• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who needs 1v5 when you can die after putting down all you shit and still outdamage everything 0v5.

If I ever decide to be a support player I shall join the plant master race.

Blizzard

Banned
It does, actually. Very common misconception. Liandry's applies on all spells, even on AD spells. You can pick up Liandry's on Talon for example and it'll apply on rake (not that you'd want to).
Similarly, spellvamp applies on AD spells from someone like Talon or Riven, I think?

Although again, you would not want to get spellvamp on them.

Fracas

#fuckonami
What kind of items do I need to build on more damage oriented supports like Zyra and Vel'Koz?

I've been going Morellos/Liandry's/Rylai's/etc rather than straight damage but I dunno.

Jeff-DSA

I'm having trouble finding how people enjoy Nasus, be it playing as him or against him. He's still the only champ whose purchase I refunded, and every time I play against him I want to dodge. He's not particularly hard to lane against...it's pretty easy in most cases, but it's so boring. He's this big, unkillable monster that just soaks up your hits and then hits you a few times and then you both back and repeat until laning finally breaks down and ends.

Obviously a good jungler can help you win your lane and free you from the monotony of laning against a Nasus, but rarely do I see that happen in Gold.

I beat Nasus last night as Fiora, but just the fact that I spent 40 minutes in that game felt like a loss.

Also, WTF at matchmaking? It was ranked and we had an unranked player on our team that was in a duo queue with a Silver player. I know that they can duo, but why wouldn't it give them lower elo teammates/opponents? They were all Gold, as high as Gold 3. And along those lines, can an unranked player duo queue with a Gold or higher player? I thought that the two division restriction would prevent that, but maybe it doesn't apply to unranked players.

Nekofrog

Banned
LeeSin_Square_0.png

no more thumb sin

Jeff-DSA

The only thing that matters right now is MMR. The divisions you achieve are completely pointless.

Eh, so might as well keep playing. I don't want to come out and have to push through the silver barrier again. I'd like to just place gold and stay gold next season. Probably not a bad thing to pump the MMR going into next season.

Jeff-DSA

I mean divisions are always pointless. Play ranked for fun and competition.

Well, mostly it's about how much League I want to play. I've been trying to tackle that crazy backlog of mine (thanks for nothing, Steam Sale), and I've been playing with Twitch streaming along the way. Since you always get your worst matches ever the first time you promote, I figured I probably wouldn't make it in the first go.

By the way, the only way to get a decent match these days is to play ranked. Normals are so bad right now. It's almost unplayable.

Nekofrog

Banned
outside of valkyria chronicles i haven't bought a game on steam in like 3 years because i realized even back then that i'd never play them

now with league it's even more obvious ill never play them.

still played vc though cause that game was dope on the ps3.

Jeff-DSA

I'm playing my games, I haven't been so terrible at it that I'll never climb out of the backlog hole I've dug, but it's going to take some work.

But when it comes down to it, I just have more fun playing League right now than anything else. If I'm playing games for fun, I might as well play the most fun game. So yeah, I work on the backlog, but never fully set League aside to do so.

Zelda, if it comes out in 2015, might put a huge dent into the frequency of my LoL logins for a few weeks though.

smartest graves na.

has flash, was behind thresh, was completely safe from me, newt and pantheon.

GRABS THE LANTERN, GOES BACK IN, FLASHES INTO PANTH ULT, GETS BOTH OF THEM KILLED

ROFL

Blizzard

Banned
I think smurfs usually do pretty well if they are playing a champ they're familiar with, against people who are a much lower MMR.

So it shouldn't be too surprising -- eventually your smurf should even out with people who are closer to diamond.

Newt

I think smurfs usually do pretty well if they are playing a champ they're familiar with, against people who are a much lower MMR.

So it shouldn't be too surprising -- eventually your smurf should even out with people who are closer to diamond.
Yeah, probably. I'm more surprised I was able to get ADC + Sivir every game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom