• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nekofrog

Banned
i was able to do both buffs on first clear as master yi, but i also altered my runepage to take out attack speed seals and put armor on just in case. probably could have done it even with attack speed seals.

yi also cheats by having w

cHinzo

If Warrior was bad why would Riot make a song about it?

Dnno if you're trolling or if you're serious... -_-

Warrior is really good. it's basically a Brutalizer with 20 extra AD for 163 gold more.

Unless you mean on Xin specifically, in which case I kind of agree. I think it's great if you get fed but Devourer is better in most other circumstances.
Yeah I meant specifically for Xin. His scaling with AD is awful since only his Q and R scales with it and they are pretty low.

I do like Warrior on my Malph though. Loved how they added the armor pen on the jungle item. Dont even need to go Lizard item + brutaliser anymore on a lot of champs even though it would be funny to go for a full armor pen build on a champ ( Warrior,, Ghostblade, Black Cleaver, Brutalizer and 12 armor pen from marks). Might work on champs like Rengar, Vi or Nocturne. :d

Nekofrog

Banned
Dnno if you're trolling or if you're serious... -_-

Yeah I meant specifically for Xin. His scaling with AD is awful since only his Q and R scales with it and they are pretty low.

I do like Warrior on my Malph though. Loved how they added the armor pen on the jungle item. Dont even need to go Lizard item + brutaliser anymore on a lot of champs even though it would be funny to go for a full armor pen build on a champ ( Warrior,, Ghostblade, Black Cleaver, Brutalizer and 12 armor pen from marks). Might work on champs like Rengar, Vi or Nocturne. :d

i see the use of xin isnt to be a high output dps monster, it's to feed your laners with your straightforward but effective ganks

Newt

So did another game of Kalista with Ocho. Getting the hang of her more and more, though I never really had any problems with the passive. She's actually quite weak against champions like Irelia (though she was fed as hell). Even if I double dashed, Irelia was still able to get to me quite easily. I really enjoy playing her though. I also realized you can ult someone, and then flash and it carries them with you. That's how me and Ocho wrecked this filthy yordle in a teamfight.
dffac0310973fdd82e5ed4d638360f46.png

Bacon

Udyr would definitely be able to do both buffs before backing if he wanted to. As long as you take turtle second you are golden.

can xin 1v1 the new inhib towers?
well i don't really think the dps from the laser is actually that amazing. i walked up to one as ahri with no resistance items except for the 9 armor i had in runes and literally walked from mid to bot inhib under tower and only took like 1/4 of my health in damage.

drawkcaB

cHinzo said:

And his W via AAs, an 80% attack speed steroid with great uptime even before any CDR.

i see the use of xin isnt to be a high output dps monster, it's to feed your laners with your straightforward but effective ganks

You can do whatever you want with Xin. One of, if not the, most flexible junglers in the game. Also, don't play Xin the same way you'd play Nautilus or something. He's best played as a pressure jungler.

Bacon

I don't think people have quite got a handle on how much tower diving hurts now lol. Just had a graves and voli try to dive me in the first minute of laning phase. Easy double kill, that slow is brutal.

23qwerty

Hmm it looks like the smite that's supposed to heal you for 15% of missing health and mana doesn't work on minions like it seems to imply..

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Hmm it looks like the smite that's supposed to heal you for 15% of missing health and mana doesn't work on minions like it seems to imply..
It says monsters. At least on the stuff Riot published out of game.

Skux

I'm both sad and glad there's no ridiculous abuse strat like trouble Targon's from last season.

Not yet anyway.

Opiate

When do champion price reductions occur? I thought viktor was already supposed to be decreased. Does that not happen until the week after?

clemenx

Banned
I love Righteous Glory. I don't know if it's good or not, but I like it a ton on champions like Nasus.

I've only built it on Sion but I loved the active lol. Dunno if it's ideal either but it was fun.

Speaking of Sion i'm undefeated with him since I started maxing E. The minion poke is ridiculous at max rank at such early stage. Though I have to admit it turns the laning a bit boring for everyone involved. The ulti makes up for it though, most fun ability in the game.

Blizzard

Banned
I'm both sad and glad there's no ridiculous abuse strat like trouble Targon's from last season.

Not yet anyway.
I think I only briefly caught double targon. My personal favorite was the League of Non-unique Cleavers. That was awesome if you played AD champions.

zkylon

zkylewd
hey guys, played a bit of the new season, doesn't feel all that different but it's pretty fun, actually won all my games somehow and had a lot of weird splitpush efforts and actually win one game thanks to 5 dragons and so far baron has killed my whole team the two times we've tried it lol

what's the general impressions?

(stop pestering me newt)

oh and kalista sounds awesome, i love her design.

Burt

In case anyone's wondering, Galio works just fine in the jungle. ~7:00-7:20 to 6 with a leash, maybe a bit faster once I mess with runes some more. Clearing to 4 isn't much of a problem either. Still not sure about the best route though, monster respawns timers are really fucking with it and there've been more than a few times where I'm halfway or more through five and don't have any goddamn camps to kill.

Store was broken for me most of tonight, anyone else?

Blizzard

Banned
I might have once had a winning record in ARAM, but then I started playing with Opiation. :( I'm also finally seeing obvious ARAM accounts named things like "ARAMS ftw" or "The Arambulance".

You can steal smite buffs from enemy camps, since the buff is transferred when you smite, not when you kill. By doing so you can waste an opponent's smite if he smites a camp without realising that there's no buff to be transferred. The camp glows if you can get a smite buff, but not many people realise that yet.
I had an amusing moment earlier where two enemy champions were chasing me (with all 3 of us at approximately 5% health), red buff just happened to spawn right as I passed that camp and I could regain over 50% health thanks to Trailblazer's + smite reward combined with Trundle's W and Spirit Visage. Not sure if it's actually intended to open up the rewards without actually killing the target (since it wasn't like that on PBE before), but it's good for a laugh if nothing else.

i think nunu's gonna be pretty strong.
He was going to be very strong with the high amount of gold you could earn from Poacher's back when the XP numbers also didn't handicap junglers. Right now he'll 'just' be decent due to his map control (buffs, objectives, warding) which is admittedly valuable the longer a match drags on, but in the early game he'll struggle doing anything worth of note outside of counter-jungling... which in itself doesn't yield great results right now at first glance.

it's kinda disappointing to me that Trailblazer seems to be better than all the other Smite items in most cases. It's to be expected, but still. Don't see how you can look past it on any champion unless you super commit to counter jungling.

Also find it funny that it's the one most people were saying would suck.
They kinda overshot it with all the buffs it received. Before it only had the AoE stun smite, then they kept adding shit on top of it until people bought it whilst simultaneously making Poacher's irrelevant.

I wouldn't be so sure yet. People say it's good because it's the most like how they were jungling before - short smite CD, clear everything. People haven't yet built a strategy around pure counterjungling/denial that Poacher could really work with.

If Foxdrop makes one of these alternatives work you'll be seeing it everywhere.
yeah like I said I think Poacher's has the most potential should people figure out how to effectively counter jungle with it, but at the moment Trailblazer is so good in almost every situation there's no reason to go anything else.
There will be no such strategy on the current LIVE build because Poacher's is exceptionally awful.

Blizzard

Banned
It means helping the jungler by dealing some damage to the camp.
Correct me if I'm wrong, please -- wasn't there originally a jungle camp mechanic where a monster would run a certain distance to try to damage the champion who first hurt it?

So if you were a ranged mid laner, you could hurt the blue golem and it would start trying to run into the bush and around to get to you, as if it were on a "leash". Meanwhile the jungler was taking little or no damage and hitting the golem.

There was a change that made the jungle monsters instead attack the closest monster. So no more "leash" (I think?) pulling the monster towards the first attacker, and the jungler ends up tanking more damage.

Correct, but on rare occasions, leash didn't work properly. The monster ends up walking back to his spot while regenerating all health.

Leezard

Correct me if I'm wrong, please -- wasn't there originally a jungle camp mechanic where a monster would run a certain distance to try to damage the champion who first hurt it?

So if you were a ranged mid laner, you could hurt the blue golem and it would start trying to run into the bush and around to get to you, as if it were on a "leash". Meanwhile the jungler was taking little or no damage and hitting the golem.

There was a change that made the jungle monsters instead attack the closest monster. So no more "leash" (I think?) pulling the monster towards the first attacker, and the jungler ends up tanking more damage.
Yup, in the old days of league that's how it worked, and that's how the word came to be. The word just stuck.
Correct, but on rare occasions, leash didn't work properly. The monster ends up walking back to his spot while regenerating all health.
Indeed.

Tizoc

It means helping the jungler by dealing some damage to the camp.

Ah I had that happen one or two times.
As interesting as Jungling is, I'll avoid it for the time being, but if I do end up as jungle I'll just follow the tips someone posted before.

subtles

hey guys, played a bit of the new season, doesn't feel all that different but it's pretty fun, actually won all my games somehow and had a lot of weird splitpush efforts and actually win one game thanks to 5 dragons and so far baron has killed my whole team the two times we've tried it lol

what's the general impressions?

(stop pestering me newt)

oh and kalista sounds awesome, i love her design.
There is a new Ori skin, just for you.

Skux

Yeah Ranger's Trailblazer is just too good right now. It works great for early game farming, as well as later game objective control and waveclear. The -15 second cooldown, AoE, and sustain is just super powerful.

Ferga

Nocturne and Skarner both feel really good in the new jungle.

Going to try hecarim next. He'll probably be pretty strong as well.

When do champion price reductions occur? I thought viktor was already supposed to be decreased. Does that not happen until the week after?
It was supposed to be at the same time as Kalista came out - and since it's the third release, there was supposed to be another reduction of an older champion as well.

They probably didn't do it because the servers are being really iffy.

Godan

Managed to play a few games and I really like the new jungle. Only issue I have is that I almost need to always back after getting the 2nd buff.

iosefe

Kalista/Leona is ridiculously fun to play. A friend and I did 3 rounds yesterday, and was just insane how hard we won lane. Getting tossed really helps with my engages and I love it. I think I'll make an effort to pop righteous fury before the toss and reactivate. I assume it's a good idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom