• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
I ended up with 7-6 poro mode record to get the icons. They even wrote a legend about me!

porowny45.png

Tizoc

Why do some guides recommend movement speed quints for Hecarim? Is it for mobility and to keep up with enemy champs?

...and my Twitch Search Fu is so weak I am watching a stream of a player using Vayne and having built both statik AND PD on her...

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Why do some guides recommend movement speed quints for Hecarim? Is it for mobility and to keep up with enemy champs?

...and my Twitch Search Fu is so weak I am watching a stream of a player using Vayne and having built both statik AND PD on her...
Movement speed scales with his passive, which gives extra AD.

23qwerty

I know that, but the bonus would be really small overall wouldn't it? Unless trinity+boots will make the extra attack damage be worth it come late game?

triforce, movespeed quints, and the movespeed masteries are all multiplicative, it adds up to so much more movespeed, and a pretty decent amount of AD

It's also an extra 15 movespeed right off the bat, pretty solid for ganks

Some math
with Triforce, Merc Treads, Quints, and the Masteries, you're gonna have 443 Movespeed.
That's 29 extra AD with your passive at level 18

Without the quints and masteries you have 420 movespeed which is 23 extra AD.

So the quints and masteries give you six extra AD, but also 23 extra movespeed

Tizoc

Thanks for clearing it up guys.
One last thing it seems Ranger's Trailblazer is built on Heca, is Juggernaut not worth it on him?

Sofo

Zky I'll let you know that I know use that Annie art as wallpaper :) Nice find!

Any of you going to PAX East know if codes will be handed? ;o I know I'm a bit of a ratty scavenger but if anyone wants to share a code after they used it in NA, I'd love to be able to use it on EUW!

3411967_ori.jpg

Edwardo

Zky I'll let you know that I know use that Annie art as wallpaper :) Nice find!

Any of you going to PAX East know if codes will be handed? ;o I know I'm a bit of a ratty scavenger but if anyone wants to share a code after they used it in NA, I'd love to be able to use it on EUW!

3411967_ori.jpg

If they give em out the same as before, I'll grab a bunch.

Sorry I'm just gonna cheat.
mNDQpbL.png

Love all the AP comps I'm seeing. I can get away with RoA/Visage/Locket/Abyssal/Banshee/DUNNO

edit: Okay this next match is gonna be a problem. Malph/Yasuo/Ziggs/Talon/Liss. Hope we can survive long enough to get my items. I got Nida, Brand, Jinx, Gragas.

Blizzard

Banned
Renekton's double dash and LeBlanc's double dash are the same ability repeated though, and one requires a target to be hit.

I can't think of anyone with two different abilities that do untargeted dashes, but even Riven's E doesn't go through walls so you could argue she only has one TRUE "dash" if you want. :p

Tizoc

Renekton's double dash and LeBlanc's double dash are the same ability repeated though, and one requires a target to be hit.

I can't think of anyone with two different abilities that do untargeted dashes, but even Riven's E doesn't go through walls so you could argue she only has one TRUE "dash" if you want. :p

I was watching a stream and I swear I saw Riven's E go through the 'walls' of the jungle camps.

OK so LeBonk and Riven, anyone else?

Nekofrog

Banned
brb

FiNtLXe.jpg

MWaU8PH.png

i dont get mad in games

i dont get upset in games

but this game fucking INFURIATED ME

many caps and smashed keyboards were had

Blizzard

Banned
2/9/45 alistar, neko turns off stream.

>:\
Nice assists! Also Panda best attitude, gotta keep calm.

I've finally seen a few games with Irelias that do well, but I still feel like she's kind of hard mode in general. She seems to hover around 49-51% win rate on lolking, but she's one of nekofrog's lower win rate champions.

Nekofrog

Banned
Nice assists! Also Panda best attitude, gotta keep calm.

I've finally seen a few games with Irelias that do well, but I still feel like she's kind of hard mode in general. She seems to hover around 49-51% win rate on lolking, but she's one of nekofrog's lower win rate champions.

a lot of that was me learning her as i was playing ranked. not the best way to go about it. but i can handle hard matchups easily now (renekton, jax, etc). the most recent loss was due to the firewall bug keeping me out of the game for like 15 minutes

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
if the champ select portion of the cait game goes up on youtube, you'll hear my opinion on nekos early irelia play.

Blizzard

Banned
a lot of that was me learning her as i was playing ranked. not the best way to go about it. but i can handle hard matchups easily now (renekton, jax, etc). the most recent loss was due to the firewall bug keeping me out of the game for like 15 minutes
I hate that bug and it seems really random. I don't know anything to do but keep restarting the client until it goes away.

Nekofrog

Banned
I hate that bug and it seems really random. I don't know anything to do but keep restarting the client until it goes away.

the funny thing is i never, EVER had that bug until this patch.

I did 2 complete computer restarts

several client restarts

nothing worked. now i get it at least once a day.

Sofo

Which is the better weapon to build on Wukong first; Brutalizer or Tiamat?

Not a top or Wukong player (and I don't tend to play things that build Brutalizer and/or Tiamat) but my gut says Brutalizer. I just don't see Tiamat that useful this early considering the passive Cleave won't matter in a 1v1 and with Brutalizer you get that delicious Armor Penetration and also CDR to top it off to have more ults.

Again, I am not that versed into champions that might build these two (max I play is Vi jungle, and for that I just get a Brutalizer) so I might be horribly wrong!

Anyone know why Vel'Koz has been removed from Snowden? I'm muy sad. He is my favorite champ, and I can't find on Riot forums why yet.

I saw people mentioning that it's because of some visual issues. Spells causing blue overlays and some spells being invisible for the other team.

A rioter posted this on reddit.

Kinda sucks! But yeah, I played a game with Dobe and he picked Vel'koz (before this) and I honestly didn't notice anything? Maybe it was only for enemy team!

Also! A bit late but wb Deadnames! Glad you are back to the land of the posting~ Just don't overdo yourself :3

Blizzard

Banned
I saw people mentioning that it's because of some visual issues. Spells causing blue overlays and some spells being invisible for the other team.

A rioter posted this on reddit.
That quote hurts my head.

There was a bug affecting playability with one of his skins in that specific mode. Unfortunately, we had to choose between turning off the skin game-wide, or the whole champ but just in that mode. We went with the former, since it wouldn't affect as many players, especially those outside the mode.
Did they mean they went with the LATTER? Assuming Vel'koz is still turned off in that mode, it sounds like they went with the latter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom