• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really. It's good for splitpushing since it lets Shen duel better. It was picked up on occasion when Shen was still played.

---

Yi's clear is amazing. I can wipe every single camp and still be very healthy. Heavy Hand is just so good on him.

drawkcaB

It seems like the new jungle has caused people to forget exactly what you are supposed to do as a jungler.

I'd love to blame it on the new jungle, truly. But sadly no, they were just bad.

Rengar who tower dived enemy Talon at level 4 after I waived him off. 0/4/0 Wukong who was more interested in farming the jungle than using Wu's natural strengths as a bot lane ganker. Sejuani who I told before the match to ignore me in the top lane and leave me to my own devices to focus on feeding Kat and Trist (not to mention that Kat lost to Diana and died twice w/o jungler help pre-6. I don't know how that happens) literally just stood in the side bush to watch Kat die twice and then moved in on Diana.

Just a really disappointing evening overall. Sion top for 4 matches, Braum support for 1. My Sion matches went well enough. Manhandled an Aatrox although it proved fruitless because the other lanes lost hard. Lost to a Talon after Rengar fed him a kill, but even then I was just behind ~15cs and didn't die to him in lane. Support Vel'koz didn't have a sightstone until about the 30 min mark (I bought one because someone had to - Talon went off on my team so we needed vision). Farm fest vs. Nasus where neither of us did anything of note, but again my lanes lost hard. vs. Mundo on the last one, ahead of him by about ~20cs through laning phase but again, other lanes lost. Mundo ended up 2/0/4 off the back a few good teamfights that worked in their favour because their bot, mid, and jungle were well ahead of my own.

Didn't play as well as I could by any stretch. Starting to get comfortable weaving in AAs against enemy champions who are last hitting (not used to playing lane melee champs very much) and working my E-Q-W combo. Need to play more aggressive. I think I'm done with teleport on Sion. The intersection of ult being up/TP being up/me being able to time TP use properly/my teammates being able to use my TP effectively isn't very frequent. Gonna start packing ignite or exhaust instead, maybe try TP again once I play Maokai who should have an easier time with it. Probably gonna take some time to watch pro replays to pick up on good TP usage strategies.

Probably should have kept to my rule of stopping after two losses.

What happened? o:

5th match of the night, playing on tilt from 4 previous Sion losses although I didn't realize it at the time. Made an ill-advised all-in against Ez/Soraka at level 3 because Jinx wasn't really in position to punish a mistake by Soraka so she attacked Ez who simply got fully healed up shortly after. It first looked like an even trade, but nope. Disastrous gank from Kat that was severly miss timed by me. Some really questionable ability use too, probably because I was so damn tired at the time. I immediately regretted queuing up for another match once the loading screen popped up.

Long story short, I was on tilt and tried too hard to make things happen with opportunities that weren't really there. My lane still did the best of the lot though, mid and top got crushed.

Just one of those frustrating nights where I played well enough to have come out 50/50 but it just didn't happen. Should have stopped playing after a few games.

cant you just request a record on op.gg ?

That's what I do. Much simpler than the replay programs. The only "hard" part is remembering to have op.gg open in the browser.

Elise looks so much better in red. She looks more like Blood Moon now and less like Order of the Lotus Elise. Stop crying.

Same. When I looked at what the hubbub was about yesterday I thought they made it worse because she looked pinkish now. Took me a second to realize I was looking at the wrong one and the right side image (the red one) is newer. Looks much nicer IMO. "Blood moon" should be red, all the other skins in the set are.

Jeff-DSA

Last night I hit that, "man, I should take a break from League" moment. You can only deal with so much toxicity and then it just drives you to go play Smash Bros. This is my first time playing in the preseason. Is it usually so dang toxic? It seems like ever since the season ended that everybody went straight stupid and rude.

Newt

I've actually find a correlation with how toxic I am and the champions I'm playing. I'm the most toxic on Vayne, and the least toxic on Kayle. Maybe it has something to do with the influx of Warwick players?

jerd

Ranked

VU2nE.jpg

Edwardo

Last night I hit that, "man, I should take a break from League" moment. You can only deal with so much toxicity and then it just drives you to go play Smash Bros. This is my first time playing in the preseason. Is it usually so dang toxic? It seems like ever since the season ended that everybody went straight stupid and rude.

Ya I've noticed a lot of players have been overly nitpicky lately.

drawkcaB

Is Righteous Glory a good buy on anyone?

Skarner, Singed? Even then I don't know. Should be for champions with short ranged initiation or teams heavy on melee but with no hard ranged initiation. Feels like the item needs more defensive stats (more hp, basically) or a % damage reduction while it's active. Increase cost as necessary.

Jeff-DSA

I've actually find a correlation with how toxic I am and the champions I'm playing. I'm the most toxic on Vayne, and the least toxic on Kayle. Maybe it has something to do with the influx of Warwick players?

Warwick is in every match right now if he's not banned. I'm already tired of seeing him.

Fuzzery

Vayne relies on her team to initiate since you have no range and can't engage until anyone else does

I guess this is why I play more jinx these days, you can 100-0 their squishies if they step too far forward without even getting hit

Newt

Vayne relies on her team to initiate since you have no range and can't engage until anyone else does

I guess this is why I play more jinx these days, you can 100-0 their squishies if they step too far forward without even getting hit
Same reason why I played so much Sivir in season 4. You get to decide when you want to engage.

zkylon

zkylewd
League already has problems sometimes. I guess what people are saying is, it already used to work to some extent or another, and many people might have been happy to even have the half-implemented fan version working. Even if it broke on the next patch. It was better than nothing! People already used it.
yeah but rito's a huge company and it's not that simple

people won't be happy if there's a half baked version that randomly deletes their replays (like lolreplay does) or has to be manually updated or something

They've had replays working a long time ago on PBE without it being a buggy mess, then they silently removed it and never spoke of it again. The patcher before the one we have right now also supposedly was going to help cut down a lot of development time for that feature, yet here we are.

Not sure why Riot hasn't spoken out about the matter, it's only a feature people have been requesting for years.
yeah it's a mystery

they've stated a ridiculous amount of times already that they want to make sure server infrastructure is fully sorted everywhere before they implement the feature as it would add even more stress to the servers. They're still not all that long after the Amsterdam migration in EU, and the NA migration is still to come.

I don't know how people keep forgetting this.
it's cos they insist on keeping replays server side rather than having the client record them and just save them to disk. they'd still need servers for the patch info like i said before (replays probably won't ever be watchable offline) but they wouldn't need to maintain a million replays.

if they want to have everything "on the cloud" later on, they can just make it step 2 and add that service in

and still, no excuse for taking this long, do a staggered release and make it enabled only to team builder, show your progress on pbe, something

cant you just request a record on op.gg ?
sure but you can't rename those replays and you don't know if you want a game recorded until you play it

and i always want to record the games i forget to set to record :I

Elise looks so much better in red. She looks more like Blood Moon now and less like Order of the Lotus Elise. Stop crying.
nope

Is Righteous Glory a good buy on anyone?
not sure, i kinda want to see the new items work but i haven't seen anyone ever buy righteous glory or ohmwrecker and the one time i bought banner of command the enemy adc made short work of my giant minion

I saw Righteous Glory as a recommended item on Sej but she already has decent initiation with her ult and Q.

I'm tempted to try new Mejai's on Janna.

Blizzard

Banned
Surprisingly the Braum/Leona double heal double exhaust lane failed the least
Is match history still broken? I tried to look up the DarkMoonFang player and they don't even show any Warwick games in their online NA official history. I didn't check in client yet.

drawkcaB

I saw Righteous Glory as a recommended item on Sej but she already has decent initiation with her ult and Q.

I'm tempted to try new Mejai's on Janna.

Righteous glory on Sej would be for when your fed melee champion teammates who don't have much in the way of gap closers (e.g. Nasus).

Is match history still broken? I tried to look up the DarkMoonFang player and they don't even show any Warwick games in their online NA official history. I didn't check in client yet.

Last night op.gg wouldn't update my games and it kept saying I wasn't in a match when I wanted to record.

Sofo

5th match of the night, playing on tilt from 4 previous Sion losses although I didn't realize it at the time. Made an ill-advised all-in against Ez/Soraka at level 3 because Jinx wasn't really in position to punish a mistake by Soraka so she attacked Ez who simply got fully healed up shortly after. It first looked like an even trade, but nope. Disastrous gank from Kat that was severly miss timed by me. Some really questionable ability use too, probably because I was so damn tired at the time. I immediately regretted queuing up for another match once the loading screen popped up.

Long story short, I was on tilt and tried too hard to make things happen with opportunities that weren't really there. My lane still did the best of the lot though, mid and top got crushed.

Just one of those frustrating nights where I played well enough to have come out 50/50 but it just didn't happen. Should have stopped playing after a few games.

Meh, shit happens! At least you could tell you were playing on tilt. It's not after the 2nd game or so after tilting that I realize. Shit sucks.

Speaking of tilting, just had a pretty bad game. I just picked Annie support with Kalista ADC... It sucked. I mean, I'm sure it could be good with some coordination but she kept pulling me away at random times and you know, I ain't gonna launch myself AT people without my stun charged... and even then... sometimes she would do it while I was mid combo.

Idk, I'm sure it could be decent but first impression was shit-combo imo.

Newt

Meh, shit happens! At least you could tell you were playing on tilt. It's not after the 2nd game or so after tilting that I realize. Shit sucks.

Speaking of tilting, just had a pretty bad game. I just picked Annie support with Kalista ADC... It sucked. I mean, I'm sure it could be good with some coordination but she kept pulling me away at random times and you know, I ain't gonna launch myself AT people without my stun charged... and even then... sometimes she would do it while I was mid combo.

Idk, I'm sure it could be decent but first impression was shit-combo imo.
Kalista is not a champion that someone can play effectively in one game.

For example, I've used my ult more times to save the support than for them to initiate.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

For example, I've used my ult more times to save the support than for them to initiate.

Reported for ruining my 1v2 duels.

Sofo

Yeah I get that. At least the person was nice and such (and not like I was awesome at all either...), but everytime he ulted me was when he was low on health... while I was just having free DPS on Vayne, which ruined it entirely by putting me back on their bullseye.

Also Sion "support" was super annoying, though he missed all his ults so that was funny enough!

jerd

Disproportionate amount of people trying to diagnose teammates with Down's Syndrome today

Like, they probably don't even have the proper licensure to make that diagnosis

Newt

I see her being a top, also I don't like the fact that she's not mana based. Recently, they've been releasing too many non-mana champs.

jerd

I see her being a top, also I don't like the fact that she's not mana based. Recently, they've been releasing too many non-mana champs.

Mana isn't fun

Keeps you from doing all the kool shit you can do

I think a gentlewoman is a lady summons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom