• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I should have never looked at the Steam sale...
Its too late, the power of Gaben commands you.
gabe-steam-sale.jpg

the Steam sale is hot fucking garbage this year

I've only been half tempted by AC IV and even still I didn't bite

crock of shit

I wanted borderlands but i missed it because my friend didn't answer his texts. Only other thing I've picked up is chivalry which is great fun.

Maybe they're saving the good deals for after christmas.

edit: oh, and Ground Zeroes too. I can't remember if that was technically a part of the sale or not though.

Bacon

Guys the secret is the same games are discounted every single year. If you already bought the games then the sales are shit.

Jeff-DSA

I'm sorry, everybody, but I'm going to start playing Riven when I draw top in picks and bans unless the match up is just horrible. I hate to be that guy, but I'm going to be that guy.

zkylon

zkylewd
Guys the secret is the same games are discounted every single year. If you already bought the games then the sales are shit.

this

the sales don't get worse, there's just less cool games for you to buy because you've already got them all

Yep, Steam sales are for those that visit the store once every few months and see "ooh, 75% off!" Everything I might get has been at that price before and unless they increase the discount or drop the MSRP it's not getting any lower.

At this point it's Humble Bundle or price errors for me.

Newt

Yi jungle lessons for $500 an hour.
e748594ce95ccccef016dd1771796022.png

linky?

I'm wasting away the last few hours of work until I start my vacation, reading some zky reviews.

Aww yes, Age of Wonder III on steam sale...because ironing out my roster during Christmas vacation wasn't going to be hard enough.
Also, you down for some AOWIII coop?

Ocho

this

the sales don't get worse, there's just less cool games for you to buy because you've already got them all

This. Or you make better purchasing decisions (compared to your first sale when you wanted everything). Sales and prices continue to rock.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
the Steam sale is hot fucking garbage this year

I've only been half tempted by AC IV and even still I didn't bite

crock of shit

I bought Assassin's creed black flag and I haven't played an AC game since brotherhood. The pirate stuff is fun but it's bogged down by all the assassin's creed shit that hasn't changed since 2006. I honestly hate most AAA games these days but it's an alright buy for 10 bucks.

DeadNames

Banned
if thats ur reaction to a tryndamere top then id hate to see how you'd react to someone like rumble.

Except Rumble's damage is fairly consistent.

Getting crit by Tryndamere when he's got like 3 AAs worth of fury is absolutely stupid and it just goes to show that luck screwed you over.

And besides, Rumble doesn't have the sustain, mobility, or a broken ass ult like Tryndamere.

It requires her to walk and stick to the target. It's a mediocre ganking tool.

It's difficult to pull it off unless you can gank from the enemy's rear.

Wow I love losing lane at level 1 because of an archaic mechanic based solely on luck!

Great champ design Riot ;^)
Your insufferable whining is the worst. You never blame yourself and look at how you can improve your lacking fundamentals.

Case in point: you losing to Cho'gath the other day. What was your take-away from that match in question? "I forgot about the buff to his ult," whilst ignoring the multiple available opportunities to punish him. You were presented every advantage in the book (Rupture at level 1 + RoA rush + squishy runes) in a match-up where Irelia has the clear-cut advantage to the point he should've never snowballed, on top of Irelia being indifferent about jungle Karthus' ganks as it is in this particular instance.

But hey, it's always the so-called imbalances that are at fault. Apparently. Definitely not one's own unfamiliarity on how to cope against numerous champions regardless of their popularity.

zkylon

zkylewd
i still don't get people whining about knockups

knockups are not without counters (aka dodge the damn spell) and buying merc treads does not qualify as counterplay™

DeadNames

Banned
Your insufferable whining is the worst. You never blame yourself and look at how you can improve your lacking fundamentals.

Case in point: you losing to Cho'gath the other day. What was your take-away from that match in question? "I forgot about the buff to his ult," whilst ignoring the multiple available opportunities to punish him. You were presented every advantage in the book (Rupture at level 1 + RoA rush + squishy runes) in a match-up where Irelia has the clear-cut advantage to the point he should've never snowballed, on top of Irelia being indifferent about jungle Karthus' ganks as it is in this particular instance.

But hey, it's always the so-called imbalances that are at fault. Apparently. Definitely not one's own unfamiliarity on how to cope against numerous champions regardless of their popularity.

I had no idea how to play against Cho and I totally realized it was my fault. I was kinda ignorant to his level 6 powerspike because I hadn't played against him in hundreds of games. I didn't blame anyone else or the champion; I got wrecked

But come on now, Tryndamere AAing me at level 1 with 1/10 of his Fury full and critting me, causing me to lose lane? That's stupid. No way anyone should be able to win simply based on chance. It's stupid. And Jarvan and Gnar? I know those champions. I've played as and against them and I've won and lost to them. It still doesn't change the fact that they're horrendously overtuned and Jarvan singlehandedly flip-flops who's meta and who's not.

And Gnar? Do you know how bad I feel when I play him? Not only is he immune to melees, but his passive has saved my sorry ass millions of times. Yes, he is squishy at levels 1-4, but you don't really need to worry about it once you get a brut because of all the damage you do. His W is stupid, his permaslow is just lame. I can't tell you the amount of times I've lived because I had a ranged permaslow on a 5< sec CD and a speedboost.

i still don't get people whining about knockups

knockups are not without counters (aka dodge the damn spell) and buying merc treads does not qualify as counterplay&#8482;

There's nothing inherently wrong with Knockups, but when almost every single champion on the other team has a form of one, it becomes really frustrating really fast.

Edwardo

Just traded 3 mystery skins with my friend. We did 2 490 and 1 790.

I got Frankentibbers Annie, Ninja Rammus, and Happy Elf Teemo.

Time to go and spread Christmas cheer!

zkylon

zkylewd
There's nothing inherently wrong with Knockups, but when almost every single champion on the other team has a form of one, it becomes really frustrating really fast.
do you fun stuns more enjoyable?

if everyone on the enemy team has hard cc it's hard not to be frustrated

merc treads dont reduce knockup times.
i know, that's why i'm saying it does not constitute counterplay

people are always saying just use stuns instead of knockups so i can buy merc treads to counter it

it's dumb

DeadNames

Banned
do you fun stuns more enjoyable?

if everyone on the enemy team has hard cc it's hard not to be frustrated

Stuns can be reduced by tenacity.

So Newt wanted me to post my last ranked game. Surprise surprise! I went versus Tryndamere! RNGesus didn't like me this game, and he crit me before my Q which would kill him. I also started lagging and afked lol.

zkylon

zkylewd
Stuns can be reduced by tenacity.

stuns are generally more reliable and last longer. so are snares and slows. you can reduce snares and fears with tenacity and fiddle and rammus are still annoying as fuck

i'll take reksai knockup over ryze snare or amumu ult any day because buying tenacity is not counterplay. dodgeable spells with good hitboxes or fair cooldowns or fair kits or whatever are. that's why shen shadow dash is cool and rammus taunt is not.

like i'm really confused so many people have problems with grievous wounds as a bad mechanic and no one says anything about tenacity

DeadNames

Banned
stuns are generally more reliable and last longer. so are snares and slows. you can reduce snares and fears with tenacity and fiddle and rammus are still annoying as fuck

i'll take reksai knockup over ryze snare or amumu ult any day

buying tenacity is not counterplay. dodgeable spells with good hitboxes or fair cooldowns or whatever are. that's why shen shadow dash is cool and rammus taunt is not

like i'm really confused so many people have problems with grievous wounds as a bad mechanic and no one says anything about tenacity

Well you're using pretty lame examples. Everyone knows Rammus and Ryze are two awfully designed champions and should be kept below Eve tier until they require some thought.

Like Tryndamere

drawkcaB

I've come to the realization that Steam is a front by the CDC and Academia to determine the onset of Alzheimer's and other mental health issues through mass experimentation.

zkylon

zkylewd
Well you're using pretty lame examples. Everyone knows Rammus and Ryze are two awfully designed champions and should be kept below Eve tier until they require some thought.

Like Tryndamere
just making my point

buying tenacity is not gonna make annoying champions not annoying, specially since 3/5 players very rarely can fit tenacity into their builds.

at the same time like u said knockups aren't bad by themselves.

Checklist for shitty vayne players

-Tumled forward?

-Random condemn?

-Trades vs sustain lane?

-Tumbles into skillshots?

-Ults and dies instantly?

If your vayne does one or more of these things, congrats. You lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom