• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leezard

Is rushing statik shiv on adc a thing these days? I've seen it two or three games in a row now.

No, it's just a sign of an unexperienced player, generally.

There was once a popular Tristana build that started with shiv, but that was during the time Trist was at her top.

Durden77

So I was reading up on some of the lore on the wiki just to get a taste, and it mentioned something about Riot saying pretty much all the lore should be deprecated? Does that mean this summoner and League lore mean nothing now?

zkylon

zkylewd
So I was reading up on some of the lore on the wiki just to get a taste, and it mentioned something about Riot saying pretty much all the lore should be deprecated? Does that mean this summoner and League lore mean nothing now?

some of the bios are gonna get major retconning because the league no longer existing (fiddle), some character's bios is gonna get minor tweaks (prolly sona, and other people that randomly joined the league like pantheon)

characters like jinx that never mention the league because it was a terrible idea in the first place are fine

Ferga

Just went against a rek sai jungle and wrecked her.

Read her like a book since her clear is so predictable.

For every bad rek sai I see, my curiosity grows

And it's pretty weird building stalkers on jarvan after the ranger's nerf but it works pretty well.

Just really hate having to constantly decide whether I want to use smite on jungle creeps or ganks.

Tizoc

No, it's just a sign of an unexperienced player, generally.

There was once a popular Tristana build that started with shiv, but that was during the time Trist was at her top.

I personally rush statik on either Tryndamere or Ganglpank if I'm top.
Though if as Trynda I'm pushing real well and able to stay in my lane for a good long period, I would likely rush Inf. Edge if on my first back if I have enough for a BFS.

Shyvana is awesome top. Fiora can't touch her.

What ability did you max out first?

Blizzard

Banned
Just went against a rek sai jungle and wrecked her.

Read her like a book since her clear is so predictable.

For every bad rek sai I see, my curiosity grows
Did you watch Nightblu3 playing AP and AD Rek'Sai in the jungle? They seemed to have some success if you're looking for playstyle or build tips.

On an unrelated note, I thought A-move with something like lightbringer would stop me if I encountered a mushroom. Apparently not, and it just walked me right through one. :(

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I personally rush statik on either Tryndamere or Ganglpank if I'm top.
Though if as Trynda I'm pushing real well and able to stay in my lane for a good long period, I would likely rush Inf. Edge if on my first back if I have enough for a BFS.

What ability did you max out first?
I think it was w. Might have been q though.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Betrayal!!!!!!!!

D:

NmvAPhY.png

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
There is a team?! In all honesty, how much ass do I have to kick, or who do I have to prove myself to, in order to get in on the ranked team?

It's not super serious. We just randomly make teams in order to get season rewards. The games themselves are just massive trollfests that we somehow manage to salvage into amazing (donger) wins.

Ferga

In terms of try-harding, it's better to play solo queue ranked than playing on GAF's 5s team.

We just kind of do whatever in most of these games.

Okay well I tried completely wiping anything LoL related from my Macbook and then re-downloading it. No success fixing the the visual glitch on Malzahars skills :| Still dont know how to do a clean install of the Intel HD 3000 driver but that seems like my last option to fix this.

OKay...okay. Had my first Rek'Sai game of night, and it went damn well. They had a Rek'Sai on enemy team, and I dominated her. Going full tank is definitely the way to go. That was fun as hell is all I have to say about it.

subtles

Okay well I tried completely wiping anything LoL related from my Macbook and then re-downloading it. No success fixing the the visual glitch on Malzahars skills :| Still dont know how to do a clean install of the Intel HD 3000 driver but that seems like my last option to fix this.

Have you tried emailing riot support? They were really helpful when I needed them.

stevewinwood presents how to fix galio

-his passive is boring, get something exciting in there, for every right click on him there is a chance to do some percent of self damage based on galios ap (dat ult synergy)
-make him ranged
-his q is perfect dont change that
-the heal from the shield should be more
-the e either needs to let you travel over cliffs and walls and stuff along the path OR get rid of the oath and just you and whatever teammates it hits gets a speed boost for x seconds
-his r should make him have 100% damage block

there hes fun now

also why cant i double tap the spell button to self cast

Blizzard

Banned
stevewinwood presents how to fix galio

-his passive is boring, get something exciting in there, for every right click on him there is a chance to do some percent of self damage based on galios ap (dat ult synergy)
-make him ranged
-his q is perfect dont change that
-the heal from the shield should be more
-the e either needs to let you travel over cliffs and walls and stuff along the path OR get rid of the oath and just you and whatever teammates it hits gets a speed boost for x seconds
-his r should make him have 100% damage block

there hes fun now

also why cant i double tap the spell button to self cast

I always forget, but alt-W (or whatever) should self cast. You may be able to rebind to make it easier too.

Durden77

some of the bios are gonna get major retconning because the league no longer existing (fiddle), some character's bios is gonna get minor tweaks (prolly sona, and other people that randomly joined the league like pantheon)

characters like jinx that never mention the league because it was a terrible idea in the first place are fine

Huh. So are they just reseting it? Is there gonna be new background or what? It's cool to have some kind of lore for a game like this, no matter how stupid it may be.

They'll probably redo some voice overs that mention summoners like Nocturne. Sona might stop being mute. There's no sense in her voice overs which are supposed to be directly communicating with the summoner.

I actually liked the idea of summoner and IP. Riot just stopped caring after they axed the lore department (rip Journals of Justice). They tried explaining certain items like Ezreal finding Wriggle's, or Zhonya's Ring getting stolen.

zkylon

zkylewd
Huh. So are they just reseting it? Is there gonna be new background or what? It's cool to have some kind of lore for a game like this, no matter how stupid it may be.
basically bottom line there's no story reason for what happens every summoner rift game you play now. there's no story to tie every champion together either other than all these champions being in runeterra at the same time.

a lot of champions don't necessarily "make sense" right now but outside of a few pretty big exceptions like fiddle they're generally ok

most old bios are more like "here's all this personal thing about this champion to justify him joining the league". so now the stories will be focused on the personal stuff and that's about it

they didn't do a massive rewrite of everyone's stories because if they did they would just be like megling the league out. instead the idea is slowly replacing the old bios with better ones that actually add stuff to the characters and make them more interesting and more fitting with the world. depending on the character they'll get more or less changes and all that. they redid a bunch of shurima-related bios for azir's release, for instance.

and hopefully for ori's new bio there'll be mentions of her pre-robot self being a super cool ballerina gunman (sorry for size)

zkylon

zkylewd
i'm weak

she looks too much of a badass in that oufit

i wish if they redid her lore they gave the ball more context

ori's lore in general is so terribad lol

like there's a tragic thing there that's cool and i like it and ballerina killer robot is a concept that it's pretty appealing to me but the whole she got randomly killed during league training is so dumb lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom