• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skux

You can steal smite buffs from enemy camps, since the buff is transferred when you smite, not when you kill. By doing so you can waste an opponent's smite if he smites a camp without realising that there's no buff to be transferred. The camp glows if you can get a smite buff, but not many people realise that yet.

drawkcaB

Righteous Glory might also be alright somewhere down the line, though the Catalyst is a little dubious.

I dunno about that one. I'm not sure I see the point of putting that sort of initiation power on Trundle. So you run up to the enemy with your team and once you get there Righteous Glory's AoE slow is going to pop, which is nice and all except you had a long range, long lasting AoE slow to begin with. I think righteous glory [in theory] is for champions like Singed, Skarner, or Volibear who can initiate if they can just get to the line.

If I'm Trundle and I want a tanky utility item, why not Face of the Mountain? It's open to junglers now and it'll help accentuate his "bodyguard" and counter initiation strengths.

Bob White

You can steal smite buffs from enemy camps, since the buff is transferred when you smite, not when you kill. By doing so you can waste an opponent's smite if he smites a camp without realising that there's no buff to be transferred. The camp glows if you can get a smite buff, but not many people realise that yet.

Wait...wut?

Skux

Wait...wut?

Example: Smiting Krugs (Golems) gives you the Gift of Heavy Hands buff, which stuns monsters every 5 hits. You get the buff immediately after smiting - you do not need to kill the monster to get the buff (unlike blue and red buffs).

It's pretty pointless to smite a camp just for the buff, but there might be some clever uses in stealing the smite buffs from your opponent's camps. The Wolves buff is especially useful to steal since it both grants you true sight if you get spotted by a ward, and denies that buff to the enemy jungler.

drawkcaB

It's pretty pointless to smite a camp just for the buff, but there might be some clever uses in stealing the smite buffs from your opponent's camps. The Raptors buff is especially useful to steal since it both grants you true sight if you get spotted by a ward, and denies that buff to the enemy jungler.

Smite his wolves.

drawkcaB

I have to do a bit more testing, but it seems that Machete's magic damage DoT doesn't stack with itself. If it were, then I'd would see lots of blue numbers when gaining lots of attack speed. This would explain why attack speed runes aren't improving the clear speed of jungle tanks* I've been testing (Nautilus, Sejuani, Rammus, etc.). I thought it would work the same as Nautilus' W damage because the wording is so similar. Need to test some more, maybe buy a bunch of recurve bows and see what happens to the numbers.

It seems that unless the champion benefits from on-hit procs of some sort (e.g. Warwick, Diana) then attack speed runes aren't useful. I'll be changing my Xin runes set to AD marks/quints from the AD/AS mix I have now.

*For those interested in jungling tanks, try Armor marks on top of the armor seals. Feels pretty good. Quints are choice between HP and AP, and AP is only if you have someone like Maokai who can wipe the fucking chickens of the face of the earth by stacking seeds before first spawn.

Nekofrog

Banned
I have to do a bit more testing, but it seems that Machete's magic damage DoT doesn't stack with itself. If it were, then I'd would see lots of blue numbers when gaining lots of attack speed. This would explain why attack speed runes aren't improving the clear speed of jungle tanks* I've been testing (Nautilus, Sejuani, Rammus, etc.). I thought it would work the same as Nautilus' W damage because the wording is so similar. Need to test some more, maybe buy a bunch of recurve bows and see what happens to the numbers.

It seems that unless the champion benefits from on-hit procs of some sort (e.g. Warwick, Diana) then attack speed runes aren't useful. I'll be changing my Xin runes set to AD marks/quints from the AD/AS mix I have now.

*For those interested in jungling tanks, try Armor marks on top of the armor seals. Feels pretty good. Quints are choice between HP and AP, and AP is only if you have someone like Maokai who can wipe the fucking chickens of the face of the earth by stacking seeds before first spawn.

wait, they deleted sword of the divine?

there goes my cheese snowball xin build :(

Burt

Anywhere I can find jungle times to 6 for champs in the new jungle? Or does anyone know what's par for a decent one?

drawkcaB

Anywhere I can find jungle times to 6 for champs in the new jungle? Or does anyone know what's par for a decent one?

~6:45 to 7:20. Some outliers go beyond.

Just an estimate. I haven't tried the fastest clearers to be honest. I can see some champions hit the 6:40 mark.You'll see people out there claim shit like ~6:00 on certain champions but they're basing that off of the first PBE S5 jungle patch were XP was much higher.

Alright, look. I know it doesn't say a whole lot cos my opponents were garbage and so were my team mates, but...

0VgGdel.png

Zac seems pretty decent in the jungle. His clears are pretty quick and safe. Was able to do a full clear to level 4, backing to pick up my jungle item and mobis pretty handily. With Trailblazer he motors through the jungle.

He still does 0 fucking damage, but I think he could be a worthwhile pick if you want to play a tank jungler.

Will experiment more outside of late night team builder queues against better players, but so far so good.

V_Arnold

Sion jungle is fantastic in the new jungle. Fantastic. Picking W first actually makes sense, and if your team can give you an extended leash of Frog -> Blue, you can first return home with ~700 gold, at around 4:30~, and that is pretty amazing!

You do not need to do much damage, as you will scale into a full tank, yet be able to clear jungle easily thanks to the jungle item's added bonuses.

Blizzard

Banned
It's weird to me that Poppy's Q tooltip does not seem to mention that it affects the next autoattack. The way the ability is described sounds as if it is a single-target spell.

Nekofrog

Banned
It's weird to me that Poppy's Q tooltip does not seem to mention that it affects the next autoattack. The way the ability is described sounds as if it is a single-target spell.

it'd be nice if every spell tooltip said whether or not an ability was an autoattack reset as well

drawkcaB

Sion jungle is fantastic in the new jungle. Fantastic. Picking W first actually makes sense, and if your team can give you an extended leash of Frog -> Blue, you can first return home with ~700 gold, at around 4:30~, and that is pretty amazing!

You do not need to do much damage, as you will scale into a full tank, yet be able to clear jungle easily thanks to the jungle item's added bonuses.

Still have to advocate for Q first on Sion. Charge it at 1:53 and enjoy a full 1.75s stun on the monster. That said, the few times I've tried clears with him maxing W felt way better than Q in the jungle. I've come to the personal opinion that Sion's Q is a 1 point wonder. No need to level it until W and E are maxed either in lane or the jungle.

it's kinda disappointing to me that Trailblazer seems to be better than all the other Smite items in most cases. It's to be expected, but still. Don't see how you can look past it on any champion unless you super commit to counter jungling.

Also find it funny that it's the one most people were saying would suck.

drawkcaB

it's kinda disappointing to me that Trailblazer seems to be better than all the other Smite items in most cases. It's to be expected, but still. Don't see how you can look past it on any champion unless you super commit to counter jungling.

It's quite a bit different than before. I liked it, but the health gain and 45s CD weren't there before.

Skux

I wouldn't be so sure yet. People say it's good because it's the most like how they were jungling before - short smite CD, clear everything. People haven't yet built a strategy around pure counterjungling/denial that Poacher could really work with.

If Foxdrop makes one of these alternatives work you'll be seeing it everywhere.

cHinzo

i'm looking to test out some games with xin jungle tonight

Just tried one tonight. Warrior doesn't look too good. :d Devourer should work well with Xin. Too bad the enemy had a 30/7 Akali, not many opporunities to test stuff out without getting blown up. :\

I wouldn't be so sure yet. People say it's good because it's the most like how they were jungling before - short smite CD, clear everything. People haven't yet built a strategy around pure counterjungling/denial that Poacher could really work with.

If Foxdrop makes one of these alternatives work you'll be seeing it everywhere.

yeah like I said I think Poacher's has the most potential should people figure out how to effectively counter jungle with it, but at the moment Trailblazer is so good in almost every situation there's no reason to go anything else.

Going to apologise in advance as I am sure this question has been asked a bunch of times throughout the OT's but can someone please link a solid new players guide? My usual go to place for resources like this is reddit however the LoL reddit doesn't seem to have one.

Few friends play LoL so I am looking to get into it. I have 1200 hours in DOTA so I am not new to moba's but just want to read about the little mechanics that are specific to LoL.

Thanks for any links.

23qwerty

Going to apologise in advance as I am sure this question has been asked a bunch of times throughout the OT's but can someone please link a solid new players guide? My usual go to place for resources like this is reddit however the LoL reddit doesn't seem to have one.

Few friends play LoL so I am looking to get into it. I have 1200 hours in DOTA so I am not new to moba's but just want to read about the little mechanics that are specific to LoL.

Thanks for any links.

This looks like it might help!
http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-l...als-league-of-legends-new-player-guide-371292

cHinzo

Thanks for any links.

This one is all you need.

You could also find answers on your questions on the Summoner School reddit or here of course. :)

Edit: Shen'd T_T

also, don't forget to join the NeoGAF chat channel in the game. People will always be willing to help you out or play some games to help you learn the ropes.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Just tried one tonight. Warrior doesn't look too good. :d Devourer should work well with Xin. Too bad the enemy had a 30/7 Akali, not many opporunities to test stuff out without getting blown up. :
If Warrior was bad why would Riot make a song about it?

Just tried one tonight. Warrior doesn't look too good. :d Devourer should work well with Xin. Too bad the enemy had a 30/7 Akali, not many opporunities to test stuff out without getting blown up. :\

Warrior is really good. it's basically a Brutalizer with 20 extra AD for 163 gold more.

Unless you mean on Xin specifically, in which case I kind of agree. I think it's great if you get fed but Devourer is better in most other circumstances.

Pantheon is a monster with Warrior.

Skux

Yeah Warrior's stats are insane. More AD than the old Elder Lizard and arpen on top of that.

Magus looks good too, an 80AP power spike is not to be trifled with. I really want to try Diana in the new jungle, I hear she does well.

diana can do a doublebuff clear before backing
Because she has blue at that time. W is ridiculously good for clearing and sustain, especially in the past season with Spirit Stone.

With no blue, she has to pick between high health (spamming W) or high mana (not using W). I played her when the jungle item gave 4 MP/s, but I have doubts that the increase to 5 MP/s would make a huge difference.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Downloading the new patch for league.
Its been 25 or so minutes and its at 44% percent.
Wooo.

In the meanwhile, whats the number of people asking for jung now in pregame?

Because she has blue at that time. W is ridiculously good for clearing and sustain, especially in the past season with Spirit Stone.

With no blue, she has to pick between high health (spamming W) or high mana (not using W). I played her when the jungle item gave 4 MP/s, but I have doubts that the increase to 5 MP/s would make a huge difference.
i solo'd red and blue doing golems > red > wolves > blue

i'd imagine it'd be much easier if you had a leash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom