• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Dauntless Ahri:

daunt.jpg

El Tigre Braum:

dfsfd.jpg

These skins are awesome and that Wrestler Braum skin is gonna make me buy him, RITOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Newt

How do you guys generally deal with the feeling like your having bad luck or unhelpful teammates? The past few games have been down right demoralizing as I feel I've been playing well, but there is always a circumstance setting it back. Two afk players in 3 games, and a third where our jungle wouldn't gank and ended 0-12.

I genuinely feel I'm playing well and getting better, but things like this make me lose confidence and feel less like playing.

These attribute to my 2-6 placements so far which is also just as infuriating. Am I taking it too seriously? Are these just excuses and I deserve whatever placement I get?
Whenever I'm annoyed at my team-mates to the point where I feel we can't win, I'll just surrender when the 20 mark hits. If the surrender doesn't go through, I leave. It's effectively taking the decision making process away from team-mates. After 3 minutes, they tend to surrender anyways so it counts as a loss rather than a leave, and leavebuster doesn't come into play. I've been doing this from silver-diamond.

Ocho

Whenever I'm annoyed at my team-mates to the point where I feel we can't win, I'll just surrender when the 20 mark hits. If the surrender doesn't go through, I leave. It's effectively taking the decision making process away from team-mates. After 3 minutes, they tend to surrender anyways so it counts as a loss rather than a leave, and leavebuster doesn't come into play. I've been doing this from silver-diamond.

The worst kind of teammate. Don't listen to him. Comebacks are real (especially in lower tiers).

Nekofrog

Banned
lucian is still dumb

i die a lot as him, mainly because once i have an IE and shiv I go yolo and murder people recklessly resulting in my death but a team who takes objectives after. panda knows. panda saw.

also first time morde ever (outside of 30 seconds of a bot game that I left to play with panda) = win. i had no idea what i was doing lol

zkylon

zkylewd
love the ponytail on that ahri skin

prolly not gonna buy it since kpop ahri is best skin in the game but still tempting

also

Corki
Phosphorous Bomb [Q] - Missile Speed is now 1000 (down from 1125)
Phosphorous Bomb [Q] - Missile Gravity is now 60 (down from 70)

sounds like a sensible nerf, people got skilled enough with his new q to the point it felt like his old q

interesting

i'm guessing you won't be able to smite the same thing twice

This would make smite contest terrible.
there's no way you can smite stuff twice

like 2k baron nukes and like the slowing smite being usable twice would make ganks pretty brutal

bidguy

Banned
after 71 games with yasuo im still hovering barely over 50%

its at 51% now but it goes back and forth 50,51,50,51

give that man a buff riot

edit: just saw the buff is official. not that big but yay

We might have overdone it a tad with 4.18,

no shit

zkylon

zkylewd
I don't really get what the identity of that Ahri skin is.
yeah it's kind of a weird skin

the way rito puts it doesn't explain much either

The 2015 competitive season is about to begin, which means the climb to become world champions begins yet again! We're kicking off the 2015 competitive season with Dauntless Ahri!
It's a new season, which means all kinds of new beginnings - learning a new role or champion, playing with new teams, learning all of the changes.
It also means bettering yourself as a player - Improve your skills, excel in your main role, rank up higher than you ever have before.
Whether this is your first season, or your fifth, become a legend this season.
(what about that skin says "competition" or "progress" or "learning"???)

it's just a cool ahri skin i guess, i generally dislike such high contrast palettes but her ball looks pretty cool at least. i bet the splash will be super cool too.

now that i think about it, my three most played champions (ori, ahri and syndra) all have balls...

i thought chalice mana reg was too crazy why are they upping it to 2% of missing mana ?

it was a bug, without the bug chalice is pretty shit now since it's so fucking expensive

Yet another Ahri skin
chansub-global-emoticon-1ddcc54d77fc4a61-28x28.png

The Braum skin is pretty beastly though.
i don't understand complaining about other champions getting skins

like i can get behind you being bummed that no trundle skins are coming out but rolling your eyes over other people getting things that makes em happy is kind of lame dude

Newt

Well, now Lucian can't just dash into me and win a trade lvl 2 by doing nothing.

Piece of shit champion lol.

Nekofrog

Banned
also since jungle monsters are worth less gold now unless you have a jungle item, fiddle is hurting himself by starting a d-ring or amp tome

i don't understand complaining about other champions getting skins

like i can get behind you being bummed that no trundle skins are coming out but rolling your eyes over other people getting things that makes em happy is kind of lame dude
Everything is wrong about Ahri getting yet another skin when a) there's literally dozens of other champions who haven't received a new one in a much longer period of time than she did whilst there's already 5+ in total to choose from and b) the skin is question is beyond gaudy and tacky. There's nothing that stands out about the Dauntless skin other than "well, it's fucking ugly."

drawkcaB

I didn't originally catch it either but that was there on the first 4.21 PBE patch and removed the next day.

This would make smite contest terrible.

It has a cooldown on it. Not sure how I feel about the change, although it does have some interesting counter jungling implications.

My guess is that there would be a 20 second or even just a 10 second cooldown inbetween smites, like the 30 second cd on Kalista W despite her having 2 charges.

It had a cooldown last time that was on PBE, can't recall the amount.

I dunno, I like that Ahri skin more than Popstar. I like the intense air it has - Popstar is too playful for my tastes, which has been the most popular by far in my games. Like the change to her ball to make the outer area darker, as if it was containing a light source at its centre. Hope it has a good splash art.

I forsee the rise of the tank junglers next patch (in solo queue, not competitive, they'll never give up on Lee). Devourer and Rangers both getting large nerfs, and Skirmisher's Smite is less of a 1v1 win button for auto-attackers like Xin. Nunu shall have his throne once again.

Blizzard

Banned
Bragging about going AFK and getting away with it seems like a bad player attitude to me. I hope the LeaverBuster changes this season have some better way of catching that and weeding out those kinds of players.

I also sometimes see people sit in spawn and move every once in a while to try to dodge LeaverBuster.

Luchadore Braum is a great idea. I only wish he could hit people with the chair.

Also I hope the Orianna login screen finally gets here tonight. It's nearly Christmas!

I don't really get what the identity of that Ahri skin is.
It seems to be the first of a new series of preseason skins?
"The 2015 competitive season is about to begin, which means the climb to become world champions begins yet again! We're kicking off the 2015 competitive season with Dauntless Ahri!
It's a new season, which means all kinds of new beginnings - learning a new role or champion, playing with new teams, learning all of the changes.
It also means bettering yourself as a player - Improve your skills, excel in your main role, rank up higher than you ever have before.
Whether this is your first season, or your fifth, become a legend this season.
Whatever it is, it looks prutty.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Neither is "white and blue with some roman numerals tacked on to represent seasons" but alas.
Colors like gold and blue are commonly used to represent success. It even pops up when you win the game, not that the Victorious skin line is something to aspire to.

Newt

Bragging about going AFK and getting away with it seems like a bad player attitude to me. I hope the LeaverBuster changes this season have some better way of catching that and weeding out those kinds of players.
Oh, I don't AFK, I leave the game.

Colors like gold and blue are commonly used to represent success. It even pops up when you win the game, not that the Victorious skin line is something to aspire to.
So red and white is to represent all the losing you'll be doing during the preseason with all the bullshit running amok.

I dunno I got nothing, I just like the color scheme.

zkylon

zkylewd
patchnotes thoughts:

azir: very nice bugfixes to azir, i hope the quick w+e thing actually does something now. he needs a lategame nerf tho, he's pretty stupid atm
cassi: i don't like the e changes since they don't really change anything. like cassi never was a "poison mage" for me so i didn't really care about her being all about the e but now it adds an extra layer to do the same as before. the ratio buff on her e sounds kind of big tho, i think she'll be pretty strong specially since q also is gonna do a lot more damage if you land a few e's first
diana: i get that she needs a buff but i think that's a bad buff since it's actually punishing people with timing to interrupt her ulti. i don't like that, i just spend my flay cd and she still kills my adc. not cool
jax: wtf jax buffs seriously riot wtf
soraka: good nerfs, fuck soraka -__-
yasuu: reasonable buffs i think. i never hated him all that much anyways

system stuff: good nerfs to baron and dragon but i still think they're kind of weird. also i never felt i didn't have enough money, that's weird -__-. the death timer thing is cool too.

items: cool that negatron's back, it was missed. i dunno about chalice, i hope this puts it in parity with morellos. i really don't like morellos rush

Everything is wrong about Ahri getting yet another skin when a) there's literally dozens of other champions who haven't received a new one in a much longer period of time than she did whilst there's already 5+ in total to choose from and b) the skin is question is beyond gaudy and tacky. There's nothing that stands out about the Dauntless skin other than "well, it's fucking ugly."
riot did not spend all the trundle skin department money in making this ahri skin, pls

if there's skin ideas they make them, that's all there is to it. that's why fun champions have tons of skins while boring ass champions don't. with a few exceptions like ori and lux where the only explanation is rito hates me

about the skin being bad, that's just opinion and you're not the target audience so i dunno why you go into that. you hated kpop ahri so you really aren't in a position to have an opinion about that (just like i don't about trundle)

edit: i don't wanna say you shouldn't voice your opinion, like, of course you should. it's just that using "i don't like this skin for this champion's design i don't like" as an argument is kind of dumb cos you didn't like the champion in the first place. your opinion is ofc as valid as mine.

I dunno, I like that Ahri skin more than Popstar. I like the intense air it has - Popstar is too playful for my tastes, which has been the most popular by far in my games. Like the change to her ball to make the outer area darker, as if it was containing a light source at its centre. Hope it has a good splash art.
yeah like, i already got my ahri skin, so it's someone else's turn

that ponytail is calling for me tho

Jeff-DSA

Agree that late game Azir is out of control. The dude is like a more hard to avoid Jayce with his poke, and he is impossible to run from or chase down. He's just so dang safe for the damage he can do.

Heck, I think that his mid game is probably too strong too. By the end of the laning phase, even if you're ahead, he's probably stronger.

TomShoe

Banned
Definition of Hard Carry.

tMH9x.jpg

I tend to struggle a lot in the early and mid games when laning as Lucian farming is hard and I have issues trading, especially with Click2Damage champs like MF. Any tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom