• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sofo

Honestly I watch some koreans/krepo stream thresh and they show me how shitty I am at him. Early flays followed by good hooks win lane. Mid/ late game hooks and lanterns win game.
People need to work on their flay mechanics and I think I need to use that off click smart cast version and just press alt when I need the extra speed of smartcast.

I think that's more of the problem with Thresh than him being weak. Thresh can easily dominate a lane if you let him and still bring mobility to the table, which is really invaluable. I see many Threshes reactivate their Q after landing a hook, but most of the time that's a mistake imo. Letting him yank it then flay is more effective unless you are sure there's not going to be a turnaround.

My biggest gripe with Thresh is that once your entire team is behind, unless getting picks, your hooks are kinda useless.

I wish I was better at him ._.

Leezard

I'm so goddamn annoyed at every support picking Thresh. He's a shit champion now, and I'd even take a Taric or Karma over him.

Also, me and Rex matched shook and he played like garbage, lol.
I think thresh is in a decent spot right now since you actually need some skill to make him work.
It's possible he's a bit on the weak side but that should be OK. Nobody else has the same kind of utility.

Newt

I think thresh is in a decent spot right now since you actually need some skill to make him work.
It's possible he's a bit on the weak side but that should be OK. Nobody else has the same kind of utility.
In terms of solo q he feels like one of the weaker supports. His main issue is that he can't trade in lane with most supports. In the past, he would get a hook and it would be a kill. Nowadays against someone like Janna or Sona, he can get a hook and actually lose you a fight. It's kinda like current Lee Sin, strong in the right hands, but if not he's just awful.
suport also wants to have fun
Just go Blitz.

Sofo

I'm unable to log in on EUW ._. It says there's maintenance but some of my friends have managed to log in before/after I did try?

RITO PLS I just want my daily 150 IP bonus

Sofo

I'm unable to log in on EUW ._. It says there's maintenance but some of my friends have managed to log in before/after I did try?

RITO PLS I just want my daily 150 IP bonus

Managed to log in with something called CyberGhost? -_- sucks that I had to resource to that.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
youre actually telling people to stop playing with their friends because the issue is the matchmaking and not the fact that theyre gating me from actual features of the game

you really dont see the issue with this
No one is telling you to stop playing with your friends, we're telling you that your issue isn't an issue. you are going outside of the systems intended function and complaining it's not working properly. that does not make sense.

it's not like riot is advertising free runes to trick people into playing, you knew how the system worked and presumably you could deduce the result of queueing with higher level players, so why do you expect sympathy for your position? Riot isn't going to radically alter their monetization scheme just so you don't get bopped when you queue with your friends.

people were saying the new champ was potentially fundamentally different

if you dont have the champ to deal with him or combo with him or who knows what then...
that second sentence does not follow from the first. a champion can be 'different' without bending the game around them. orianna is fundamentally different, but that doesn't mean her opponent has to change their pick around her or her jungler has to pick a dive-y initiate champion or else he's 9x reported.

Leezard

In terms of solo q he feels like one of the weaker supports. His main issue is that he can't trade in lane with most supports. In the past, he would get a hook and it would be a kill. Nowadays against someone like Janna or Sona, he can get a hook and actually lose you a fight. It's kinda like current Lee Sin, strong in the right hands, but if not he's just awful.
I think that it is fine that he is weaker in lane. I don't think he should have the best utility and be able to win all lanes as he could do previously.

bidguy

Banned
is the yasuo buff useful ? he has 345 movement speed now (340 before) and steel tempest is 4 sec on every level now

with 3 attack speed quints its at 3.5 seconds early game i think

edit: i feel like maining him isnt worth it since hes getting banned most of the time

New champ's clears fine in the jungle and remains fairly healthy after her first back, given that the small heals from her Burrow add up with how relatively low of a cooldown her W has on top of her fairly quick at generating Fury. Main problem will be knowing where to place tunnels so they won't get detected shortly after digging them out, and you have to venture pretty deep into the enemy's territory to plonk down a sneaky one. At least you can more or less extend the length of these tunnels (albeit not 100% reliably) if you make them go through walls, which makes for some potentially interesting gank paths or if nothing else ganking through the lake bushes. Ganking might also be an issue and not sure where she stands on individual dueling, but I'm guessing Stalker's Blade will partially alleviate the former since she doesn't really need Ranger's Trailblazer. Wish her Burrowed Q gave her a movement speed bonus (when running towards a champion) if she landed it though, rather than hypothetically being the next generic "slow fired in a straight line" skillshot if Riot ever intends on giving it a second attribute.

Nev

Banned
Are the tunnels visible in brushes? If so, I predict heavy nerfs. They don't want global ults but they make another. Riot Logic.

clemenx

Banned
It's an active tho. With a 3 minute cooldown at level one and you have to set it up with a tunnel that can easily be destroyed. It won't be that easy to pull off dumb teleports I think.

You have to go back to very early S3 (maybe late S2?). That was wheb Riot nerfed the global ults (TF, Karth, Soraka, Noct).

Global passives were nerfed for a different reason. It was because teammates got advantage in early to mid game just because someone exists.

Bacon

You have to go back to very early S3 (maybe late S2?). That was wheb Riot nerfed the global ults (TF, Karth, Soraka, Noct).

Global passives were nerfed for a different reason. It was because teammates got advantage in early to mid game just because someone exists.

I know it's not truly global but thank god riot didn't nerf the range on Pantheons ult. Do you guys remember how ridiculously short they were going to make it be? That would have been hilariously bad.

Rek'Sai seems pretty underwhelming balance-wise. But I guess it was to be expected, with her having basically no CC besides the close range knockup from W.

Smells like top lane material.

Are the tunnels visible in brushes? If so, I predict heavy nerfs. They don't want global ults but they make another. Riot Logic.
There aren't many bushes where you can fully hide the tunnels. The default distance is set, so if you want to place one in a smaller bush like near the Krugs, the exit will get pushed through a wall and it'll be out on the open. if you want to place in between two smaller bushes such as in top lane, you'll see the cracks on the ground. The lake bushes over at mid and the lane bushes in bot lane do completely obscure tunnels, but realistically they're never going to be around for very long.

Also I'm disappointed you can't use Smite during your ult transition. Would've made for hilariously broken drive-by steals.

Rek'Sai seems pretty underwhelming balance-wise. But I guess it was to be expected, with her having basically no CC besides the close range knockup from W.

Smells like top lane material.
I don't see why you would ever want to put her in top lane instead of the jungle. She's not bad in the jungle, just seemingly doesn't provide much early lane pressure right out of the gate. Could definitely still use extra tweaking though.

I don't see why you would ever want to put her in top lane instead of the jungle. She's not bad in the jungle, just seemingly doesn't provide much early lane pressure right out of the gate. Could definitely still use extra tweaking though.
The top lane part is a joke because her kit seems really weak for the role she's supposed to do, which usually means she'll end up viable somewhere else instead.

She needs a slow on her burrowed Q, +% MS torwards targets revealed by it or something. Her ult seems like a joke considering what she can do after teleporting and the effort it takes to set it up. I mean, after she uses her knockup what can she even do? Her sticking potential seems slim to none.

Ocho

Were people actually defending the existing runes system? I'm sorry guys, but I got to agree with the Dota2 player. System is waaaaay unbalanced and daunting for the casual player. It sucks and runes should be easier to get/free.

I think it will take people some time to figure out how to best use Rek from the jungle, but the kit does seem like it needs a little something.

I don't want to rush to judgement on it, though. Her utility is pretty nuts so maybe we'll learn to make the most of it and find she's ok the way she is.

Newt

Yeah, runes are stupid. Also, champions should be priced based on difficulty like it was originally intended.

Though, the grind to lvl 30 is good. People need a good while to learn the basics.

drawkcaB

I was thinking the same thing, although I'm fairly sure people are fucking up her ganks. Every player I spectated yesterday moves around the entire map burrowed. Pretty sure leading the gank unburrowed, and then going down once the target makes their move is the best thing to do. Once you burrow, it's only a 1s CD to unburrow. No reason to go into a gank blind just for +15 MS. Even then ganking's not an impressive part of the kit.

That said, I'm taking Riot at face value now for her counterjungling potential once I read that allied players can see the "seismic indicator" or whatever it's called. Holy shit. Basically keep a beat on your target, put down deep wards, use ult w/ tunnels to zip around for objectives and ganks.

Burt

I know it's not truly global but thank god riot didn't nerf the range on Pantheons ult. Do you guys remember how ridiculously short they were going to make it be? That would have been hilariously bad.

Yeah, they might as well have just changed the animation to a polevault with his spear. Not as big a Panth fan as I used to be, but I'm glad they didn't change it. The wind up is long enough that it generally isn't infuriating.

Does anyone even like the rune pricing model?

It's by far the worst thing about this game and serves no purpose other than being an IP sink to encourage RP purchases

Sofo

I like runes o:

Allows for different playstyles! I just think they should probably not be capped in tiers/level though.

Negaduck

Runes are okay. I don't think there is too much variance in the 'optimal' runes for certain champs so at that point you could in theory just apply those stats to the champions base stats.

I probably won't buy any new ones so I don't really care otherwise tbh.

Were people actually defending the existing runes system? I'm sorry guys, but I got to agree with the Dota2 player. System is waaaaay unbalanced and daunting for the casual player. It sucks and runes should be easier to get/free.

yeah im pretty much the best

Blizzard

Banned
There are so many runes that one can experiment with, it would be nice to be ABLE to experiment with them. I think the pricing model is absurd since it can take a week of daily wins for a SINGLE rune, for example.

There are so many runes that one can experiment with, it would be nice to be ABLE to experiment with them. I think the pricing model is absurd since it can take a week of daily wins for a SINGLE rune, for example.

sounds like youre a casual

this doesnt effect pro players so its not an issue

clemenx

Banned
Yeah. I still have only 2 pages that I only completed before starting ranked. I went lvls 1-30 without a single rune.

I prefer to buy champs *shrug* and I don't play that much so I don't have excess of IP.

Leezard

and it effects people on their first game just as much as their 100000th in dotes

see, that's the real problem here.

Yeah. I still have only 2 pages that I only completed before starting ranked. I went lvls 1-30 without a single rune.

I prefer to buy champs *shrug* and I don't play that much so I don't have excess of IP.

Yeah, you can manage fine on 2 pages. Several pros in Korea only run 2 pages as well, which surprised me when I found out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom