• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

23qwerty

Geranimo 2-2 in diamond promos in unranked to diamond in 27 hours straight

C0ELcRD.jpg

rito pls

Sofo

Congrats Sofo. Pentas are awesome.

Thanks! Sorry for the late reply, I went to bed!

The only other penta I ever did was vs bots as Annie ;o So even if we lost, I'm still super happy about it haha. Was funny telling my husband and he was like "that's good right?" and me "YES!". ;o Damn League illiterates!

Negaduck

Fun early league fact!

Just remembered this one!

So the cannon balls in gangplank's ult used to be considered minions dying. (My guess is that it was random creeps spawning in the area that would then explode and die).

Because the game considered them creeps dying, if you were Alistar fighting a gangplank, you would get almost infinite heals during the ult due to the cooldown almost instant refreshing.

it was awesome. You would be oom after but you would just heal and heal and heal and heal until the ult was done.

FCff8ya.png

vs

J7aW7tr.png

Nekofrog

Banned
good god

3 games in a row with newt

1 a top laner who intentionally feeds despite us being ahead
2 a godawful jungler
3 a godawful jungler that is so bad that even having all of his lanes smash is enough to lose because he's always in base for an entire minute or top when drag is up

infuriating

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Completely different builds, not a solo laner, only works because of preseason changes and is getting nerfed multiple ways next patch, etc.

Don't listen to the false shepherd.
the prophet predated the new jungle and thus could not fully match the builds, but the prophet knew the way of the bork and the shiv of statik.
the prophet also knew to forsake the spell of Q and place his sacred levels in the E of glorious 1v1 potential.

cwmartin

How do you guys generally deal with the feeling like your having bad luck or unhelpful teammates? The past few games have been down right demoralizing as I feel I've been playing well, but there is always a circumstance setting it back. Two afk players in 3 games, and a third where our jungle wouldn't gank and ended 0-12.

I genuinely feel I'm playing well and getting better, but things like this make me lose confidence and feel less like playing.

These attribute to my 2-6 placements so far which is also just as infuriating. Am I taking it too seriously? Are these just excuses and I deserve whatever placement I get?

How do you guys generally deal with the feeling like your having bad luck or unhelpful teammates? The past few games have been down right demoralizing as I feel I've been playing well, but there is always a circumstance setting it back. Two afk players in 3 games, and a third where our jungle wouldn't gank and ended 0-12.

I genuinely feel I'm playing well and getting better, but things like this make me lose confidence and feel less like playing.

These attribute to my 2-6 placements so far which is also just as infuriating. Am I taking it too seriously? Are these just excuses and I deserve whatever placement I get?
Best advice I can give is aside from the eventual AFK, stop paying attention to how your teammates are doing and focus solely on your own play.

Winning is a consequence of getting better, stop worrying about your losses and you'll get there eventually. Still try to take breaks if you start losing too much or getting salty over it.

cwmartin

Best advice I can give is aside from the eventual AFK, stop paying attention to how your teammates are doing and focus solely on your own play.

Winning is a consequence of getting better, stop worrying about your losses and you'll get there eventually. Still try to take breaks if you start losing too much or getting salty over it.

Word, I appreciate it. A few days to a week break would probably help my outlook on it a bit.

Edwardo

Generally I either take a short break to clear my mind or just power through it.

Like Stone said, just focus on what you are doing/not doing and try to learn from it. If you're always improving, then you'll get to a point where shitty teammates won't matter too much and you'll just carry everyone to the promised land. IMO, play as much as you can.

AFKs suck. Nothing you can really do, except move on to the next game.

Thanks! Sorry for the late reply, I went to bed!

The only other penta I ever did was vs bots as Annie ;o So even if we lost, I'm still super happy about it haha. Was funny telling my husband and he was like "that's good right?" and me "YES!". ;o Damn League illiterates!

Lol no worries. It happens when we're on different continents.

Have you tried to get your husband to play?

cwmartin

Generally I either take a short break to clear my mind or just power through it.

Like Stone said, just focus on what you are doing/not doing and try to learn from it. If you're always improving, then you'll get to a point where shitty teammates won't matter too much and you'll just carry everyone to the promised land. IMO, play as much as you can.

AFKs suck. Nothing you can really do, except move on to the next game.

Thanks Ed! I feel like I am improving which is positive, I just can't let the negative tax me mentally.

Sofo

Lol no worries. It happens when we're on different continents.

Have you tried to get your husband to play?

Actually yeah! But his PC wasn't running too well and back then I didn't have the patience with League as I have now...! Also he doesn't like any of the champs besides Pool Party Graves, and he makes fun of me for playing Tristana, Janna, Nami ._.

He's just butthurt because I kick his ass over and over again as Talim on Soul Calibur 2, so he's against the League of Waifus!

Alistar top is far too fun. I've played a few games as him and my goodness it is satisfying. I build him tank and just have fun as Riven's and Jax's can't do crap against me, as I punt them into tower. The only game I lost recently was against an Olaf. Dat true dmg.

I've considered going AP Ali, but from past experience that hasn't worked out well for me. Has anyone been able to make AP Ali work?

Edwardo

Alistar top is far too fun. I've played a few games as him and my goodness it is satisfying. I build him tank and just have fun as Riven's and Jax's can't do crap against me, as I punt them into tower. The only game I lost recently was against an Olaf. Dat true dmg.

I've considered going AP Ali, but from past experience that hasn't worked out well for me. Has anyone been able to make AP Ali work?

I think the build ppl were going with top was trinity force, statik shiv, then tank items. But that was before he was nerfed.

garath

Has blood moon elise hit yet? I haven't even had time to load up the client on my new install. I just installed my new SSD and win 8.1 and moved League to the new drive. I doubt it'll make a difference - I already load super quick but whatever.

I think the build ppl were going with top was trinity force, statik shiv, then tank items. But that was before he was nerfed.

That would make sense before the nerf. Now if I am against anyone that's ad, I rush that sunfire cape and then go into an iceborn gauntlet/trinity depending on how far I am ahead. After that I build armour and heath. Worked well for me so far.

drawkcaB

Has blood moon elise hit yet? I haven't even had time to load up the client on my new install. I just installed my new SSD and win 8.1 and moved League to the new drive. I doubt it'll make a difference - I already load super quick but whatever.

I have a few friends who installed LoL on their SSDs and I never understood why anyone would want to do that. The time it takes to get into a match is constrained by other people's potato-for-a-PC. For SP games I totally understand, or even having your OS on an SSD for faster booting, but LoL?

Stone Ocean said:
Ali getting a VU

Gotta say I was disappointed when I saw he'd been added to the list but is only receiving a visual update. I think there's lots of interesting things they could do with his kit.

garath

I have a few friends who installed LoL on their SSDs and I never understood why anyone would want to do that. The time it takes to get into a match is constrained by other people's potato-for-a-PC. For SP games I totally understand, or even having your OS on an SSD for faster booting, but LoL?

Gotta say I was disappointed when I saw he'd been added to the list but is only receiving a visual update. I think there's lots of interesting things they could do with his kit.

Yeah. LoL on a SSD is pointless. I only have it there right now because I'm wiping my old mechanical 1TB and wanted LoL available to play. I'll move it back to the mechanical when I'm done. LoL doesn't seem to care where the directory is at all. Not hard to just move it around and launch from the new location.

qt's been in like four games today with a guy playing yorick support and it's making me want to play it again. it's so dumb but it's actually kind of fun.

Ocho

You make a fair point but ssds are decently sized now it doesn't really matter.

drawkcaB

I dunno. I put some numbers together for a PC upgrade and to get the amount of space I need to hold my steam library/games drive SSDs would end up being about half the price of the PC. Then again I'm in Canada, so maybe prices way are better south.

garath

I dunno. I put some numbers together for a PC upgrade and to get the amount of space I need to hold my steam library/games drive SSDs would end up being about half the price of the PC. Then again I'm in Canada, so maybe prices way are better south.

I got my SSD for $160 over Cyber Monday. It's 480gigs. My original steam directory was around 450gigs but I uninstalled all the non-essentials and came up with 180. So I moved the whole thing over there initially. I'm sitting on 250 used on the drive right now give or take.

That said, I do think I'll move LoL and CS:GO back to my mechanical. No benefit from them. Dragon Age is helpful, it shaves SOME time off the load.

But yeah, any space concerns at all and LoL should stay on a mechanical.

Ocho

That's your first mistake. In the steam age, there's no need to have more than 3-5 games installed.

drawkcaB

Holy shit that Braum skin!

That's your first mistake. In the steam age, there's no need to have more than 3-5 games installed.

But what if I get an urge to immediately and with no wait play one of the dozens and dozens of games I bought during Steam Christmas sales that I haven't even played yet and get surprised that I even own when I look though my library?

DID YOU THINK OF THAT OCHO?!?!

(I'll probably end up getting an SSD and installing just the games I need, I just want to delay that moment as long as possible.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom