• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
Do people keep their gold support item all through the game or ditch it towards end-game?

Edit: For context I'm specifically thinking about FQC as it's the weakest of the three late IMO.

most of the times i don't upgrade gp10 items, at least not past level 2, specially spellthief since shurelya and relic shield thingie actives are a lot more generally useful and harder to fuck up than the slow

there's not much of a point in selling them i think, they give decent stats and have useful actives, i guess if you're at 6 items (one being a pink ward slot)? but really i can't think what else you could buy

zkylon

zkylewd
e cd doesn't scale with ranks so i think if you're maxing e second it's for the damages/extra waveclear (tho i dunno if new gragas needs that)

sounds like w is better but i haven't played him in ages

also damn battle bunny boxbox is kinda cute

I'm pretty sure you're supposed to get W second. Decreased CD, increased DR and a really high increase in both the base and % HP damage.

All E ranks give you is base damage.

Leezard

Do people keep their gold support item all through the game or ditch it towards end-game?

Edit: For context I'm specifically thinking about FQC as it's the weakest of the three late IMO.

I usually switch FQC into another item late game (i.e. when I have full build). The other ones I usually keep.

edit:
starting Gromp/Golems with bot lane on lvl 1 (no jungler) is ridiculous. I just snowballed a lane so hard you'd think they had not played bot lane before.

Ah thanks, informative. Seems like you need a different sort of Cho to run top, but it must work out well if he's done so well.
Two common traps to avoid: buying Rod of Ages (which the AMA guy unfortunately does) and speccing Q at level 1. He doesn't need the stats from the former since he can get those through other, more beneficial items (never mind the sustain being overkill) and Cho's Rupture should be generally maxed last when laning top. Each rank only increases its flat damage, so it's a one point wonder.

Blizzard

Banned
I usually switch FQC into another item late game (i.e. when I have full build). The other ones I usually keep.

edit:
starting Gromp/Golems with bot lane on lvl 1 (no jungler) is ridiculous. I just snowballed a lane so hard you'd think they had not played bot lane before.
Do you mean you did a 3-player lane? Or you were ADC or support and just killed the gromp or golems without smite before heading to lane, and didn't take too much damage?

Edwardo

Two common traps to avoid: buying Rod of Ages (which the AMA guy unfortunately does) and speccing Q at level 1. He doesn't need the stats from the former since he can get those through other, more beneficial items (never mind the sustain being overkill) and Cho's Rupture should be generally maxed last when laning top. Each rank only increases its flat damage, so it's a one point wonder.

What items would u suggest? I've only played cho once or twice so I have no idea.

Leezard

Do you mean you did a 3-player lane? Or you were ADC or support and just killed the gromp or golems without smite before heading to lane, and didn't take too much damage?

ADC + supp kills gromp/golems on lvl 1. If you juggle the damage it's not too bad. You can let the adc get the full xp for instant lvl 2, while barely missing anything on lane. This game, we didn't miss any xp on lane, but I can see that you might miss a single melee minion or two if unlucky. It's still worth it.

zkylon

zkylewd
ADC + supp kills gromp/golems on lvl 1. If you juggle the damage it's not too bad. You can let the adc get the full xp for instant lvl 2, while barely missing anything on lane. This game, we didn't miss any xp on lane, but I can see that you might miss a single melee minion or two if unlucky. It's still worth it.

i wasn't playing before preseason but what changed that allowed for this?

aren't jungle monsters stronger in s5?

Leezard

i wasn't playing before preseason but what changed that allowed for this?

aren't jungle monsters stronger in s5?

I'm a bit unsure, I think it's possible the creeps give more xp, for the instant level 2. I saw it on a couple of pros' streams and tried it out for myself.

The jungler will have to be able to start on the opposite side golem/gromp or instant blue/red though.

Blizzard

Banned
I'm a bit uncertain, I think it's possible the creeps give more xp, for the instant level 2. I saw it on a couple of pros' streams and tried it out for myself.

The jungler will have to be able to start on the opposite side golem/gromp or instant blue/red though.
Little golem + big golem gave 180 XP total in season 4, and the replacements apparently give 200 XP now.

Don't jungle camps have longer respawn times now though? If it gets bot lane snowballing maybe that's worth it, but if I'm on the bottom left (red side?) I usually start the new golems anyway. Even if I started with the gromp, I would basically be behind a level due to bot lane counterjungling me with the golems I would think.

Leezard

Little golem + big golem gave 180 XP total in season 4, and the replacements apparently give 200 XP now.

Don't jungle camps have longer respawn times now though? If it gets bot lane snowballing maybe that's worth it, but if I'm on the bottom left (red side?) I usually start the new golems anyway. Even if I started with the gromp, I would basically be behind a level due to bot lane counterjungling me with the golems I would think.

They do have longer respawn times (110 s IIRC), but it is definitely worth it. It is very difficult for a bot lane that does not take the camp to compete with a botlane that does take the camp.

Of course, if the jungler really can't start with the help of the top laner or can't make do without that camp, then you'll have to help him.

zkylon

zkylewd
damn i strained my neck last night and can't even sit in front of the comptuer without it hurting

i want my double ip ;_;

What items would u suggest? I've only played cho once or twice so I have no idea.
If you want mana, Glacial Shroud into an eventual Frozen Heart will usually suffice, with its completion being delayed if need be. For health you have numerous options: Rylai's, Haunting Guise into eventual Liandry's, Randuin's, Ohmwrecker, Righteous Glory, Aegis, et cetera. Several of these are admittedly fairly situational, but they can work on a utilitank like Cho'gath at the right time or if you can afford offensive luxury. Ignore Warmog's and Sunfire Cape; no proper justification to ever buy these on him. Magic resist: Spirit Visage or Abyssal Scepter if your team can make the most out of its aura. Banshee's Veil is hardly a bad pick-up, but I only buy it over the aforementioned two options in very specific situations.

Either way, itemize him on a match-to-match basis. Just keep in mind that Cho really likes CDR if permitted and that he's only relatively mana-hungry during the early game. Reasons why I dislike Rod of Ages on him in any lane: Catalyst makes it all the more tempting for the enemy laner to persistently harrass him since it doesn't really improve his laning ability, and Cho can do more with Rylai's later on while also offering more ability power than RoA.

Edwardo

If you want mana, Glacial Shroud into an eventual Frozen Heart will usually suffice, with its completion being delayed if need be. For health you have numerous options: Rylai's, Haunting Guise into eventual Liandry's, Randuin's, Ohmwrecker, Righteous Glory, Aegis, et cetera. Several of these are admittedly fairly situational, but they can work on a utilitank like Cho'gath at the right time or if you can afford offensive luxury. Ignore Warmog's and Sunfire Cape; no proper justification to ever buy these on him. Magic resist: Spirit Visage or Abyssal Scepter if your team can make the most out of its aura. Banshee's Veil is hardly a bad pick-up, but I only buy it over the aforementioned two options in very specific situations.

Either way, itemize him on a match-to-match basis. Just keep in mind that Cho really likes CDR if permitted and that he's only relatively mana-hungry during the early game. Reasons why I dislike Rod of Ages on him in any lane: Catalyst makes it all the more tempting for the enemy laner to persistently harrass him since it doesn't really improve his laning ability, and Cho can do more with Rylai's later on while also offering more ability power than RoA.

Sweet thanks.

zkylon

zkylewd
I made ~14k ip this weekend.

so jelly

i want ip to buy me two more support runepages but yeah playing with my head tilted like this is pretty uncomfortable and excruciating pain is not much better lol

14k ip tho.... that's dumbinion for ya alright :>

(pls forgive me)

Blizzard

Banned
I made ~14k ip this weekend.
I played a ton of ARAM with you and only got 3-4k ip. Were you using a boost on top of it or something? Even for win of the day, ARAM only got me 268 IP for that game I think. It didn't really feel like double ip though I imagine the math is right.

Newt

It's hilarious just hunting a team like that. Shaco getting instantly bursted by TF and Ezreal trying to survive the Sivir + Rammus + Ali combo with his ghetto items.
6510e9ded9f1726a8be3f9d0db4e0523.png

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I played a ton of ARAM with you and only got 3-4k ip. Were you using a boost on top of it or something? Even for win of the day, ARAM only got me 268 IP for that game I think. It didn't really feel like double ip though I imagine the math is right.

Buy Smash Wii U >:D.

So, I've been trying Cho'Gath top lately with a build I haven't tried before, and it's working beautifully so far. I'm currently 4-0 with him, with a pretty decent KDA each time. While late game you might not do too much damage with your Q and W, your Ulti is great to either finish off a tank that won't get off of your ADC, or take a huge chunk out of their carry. Plus, the knockup on your Q, and the silence on your W can turn the tide of a teamfight.

I've also rediscovered my love for Skarner.

Blizzard

Banned
so your left wrist? lol
Yes. I have a split ergonomic keyboard but I probably have a bad habit of holding down the space bar with my left thumb to occasionally lock the camera when fighting or dodging, and the spacebar is not very good.

I made 10k playing dominion/aram only this weekend. It really is the best way to get a lot of ip.
I just tried doing the math on this and it is boggling my mind. How much IP did you get per game on average? My ARAM IP varied, but the highest in my history for a victory that wasn't win of the day was 136 IP.

For the sake of math, let's assume you manage to win 100% of your games because you're super lucky. Win of the day was like 136 extra IP for me, so let's say 3 wins of the day over the weekend means roughly 400 IP. So we'll do the math on earning 10000 - 400 = 9600 IP.

9600 / 136 = 70 wins. To get 136 you have to play long games too, like 30+ minutes. But let's say that not only are you lucky with winning every game, you ALSO win every game in under 20 minutes. 70 * 20 = 1400 = 23+ hours.

Average that over 3 days and you get over 7 hours per day of nothing but League wins. Did dominion give more? Am I missing something here?

Bacon

Yes. I have a split ergonomic keyboard but I probably have a bad habit of holding down the space bar with my left thumb to occasionally lock the camera when fighting or dodging, and the spacebar is not very good.

I just tried doing the math on this and it is boggling my mind. How much IP did you get per game on average? My ARAM IP varied, but the highest in my history for a victory that wasn't win of the day was 136 IP.

For the sake of math, let's assume you manage to win 100% of your games because you're super lucky. Win of the day was like 136 extra IP for me, so let's say 3 wins of the day over the weekend means roughly 400 IP. So we'll do the math on earning 10000 - 400 = 9600 IP.

9600 / 136 = 70 wins. To get 136 you have to play long games too, like 30+ minutes. But let's say that not only are you lucky with winning every game, you ALSO win every game in under 20 minutes. 70 * 20 = 1400 = 23+ hours.

Average that over 3 days and you get over 7 hours per day of nothing but League wins. Did dominion give more? Am I missing something here?

I wasn't really paying attention to how much ip I was getting per game but I bought a three day ip boost on Friday night and played all night and then all day yesterday and today.

Blizzard

Banned
I wasn't really paying attention to how much ip I was getting per game but I bought a three day ip boost on Friday night and played all night and then all day yesterday and today.
Ah, okay. I asked Opiate and they said they were using a boost, so that makes sense. The boost was on top of the free IP boost.

"noob cait obviously got boosted, deals no damage"

Well duh. Alistar had Randuin, Frozen Heart and Thornmail versus Lightbringer (they had Teemo), Shiv, LW and Berserker. I'm starting to hate my border.

Sofo

So my friend Blintz88 (Corki on the screen) got really ragey at me yesterday after a failed ARAM. He's usually OK but right after the game ended he was like "trash items you built there" and I was trying to argue that the only dubious item there would be the Zephyr. My reasoning for buying it was because of the enemy team composition, almost everyone in the enemy team had a slow or a stun except Azir, and everytime I went in, I couldn't do anything ...

I think this all comes from one day that I told him to not build Bloodthrister as first item Ezreal, and since then he's held it a bit as a grudge I guess? Idk, I felt really sad and it kinda made my blood boil.

Thoughts? It really frustrated me.

8ASHOd7.png

Pd. Managed to win my 1st game in the new jungle without Warwick! (
Fiddlesticks though, lol.
)

Sofo

actually azir has a slow :p

(i like azir but i really think he needs a nerf)

He's really annoying to deal with. Lost to another Azir on a Normal too. He wasn't doing much the entire game then he became unstoppable for some reason. Also that ult is really fucking annoying.

What is Azir's slow? Is it if he collides with you or something?

bidguy

Banned
would 1 life steal quint be beneficial for a yasuo page or is it not noticeable ?

1xls quint, 2xad quints, 9x ms glyphs, 9xarmor seals, 8xarmor pen marks and 1x critical chance

So my friend Blintz88 (Corki on the screen) got really ragey at me yesterday after a failed ARAM. He's usually OK but right after the game ended he was like "trash items you built there" and I was trying to argue that the only dubious item there would be the Zephyr. My reasoning for buying it was because of the enemy team composition, almost everyone in the enemy team had a slow or a stun except Azir, and everytime I went in, I couldn't do anything ...

I think this all comes from one day that I told him to not build Bloodthrister as first item Ezreal, and since then he's held it a bit as a grudge I guess? Idk, I felt really sad and it kinda made my blood boil.

Thoughts? It really frustrated me.

8ASHOd7.png

Pd. Managed to win my 1st game in the new jungle without Warwick! (
Fiddlesticks though, lol.
)

Your items look fine to me. Plus, it's an ARAM. Who takes it THAT seriously to the point of raging at a friend?

Sofo

Idk, he's generally ok but I feel he is frustrated with other things in his life (gf moved to another country to work etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom