• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRS

I just reinstalled my client and it's still fucked up and laggy..
heeellllllp

suXG0N0.jpg
Did you have Dragon Age installed?

Jeff-DSA

Ok, so after a full night of ARAMs, I never want to do that again. What a stupid game mode. Whoever has Lux wins. That's what the description should be. It should be "Pray4Lux."

Just played one where the other team was Ezreal, Lux, Veigar, and Karma on the same team. Oh, and Cho'Gath for the silences if it wasn't stupid enough.

Played against Lux is 4 out of the 5 matches. These have to be people running ARAM-only accounts, right? Why would she be that common?

Blizzard

Banned
Yes I imagine there are ARAM only accounts, which becomes more obvious when they are named things like "The Arambulance". You still have a chance of free week champions but I assume you can manage to reroll and trade occasionally to balance it.

I play a lot of ARAM and Fiddlesticks seems super common too. It's just something you learn to tolerate if you like the mode, I suppose.

jerd

No but considering he doesn't have any AD scaling your dps will probably be lower than a tank build, or even an AP build

Sofo

I wanna buy Blitzcrank but I feel I only want to play him with Riot skin. >:O

If only Q_Q

Same with Veigar, Final Boss seems a must have ._.

Y RITO y u do dis to me

Yes I imagine there are ARAM only accounts, which becomes more obvious when they are named things like "The Arambulance". You still have a chance of free week champions but I assume you can manage to reroll and trade occasionally to balance it.

I play a lot of ARAM and Fiddlesticks seems super common too. It's just something you learn to tolerate if you like the mode, I suppose.

thats why we need all champs unlocked in ARAM

well everywhere tbh but that's not going to happen

clemenx

Banned
He'll get nerfed so hard.

It is really a perfect storm for WW this patch. The skirmishers + devourer and having unparalled sustain wheras everyother jungler is struggling.

He's always been annoying and was safe pick when I wasn't comfortable with jungle.

Tizoc

tumblr_m5ffqlJB8M1r1b9vqo2_500.gif

4JYdQs8.png

obfv0ii.png

http://matchhistory.eune.leagueofle...etails/EUN1/1037489064/205390904?tab=overview

This recent game was great. Our Bot Ashe was trash and our Mid for whatever reason seemed to have problems with Diana, not that the enemy Diana was that good IMO.
Maokai kept ganking me at top against Riven but I got a few kills off of her.
...and oh god this Riven was like a circus acrobat, TWICE I lost her in our Blue buff area. Seriously I'm purple warding that place from now on if we start from the south.

Their Riven even commented on how I carried hard heh.

The jungle getting nerfed again next patch really has me worried. I legitimately think Riot is making a mistake nerfing the Gift of the Heavy Hands and Ranger's Trailblazer instead of buffing other jungle items. The jungle, while going definitely in the right direction, is still heavily nerfed over what it was last season and nerfing it again will really put the role in a bad spot honestly.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
The jungle getting nerfed again next patch really has me worried. I legitimately think Riot is making a mistake nerfing the Gift of the Heavy Hands and Ranger's Trailblazer instead of buffing other jungle items. The jungle, while going definitely in the right direction, is still heavily nerfed over what it was last season and nerfing it again will really put the role in a bad spot honestly.
Didn't you like...just post a win rate list where the biggest offenders were junglers?

Didn't you like...just post a win rate list where the biggest offenders were junglers?

yes, but I think that's a symptom of some junglers being ok -> good and the rest sucking, so the team with the ok -> good junglers will naturally win more.

The top 3 are all junglers with broken mechanics in the new jungle. Warwick with Skirmisher's, Pantheons soloing dragon without taking damage, and Fiddlesticks being Fiddlesticks.

The next highest is Wukong and he's not necessarily a jungler.

You have to go a good bit down again to find Amumu who's next.

There are 2 or 3 broken junglers and then everything else way, way below them. Nerfing Trailblazer will make every other jungler worse too.

drawkcaB

After quite a bit of thought I'm all for the jungle being harder. All they've done is make jungling as punishing as laning. Now Riot can actually buff junglers.

Newt

I think junglers are fine right now. The only junglers with super low winrates are the really dumb picks like Rengar and Olaf that can't fit in the majority of team comps.

Edit: Also, the good early but irrelevant later champs like Lee and Elise.

Blizzard

Banned
thats why we need all champs unlocked in ARAM

well everywhere tbh but that's not going to happen
I thought about that, but the problem then is that people will presumably just dodge if they get stuck with Udyr or something.

So then maybe the only option is for Riot to escalate with worse dodge penalties or bans, and/or fewer people play ARAM and fewer people are happy and Riot gets less money etc.

drawkcaB

Was Sona stealth nerfed or something? There's nothing in the patch notes about a nerf to Q's active base damage but lol wiki says it's now 40-200 as opposed to 50-250. Only Q nerf I see since her rework is an AP ratio reduction to the on-hit damage.

Newt

Was Sona stealth nerfed or something? There's nothing in the patch notes about a nerf to Q's active base damage but lol wiki says it's now 40-200 as opposed to 50-250. Only Q nerf I see since her rework is an AP ratio reduction to the on-hit damage.
Wasn't a stealth nerf, it was in the patch notes.

drawkcaB

Wasn't a stealth nerf, it was in the patch notes.

Nope. Copied verbatim:

Sona's overall sustain should be lower, especially in cases where significant lane trades have been made.

“ Sona's been on the rise due to her ability to turn almost any extended fight in her favor. While we like the Maven getting some recognition, we're looking to reduce her raw trading power so that the great Sonas will need to tightly manage their shields and auras rather than spamming W (that's a tactic for the 'good' Sonas). ”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q - Hymn of Valor

ON-HIT MAGIC DAMAGE AURA RATIO : 0.25 ability power ⇒ 0.2 ability power

W - Aria of Perseverance

MISSING HEALTH RATIO : +1% healing increase per 1% health missing ⇒ +0.5% healing increase per 1% health missing

BASE HEAL : 25/45/65/85/105 ⇒ 30/50/70/90/110

MANA COST : 70/75/80/85/90 ⇒ 80/85/90/95/100

drawkcaB

How odd. Several websites say Q does 50-250 even though apparently it's always been 40-200 since the rework. So Q still hits hard, what's the problem here? She's fine and the nerf on W is deserved.

zkylon

zkylewd
problem with sona is that even if she has like a bazililon winrate, her rework didn't really fix her "gameplay satisfaction" issues. it sounded nice in theory but her strengths are still pretty "low impact" compared to like a thresh lantern or nami bubble or something that really makes you feel good for pulling it off. like she has her ult but compared to more recent supports she's kinda boring. like i'd play nami over sona any day simply cos she's got like tons more decisionmaking so generally more fun

i still think they should've kept her super squishy but high damage so she was a lot more risky than she is now. it wasn't the most interesting kit ever but i feel like she took a bit more skill than she does now, cos she was like a caster minion but could wreck adcs up if you caught them off guard. now she feels pretty unexciting cos her numbers are even more tweaked around her being safe and easy to play and the snuggle zones thing just didn't really pan out to feel better as a sona player. her shield doesn't feel as strong as janna's, her ms buff or her q buff doesn't feel as strong as nami's, etc.

i feel like league's a game that's a lot about those high moments and new champions allow for many more high moments than older ones. like i get one or two holy shit moments every game i play as azir, he's so full of holy shit potential. same with thresh and nami, which is why i play them more than anything. i know sona wasn't a champion with many high moments before her rework, so it didn't really do more harm than good, but it didn't change much either.

Lux is not a good or fun champion

Her best skin is spell thief

you're on my list now

garath

After quite a bit of thought I'm all for the jungle being harder. All they've done is make jungling as punishing as laning. Now Riot can actually buff junglers.

I think junglers are fine right now. The only junglers with super low winrates are the really dumb picks like Rengar and Olaf that can't fit in the majority of team comps.

Edit: Also, the good early but irrelevant later champs like Lee and Elise.

Outside of a few unbalanced champs, the jungle is fine. Its very punishing now. Early game is hard and junglers just arent going to have that much of an early presence. But thats fine. It was too easy last season. It is going to have the side effect of making it a less desirable role again once the new shine has worn off. Early clears are painful and failed ganks will really set you back with the less XP from early jungle. There's a pretty good learning curve on it.

I have to believe this was riots intent. Give the laners some early breathing room and time to play unless there are very specific early game junglers out there. Risk vs reward.

I like the direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom