• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
Just lost a game where we had 5 dragons to 0 and baron because our Tristana refused to group and she would never be there for fights or she would run ahead and die. Then Brand would YOLO engage on them and it would only get worse.

Edit: If I lose this, I won't play ranked until the new season. It's so full of crap right now.
Yeah, I'm done until the season starts. People are using ranked as a test bed instead of normals and it's ridiculous. Never mind that my support was a full on racist in that game. Too toxic, I'm out until next season for ranked.
Trick question, I'm already shameful, just not in Silver yet. I'm on tilt so bad. Someone tell me I have horrible teammates, quick!

Didn't you say you were done with ranked until the next season starts? That is the best advice I could give you. If you crave draft, you could play normal draft instead.

Edwardo

Yeah I find normal draft to be pretty cool. Ppl still goof off and stuff, buy there's generally a better mindset then Team Builder.

Newt

I don't think that ranked is actually different than it is in the regular season. That's probably all in your head.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Just got out of a 65 minute match that would just not end my god. Had a jinx that went melee mode every teamfight and died instantly. She straight up said kiting is mathematically impossible. Jeeeeeeesus

At least we won.

Jeff-DSA

I don't think that ranked is actually different than it is in the regular season. That's probably all in your head.

Eh, it's been really bad. Lots of people trying out champs and just doing it in ranked. That irks me so much. You start out, and then while at the fountain someone says, "first time jungling." Like, really, dude? Couldn't you do that in Team Builder?

I'm just extra bugged because I went from 1 win to promos down to 0 LP in two nights. Save me, Zyra.

If you want to play ranked a lot but are prone to tilting, it might be worth investing in an alt. I've seen a lot of people claim it helps them because they can play without feeling like they're risking anything, stay calmer and end up at a higher rank than their main.

Newt

Eh, it's been really bad. Lots of people trying out champs and just doing it in ranked. That irks me so much. You start out, and then while at the fountain someone says, "first time jungling." Like, really, dude? Couldn't you do that in Team Builder?

I'm just extra bugged because I went from 1 win to promos down to 0 LP in two nights. Save me, Zyra.
People do that in the regular season too though.

Saprol

I have no idea what's going on anymore. Nid/Sion reworks, not allowed to buy a machete in bot games w/o smite, machete not turning into a bunch of green stones, etc.

So what champs fit in more than one role? Is there any flexibility in typical bot-laners going elsewhere or is it just relegated to interchangeable top/mid solos or top/jungle?

Jeff-DSA

I have no idea what's going on anymore. Nid/Sion reworks, not allowed to buy a machete in bot games w/o smite, machete not turning into a bunch of green stones, etc.

So what champs fit in more than one role? Is there any flexibility in typical bot-laners going elsewhere or is it just relegated to interchangeable top/mid solos or top/jungle?

Role diversity seems pretty low right now. You can play some of the mid mages up top, but very few champions play multiple roles very well. I guess a handful of supports can be viable in mid and vice versa. Zyra and Morgana are good at both roles.

I don't know. It seems like top is just a huge mess right now and I don't know what's going on up there. In mid assassins are ruling the day. Bot lanes have little diversity and the jungler pool is pretty much locked down to standard junglers with a few odd exceptions.

Ferga

I don't recommend cho jungle.

Too easy to invade and 1v1 duel him.

Plus other junglers pose more of a threat in 2v2s if you miss rupture.

Keep him as a laner. Mobility creep destroyed cho jungle.

I don't recommend cho jungle.

Too easy to invade and 1v1 duel him.

Plus other junglers pose more of a threat in 2v2s if you miss rupture.

Keep him as a laner. Mobility creep destroyed cho jungle.
Eh, he stays noticeably healthier than the majority of the junglers on the first clear and his E does deceptive amounts of damage in early 2vs2's with attack speed runes whether or not he hits Rupture.

Mobility creep is the larger issue, and it'll go downhill again if Riot goes through with replacing the 50% slow Smite. Still a decent enough frontline due to his innate ability to quickly bulk up (+ good CC) and his ult is a valuable tool for objective control, but he's very prone to being kited nonetheless. Far worse junglers out there to try right now all-in-all.

DeadNames

Banned
What I don't get is Riot fully acknowledges mobility creep then releases Kalista.

I mean what were they thinking? There is absolutely no way she can be truly balanced with that passive. She will either be lacking or completely broken.

Newt

What I don't get is Riot fully acknowledges mobility creep then releases Kalista.

I mean what were they thinking? There is absolutely no way she can be truly balanced with that passive. She will either be lacking or completely broken.
You've apparently never played Kalista before. Try using her passive when you have like a Nasus wither on you.

Kalista is not one of the "dumbass dash" champions like Lucian or Corki. Her passive is far from an easy way out or in. It actually takes thought and skill to use.

DeadNames

Banned
You've apparently never played Kalista before. Try using her passive when you have like a Nasus wither on you.

Kalista is not one of the "dumbass dash" champions like Lucian or Corki. Her passive is far from an easy way out or in. It actually takes thought and skill to use.

Oh I never said she was faceroll like Lucian/Graves/Corki, but there's no doubting her passive is one of the best in the game.

Edwardo

stop being toxic

g7ARfT8.png

Achtius

Just got Championship Thresh. Okay, I guess.

EDIT:
It also means I'm not toxic. Yay.

It didn't have the pop up mystery skin screen?
have to scroll through all ur champs? what

also just bought creator viktor. Luckily i just log on to see if i got the skin or else i would have missed it :3

Blizzard

Banned
but what if there actually is a pop up and it really was a skin that was forgotten
That's most likely.

What I'd really like is for Riot to post when the process is finished, so everyone who didn't get a popup will know for sure they're on the naughty list.

Edwardo

Just looked through reddit and a couple Riot ppl said they'll be coming tomorrow and rolling out over the next couple days. According to Lyte, 95% of players are getting a gift.

Blizzard

Banned
Just looked through reddit and a couple Riot ppl said they'll be coming tomorrow and rolling out over the next couple days. According to Lyte, 95% of players are getting a gift.
That makes more sense. I stopped after looking through 48 champions. I'm watching a stream anyway so it's not like I was doing much. >_>

Blizzard

Banned
After watching ranked, I noticed YLA Rex is now in the same division as SegiX, who I believe is another poster in this thread.

Is there a display bug spectating Cassiopeia? I was spectating one with 500-700 AP, even without deathcap, and they were showing something like 39 stacks maxing at 50. Maybe it was 390-500 and the new tiny buff icons are cutting off a number?

After watching ranked, I noticed YLA Rex is now in the same division as SegiX, who I believe is another poster in this thread.

Is there a display bug spectating Cassiopeia? I was spectating one with 500-700 AP, even without deathcap, and they were showing something like 39 stacks maxing at 50. Maybe it was 390-500 and the new tiny buff icons are cutting off a number?

The text was probably cut off because the icons are really small.

Tizoc

yo how do i build fiora

Hydra>Last Whisper>Bloodthirster>Tank up.
Youmuu is good on her too, mainly because if you Ult and some enemies are still alive it'll let you chase them and finish them off, but Hydra+LW should be her first items.

drawkcaB

Eh, he stays noticeably healthier than the majority of the junglers on the first clear and his E does deceptive amounts of damage in early 2vs2's with attack speed runes whether or not he hits Rupture.

Mobility creep is the larger issue, and it'll go downhill again if Riot goes through with replacing the 50% slow Smite. Still a decent enough frontline due to his innate ability to quickly bulk up (+ good CC) and his ult is a valuable tool for objective control, but he's very prone to being kited nonetheless. Far worse junglers out there to try right now all-in-all.

A positive of Cho' jungle right now is that he's pretty solid in the assassin meta. 2.5s silence can really wreck. I find he's like Trundle jungle. Yeah you can pick if first I guess but if you pick him with/against compositions that highlight what they can do then they're very strong. I don't think I'd rate his early clearing sustain as particularly great either, to be honest, but I've only tried it out in customs for my own info and not in an actual match. It's not bad, but there's enough junglers better than him that I'd have to say he's average.

deadnames said:

"Mobility creep" has existed in Riot's lexicon going back to when I started playing at the end of season 1. Frankly, I think Riot likes it just fine, just like they like the strict position definitions (mid, top, duo bot, jungle) much more then they'd ever let on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom