, she has a rough mid game though until she gets her items.

I think she's pretty good for someone starting out. There's no better ADC to show you the ropes than Ashe. She really shows the upsides and downsides to the role. Super unforgiving but very rewarding when you play her well.

She was one of the first ADs I played and I think to this day, even though I only play her in normals, I'm pretty sure my win rate with her is pretty crazy. Can't remember the last time I lost a game as Ashe.

Low skill floor because of her simple kit but high skill ceiling due to how you play her. Great for really getting to grips with ADC imo.
I think she has a pretty high skill floor, but then again, I'm used to seeing champions like Lucian so I'm a bit biased.

nah, if you want to learn how to play adc, you want a champ that doesn't instantly get annihilated if anyone gets close to you. Sivir, Lucian, etc.

Edwardo

Ashe is pretty cool. Her ult is awesome for catching people out. I went 4-0 with her last season. Wish I played her more often.

I think she has a pretty high skill floor, but then again, I'm used to seeing champions like Lucian so I'm a bit biased.

I mean Lucian is the champion I've played the most recently and I think she has a much lower skill floor than Lucian. Lucian's a 500 range carry that has multiple build paths to optimise his damage depending on what he's against, an ult unique to anything else in the game in terms of how it functions, a different play style to the normal auto-attacking champions.

I'm not saying Lucian's skill floor is immense, but it's definitely higher than Ashe's. Certainly from a functionality standpoint. His skill ceiling is a lot lower.

Ashe's kit is far simpler. Ashe takes more skill to play well, but playing them on a basic functional level Ashe is pretty simple and not as complex as Lucian.

H1PSTER

I have no idea what just happened.

Pls explain GAF.

PLiIBmu.png

What's the best way to level an account without using exp boosts?
There's not a lot you can do except... keep playing. It doesn't really matter anyway if this is your first account. You don't want to jump into ranked yet.

If this is a smurf and you know what you're doing - get Yi, take teleport, red elixir start, grind TT intermediate co-op vs. AI and end each match in under ten minutes. Still a lot of grinding but it's less time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom