• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Proxy farming is risky. It's easier to do if you get an advantage but if you aren't winning lane decently you're now stuck between two towers. Catching proxy farmers that aren't Singed isn't that hard.

Agreed. So far the ones that I have seen work the most have been Singed, Udry, Garen and Shen. Malphite might work, thinking about it.

Durden77

I have a whole lot of trouble getting out of my comfort zone. I've played casually on and off for like a year, but I pretty much always used Mundo. Now I'm liking Aatrox but I feel like I can't try anyone else.

How good are the recommended items for getting a new character started? I think that's the main thing that holds me back. Also I feel like I've been playing this game forever and I'm still level 15 lol.

bidguy

Banned
I have a whole lot of trouble getting out of my comfort zone. I've played casually on and off for like a year, but I pretty much always used Mundo. Now I'm liking Aatrox but I feel like I can't try anyone else.

How good are the recommended items for getting a new character started? I think that's the main thing that holds me back. Also I feel like I've been playing this game forever and I'm still level 15 lol.

i think riot updated the recommended pages but id still use lolking. its always situational though

You can either use the recommended stuff since they're mostly ok or look up builds over at probuilds.net

Newt

It works fine. You can't set up camp there all day, but a wave or two works just fine.
It doesn't work at all. Fiora and Darius lack the pre-requisties to be effective proxxy champions.

1. High mobility
2. Tank stats, or pseudo tank stats

Champions like Trynd, Shyvanna and Singed all fit this per-requisites. If I'm a jungler, and I see a Fiora or Darius proxxying, It's their toplaner telling me they want to die. If I see a Tyrnd or Singed, there's a good chance I'll just be wasting my time.

Jeff-DSA

It doesn't work at all. Fiora and Darius lack the pre-requisties to be effective proxxy champions.

1. High mobility
2. Tank stats, or pseudo tank stats

Champions like Trynd, Shyvanna and Singed all fit this per-requisites. If I'm a jungler, and I see a Fiora or Darius proxxying, It's their toplaner telling me they want to die. If I see a Tyrnd or Singed, there's a good chance I'll just be wasting my time.

1. Why would you go when the jungler is top side? You can clear a couple of waves before they come up from bot.
2. Pseudo tank stats...you get that from the Tiamat. You won't come out of those creep waves with any damage.
3. It's seriously fine for a wave or two, especially if your jungler is anywhere in the area, because both Darius and Fiora are scary to engage 1v1 or 2v2 (if their top laner and jungler respond along with your own jungler).

It's fine. I don't do it very often, but if I'm up a kill or two and I want to roam a little, I'll go take a wave. The wave evaporates with a Darius Q and a couple of autos and Fiora clears it just as fast with her E. You're only there for a couple of seconds. It's just a situation thing, but it works just fine (I've done it many times) for the quick clear/Tiamat guys. You're gone before they even respond. I wouldn't do it before Tiamat/Hydra and certainly not if I don't know where their jungler is at the time.

Newt

1. Why would you go when the jungler is top side? You can clear a couple of waves before they come up from bot.
2. Pseudo tank stats...you get that from the Tiamat. You won't come out of those creep waves with any damage.
3. It's seriously fine for a wave or two, especially if your jungler is anywhere in the area, because both Darius and Fiora are scary to engage 1v1 or 2v2 (if their top laner and jungler respond along with your own jungler).

It's fine. I don't do it very often, but if I'm up a kill or two and I want to roam a little, I'll go take a wave. The wave evaporates with a Darius Q and a couple of autos and Fiora clears it just as fast with her E. You're only there for a couple of seconds. It's just a situation thing, but it works just fine (I've done it many times) for the quick clear/Tiamat guys. You're gone before they even respond. I wouldn't do it before Tiamat/Hydra and certainly not if I don't know where their jungler is at the time.
You're missing the entire point of proxxy farming. You want the jungler to be in your lane. You want to create massive pressure for the enemy jungler. Proxxy farming isn't clearing a wave behind tower before recalling.

Also, you don't understand what I meant by pseudo tank stats. A pseudo tank stat is like Trynd ult...

Really horrible night for League. I feel like every single enemy is onto me. As soon as I start doing well, bam. Entire team ignores my teammates. Or maybe all my deaths were from enemies flashing in to kill me. Doesn't matter if they die alone and give everyone assists. They just want to kill me. Last game I had enemy Taric, Kat and Poppy ignoring everyone but me. I move around at the back line waiting, but they also do the same just for me, even if there's some other damn squishy out of position close to me. As soon as I get into position, BAM, flash ult gib.

Jeff-DSA

You're missing the entire point of proxxy farming. You want the jungler to be in your lane. You want to create massive pressure for the enemy jungler. Proxxy farming isn't clearing a wave behind tower before recalling.

Also, you don't understand what I meant by pseudo tank stats. A pseudo tank stat is like Trynd ult...

Ok, I get you there.

Ok, yeah, if you're doing it to draw the jungler up, you don't use the champs I mentioned. I just was referring to taking a wave here and there. If I'm trying to pull the jungler up I've used Gnar for that and then just escaped when they've come up. I'm not too confident in that when I'm intentionally trying to pull the jungler though. I typically just want to clear a wave or two to put pressure on the enemy top laner.

Related: Gnar is incredibly annoying to play against if you're jungling.

Sofo

Really horrible night for League. I feel like every single enemy is onto me. As soon as I start doing well, bam. Entire team ignores my teammates. Or maybe all my deaths were from enemies flashing in to kill me. Doesn't matter if they die alone and give everyone assists. They just want to kill me. Last game I had enemy Taric, Kat and Poppy ignoring everyone but me. I move around at the back line waiting, but they also do the same just for me, even if there's some other damn squishy out of position close to me. As soon as I get into position, BAM, flash ult gib.

Had that happen to me in a game as Tristana. Enemy Rengar would just go all the way through our frontline (I was way in the back). Worst was that he kept doing that unpunished...

I wasn't doing THAT well, though we did win lane, but it seemed I was his main target, whereas my support Zyra outdamaged me hard, so... idk.

Was really demoralizing though.

Newt

Had that happen to me in a game as Tristana. Enemy Rengar would just go all the way through our frontline (I was way in the back). Worst was that he kept doing that unpunished...

I wasn't doing THAT well, though we did win lane, but it seemed I was his main target, whereas my support Zyra outdamaged me hard, so... idk.

Was really demoralizing though.
Zyra usually does the most damage on the team as support. Don't let that bother you, lol.

New ESEX on Joe Miller and Deman.

nickallenpope.jpg

Nekofrog

Banned
IEM made me realize how much I loved Deman casting. of course he's not the most knowledgeable person on the desk (although he's miles ahead of quackshot), but holy heck can he cast a team fight and make it feel huge

Q8D3vil

i really dislike Morello on Azir, cant harass without losing half of my mana and the current soloq jungle meta is not treating mid lane well.

Nekofrog

Banned
whenever i aram with my friends and they get singed they groan

and i squee with excitement

prolly my favorite champ to aram with

first 10 minutes are hell but after that....

but then again i love playing tanks in aram. maokai, singed, and especially alistar.

whenever i aram with my friends and they get singed they groan

and i squee with excitement

prolly my favorite champ to aram with

first 10 minutes are hell but after that....

but then again i love playing tanks in aram. maokai, singed, and especially alistar.

i would gladly trade ziggs or lux for singed

Sofo

Good night overall as far as League goes! Just did 3 matches as Trist, did very well in the first one, although we lost but I don't care, because I got my first Pentakill! And it was legit too! Best is... I didn't realize until it was over. @_@

pb9J6ds.png

If only I had bought the Guardian Angel instead of the Last Whisper I could have survived. EVERYTIME Kassadin would just get to me ._. So annoying.

Next two games I didn't do as well but I got carried so whatever! Still kept a KDA above 2.0 and I was there when I was needed and with higher damage and participation than enemy ADCs, so I guess that's "good enough".

Durden77

i think riot updated the recommended pages but id still use lolking. its always situational though

You can either use the recommended stuff since they're mostly ok or look up builds over at probuilds.net

Thanks for the tips. Part of it is that I like to figure out things for my self somewhat with all games, so I really didn't want to have to resort to looking up builds, at least with first trying them. On top of the fact that many of the items I still don't understand in general, I'm mainly just looking for characters that "click" with abilities and such, and figure out the items later. Aatrox is about the only one so far besides Mundo to feel that way for me.

I've kept playing him and I think I'm starting to figure out some good builds for him. Lots of life steal and health.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom