• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, those look like Sej nerfs to me. I guess she was doing too much damage by just building full tank and want to make her more AP-dependent.
These aren't nerfs, her damage is being shifted around to make her early clears better. Late game her damage should be pretty much the same.

Nekofrog

Banned
In case there was any idea of Kha not being good in the new jungle...

9AYjxtq.png

So far out of the junglers I've tried:

Tier 1: Kha'Zix*1, Diana, Wukong*2, Udyr
Tier 2: Zac*3
Tier 3: Xin Zhao*4

*1 Kha'Zix's first clear is really easy with W max. Managed to do the full level 4 clear (smiteless Gromp, Blue, Wolves, Raptors, Red, Krugs) without too much of an issue.

*2 Wukong's first clear is complete garbage, but after he gets Trailblazer he's really good and the AD item is amazing

*3 need to try Zac against better players

*4 my Xin Zhao game was against diamonds and I probably took the wrong smite (chilling) but still. He felt too slow and vulnerable for my liking. Maybe could be Tier 2.

xin is amazing right now when you focus almost entirely on just shitting on two lanes and snowballing your team.

that is, assuming the person you're ganking for bothers to respond to your gank

LCGeek

formerly sane
Yeah, I've only played a couple of games during the preseason, but I'm pleasantly surprised by how fresh it feels strategically. The game we won by having superior dragon control despite losing in all other areas of the map was amazing, and one of the most fun games I've played in some time.

Dragon and baron are opening up for some great potentials. Had good and bad games last night but was amazed at how many teams didn't care for dragon and then suddenly were finding themselves outclassed by the team got 3x stacks or more. Both are not to be ignored you can really pile on the minions now and if you have any dragon stacks it's pretty easy to deal with one dimensional turtling strats.

bidguy

Banned
how is matchmaking supposed to work ?

just had another weird match, we 4 unranked and silver 2 against a diamond 4 gold 3 and silver 4

like how is that fair ?

Nekofrog

Banned
i don't know about matchmaking broskis

newt rex and i beat a team with a master on it when we were essentially 3v5 (our janna got pissed that we refused to surrender even though we were ahead and had every dragon so she just went around the jungle and did jungle creeps the whole game) and our top morde was silver 1 and literally NEVER grouped, just kept going back to top and pushing it over and over and over and dying

pretty much 3v5ed that game and wrecked face.

the quote of the game from janna: "the only thing we have on our team is a fed talon and talon doesn't do shit in teamfights". it's not like talon has massive AOE or anything....

jerd

how is matchmaking supposed to work ?

just had another weird match, we 4 unranked and silver 2 against a diamond 4 gold 3 and silver 4

like how is that fair ?

Ranked and normal mmr are completely separate. Many highly ranked people only play solo queue, meaning they hardly ever/never increase their normal mmr, placing them against lower ranked people until they climb in normals. That's how I understand it anyway.

jerd

Negatron Cloak
Has been added back to the game! It now builds out of Null Magic + 350g and ONLY builds into Guardian Angel.

Why are they doing this to us

Yeah I could be wrong about that but that's how it was explained to me. Aside from that Idk why there are mismatches sometimes.

Leezard

i think ranked has some influence on normals.

They did change it a while ago so there is some influence I think, but it's mostly its own thing. If the person plays both normals and ranked they should have a comparable mmr in both at least. The large disparity mostly comes from people who stops playing normals and only play ranked, while improving in ranked, like jerd explained. It is unknown how much ranked mmr influences normal mmr at this moment I think.

These aren't nerfs, her damage is being shifted around to make her early clears better. Late game her damage should be pretty much the same.

Bingo. Hell, it's a buff at every stage.

W at early levels look weaker to me (but seems to scale better?). Damage and slow duration from E were reduced, and I don't know if the lower CD makes it worthwhile to max that first anymore. Q is stronger at early levels but the % damage was removed.

clemenx

Banned
Why aren't they treating Negatron's exactly like Chain Vest? Seems the simple solution? Why is there a mid item for armor but not for MR?

Nekofrog

Banned
Why aren't they treating Negatron's exactly like Chain Cloth? Seems the simple solution? Why is there a mid item for armor but not for MR?

because a lot of champions could be easily shut down early/mid by just buying a negatron in top lane. hell you could buy two since they're cheap and take almost no damage at all.

I've won 5 jungle games on the bounce. Really getting it down and enjoying it a hell of a lot. Can still carry really easily, but it's much less braindead and far more varied than S4.

Won with Zac, Udyr, Wukong, Kha'Zix and Skarner

Not getting baited into trap jungle items helps a lot, and doing a proper clear helps too.

W at early levels look weaker to me (but seems to scale better?). Damage and slow duration from E were reduced, and I don't know if the lower CD makes it worthwhile to max that first anymore. Q is stronger at early levels but the % damage was removed.
Lemme put it this way:
% damage from Q transferred to auto part of W
Base damage from flail part of W transferred to total HP % scaling on W
Base damage on E transferred to base damage on Q
Slow duration on E sacrificed but decreased base cooldown

These changes make her less dependant on E to clear, letting her just focus on W and using Q. W hits harder at level 1 and scales better with points by giving you a scaling total HP ratio. Only real "nerf" is the slow duration on E, but with enough CDR and spacing out your ability rotations you'll get to basically get people slowed forever lategame.

If I am reading those changes correctly, Sejuani is hitting strong in ealy game ?

I always feels she lacks something to be feared like the other junglers

I had no issues with Zac's jungling whatsoever. His clear was pretty quick and pretty safe too. I was able to do a full clear with him, which I wasn't for Wukong.

I ran hybrid pen reds, armour yellows, CDR blues and AP quints. could also run CDR quints if you have them, but they aren't cheap. His W is up constantly with some CDR and picking up your blobs.

The only issues Zac is going to have are general Zac issues. I.e., he's tanky and super disruptive and great at initiating... but you do 0 fucking damage. Also with Janna being strong it might not be super wise to pick him unless she's banned/not picked.

But I think as a jungle tank he's probably the best of the traditional ones at the moment. Maybe Amumu I guess.

drawkcaB

Why aren't they treating Negatron's exactly like Chain Vest? Seems the simple solution? Why is there a mid item for armor but not for MR?

On top of what Neko said, it's as simple as armor stating at +15 and topping at +100, while magic resist starts at +25 and tops out at +55. You actually need an intermediary armor item in order to cover its range gap. You don't need that for MR. Further, calling Negatron a mid tier MR item is disingenuous; it provided ~90% of the maximum single slot MR you could obtain.

Lone_Prodigy said:

Long story short, her burst damage and initial application of CC is weaker but her sustained damage and CC are better. In the course of a teamfight the net result will be an increase. That one dude of plays mid Sejuani in Diamond 1 is gonna be miffed I guess.

NOW HELP NAUT RIOT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom