• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
I'm in Calgary (Canada), and I get around 60 ping for League, although it spikes sometimes. Seems weird that I get less than you east coasters.

why would it be weird, you're closer to the servers.

Jerd's ping is weird though. 100 in missouri? i get 75 in ontario. must be a routing thing.

you guys all suck, I live in California and get 40 ping.

I can go 10 ish at work when no one's around. 40 is already high for me at home. Usually only happens when I have Steam downloading something at around half my bandwidth.

One of the few things Garena does well.

Is anyone gonna make a thread in Gaming when the patch drops?

i can
smile.gif

Bacon

League of legends? I heard you have to spend hundreds of dollars to get all the characters in that game. Free to play my ass!

fucking dota clone map riot are so shit look at this picture that slags dota that was made by garena not riot but we are conveniently leaving that part out etc. etc.

I can make it if you guys want. I'll put it together later this evening once the patch notes hit.

Sofo

I tend to have around 38 ping, I play on EUW but I live in Norway.

http://matchhistory.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/EUW1/1831818037/206655443

Just had a really fun game as Jarvan IV (though lost the one prior to that). Basically all ganks worked (to a certain degree) and it was funny to see Pantheon trying to counterjungle me after he was way behind.

http://matchhistory.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/EUW1/1831794110/206655443

The one we lost I had some problems with it. Lee Sin camped top, and when I went there, my top died to Irelia and I managed to kill her but idk. She asked me not to come again because it was counterproductive. ._.

Orianna lost hard to Katarina (pre-6 Orianna was already half minions of Kat's, I don't see how that is even possible) and never pushed the wave in order to force her not to roam. Because of that, Katarina roamed bot and got fed early on.

I don't know what to do as a jungler, people whine so fucking much, even my own friends, and then they complain when I gank and not or if I take a kill. Bear in mind that the doublekill I got was from finding Kat and Lee trying to do dragon and getting both of them there (they were very low on HP).

What to do then though? When no lane is winning and we have no map pressure? I feel so useless as a jungler sometimes. And even if I try to camp a lane, others ask me to gank as well, should I just ignore? -_- I want to be impactful on all lanes...

garath

I tend to have around 38 ping, I play on EUW but I live in Norway.

http://matchhistory.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/EUW1/1831818037/206655443

Just had a really fun game as Jarvan IV (though lost the one prior to that). Basically all ganks worked (to a certain degree) and it was funny to see Pantheon trying to counterjungle me after he was way behind.

http://matchhistory.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/EUW1/1831794110/206655443

The one we lost I had some problems with it. Lee Sin camped top, and when I went there, my top died to Irelia and I managed to kill her but idk. She asked me not to come again because it was counterproductive. ._.

Orianna lost hard to Katarina (pre-6 Orianna was already half minions of Kat's, I don't see how that is even possible) and never pushed the wave in order to force her not to roam. Because of that, Katarina roamed bot and got fed early on.

I don't know what to do as a jungler, people whine so fucking much, even my own friends, and then they complain when I gank and not or if I take a kill. Bear in mind that the doublekill I got was from finding Kat and Lee trying to do dragon and getting both of them there (they were very low on HP).

What to do then though? When no lane is winning and we have no map pressure? I feel so useless as a jungler sometimes. And even if I try to camp a lane, others ask me to gank as well, should I just ignore? -_- I want to be impactful on all lanes...

That second game looked like a trainwreck. Probably not much you could have done there. A kat double kill bot at 4 min is tough to come back from.

What I would have done though:

I would have completely ignored top if Lee was camping it and Olaf was losing hard. If you try to gank the Irelia, she'd probably get a kill anyways and/or Lee could show up and you'd lose the 2v2. Try to avoid lanes that are getting completely stomped unless you KNOW it's a 2v1 and you are going to win it. Any time you see Lee up top, try to apply pressure elsewhere on the map. Gank mid or bot, get some deep wards in Lee's jungle, counter jungle, etc. Unfortunately it's hard to gank a decent Katarina so bot was probably your best bet to gank and hopefully turn that into dragons. Soraka doesn't do a lot to help ganks so you'd want to coordinate Ashe arrow with your CC. If you succeed in getting some good deep wards down then you can also counter gank mid and bot pretty well if Lee decides to show up.

Also aegis wasn't a good item in this case. And I wouldn't have gone mobos either. Probably would have gone brutalizer after the elder lizard and then probably randuins. You'd be tankier and have more damage than the stats aegis provides. Aegis is best against an AE heavy magic team.

Basically if the enemy jungler is camping top, that should turn into dragons for you and bottom of the map control. Punish him for spending that much time up there.

drawkcaB

I'm in Calgary (Canada), and I get around 60 ping for League, although it spikes sometimes. Seems weird that I get less than you east coasters.

Probably because you're thinking of one of those distorted maps that warp the size and shape of certain continents/countries. If you look at a more accurately projected map (e.g. Peters Projection) you'll see that Calgary is just a bit further from California than, say, Austin.

Sofo

That second game looked like a trainwreck. Probably not much you could have done there. A kat double kill bot at 4 min is tough to come back from.

What I would have done though:

I would have completely ignored top if Lee was camping it and Olaf was losing hard. If you try to gank the Irelia, she'd probably get a kill anyways and/or Lee could show up and you'd lose the 2v2. Try to avoid lanes that are getting completely stomped unless you KNOW it's a 2v1 and you are going to win it. Any time you see Lee up top, try to apply pressure elsewhere on the map. Gank mid or bot, get some deep wards in Lee's jungle, counter jungle, etc. Unfortunately it's hard to gank a decent Katarina so bot was probably your best bet to gank and hopefully turn that into dragons. Soraka doesn't do a lot to help ganks so you'd want to coordinate Ashe arrow with your CC. If you succeed in getting some good deep wards down then you can also counter gank mid and bot pretty well if Lee decides to show up.

Also aegis wasn't a good item in this case. And I wouldn't have gone mobos either. Probably would have gone brutalizer after the elder lizard and then probably randuins. You'd be tankier and have more damage than the stats aegis provides. Aegis is best against an AE heavy magic team.

Basically if the enemy jungler is camping top, that should turn into dragons for you and bottom of the map control. Punish him for spending that much time up there.

Thanks! That's actually really helpful. I did counterjungle him (I had more enemy jungle minions than mine!) but it seemed it was actually worthless in the end. I guess you are right that Aegis isn't that great, I just kinda wanted to help vs Kat but eh... not that useful I guess vs only her! I just love mobis on junglers but it's true that sometimes I could go with actual fighting stats better than mobis (particularly when we are losing everywhere).

I did go Brutalizer on the first game of the post, and then Randuin's, and that seemed to work better, but also I got lots of kills and assists. A starved jungler sucks. ;(

the aegis was fine there, especially since they did about 14k magic damage to your team but nobody on your team except for you really itemized for the biggest threat on their team, katarina. thats what pretty much screwed you guys.

garath

the aegis was fine there, especially since they did about 14k magic damage to your team but nobody on your team except for you really itemized for the biggest threat on their team, katarina. thats what pretty much screwed you guys.

Aegis would have been fine later, but not at 19 min into a losing game. The 20mr would not be saving his team that far behind and wasn't giving him personally enough stats to turn the game around. He would have been better off putting that money into armor or damage.

But yeah, it's all pretty silly to talk about anyways. The game was a stomp. Ori should have bought an Athene's first item and she might have had a chance against Kat. I don't understand the Morellonomicon at all.

Tizoc

I want to buy a Maokai skin now :V

Lately I've been playing matches where we were losing early on but by the end game we manage to pull through. Great comebacks.

Mandoric

Banned
I wonder if people will take the 15-second base wall as a slight buff to CV, or if it's just to keep slower buyers from always getting beaten to the mid-river brush.

drawkcaB

I absolutely love his new walking animation. Now that his Christmas skin doesn't suck ass I'll be picking that up as well and get the whole set.

sofo said:
I did counterjungle him (I had more enemy jungle minions than mine!) but it seemed it was actually worthless in the end.

But did you? ;)

Counter-jungling isn't about countering the jungler - it's about countering jungling as a whole. Yes, sometimes the two concepts go hand in hand but it's more than just taking some of his camps or even killing him. Hell, you can go about not even stealing a single monster and never see they guy and still counter-jungle him. How? Wards! You put down 5 wards in 20 minutes, and I'm willing to bet at least 3 were to protect your own stuff.

You're playing Jarvan, a champion who actually can buy a sightstone comfortably because he was the tools to escape bad situations. So let's say you finish your SotEL and you already know the game is getting out of hand with all three lanes losing, there isn't a single item - offensive or defensive- that'll make you strong enough to carry through that, so who gives a fuck if you aren't buying combat stats? But a sightstone and peppering the map with wards in key spots? That can help you stop the bleeding and setup picks that are desperately needed to turn into objectives.

Casanova

When are the NA servers expected to come back up in EST? My client will not even launch at all. Is everyone experiencing this?

I just click on the desktop icon on my Mac, and nothing happens...

Sofo

But yeah, it's all pretty silly to talk about anyways. The game was a stomp. Ori should have bought an Athene's first item and she might have had a chance against Kat. I don't understand the Morellonomicon at all.

I don't understand half of what that guy does when he plays with us. He's not one of my usual friends, but we just wanted a full set of 5 because we have a person learning the game and to spare him from flaming/everyone get the role we want.

This is the person I had to remind him to push the lane, and instead tried to follow Kat when he was already behind in both minions and kills. Before he died to Kat, he was already down like two waves-worth of CS, and I don't know how an Orianna can't zone out a Katarina... I mean, for all I know, that matchup is heavily in favour of Orianna, no?

While our mid turret was almost down, their turret was basically unscathed. And of course the time I was soaking up EXP and last hitting _before_ he arrived at the lane, he complained, lol.

But did you? ;)

Counter-jungling isn't about countering the jungler - it's about countering jungling as a whole. Yes, sometimes the two concepts go hand in hand but it's more than just taking some of his camps or even killing him. Hell, you can go about not even stealing a single monster and never see they guy and still counter-jungle him. How? Wards! You put down 5 wards in 20 minutes, and I'm willing to bet at least 3 were to protect your own stuff.

You're playing Jarvan, a champion who actually can buy a sightstone comfortably because he was the tools to escape bad situations. So let's say you finish your SotEL and you already know the game is getting out of hand with all three lanes losing, there isn't a single item - offensive or defensive- that'll make you strong enough to carry through that, so who gives a fuck if you aren't buying combat stats? But a sightstone and peppering the map with wards in key spots? That can help you stop the bleeding and setup picks that are desperately needed to turn into objectives.

You're absolutely right! I have been meaning to get a sighstone as jungler, but I keep skipping on that, scared of "wasting" the gold for it. I love vision and I guess particularly with someone who is learning support in LoL (he plays it on DoTA) so his warding isn't really up there yet.

PD. What is CV?

Bacon

I forgot Kalista was coming out. Doesn't seem like there is as much hype for her as there has been for the past few champion releases.

garath

I don't understand half of what that guy does when he plays with us. He's not one of my usual friends, but we just wanted a full set of 5 because we have a person learning the game and to spare him from flaming/everyone get the role we want.

This is the person I had to remind him to push the lane, and instead tried to follow Kat when he was already behind in both minions and kills. Before he died to Kat, he was already down like two waves-worth of CS, and I don't know how an Orianna can't zone out a Katarina... I mean, for all I know, that matchup is heavily in favour of Orianna, no?

While our mid turret was almost down, their turret was basically unscathed. And of course the time I was soaking up EXP and last hitting _before_ he arrived at the lane, he complained, lol.

You're absolutely right! I have been meaning to get a sighstone as jungler, but I keep skipping on that, scared of "wasting" the gold for it. I love vision and I guess particularly with someone who is learning support in LoL (he plays it on DoTA) so his warding isn't really up there yet.

PD. What is CV?

Yep. Orianna has great wave clear and should be pushing Kat in to prevent her from roaming and force her to miss CS(and warding to prevent getting ganked). While she does that you can double up with some deep wards and counter gank Lee if he tries to punish her for it. An Ori+Jarvan should beat a Lee+Kat 2v2, especially if either one of you interrupts Kat's ult. Kat is the one that should be missing a ton of CS in that matchup.

But the game was rough, no doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom