• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

ldCI7ZQ.png

sometimes you just gotta load up a bot game and have fun

But...you can only ever max out the crit. at 100%...

I like everything about shaco except his animations.

Once he gets a visual update I'll probably play him jungle.
In the past Riot has talked about how Shaco's fairly high on the priority list for a visual rework and that they'd possibly look into redoing his skill set as well, so I don't think he's too far off. Should require far less work than Poppy, Taric and Eve.

Idk, he's generally ok but I feel he is frustrated with other things in his life (gf moved to another country to work etc.)
Important life lesson: Corki players are always trouble.

Did Riot adjust MMRs or something? I'm seeing mostly high elos even on normal blind pick, but I haven't played blind pick for a long time. I mostly saw unrankeds and golds back then.

And damn Maokai is really tanky. I was Jinx but I was losing 1v1s until I got BoRK (last). He had Tabi, FH, TM, RoA, SV, Abyssal

bidguy

Banned
can someone tell me if im right on this one ?

ive been playing normals only (im 30 already) and in the beginning i used to play only with unranked and the occasional gold player

as i leveled up the amount of ranked players increased up to a point where i only play with gold/plat and 1 unranked every game (or silver from time to time) i assume the unranked player is there because of me

does that mean if im improving and winning games ill face plat only or diamond players as my mmr improves ?

sometimes i feel like its totally random

Sofo

ive been playing normals only (im 30 already) and in the beginning i used to play only with unranked and the occasional gold player

as i leveled up the amount of ranked players increased up to a point where i only play with gold/plat and 1 unranked every game (or silver from time to time) i assume the unranked player is there because of me

does that mean if im improving and winning games ill face plat only or diamond players as my mmr improves ?

Have you checked if they are on premades?

I tend to get matched with golds/silvers but sometimes we get weird matches where we get someone diamond/plat and their unranked partner and such.

Leezard

Note that not every gold/plat etc player have the same mmr in normals. But yeah, you will face higher level opponents the more you improve. The system might detect that you win a lot and raise your normal mmr accordingly. You might have gold level mmr in normals.

MaxiLive

I'm the same, I've been playing LoL for a good while but I don't play ranked. I often get teamed up with Platinum/Diamonds but more than likely it is usually golds. If I go with a party then it is the typical Silver/Gold mix-match so I think my normal MMR is fairly screwed. If you play a lot of normals I think you are bound to have higher MMR compared to rank due to the added troll picks or people not caring which means you can often get a free win which wouldn't exist in ranked.

Newt

I feel like I only get matched with diamond players nowadays in both normals and tb. It makes playing with friends under plat very not fun.

Jeff-DSA

Spectated a friend's game last night and she was playing against a Katarina, Warwick, Tristana, Mastery Yi, and Morgana composition. I still pretty much never dodge, but if there ever was a time...

Newt

Spectated a friend's game last night and she was playing against a Katarina, Warwick, Tristana, Mastery Yi, and Morgana composition. I still pretty much never dodge, but if there ever was a time...
I don't actually think that's a very good composition.

Extremely susceptible to either a poke team or a team with 2 tanks / bruisers. It looks pretty much like a pick-off comp. If they don't put a large lead during mid-game they're going to falter.

Jeff-DSA

I don't actually think that's a very good composition.

She's in Silver. Also, their team didn't have any CC aside from Sona, which barely counts. I try to tell her all the time that if the other team picks Katarina that they absolutely must take at least one champion with hard CC, preferably two.

I like watching her games because it's entertaining. They make so many poor decisions both ways that it's a constant reminder of what mistakes lose games.

Aatrox jungle. Let's see how this works out
Tried it last week, it felt pretty shitty. His early clears are meh and his sustain is pretty mediocre until you get some lifesteal. You'd think someone with that W would keep up with health but nope, better get used to staying at half HP for most of the time.

Leezard

I actually thought the opposite. Played a game with Euler and Zpooks as Aatrox jungle and it went really well. His clear was fine, he has good sustain with the W. Just max W, then E and you'll clear really fast, have potent early ganks and sustain well.

I think he's a sleeper hit honestly. Go Trailblazer with Devourer -> BotRK -> tanky

You do so much damage and never die.

Yeah, I thought it worked out fine that game. You could duel Zed despite him being quite fed in the mid game.

Hey not my fault there's so many cool Syndra skins concepts flying around but Riot goes for garbage instead

But hey, at least Atlantean Syndra gave us some Zeronis art. That's something I guess.

zkylon

zkylewd
tbh there's not that many good syndra ideas, a lot are ideas about the balls (like dodgeball syndra) but then the actual designs are super lame. things like that. even the arcade syndra i don't think looks so great (tho i love dem stockings)

my favorite is the one that's syndra in her pajamas. it makes no sense but i like pajamas

I like the Arcade idea - blocky balls! - but I thought that particular concept looked hideous.

Syndra needs a Final Boss style skin instead.

My face when I saw Lucian stand near a wall, casted a pre-emptive Pillar to chase after him as the rest of my team approached him, and then he ended up stuck for the entirety of that Pillar's duration after he dashed over said wall the moment he spotted them. The sheer joy I felt was palpable.

Has anyone ever done a Full AD Yorick?
Don't like it, he blows up easily with his lacking range. Early Triforce when you're ahead (after a Glacial Shroud) is fun times though.

zkylon

zkylewd
there'll be a jinx figure~~~~~

I like the Arcade idea - blocky balls! - but I thought that particular concept looked hideous.

Syndra needs a Final Boss style skin instead.
i like the little voxel balls but i don't like the visor thingie or the hat or generally how she looked overall (except dose beautiful rainbow stockings)

syndra could fit a pretty good blood moon skin, or something generally more ionesque. i wanna see something inspired by that syndra x zed comic

Make yourself comfy because that will take a long time even though a couple nerfs would be justified.

tbh i think they're pretty close to happening

pretty sure it's gonna be an e nerf, either a j4-esque nerf to the stun width or higher cd or scaling stun duration or something.

i hope it's not range, tho, that stun range is pretty core to her gameplay

Ya i'll be happy with some Syndra nerfs. I really don't like seeing one on the other team.

git gud son

tbh i think they're pretty close to happening

pretty sure it's gonna be an e nerf, either a j4-esque nerf to the stun width or higher cd or scaling stun duration or something.

i hope it's not range, tho, that stun range is pretty core to her gameplay
I dunno, like Xerath she just kind of disappeared. She's not a dominant pick - she never really was - and Riot has bigger fish to fry. If they wanted to nerf her stun width they could have done that ages ago.

I think Riot will just forget about her for a while and then do something much later, like Ori

zkylon

zkylewd
I dunno, like Xerath she just kind of disappeared. She's not a dominant pick - she never really was - and Riot has bigger fish to fry. If they wanted to nerf her stun width they could have done that ages ago.

I think Riot will just forget about her for a while and then do something much later, like Ori
i dunno, i don't think syndra is much of a problematic champion (she has some issues but so do all champions in the game) but rito's already spoken about nerfing her, so it's bound to happen eventually

also i hope xerath does get nerfed, he's one of the most boring and most annoying champions in mid lane. like, i do think he's better since the rework but his hitboxes are awful

also ori did get (stupidly) nerfed recently

Finally, time to buy all the Sona swag
all i want from rito for xmas is this

zkylon

zkylewd
anywho, setting aside edwardo's admission of guilt

Warwick
Infinite Duress (R) total damage reduced to 200/275/300 damage from 250/335/420
Infinite Duress (R) lifesteal gained during duration increased to 35% from 30%
still op methinks tho with devourer nerfs maybe not so much

Hunter's Machete
Now grant +10 bonus gold per large monster kill.

Poacher's Knife, Ranger's Trailblazer, Skirmisher's Sabre, Stalker's Blade
Now grant +20 bonus gold per large monster kill

(and all the camps give a bit more LESS (sorry) gold, like 10% more)
will that be enough?

Jayce
Hyper Charge (Cannon W) cooldown decreased to 13/11/9/7/5 from 14/12/10/8/6
also random jayce buff because fuck it jayce at worlds was so much fun!!!

Jayce was - and probably still is - among the top 5 best mid laners by the end of S4, naturally that means he needs buffs

What could possibly go wrong

drawkcaB

I think he's a sleeper hit honestly. Go Trailblazer with Devourer -> BotRK -> tank.

There's not much point in trying to evaluate the strength of champions who rely on Trailblazer/Devourer in the S5 junglers when both are getting nerfs next patch.

Aatrox is an item reliant jungler, not as much level reliant compared to others. So in S5 when you have an item as overpowered as 4.20 Devourer's it'll be a greater power spike on Aatrox than on other champions completing their jungle item. Same goes for Trailblaser's lower CD which goes a long way to cover maxing W first.

Once the nerfs go through Aatrox will be roughly the same as in S4; a good early game ganker who is really strong once he gets a pair of item (typically devourer's + BotRK but has a lull in the mid-game, particularly if you aren't able to get successful ganks. His weak mid-game isn't offset by any other part of his game.

Aatrox as your main jungler is best if you also happen to main him elsewhere (i.e. top).

Blizzard

Banned
I like Teemo. He has cute skins and funny lines and on rare occasions people may get trolled by AP mushrooms. The eternal underdog. :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom