• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leezard

The degree varies, but it very much affects.

If X counters Y and you start seeing X in 50% of the games picking Y gets much riskier.
That is true. Thus the "necessarily". There are often off-meta picks that still are plenty viable, that's what I want to say.
You're being uncharacteristically dense, Leezard.

I'm not sure if I understand. Perhaps I did not express myself properly, or misunderstood. I wouldn't go to the lengths of what drawkcaB said, but I think people in general are too stuck in playing what's meta. Following the meta gets less important the lower you get in the ranks, I think. Even in the higher ranks off-meta picks can have great success if you have knowledge of the champ. The Hecarim mid we've seen in a few competetive games is an example of that. The Sivir you've been playing before she started officially getting into the meta is another example. I think the high win rate chart usually have some off-meta champs in the top.

Granted, meta picks are often simpler to play since they have many good matchups in the current meta and it can be necessary to be able to play a couple of them, but this is not important in most ranks.

I'll go to sleep now so I'll not be able to answer for a while.

DeadNames

Banned
WARNING:
cLmPldX.png

From r/halo:

I know who this guy is, this guy is a huge complainer in the League of Legends subreddit and Neogaf as well. He posts ridiculous reasons like he knows what he is talking about sitting at silver with 500 games playing Aatrox all day, then on Neogaf if you look at his posts he complains in the halo thread now at iron or silver saying he goes highly positive in every game but is stuck at trashcan tier. There is nothing wrong with the sniper, I had a 50 in Team Snipers in halo 3 with 1500 xp, I've gotten the same quickscopes with triple blainers in halo 5. Don't listen to this kid, I'm not joking around if you have a neogaf account go look at deadnames, hell look at his reddit posts, he complains way too much. Silver tier in halo and LoL, you can figure out why he talks too damn much. I can't call him out in Neogaf because I would get banned instantly. "It's REALLy annoying" YES YOU ARE Kappa. Before anyone says I stalked him, nope, he just complains that much to where I remember him. When he jumped into the Halo thread, I just couldn't believe he brought that bitching to there from LoL. Even being plat 5 in LoL, he said I was wrong, it was funny when he got banned on Neogaf. I know no one is going to read this, but lol the same nigga crying

at first I was like

then i was like

now i'm like

rmuxOGq.jpg

Pre-season still counts towards this season's stats right? I really want to play ranked again but I don't want to mess up my stats (71% win rate!)

Blizzard

Banned
Is anyone else having problems with the League store today? Twice I've been unable to get in even after refreshing it several times, until I completely restart the client.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
So my chances of getting out of bronze while typically preferring to play support are unlikely right?

I don't know all of my lanes incredibly well.

Blizzard

Banned
So my chances of getting out of bronze while typically preferring to play support are unlikely right?

Some may tell you support is the easiest to carry with. Others may tell you that support is very difficult to carry with, in bronze.

I think it's fair to say that you will require extreme reserves of sanity if you want to main support in bronze, even if you're successful on average.

Play Annie support and build full damage
If you play Annie or Zyra support, please at least build a sightstone before many damage items. Your teammates may love you forever if you at least get the level 1 sightstone and occasionally put a ward somewhere near the river.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
So maybe try out Annie? I play Morgana a lot.

I feel as though I have improved. I think my big gripe right now is that I can't just fill in lobbies atm. It's a little childish but for some reason I am just not comfortable playing jungle or top.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Some may tell you support is the easiest to carry with. Others may tell you that support is very difficult to carry with, in bronze.

I think it's fair to say that you will require extreme reserves of sanity if you want to main support in bronze, even if you're successful on average.

If you play Annie or Zyra support, please at least build a sightstone before many damage items. Your teammates may love you forever if you at least get the level 1 sightstone and occasionally put a ward somewhere near the river.
Haha, I'm just joking. Unless I'm dicking around, I almost always rush sightstone.
So maybe try out Annie? I play Morgana a lot.

I feel as though I have improved. I think my big gripe right now is that I can't just fill in lobbies atm. It's a little childish but for some reason I am just not comfortable playing jungle or top.
Depends on the game. If you do want a kill lane, Annie/Vel'Koz/other burstier supports are fun. If you work on the more utility focused ones like Janna or Nami, you can basically spoon feed your carries (though if they suck then it's a bit harder).

And don't sweat not playing every lane. I play almost exclusively mid, ad and jungle. If you're a support main, you'll be high in demand every game.

I think jungling is the easiest way out of Bronze since you don't have to rely on anything other than yourself. Before she became useless, I got out of Bronze mainly playing Evelynn then switched to mostly supporting with
Leona
(the best support) to get out of Silver.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
Okay so just played a bot game with Annie for the first time.

Are you guys sure I wouldn't be frowned upon for choosing her as a supp in ranked?

Newt

Still waiting on the pussy that called me out on reddit to show his face here. Do it bitch, I ain't afraid.
Well, I can tell you it wasn't Ghost or Neko. Not that I know who it was, but Neko isn't plat 5 and Ghost and I were 50s in slayer, not snipers.

Sofo

Probably some junior that only posts 1-2 times a day.

I don't think Junior shaming is allowed in GAF, even if you are a Junior? At least when I joined years ago I remember someone getting called out on it.

Anyway, why are you obsessing so much about someone pussying out and ratting you out somewhere? Who gives a fuck? Do you? Because if so, you need to check your priorities. I don't know you that well but I am sure you can still be an enjoyable person to be around (I hope?) on the NA GAF chat in LoL, so if someone has a complain and you can still play with others and have friends... worse for him then, he won't get to know you!

TL;DR: chill out and ignore, who gives a fuck.

DeadNames

Banned
Hmm...

Why so eager to dismiss the case? Is there something you're afraid of?

/CSINeoGAF

Edit: oh my god. I know who it is. It's talents. A dude that posted a lot in haloGaf but got ostracized. Occasionally I see him post here.

Detective deadnames folks.

Sofo

Hmm...

Why so eager to dismiss the case? Is there something you're afraid of?

/CSINeoGAF

Edit: oh my god. I know who it is. It's talents. A dude that posted a lot in haloGaf but got ostracized. Occasionally I see him post here.

Detective deadnames folks.
You're kinda hopeless btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom