• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the map release and all the preseason stuff took away from the Kalista hype, because that stuff's a much bigger deal honestly.

I have my IP saved up for her. I'll play her, fail at using her but still enjoy it.

I expect Kalista to be broken for quite a while. Certainlyt has a good track record.

I expect her to be like Zed and Yasuo. People will think she sucks, then get the hang of her, and then she'll dominate before she gets nerfed and will be amazing in great players' hands and bait for the rest of us mortals.

although they need to buff Yasuo a bit I think

Yasuo is fine.

I'm expecting sub 40% winrates for Kalista at first. Mechanically intensive adc that relies on teamwork and focuses more on utilitu than raw damage? People will feed so hard

Leezard

I expect her to be like Zed and Yasuo. People will think she sucks, then get the hang of her, and then she'll dominate before she gets nerfed and will be amazing in great players' hands and bait for the rest of us mortals.

although they need to buff Yasuo a bit I think

Yasuo was really broken in D2/D1 within a couple of days of release. I was really surprised when they buffed him in the following patch.
I think you are right in that it will take some time for most people to learn her auto-attack-leaping mechanics properly though; she will only get stronger as the days pass.

The ultimate will probably be really unreliable in soloq before people get used to her like people used to forget about thresh lantern.

Despite all this I still expect her to be really strong a couple of days/ a week after release.

meh, she seems to have a relatively simple kit minus the fact that you can't cancel your aa animations. The only real "complex" mechanic involved is the ultimate.

I think, if she can hold lane against Lucian and Corki, she will be nuts in competitive. So much kill pressure, especially since two of the most popular competitive supports are Thresh and Braum who are happy to dive in.

And what works in competitive will come to solo queue, whether it should or shouldn't.

I'm not saying that Kalista can out-duel Lucian (because nobody can right now) but she has the potential (CLG style) for having decent 1v1s. All depends on what people max first on Kalista.

NICE QUOTING STONE

YOU BROKE IT

ARE YOU HAPPY NOW

Besides, you and I both know that people do stupid shit when champions are first released. Or it could be a case of Vayne where you either max your damage skill first or your mobility/damage modifier.

I fucking hate mobile GAF

Anyways, all maxing Q gives is increased base damage. E increases the slow, the damage amp and the base, in theory it should do better damage early-mid

Leezard

I fucking hate mobile GAF

Anyways, all maxing Q gives is increased base damage. E increases the slow, the damage amp and the base, in theory it should do better damage early-mid

E will be ace for the extended trades, like Twitch. I can see her being weak in short burst trades unless her numbers are insane, but she has the kit to prolong a trade. Choosing the right support will probably be important. Braum should be great.

yeah but how many times will you be in a position to do that?

lucian literally just dashes up to you, autos you twice, qs you, autos you twice and you're already half dead.

Thats not a short trade, thats Lucian players being frauds

Seriously though, she's sorta tanky so maaaaaaybe it won't be a fucking nightmare

Jeff-DSA

E will be ace for the extended trades, like Twitch. I can see her being weak in short burst trades unless her numbers are insane, but she has the kit to prolong a trade. Choosing the right support will probably be important. Braum should be great.

Braum - Obvious reasons. He can stun on her ult as a bailout move and then jump back to her to cover escape or he can ult and buy her tons of time to stack damage up.

Zyra - Toss her in, have her use her ult with seeds and cause all kinds of havoc. Even just her E at point blank range would guarantee a root.

Blitzcrank - Can be thrown in and do his knockup and static field crap.

Thresh - He can get thrown in and pop his ultimate for an insane CC combo.

I'll stop now, because I think she just makes any support extremely dangerous with her ult. I imagine that Braum and Thresh will be especially strong with her though.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I feel like Kalista will be pretty weak to Blitzcrank. Have to see though.
Zyra - Toss her in, have her use her ult with seeds and cause all kinds of havoc. Even just her E at point blank range would guarantee a root.
Oh god please don't.

Leezard

Braum - Obvious reasons. He can stun on her ult as a bailout move and then jump back to her to cover escape or he can ult and buy her tons of time to stack damage up.

Blitzcrank - Can be thrown in and do his knockup and static field crap.

Thresh - He can get thrown in and pop his ultimate for an insane CC combo.

I'll stop now, because I think she just makes any support extremely dangerous with her ult. I imagine that Braum and Thresh will be especially strong with her though.
I was thinking more about laning rather than her ult. Pre-6 is important.
I feel like Kalista will be pretty weak to Blitzcrank. Have to see though.
She should be easy to hit with any sort of skill shot if you have good timing since she can't cancel her autos. Blitz is probably decent.

Snow Day Malz

dads.jpg

Blood Moon Thresh

dfafs.jpg

Jeff-DSA

they get knocked up for about half of a second, and then they're free to just blow zyra into pieces.

Ah, it's a knock up. I thought it was a full stun. I guess that would only work if it was a big team fight and you could be sure you're catching out 2-3 champs with the combo.

nah, the effort probably won't change, just the jumping mechanics will probably need a bit of getting used to (or people will find ways of circumventing it like they did with Riven's Q animation.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom