• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes you gotta just do it all yourself

LZStjPe.png

(our bot lane was a combined 3/13 at one point before I started roaming)

Nice to know Fiora's still pretty good tho

Ferga

Thanks. What's the camp order and ability learning order in Diana's case?

Diana jungle should work this season.

Attack speed reds, armour yellows, choice blues ( i would go 5% cdr and flat ap for the rest) and AP quints.

2 points in W then Q after that

so W-Q-W-E-Q- etc..

Jungle path can go anything. Diana is probably one of the safest junglers right now.

Optimal would probably be doing a leashed blue without smiting, smiting and killing Frog then wolves, wraiths, golems then red with smite up again.

Diana is almost on par with WW and Fiddle in terms of sustain in the first clear.

But her ganking still sucks ass.

That means that the jungler wasn't present in the lanes to gank and the grump buff is probably available for the taking. There are trade-offs to people doing dragon that early.
I think people vasly overestimate the trade offs in this case.

It's 40 seconds, I'm sure lanes can survive for that long.

Sofo

I think people vasly overestimate the trade offs in this case.

It's 40 seconds, I'm sure lanes can survive for that long.

Exactly, just had a game where we lost 3 Dragons consecutively because of this. Pantheon was doing it early on and I noticed due to it appearing on the tab. Also despite me telling our jungler (we were on voicechat) about it, he didn't react (albeit it was his first game on 4.20 anyway) and he wouldn't kill the scuttle crab. on the3rd dragon we missed I managed to get timer which at least helped getting the next one for ourselves.

Idk, I wish they made it so they can't solo drag, at least not so early... I mean sure, it's a free kill if you catch them, but so early it's hard to leave lane and unless you are someone that can finish them off, it's still very tricky.

Btw thoughts on Kalista/Thresh? I tried it but I still prefer Braum/Leona with her. I feel it could be really good if we were doing very well in lane, but a couple mistakes and her spears were tearing me left and right. I just wasn't tanky enough to survive after ulting.

ehh I disagree with that. I think Yasuo is far, far worse when he's behind and is a huge liability to your team if he is. He has to get ahead right now to work. Pretty different to Akali honestly who can just ditch lane, roam and get easy kills because of her resets.

Well yeah, but that says more about Akali than Yasuo! I just feel Yasuo, if he has some knock-up support (because let's be real, most Yasuos suck and can't land a charged Q for shit) he will manage to get a kill here and there. Obviously not to the magnitude of Akali but yeah, fuck Akali.

Tizoc

Stupid shaco messed up my early game jungling. Doesn't help that our Leona would for whatever fucking reason NEVER stick close to us. She'd just wander off and solo.

Diana jungle should work this season.

Attack speed reds, armour yellows, choice blues ( i would go 5% cdr and flat ap for the rest) and AP quints.

2 points in W then Q after that

so W-Q-W-E-Q- etc..

Jungle path can go anything. Diana is probably one of the safest junglers right now.

Optimal would probably be doing a leashed blue without smiting, smiting and killing Frog then wolves, wraiths, golems then red with smite up again.

Diana is almost on par with WW and Fiddle in terms of sustain in the first clear.

But her ganking still sucks ass.

Thanks I'll try your rune build.

I wonder what the reaction would be if Blitzcrank had never existed and he was released today as a new champ.

Like, his kit is so simple compared to recently released champs but it doesn't make him less strong.

I guess you could apply this to other old champs too.

cHinzo

Just won a 4 vs 5 game. So exhausting to try to break through enemy towers without much range. Especially against a team with so many hard engages. Took 5 drakes and 2 barons to pull it off. Anivia had more than 1000 AP end-game and I had almost 100 Devourer stacks. :D

sleepykyo

I wonder what the reaction would be if Blitzcrank had never existed and he was released today as a new champ.

Like, his kit is so simple compared to recently released champs but it doesn't make him less strong.

I don't understand a lot of the new champs. And by that I mean, why are kalista and gnar so mobile?

iosefe

"My god, what is this champ? A hook AND a knock up? And what if kalista tosses him? He's an insane bomb"

just for mana regen purposes though? It's probably still situational depending on if you need AP or MR right?
If you want MR for lane, I suppose chalice would be better but I really don't think people buy chalice for the MR.

At full builds, Athenes becomes more efficient than Morellos so I guess that's when you want to sell that item, but until that 6 item threshold, Morellos is strictly better (more AP, same CDR, better mana regen even with the chalice passive.)
Morello's has been better than Anthene's for a good while now.
Not really. Before the mana regen changes, Athene's was much better for the midlaners that wanted to spam abilities often because of it's absurd regeneration. Since the changes, it's been nerfed heavily, albeit somewhat indirectly.

zkylon

zkylewd
Morello's has been better than Anthene's for a good while now.

yeah this is what confuses me, like for cost efficiency it's been this way for some time and unless that 5 extra mr or whatever changed the world, athene's still got the golden combination of stats that means you're never gonna buy anything else

i was kinda hoping they were actually gonna bump the base regen of most champions so you could do other starts but doesn't seem to be the case

tldr morellos has become better than athenes overall for mana regen.

only if ur mana is at a whopping 5% will athenes be better than morellos.
that sounds like a huge screwup on part of riot if true

edit: like say lux has 700~ ish mana at lvl 9 and spent half of it. that's 350 * 0.015 = 5.25. the extra 50% on 11.4 mp5 is 5.7. yeah that's pretty dumb. rito messed up

Not really. Before the mana regen changes, Athene's was much better for the midlaners that wanted to spam abilities often because of it's absurd regeneration. Since the changes, it's been nerfed heavily, albeit somewhat indirectly.

Eh? The magic resist was a bigger blow IMO. You're the mid-laner so you're going to have blue anyway. Once MET got the AP boost to boot you'd only ever need AUG in very specific circumstances.

That and Grievous wounds shits on fools.

and if you don't get blue, you end up running out of mana when you start spamming your abilities to harass/kill/push. Morellos had decent mana regeneration, but it could only do so much until you hit that point where you couldn't regen enough to justify too much ability use. Athene's literally made that a moot point on champs like Ziggs/Syndra, allowing them to become incredibly strong.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Panth feels strong in the new jungle. Able to clear pretty easily with the new passive. I can save smite for ganks, too.

Need more games with him though.

I Vel'Koz mid all the time, and my first build is always chalice. Once I get that, I can spam my abilities all day long and never run out of mana. I've never gotten morello in it's place. Though maybe I should?

zkylon

zkylewd
Eh? The magic resist was a bigger blow IMO. You're the mid-laner so you're going to have blue anyway. Once MET got the AP boost to boot you'd only ever need AUG in very specific circumstances.

That and Grievous wounds shits on fools.
???

I Vel'Koz mid all the time, and my first build is always chalice. Once I get that, I can spam my abilities all day long and never run out of mana. I've never gotten morello in it's place. Though maybe I should?
if the little math i did there is right then yea, morellos sounds like it's op and rito screwed up

i'm guessing fixed next patch tho since it makes no sense

bidguy

Banned
yasuo vs ori is supposed to be in oris favor right ? i managed to get a level 1 kill and all was fine until she got to lvl 3 or 4

it was pretty tough

Holy shit, Kalista is nuts. I know I'm still practicing Trist, so I'm not that great, but I went against Kalista/Sion bot with Nunu supporting me. I couldn't do shit. Kalista can poke me from miles away early game, to where I can't even farm under my own tower.

Bacon

Panth feels strong in the new jungle. Able to clear pretty easily with the new passive. I can save smite for ganks, too.

Need more games with him though.

You can get every single dragon as panth by yourself starting at level 3. I recommend it.

Burt

Kalista is the new Yasuo, in that there are only two types of them: those that feed on your team, and those that get fed on the enemy's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom