• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can only say that high level dominion conversations are usually quite constructive.
I assume that is because Dominion has a more tightly-knit sense of community, sort of like fighting game communities since you guys are basically carrying a game on your backs. You guys "know" each other, you guys know what to expect, it should be a experience similar to Challenger ELO in Classic.

Summoner's Rift solo Q on the other hand? That's wild west baby. A bajillion players from varied levels of age and maturity who until you get to the higher ELOs you'll likely never play with again nor want to.

yeah but everyone knows each other in dominion draft.

every match in sr matches you with people that want to vomit down your throat and watch it burn.

Nekofrog

Banned
dominion queue is like an incestuous nebula of players who transfer the stink of each other with each game played

i dont actually know anything about dominion opiate sry

Sofo

Playing Team Builder just to play on the new SR has provided lots of unintentional comedy. Sometimes I see the most insane match ups. I had a game where our mid lane was unranked, but the enemy mid laner was Diamond. That was a stomp. First blood under 2:00. I've been on the fortunate side of it too. It's crazy how bad the matches can get. So many 20:00 surrenders.

Yeah, today I've been on the losing side of these stomps. The matchmaking wasn't so bizzarre but it has definitely been in the past, with the new SR map (and us playing with our level 16 friend).

5 games today, won 2 only ._.

Bought Amumu and only won one of those matches (the other one won was with Janna Mejai's, an outright stomp), and that match I was completely useless because all lanes won.

I honestly suck at landing Amumu's Qs, I don't understand how I am so troubled with it. I can land good Qs and Es on Thresh and Leona but for some reason, I was struggling the entire game. At one point, I missed it vs the Wight.... And ofc the ones that were going to land, they flashed them. -_-;

I tried building him both AP and Tank and I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong with him or what, but I sucked both ways. Idk ._. Also some of the ults I landed were more for disengage than engage so it was kinda moot.

Got stomped as Lulu top vs Yasuo. I was poking him and all, but my farm was terrible (my own fault, and then he started poking me more and more) and he could just life steal my poke away. He got me just 3 times in lane but he got big enough around the map thanks to the ults of the useless (I guess not so) of Malphite and he just split pushed all day which got him huge. It seemed we could turn it around but in the end, even with a Baron steal, by then Jinx had gotten the items she needed (although she lost lane) and then we had to take care of both Yasuo and Jinx. At least I was useful and tried to support our midlaner, Twisted Fate, but she couldn't really carry all the damage that we needed.

guys I'm writing a 2,000 word essay on a civil society organisation's opposition to the transatlantic trade and investment partnership

I want to die

send help

something something league of legends something

guys I'm writing a 2,000 word essay on a civil society organisation's opposition to the transatlantic trade and investment partnership

I want to die

send help

something something league of legends something
I have a a TAFTA/TTIP/CETA/TISA (and SACU!) news alert on my phone. I've actually worked with some of those organisations that are so against it, but I'm not an economist, I don't know how to gauge it. Really I wish someone would just do something and then everyone can stop talking about it.

2000 words is like nothing tho
turn up da block quotes

my first 400 words is basically block quotes

I have a a TAFTA/TTIP/CETA/TISA (and SACU!) news alert on my phone. I've actually worked with some of those organisations that are so against it, but I'm not an economist, I don't know how to gauge it. Really I wish someone would just do something and then everyone can stop talking about it.

well now I know for next time to contact schmatt about it.

I'm writing about an Irish organisation that's opposing it, which is handy enough. the main sticking point is that I have to use academic sources on CSOs which is like trying to find a needle in a haystack. x2.

Yeah, today I've been on the losing side of these stomps. The matchmaking wasn't so bizzarre but it has definitely been in the past, with the new SR map (and us playing with our level 16 friend).

5 games today, won 2 only ._.

Bought Amumu and only won one of those matches (the other one won was with Janna Mejai's, an outright stomp), and that match I was completely useless because all lanes won.

I honestly suck at landing Amumu's Qs, I don't understand how I am so troubled with it. I can land good Qs and Es on Thresh and Leona but for some reason, I was struggling the entire game. At one point, I missed it vs the Wight.... And ofc the ones that were going to land, they flashed them. -_-;

I tried building him both AP and Tank and I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong with him or what, but I sucked both ways. Idk ._. Also some of the ults I landed were more for disengage than engage so it was kinda moot.

Different projectile speed, different range. I think Thresh's Q is longer, and there's also a windup. You'll get better with more practice.

Sometimes though it's just luck.

Sofo

Different projectile speed, different range. I think Thresh's Q is longer, and there's also a windup. You'll get better with more practice.

Sometimes though it's just luck.

Yeah I thought of that too, idk, I wasn't having good games to begin with. I don't know what it is but every single time I play jungle, everyone gets super demanding -_-

Also I was having mana problems at first? A friend to me to use W > E > toggle W off right after and just use E to farm camps?

clemenx

Banned
Not sure what to buy I want another ADC and definitely want Graves. I roll with MF-Twitch-Sivir at the moment. But I want another top laner as well I'm basicaly a Ryze-Gnar user with Riven or Kayle on the side. Was thinking either Irelia or Rumble I wish I could play more so I could have more IP :(

Not sure what to buy I want another ADC and definitely want Graves. I roll with MF-Twitch-Sivir at the moment. But I want another top laner as well I'm basicaly a Ryze-Gnar user with Riven or Kayle on the side. Was thinking either Irelia or Rumble I wish I could play more so I could have more IP :(

fiora

or quinn. she can do both

sleepykyo

This isn't really true -- adult communication obviously trumps formality. The pick order is the nonsense here: it's put in place for children who can't communicate their needs and goals properly. That is, it's there for those who cannot communicate properly, not for those who can.

That's an interesting take on it. How do you feel better communication would resolve the issue when multiple players desire the same role? Has Riot released data on whether absolute advantages or comparative advantages should dictate which of the two tops gets the role? Or it is a case that you feel the adherence to convention is unnecessary and that with proper communication the team will do just fine with 3 tops and 2 mids?

Blizzard

Banned
That's an interesting take on it. How do you feel better communication would resolve the issue when multiple players desire the same role? Has Riot released data on whether absolute advantages or comparative advantages should dictate which of the two tops gets the role? Or it is a case that you feel the adherence to convention is unnecessary and that with proper communication the team will do just fine with 3 tops and 2 mids?
I'm not Opiation, but my take on it would be that if people are "mature" on some level and don't treat each other like jerks, they can use basic politeness and communication to resolve ties like that.

If two people ask for mid, one can say "That's fine, you called first" or "That's fine, you're first pick" or whatever. A key aspect may be not being rude, and people not being upset.

Is it wrong that I love to type "Easy." in all chat as I end games?

yes. you are a bad person and you should feel bad. unless it's your team getting absolutely slaughtered and you type it when you lose. That's acceptable

-------------------------------

ASSIGNMENT CONQUERED

#bedbefore4AMthedream

-------------------------------

Edit: SRU now live in all normal game modes, including customs, blind pick and draft pick

sleepykyo

I'm not Opiation, but my take on it would be that if people are "mature" on some level and don't treat each other like jerks, they can use basic politeness and communication to resolve ties like that.

If two people ask for mid, one can say [1]"That's fine, you called first" or [2]"That's fine, you're first pick" or whatever. A key aspect may be not being rude, and people not being upset.

The former simply is a rush to type first and largely dependent on having the best connection. The latter used pick order, which seems to be in question at the moment.

It really shouldn't be such an issue as pick order and civil discourse isn't mutually exclusive. Although it doesn't provide much in terms of strategy, it is simply a fair (in the sense of that is random) way to give priority and quick resolution as opposed to using lolking on every player and hashing out who should to go to which lane.

All the mid Plat+ Vaynes I supported really have the moves in teamfights. It's just that their sense of laning isn't always good. Janna just shielded Lucian? Better not wait it out!

Meanwhile I find it impossible land Dark Binding against Vaynes in lane. 2gud4me

its the opposite for me

laning phase my babysitting makes sure they don't choke on their own vomit but as soon as I begin roaming or try to ward while we're pushed up, the adc suddenly loses the part of the brain that controls self preservation and dies again.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
When i play janna i never die.

i feel like if i could take my 'not dying' from janna and give it to zyra, i'd be great.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I have been pretty uninterested in League lately even with a lot of the changes. boxbox is dressed up as Bunny Girl Riven during his queue and playing some DDR clone to anime songs though. I thought he was going to pass out after he did half a song with the way he was breathing.

Tried Quinn in a bot game and she's pretty fun. Not a fan of the range though. What's the DPS like on her ult? Seems counter intuitive to have an ADC get to melee range to fight and execute.

Newt

Why people build that crappy Ezreal build I will never understand. He was 2/7 at one point.

ce8e6b792265123c46cac72b0dc798f1.png

Leezard

I can only say that high level dominion conversations are usually quite constructive, even allowing for some afks (which always happens, but isn't a problem because they presumably have to get back at some point to pick a champion).

I assume that is because Dominion has a more tightly-knit sense of community, sort of like fighting game communities since you guys are basically carrying a game on your backs. You guys "know" each other, you guys know what to expect, it should be a experience similar to Challenger ELO in Classic.

Summoner's Rift solo Q on the other hand? That's wild west baby. A bajillion players from varied levels of age and maturity who until you get to the higher ELOs you'll likely never play with again nor want to.

Higher level solo queue (D2-D1) usually works out quite fine in terms of communication in champ select. It was a long time since I had a champ select that refused to communicate. Last time we had 3 adc mains in the same queue we managed to salvage it by finding everyone's best secondary role and the guy that was last pick actually got to pick adc.

I remember the problems of lower ranks in solo queue, but you don't need to get to challenger elo before things get better.

Sofo

Hey all, been busy this weekend but still working on the taric stuff, Here is one of the concept armors I'm working on (want to have at least 5).

Remember it's just a concept so the sketchy lines and that will be cleaned up in the end, this is just to get to idea across.

jYsRKWH.jpg

Love the detail on it even if it's still just a concept, you are very talented!

Can't wait to see more.

Jeff-DSA

My second game with Fizz. Looking at others play him, he seems a lot easier than he actually is. Maybe it's just that I'm still in the awkward stage with him, but I don't have a good feel for the radius of his Playful/Trickster and his Q range. I'll get that. Pretty fun champion, but I totally understand why everybody hates him. You can have a sliver of life left and someone at full health will chase you only for you to turn around and 100-0 them immediately.

Negaduck

Quick question.

When you guys ace a team do you go for baron first or go for mid inhib first?

I always say baron first because of the power boost and removing the objective from the other team.

Also with baron you can push the base that much faster and win a team fight easier.

Blizzard

Banned
Quick question.

When you guys ace a team do you go for baron first or go for mid inhib first?

I always say baron first because of the power boost and removing the objective from the other team.

Also with baron you can push the base that much faster and win a team fight easier.
Throwing by going to baron is a rich and time-honored tradition.

In theory if you can safely kill it, get everyone back to base, be back to defend your own towers before the enemy can kill them, and all your team members are good enough to reliably win team fights with proper positioning and vision, it's good though.

brian!

it depends on what the map looks like after an ace, what time the ace happened, and what your team looks like (health, comp, etc.)

baron is usually more worthwhile than mid inhib (again, depending on what the game is looking like), while bot inhib can help you get baron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom