• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
Newt's video plus Nekofrog's post are giving me an irrational urge to play Vayne. I probably should, just to remind myself why I shouldn't.

I don't play either champ but how does Irelia beat Rumble? I imagined Rumble can beat her because of higher DPS and Rumble Q doesn't care about stuns.

Blizzard

Banned
Rex nearly got hit by a fully-charged Nunu ult just now, but he flashed to escape and TheOddOne made a huge mistake trying to follow. :(

Blizzard

Banned
TheOddOne: *glances at Vayne dying alone* "We could actually lose this game. ALL RIGHT BOYS, TIME TO FIND SOMEONE TO BLAME. I blame Zed."

Blizzard

Banned
oddone being a dick to people on his team as TSM members are inclined to do
I think he was joking on the mic, it was said kind of humorously.

He isn't being very rude in chat, just kind of stating the obvious, as in Zyra not letting him go support, and then refusing to buy sightstone at what I assume is diamond something-or-other. And he wasn't harassing her, just saying the team needed a sightstone and asking her to buy it due to her role.

Blizzard

Banned
Is this diamond level? There were no wards on baron a while back, and not even the baron river crab killed, seemed kind of funny.

*edit* The Vayne literally just ulted in 1v4 or 1v5 to end the game. Even the Zed was nonplussed.

I don't play either champ but how does Irelia beat Rumble? I imagined Rumble can beat her because of higher DPS and Rumble Q doesn't care about stuns.

Irelia can literally ignore him and farm the minions with her E passive and slap him with E to make him run away from her.

Newt

Was lagging a bit that match. Also, never build Zyra like this.
aff7783e982473c8448031f0df276316.png

Blizzard

Banned
Listening to TheOddOne reminds me a little of listening to YLA Rex on Mumble. TheOddOne's stream seems pretty entertaining though, even if there are bizarre champion choices or plays.

TheOddOne didn't want to go top (I missed if Zyra took support after he already picked or what) but had to anyway.

Zyra died 15 times, but at least purchased a (un-upgraded?) sightstone by the end.

Unless I missed something, Vayne, with all mid-lane towers alive, ulted, tumbled forwards, and suicided against 4+ visible enemies. 30+ minutes in. With 1 teammate anywhere nearby. Thus virtually cementing the loss. I have no explanation.

Newt

Listening to TheOddOne reminds me a little of listening to YLA Rex on Mumble. TheOddOne's stream seems pretty entertaining though, even if there are bizarre champion choices or plays.

TheOddOne didn't want to go top (I missed if Zyra took support after he already picked or what) but had to anyway.

Zyra died 15 times, but at least purchased a (un-upgraded?) sightstone by the end.

Unless I missed something, Vayne, with all mid-lane towers alive, ulted, tumbled forwards, and suicided against 4+ visible enemies. 30+ minutes in. With 1 teammate anywhere nearby. Thus virtually cementing the loss. I have no explanation.
Can't put all the blame on Vayne. One person dying shouldn't = getting every mid tower, inhib, and baron.

Blizzard

Banned
Can't put all the blame on Vayne. One person dying shouldn't = getting every mid tower, inhib, and baron.
TheOddOne was certainly pointing out the problems with AP Nunu and his play and there were many issues with the game.

It was just that play in particular was incredibly bizarre, watching on the stream. It wasn't like anyone was hidden that I could tell, it was Vayne tumbling forwards into 4, potentially 5 enemies (who have CC and AOE damage) with half her own team dead. And doing that at a key point 30+ minutes into the game where losing someone can mean 2+ towers or baron go down really quick.

Nunu was immediately dived as a result, and 1-2 of the other players were dead, which meant they couldn't stop baron 3v5 or effectively defend the other towers with the weird Zed + Pantheon + Zyra combination. If Nunu had run back earlier, they might have had a chance of saving a tower with 4v5 I guess.

Blizzard

Banned
But yeah, I'm glad we won that.

Whoever chooses nunu top is the devil and deserves to lose.
I'm guessing you have me on ignore, but in case not -- I pointed out once or twice that TheOddOne apparently did NOT pick top, or at least did not want top. Zyra insisted on going support, apparently forcing TheOddOne into Nunu top, and then Zyra refused to buy sightstone until very late in the game, thus the annoyance in chat discussed earlier.

Ambition

You might want to evaluate your own play first.

I have and I don't see what I could of done to avoid it. My support kept initiating fights while I was at base buying things, I even pinged over and over to back off and turret farm. Other lanes kept feeding which lead to being ganked and losing tower

Die less. Yeah, seems cold for me to say something like that but that's the biggest problem. Even if your team fights 4v5, that doesn't mean you need to go follow them and die too. Besides that, you took ignite on Caitlyn, who is the longest ranged level 1 ad carry in the game who will never be able to use it effectively.

Ferga

Dont buy GA that early on. It's pointles especially against an olaf..

On another point, I was called a stupid monkey so much that game by oddone.

Ambition

Die less. Yeah, seems cold for me to say something like that but that's the biggest problem. Even if your team fights 4v5, that doesn't mean you need to go follow them and die too. Besides that, you took ignite on Caitlyn, who is the longest ranged level 1 ad carry in the game who will never be able to use it effectively.

I actually never thought about the ignite thing, thanks for the advice!

Blizzard

Banned
Dont buy GA that early on. It's pointles especially against an olaf..

On another point, I was called a stupid monkey so much that game by oddone.
I think he was calling Wukong a stupid monkey because he is a monkey-with-a-stick champion, not you per se. :p

I tried Vayne due to all the videos and discussion and how successful TheOddOne's Vayne in that game was. I ended up losing with 5 players and baron against 4 players, so that's not too successful. Next game I'm going to try AS runes instead of AD runes, and BOTRK first instead of IE first. I had fantasies of crit damage but they did not play out.

I am starting Q first which is hopefully the correct choice. Newt's video frowned up on W first.

I actually never thought about the ignite thing, thanks for the advice!
AD carries usually take heal as far as I know, to give themselves a slight speed boost and health recovery in battle. Barrier is another choice so you can survive to get an extra hit or two in.

Leezard

I think he was calling Wukong a stupid monkey because he is a monkey-with-a-stick champion, not you per se. :p

I tried Vayne due to all the videos and discussion and how successful TheOddOne's Vayne in that game was. I ended up losing with 5 players and baron against 4 players, so that's not too successful. Next game I'm going to try AS runes instead of AD runes, and BOTRK first instead of IE first. I had fantasies of crit damage but they did not play out.

I am starting Q first which is hopefully the correct choice. Newt's video frowned up on W first.

AD carries usually take heal as far as I know, to give themselves a slight speed boost and health recovery in battle. Barrier is another choice so you can survive to get an extra hit or two in.
Typically you max Q first if you go for a more AD-heavy build with ie, while you max W first if you go for the attack speed heavy build with bork.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom