• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

drawkcaB

Taking that early Gromp is ridiculous if your opponents do not and/or are not aware of it. Their bot lane probably played a bit too aggressive since they noticed we came late to lane, which allowed us to snowball into a position where a single auto hit from Kalista on Sona/Cait forced a kill.

http://matchhistory.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/EUW1/1852995720/21673252?tab=overview

Been seeing this sort of stuff happen in streams more often as well. I have a feeling that we'll be seeing an XP reduction on the camps combined with some sort of XP boost attached to hunter's machete.

zkylon

zkylewd
jinx.jpg

it's not exactly a nendoroid and i think it's kind of ugly personally

zkylon

zkylewd
i don't like syndra's design tho

well i like the barefeet floaty silky thing she has going on but that's all i like about her

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
No, I built and carried this team and I shall rule with an iron fist.

I'll do it when I get home.

Leezard

Been seeing this sort of stuff happen in streams more often as well. I have a feeling that we'll be seeing an XP reduction on the camps combined with some sort of XP boost attached to hunter's machete.

That, or make it deal more damage/be tankier so that lanes actually lose something when doing the camp.

edit:
Lucian
Lightslinger (Passive) damage of second shot reduced to 30/40/50% (at 1/7/13) from 50%
Lightslinger (Passive) duration down to 2 seconds from 6.
That certainly is a nerf.

Nekofrog

Banned
the damage is okay

the cooldown isn't a huge deal. usually in lane you're proccing the passive almost immediately anyway, very rarely do you linger around to get it off on someone.

jerd

Jayce change is a nerf, not a buff. CD now set to start after all three shots have been fired instead of immediately

bidguy

Banned
just had a ww focus me everytime in teamfights

1 shot every single time and i wasnt even the adc. he was tanky as fuck too

the damage is okay

the cooldown isn't a huge deal. usually in lane you're proccing the passive almost immediately anyway, very rarely do you linger around to get it off on someone.
It allows for selective cheesing a-la Ashe passive though. Often I see Lucians trying to harass with Q, waiting a couple seconds to see if you try to last hit something and then auto you.

And it's about damn fucking time Riot addressed his bloody passive. Now if this isn't enough stop looking at fucking cooldowns and mana costs and rip his fucking Q apart.
Jayce change is a nerf, not a buff. CD now set to start after all three shots have been fired instead of immediately
Yeah. That one is gonna sting, using two Ws in a short span is basically one of the most bullshit things Jayce can do.

Leezard

It allows for selective cheesing a-la Ashe passive though. Often I see Lucians trying to harass with Q, waiting a couple seconds to see if you try to last hit something and then auto you.

And it's about damn fucking time Riot addressed his bloody passive. Now if this isn't enough stop looking at fucking cooldowns and mana costs and rip his fucking Q apart.
This should hopefully be enough. It's quite the nerf. His passive and his Q are what deals damage in his kit. This is going to sting.

Nekofrog

Banned
they should remove all snares/slows/dashes/blinks/any other movement ability from adc's so you're left with all immobile champions and the decision of who you're going to play comes down to

"do you like mustache'd shotgun man/crazy flat girl/girl with bow/boy with bow/gender ambiguous power hand person/bertish sniper lady/crossbow lady/crossbow lady with bird/stinky rat with crossbow/double gat raincoat guy/double gat pirate girl/cannon midget/ghost lady with spear/guy who prolly cuts himself with own axes/midget in a helicopter/BARFFF/throwing spinny yelling lady/OH GOD WHAT IS THIS MONSTROSITY"

and you will be forced to roleplay in all chat

Blizzard

Banned
just had a ww focus me everytime in teamfights

1 shot every single time and i wasnt even the adc. he was tanky as fuck too
Aside from QSS cancelling Warwick (and Malzahar and Skarner) suppression, anything that can disrupt Katarina ult can stop it. So if you have a good teammate who can throw a stun or something, that will set you free.

Also, especially if he was tanky, how much HP did you have? Looking at the wiki (http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Warwick) I'm struggling to see how the math would work out to an instant kill even if you were very squishy. I'm guessing in ultra optimal conditions the boosted ult could do 1000-1500 damage at level 18, but even then I would guess you would have a bit more HP than that.

He might have used ult, then Q, then autoattack to kill you in 3+ hits maybe?

Blizzard

Banned
yeah pretty much no junglers. AD and support top with an AP mage bottom. It was already more prevalent at higher elos but with these changes it will be a necessity.
I'm unfamiliar with the Twisted Treeline numbers. What changes will cause this in the future specifically? PBE or confirmed next patch note changes?

I'm unfamiliar with the Twisted Treeline numbers. What changes will cause this in the future specifically? PBE or confirmed next patch note changes?

in the PBE patch notes. the respawn of the camps is not 80 seconds instead of 50. That'll severely reduce the gold and experience available in the jungle, making it practically worthless to jungle in the map.

AD and support meta will be the only choice now with lanes farming the jungle camps for extra gold/exp.

It's a really bad change.

drawkcaB

That, or make it deal more damage/be tankier so that lanes actually lose something when doing the camp.

This ends up fucking the jungler instead unless you pair that with "received X% less damage from jungle monsters" but even then, how much more damage/tankiness do jungle monsters need before it isn't worth getting to lane with a level 2 advantage? Enough to terrify most junglers I imagine.

(Get fucked Lucian)

if you're playing ADC right now you should be playing Sivir, Corki and Graves, and Caitlyn if you want to punish either Sivir or Graves. Jinx isn't as good as the others right now, but still decent.

Blizzard

Banned
in the PBE patch notes. the respawn of the camps is not 80 seconds instead of 50. That'll severely reduce the gold and experience available in the jungle, making it practically worthless to jungle in the map.

AD and support meta will be the only choice now with lanes farming the jungle camps for extra gold/exp.

It's a really bad change.
Doesn't Riot sometimes try weird things in the PBE, but revert them or change them before they hit the game? This might be such a case.

Nekofrog

Banned
if you're playing ADC right now you should be playing Sivir, Corki and Graves, and Caitlyn if you want to punish either Sivir or Graves. Jinx isn't as good as the others right now, but still decent.

sivir for the utility (assuming your team is fairly knowledgeable how to use her)
graves for the up front burst damage early/mid game
corki for the same reason
caitlyn to punish all of the above (and more) except for corki

and jinx because she scales better into the late game than the above listed

V_Arnold

Jinx fo lyfe, yo.
She has the ability to turn shit around, simple as that. One moment you are running away from them, the next? They are running away from you.

Or lane lost? No matter, farming back up till a shiv+ie, and suddenly, people cant ignore you.

Nekofrog

Banned
people seem to have forgotten that jinx is still a late game hyper carry. her mediocre-to-ok laning phase did a lot to put people off to her, but get her core items and watch her decimate team fights

zkylon

zkylewd
jinx is fun

she's just full of fun mechanics: switching guns, resets, skillshot cc, a global execute, she's just so much fun. and obviously her character's totally awesome

and those are the only things i care about

yeah pretty much no junglers. AD and support top with an AP mage bottom. It was already more prevalent at higher elos but with these changes it will be a necessity.

yeah that sounds pretty lame

i've never really understood how 3s work, i always kept falling behind as a laner and growing ridiculously beast as a jungler in that mode, but to be fair me and my friends always do random picks on that mode

people seem to have forgotten that jinx is still a late game hyper carry. her mediocre-to-ok laning phase did a lot to put people off to her, but get her core items and watch her decimate team fights
ADC players have basically forgotten about any ADC that isn't Lucian or Corki the past few months. I still think people vastly underrate Ezreal after the last set of buffs.

Nekofrog

Banned
a late game jinx, in my opinion, is even more terrifying than a late game vayne. jinx has an easier time getting to late game than vayne, has more range, and insane AOE crit damage. vayne might melt your tank in 6-7 autos, but jinx will melt your entire team in 6-7 autos.

oops someone got away

WE GOT A RUNNER

WE GOT A RUNNER

SHOOT THE ROCKET

Newt

Jinx doesn't take a whole lot of skill to play, but you really gotta rely on your team to peel the assasins off of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom