• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newt

Yeah, I don't watch the EU LCS too often because of the quality of the games, but the commentators were really good.

drawkcaB

Nl4XTQp.png

Quality community right there.

Not only was he spamming "homos" the entire game, but he had to bring it to that level. Jesus fucking christ.

Gonna say, I love your replies and just taking it in stride lol.

Anyone get FPS drop whenever someone casts a skill for the first or second time?

Actually, whenever anything appears on screen, for the first time, including champs, minions and monsters. I've seen my FPS drop as low as 7 for a second. Matches are very annoying at the beginning.

Jeff-DSA

Kalista and Graves are my new jams. Kalista is just so potent in lane and in team fights. I tried the Runaan's Hurricane build on her. It was hilarious dropping spears into the other team like rain and then I got a Quadra when I hit E. That bought me some rage. I don't think it's the best build for her though. It's just a fun gimmick if you're WAY AHEAD and want it build it for last item.

As for Graves, I've always liked him, even before his latest buff. Had a match last night where I was with a Karma in bot against a Tristana and Lulu. Any time they would get slightly out of position, that Q, E, W, autos combo did some real work. We kept forcing them out of lane, but missing the kills because of Lulu's ridiculous ability to keep them alive paired with Tristana's jump. Eventually they goofed and I got a double kill on them and they quit as we were finishing up the dragon.

I'll keep playing both of them, with my random Miss Fortune games mixed in. I haven't even played Jinx since Kalista came out though. It's hard with Kalista is just that strong.

Burt

It's fun to play a completely overpowered champ for a while before he gets nerfed to the ground.
That's true. It's funny, because I've actually seen a bunch of Warwicks suck, at least early. You can shut them down in a short game, but if a game goes long enough and they can get a single tank item on top of their Devourer and bork, it's pretty much game over.

Bork is nerfed on PBE, right? Between that and the inevitable Devourer nerds coming, I gotta get my Yi abuse in quick.

JesseZao

ESL getting talent to get established at the ground level for the growing esports scene.

Hearthstone is and possibly Overwatch will be competing for e-sports viewers.

Blizzard

Banned
It's fun to play a completely overpowered champ for a while before he gets nerfed to the ground.
What's really depressing is when you don't win with him. I lost two in a row with warwick jungle and didn't even get a bunch of kills. Finally the last one I did well again and had someone say it was legit unfair, which is working as intended.

I'm not sure if I changed runes or something or not. I'm using flat AD now. 21/9/0 or 9/21/0 better?

It's also depressing when you beg and beg people to help defend dragon because of how important it is now, but only 1 person ever comes. And the other team predictably snowballs by repeatedly sending 4-5 people to dragon each time it spawns.

Bacon

What's really depressing is when you don't win with him. I lost two in a row with warwick jungle and didn't even get a bunch of kills. Finally the last one I did well again and had someone say it was legit unfair, which is working as intended.

I'm not sure if I changed runes or something or not. I'm using flat AD now. 21/9/0 or 9/21/0 better?

I go 21/9/0 with attack speed quints and ad marks. I've not had a bad game with him yet. I'm usually 0/0/0 when I hit level 6 and then I just hit R to get a kill every minute or so. It's so broken, lol.

Blizzard

Banned
I go 21/9/0 with attack speed quints and ad marks. I've not had a bad game with him yet. I'm usually 0/0/0 when I hit level 6 and then I just hit R to get a kill every minute or so. It's so broken, lol.
When that works, yeah. Sometimes you find yourself against teams where there's a stun support following everyone around so you can't get an isolated kill, or the enemies have dashes/CC to escape easily if the ult doesn't instantly kill.

I got rid of my attack speed runes since I heard the jungle buff stacks don't work with them (the poison thing?) and had been trying AD instead. Maybe that was part of it.

Bacon

When that works, yeah. Sometimes you find yourself against teams where there's a stun support following everyone around so you can't get an isolated kill, or the enemies have dashes/CC to escape easily if the ult doesn't instantly kill.

I got rid of my attack speed runes since I heard the jungle buff stacks don't work with them (the poison thing?) and had been trying AD instead. Maybe that was part of it.

Yeah I can see that, luckily i'm a silver scrub so I don't think anyone I play is going to understand how to deal with a warwick so I've been able to have ridiculously good success with him.

Blizzard

Banned
Oh, just one other minor note on this -- I checked last game, and the ult cooldown is 110 seconds at level 1. So it's nearly TWO minutes instead of one. It's still very powerful if you can manage to catch a non-QSS non-dash isolated person with it though.

Bacon

Oh, just one other minor note on this -- I checked last game, and the ult cooldown is 110 seconds at level 1. So it's nearly TWO minutes instead of one. It's still very powerful if you can manage to catch a non-QSS non-dash isolated person with it though.

Yeah I was being intentionally hyperbolic. It's still a really short cooldown for such a strong ability.

zkylon

zkylewd
if i had to guess i'd say joe miller and deman realized that no one cares about lol eu anymore and would rather just cast cs go or something

sucks :/

Edwardo

Kalista is kind of annoying. I'm not sure if I like not being able to cancel my auto attacks.

Maybe I just need more practice.

Anyone get FPS drop whenever someone casts a skill for the first or second time?

Actually, whenever anything appears on screen, for the first time, including champs, minions and monsters. I've seen my FPS drop as low as 7 for a second. Matches are very annoying at the beginning.
I only get that with Sona ever since her rework. Think it's primarily with her Q, but I'm not entirely sure.

zkylon

zkylewd
Nope.

from Deman's post it was because they moved the EU LCS to Berlin instead of Cologne and he didn't want to up and move there
oh, that's weird, you'd think rito would've spoken to their casters before making the move

in any case, they'll be missed, i don't hate quickshot but joe miller's much more entertaining

although i wasn't planning on watching much eu lcs this year since fnatic seems like has gone to shit

zkylon keep going. you're going to break Newt eventually

soon he's going to be telling us his idolm@ster top 3
Azusa > Miki > Makoto
or his favourite Nisekoi waifu
Chitoge ofc

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Please go back to League of Legends. Your im@s rankings are too painful.

zkylon

zkylewd
i feel like this is something i should be aware of

at the same time it sounds like it would be dangerous to allow me near it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom