• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edwardo

When you press tab, there's 2 tiny dragon heads (one for purple and blue side) made up of 5 parts (signalling the 5 dragon buffs). It's situated near the top (2nd row IIRC)

When a team gets a buff, one of the bars will light up.

If you think a team is getting drag when you have no wards, you can hold tab and watch a part of the dragon head light up for a drag timer.

Nightblue is so damn terrible on reksai...

Oh sweet. Thanks.

Sofo

Whenever I reboot my computer, it takes me 10-15 login attempts before I can actually log into the client. Then, whenever the game loads, it freezes and I have to reboot the client. This only happens on the first game after a computer restart. It's incredibly annoying and usually leads to the first wave of minions lost.

Anyone else have this issue?

I do not have this issue sorry, but have you tried maybe doing a custom game or coop vs ai first in the day so at least it doesn't fuck up with your normals/ranked? At least that would relieve some stress from your mind? :) Not really a solution but it's something!

Whenever I reboot my computer, it takes me 10-15 login attempts before I can actually log into the client. Then, whenever the game loads, it freezes and I have to reboot the client. This only happens on the first game after a computer restart. It's incredibly annoying and usually leads to the first wave of minions lost.

Anyone else have this issue?

I assume you've tried repairing the client?

If that doesn't work I'd honestly just do a full reinstall.

Ocho

I think smurfs usually do pretty well if they are playing a champ they're familiar with, against people who are a much lower MMR.

So it shouldn't be too surprising -- eventually your smurf should even out with people who are closer to diamond.

Aka you suck without Sivir, Newt.

I'm sure I could go smurf in bronze and play mediocre at the very best with my worst champs. I don't think I can carry bronze games with Urgot or Kayle or Poppy.

Jeff-DSA

Riot should let you report people for playing on boosted accounts. Last night was a nice reminder that there's a lot of them floating around right now in ranked. Started out with match with a jungler that didn't take smite because, "I don't like smite." Had to leash so hard for him to start that I got to my lane already a level behind (which is awful against Riven). Then the jungler just fed mid and bot. First time I saw him, he was 4 levels behind and he just rolled up into my lane and died less than 20 seconds after I told him to ignore top, because I knew how it would go. I go on a 7 kill spree and the jungler has the balls to say that we lost because I wouldn't let him get fed in team fights. There's no way a guy in Gold IV got there by himself with such a terrible understanding of the game.

Next game some idiot takes Yasuo and manages to feed up Zed and Yi because he constantly got ganked. He had no concept of warding his bushes and wouldn't listen when the team told him to stop pushing the lane. I was 9-2, but none of it mattered because Yi could kill in under 2 seconds, even with a GA on me. It was so stupid. Then at the end the Yasuo flat out admits that it's his first time playing in Gold and he doesn't know the runes available on the account. Thanks, bro! Way to crap up our game.

So yeah, another night like that and I'll probably just screw around in Team Builder until next season. I've ran into so many bad, bad players in ranked lately.

thing I learned today: Skarner is hot garbage

The only reason you play Skarner is for his ult.

Riot should let you report people for playing on boosted accounts. Last night was a nice reminder that there's a lot of them floating around right now in ranked. Started out with match with a jungler that didn't take smite because, "I don't like smite." Had to leash so hard for him to start that I got to my lane already a level behind (which is awful against Riven). Then the jungler just fed mid and bot. First time I saw him, he was 4 levels behind and he just rolled up into my lane and died less than 20 seconds after I told him to ignore top, because I knew how it would go. I go on a 7 kill spree and the jungler has the balls to say that we lost because I wouldn't let him get fed in team fights. There's no way a guy in Gold IV got there by himself with such a terrible understanding of the game.

Next game some idiot takes Yasuo and manages to feed up Zed and Yi because he constantly got ganked. He had no concept of warding his bushes and wouldn't listen when the team told him to stop pushing the lane. I was 9-2, but none of it mattered because Yi could kill in under 2 seconds, even with a GA on me. It was so stupid. Then at the end the Yasuo flat out admits that it's his first time playing in Gold and he doesn't know the runes available on the account. Thanks, bro! Way to crap up our game.

So yeah, another night like that and I'll probably just screw around in Team Builder until next season. I've ran into so many bad, bad players in ranked lately.

rYOXX0k.png

That's why I'm staying away from Ranked until I get better.

drawkcaB

So...standard Blitz behavior?

Well beyond standard.

EDIT: This is getting ridiculous.

EDIT2: ooooo outplayed at top. Poppy support legit. AP Aatrox...not so much.

EDIT3: holy shit the blitz leading you right to nocturne, and then he turns around to punch you. I refuse to believe this is actually a ~1500 MMR. How bad must I be to be lower than this shit?

Edwardo

The only thing that matters right now is MMR. The divisions you achieve are completely pointless.

I mean divisions are always pointless. Play ranked for fun and competition.

I wouldn't call divisions pointless. They're the only thing the game gives you to determine where you're at compared to other players. Like sure, your hidden rating is where you really are, but until it's actually shown to players, your division is fine.

I wouldn't call divisions pointless. They're the only thing the game gives you to determine where you're at compared to other players. Like sure, your hidden rating is where you really are, but until it's actually shown to players, your division is fine.
In the context of the preseason, whatever division you're in has absolutely no importance once the reset hits.

Played League mac for the first time since September on my 2014 Macbook Pro with the Intel Iris integrated graphics at 1440x900. It was really nice, they've really improved the performance, I was playing medium settings ALWAYS above 60fps.

It's nowhere close to Dota 2's mac performance, but it's a step in the right direction. Riot even fixed the bug with 2560x1600, so I can now appreciate it at its 20fps glory.

Nekofrog

Banned
a tip for the imgur uploading people:

you can press print screen and then ctrl+v at imgur's homepage to upload. i've been saving it in mspaint and drag and dropping it all this time like an IDIOT

Newt

I mean divisions are pointless in that, there's equally no reason to play now as there would be in the main season.

bidguy

Banned
In the context of the preseason, whatever division you're in has absolutely no importance once the reset hits.

why ? i understand everyone has to do placements again but arent you gonna end up near your s4 division anyways ? like +- one or two divisions even if you play bad

can you actually land in bronze if you had gold or plat last season ?

Newt

why ? i understand everyone has to do placements again but arent you gonna end up near your s4 division anyways ? like +- one or two divisions even if you play bad

can you actually land in bronze if you had gold or plat last season ?
You're likely gonna end up higher because of mmr slowing down in the old season.

Newt

so it would be a good idea to start ranked at the beginning of s5 ?
I mean, it would be best to play now. But you're likely going to have a higher rank next season that this season. The system is good for evaluating skill, but it's bad for evaluating improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom